Dynamis - How To Do It Right?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dynamis - How to do it right?
Dynamis - How to do it right?
 Sylph.Otsego
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-10-30 13:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM sleeping in dynamis from what I have seen is very easy. RDM casts sleepga, BLM stacks sleepga II, RDM safe. If you have moronic BLM, then RDM is screwed if they have a lot of slept mobs. As to the BRD idea, you are right. As long as the melee have double march & double minuet/madrigal, or madrigal/minuet, they dont give a damn what you sing.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Clinkclink
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Clinkclink 2009-10-30 13:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:

If I see anyone delevel in Dynamis I tell them to get a buffer. There's no excuse for delevelling anywhere now with campaign.

I also unleash a can of whoop *** if somebody demands a Raise 3 when they delevel.

Totally agree.
[+]
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-10-30 13:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:

If you don't know anything about Dynamis, why are you worried about wasting your time? My point is, enter the run and see for yourself. As I said in my previous post, if you have to think whether or not a run is worth wasting your time, you're probably not that bothered about trying to find out first hand.

See, I don't like going in blind, testing out the waters and making up my own assumptions. I'm no expert. So I ask the more experienced players about their opinions and assume a blank state so I can get info without bias. Do you ever start a research product by simply writing? No. You collect information first and come informed.

I'm worried of 'wasting' my time because there are a million RDMs waiting for their relics and BST relic isn't all that useful aside from hands and possibly legs. With chances of them dropping, what's left?

So what's left for me is the wins. At least I get to see new dreamland zones or something.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-30 13:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What's left is doing an event because you enjoy it and not because you "get something". People like you, that are only going to attend an event to get what they want and then leave, annoy me.
[+]
 Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-10-30 13:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
BST relic isn't all that useful aside from hands and possibly legs. With chances of them dropping, what's left?

BST AF2 Pants: Monster Trousers Got them by complete accident in sandy one night, just a random drop. But I do see your point, RDM is the most sought after AF2 from what I have seen, because of the hat and body mostly.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-30 13:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd be surprised on how many Rdms would rather want something else than Rdm relic.

If the linkshell does Tiers, then you have a good chance of getting Rdm by always being Tier 1.

But don't expect to get ***the second you join - gear is over time, so just enjoy the process.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-30 13:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
See, I don't like going in blind, testing out the waters and making up my own assumptions. I'm no expert. So I ask the more experienced players about their opinions and assume a blank state so I can get info without bias. Do you ever start a research product by simply writing? No. You collect information first and come informed.

I'm worried of 'wasting' my time because there are a million RDMs waiting for their relics and BST relic isn't all that useful aside from hands and possibly legs. With chances of them dropping, what's left?

So what's left for me is the wins. At least I get to see new dreamland zones or something.

Experienced players get their experience from running. I picked up all of my Dynamis knowledge by wiping with my shell, losing runs, getting owned and then progressing as a shell and building experience together; not by asking other people how it's done. There is an uncomparable difference between reading about something and doing it. The best way for you to pick up Dynamis experience is joining a shell. If they wipe, so what. Learn from it. That's how this game should be played.

As for drops, that comes with time. If you join a comparatively old linkshell, you might find yourself getting drops quicker than in a new shell. Most of the people in older shells have all of the drops they need and are only going after the really hard to get drops. In your case, that would be Duelist's Chapeau.

Another benifit is an older shell will have more experience and have more of a rapport build up with its members. This means you'll probably find more success in terms of wins and drops in an older shell.

And if you don't get drops, what's left is the enjoyment of Dynamis and working as a team. My shell's nearly three years old and I'm still loving every minute of Dynamis. You just can't beat the feeling of satisfaction knowing you've made someone's day.
[+]
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-10-30 13:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Otsego said:
RDM sleeping in dynamis from what I have seen is very easy. RDM casts sleepga, BLM stacks sleepga II, RDM safe. If you have moronic BLM, then RDM is screwed if they have a lot of slept mobs. As to the BRD idea, you are right. As long as the melee have double march & double minuet/madrigal, or madrigal/minuet, they dont give a damn what you sing.

Haha! Sounds a fair amount more exciting than fresh/buff. SCH/RDM should be dynatastic too.

Meh on RDM nuking.. I can never seem to be able to nuke as well as a SCH or BLM using the same tier spell. I just save the MP for buffs and/or cures.

Fairy.Tbest said:
What's left is doing an event because you enjoy it and not because you "get something". People like you, that are only going to attend an event to get what they want and then leave, annoy me.

And people like you, who put words in people's mouths, annoy me.
Fact: Everyone wants something. Everyone's 'something' changes from person to person. Mine is effectiveness. If the run is effective and successful, that is my 'fun'. If the shell isn't going to be effective, I am not interested. Unnecessary failure is just sad.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-30 13:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Simply ask around about a shell - the streets of Whitegate will talk.
They'll know if a shell fails or not.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-30 13:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
Meh on RDM nuking.. I can never seem to be able to nuke as well as a SCH or BLM using the same tier spell. I just save the MP for buffs and/or cures.

That's because it's not, and it's not supposed to be. You implied you didn't enjoy refreshing and haste whoring, so I presented an alternative. If you want to keep your MP for what you don't enjoy doing, so be it.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-30 13:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:

In other words... If you clear all zones and don't get your relic, it was wasted time. :P
 Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-10-30 13:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
Haha! Sounds a fair amount more exciting than fresh/buff. SCH/RDM should be dynatastic too. Meh on RDM nuking.. I can never seem to be able to nuke as well as a SCH or BLM using the same tier spell. I just save the MP for buffs and/or cures.And people like you, who put words in people's mouths, annoy me. Fact: Everyone wants something. Everyone's 'something' changes from person to person. Mine is effectiveness. If the run is effective and successful, that is my 'fun'. If the shell isn't going to be effective, I am not interested. Unnecessary failure is just sad.

Here's the scary part about BLM assisting with sleep, thats how it should be, but its not always the case. RDM nuking, at any point in dynamis should not happen, unless the win is achieved, and you just stick around to farm. Everyone does want something, as you said. Dynamis for me is just points and fun. I dont care if i get AF drops such as BLM hands or feet, I just do it because its fun to nuke charmed SAM's because they think its funny to kill a BLM.
[+]
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-10-30 13:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:

Experienced players get their experience from running. I picked up all of my Dynamis knowledge by wiping with my shell, losing runs, getting owned and then progressing as a shell and building experience together; not by asking other people how it's done. There is an uncomparable difference between reading about something and doing it. The best way for you to pick up Dynamis experience is joining a shell. If they wipe, so what. Learn from it. That's how this game should be played.

As for drops, that comes with time. If you join a comparatively old linkshell, you might find yourself getting drops quicker than in a new shell. Most of the people in older shells have all of the drops they need and are only going after the really hard to get drops. In your case, that would be Duelist's Chapeau.

Another benifit is an older shell will have more experience and have more of a rapport build up with its members. This means you'll probably find more success in terms of wins and drops in an older shell.

And if you don't get drops, what's left is the enjoyment of Dynamis and working as a team. My shell's nearly three years old and I'm still loving every minute of Dynamis. You just can't beat the feeling of satisfaction knowing you've made someone's day.

If the game was stark new, I'd agree about experiencing. But today, I find that people will NOT give you the time of day if you do not know what you are doing. Applies everywhere, would you take a nub to nyzul when you're after drops? No, you would rather not. I ain't gunna be a nub >:(
[+]
 Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-10-30 13:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
If the game was stark new, I'd agree about experiencing. But today, I find that people will NOT give you the time of day if you do not know what you are doing. Applies everywhere, would you take a nub to nyzul when you're after drops? No, you would rather not. I ain't gunna be a nub >:(

If people won't give you the time of day if you do not have the knowledge already, its time to find new people to be around. And as to nubs on nyzul, ive gone to 20 runs on BLM, without any prior experience. It's a matter of how fast can someone learn, and how well can they remember what they are supposed to do.
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-10-30 13:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If a person isn't a "nub" as you say, then they should be able to quickly figure out what's going on. Ask questions if you have to.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-30 13:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:

Hate it when people read one part of a post and ignore the more pertinent part.

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
There is an uncomparable difference between reading about something and doing it. The best way for you to pick up Dynamis experience is joining a shell.

We're sharing our experience but ultimately you're still just reading about it. Join an LS, run with them, wipe with them, and learn.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-30 13:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... New to Dynamis and new to Nyzul are two different things anyway. :P

Dynamis is simple for most jobs.

Melee: /assist the person you're supposed to, hold tp on certain mobs, use ws stun on certain mobs, follow the group.

Blm: Nuke stats, sleepga II stuff, stun certain mobs, nuke PD/invinc or after stats die, stay alive.

Rdm: Silence pets / mage mobs, sleep stuff, grav mnks, heal people, nuke stats if you're bored.

etc. Most jobs have a list of 5-6 things to do maximum in Dynamis.

And, of course you'll pick up little things along the way like aspir being a great tool for anyone that has it.
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-10-30 13:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
There is an uncomparable difference between reading about something and doing it. The best way for you to pick up Dynamis experience is joining a shell.

When I started doing Nyzul, it sounded so complicated from what I read about it. Didn't turn out to be all that bad and I learned a lot more from just doing it.
[+]
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-10-30 13:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Simply ask around about a shell - the streets of Whitegate will talk.
They'll know if a shell fails or not.

Amazing idea. :o IN /sh obviously! Haha. Oh, the omgthatshellsososucks kind of wars will be sooo funny to watch.

Fairy.Tbest said:
In other words... If you clear all zones and don't get your relic, it was wasted time. :P

In other words.. Getting the title from clearing the zone every time without paying for a title change is enough for me. :P
Sylph.Otsego said:

Here's the scary part about BLM assisting with sleep, thats how it should be, but its not always the case. RDM nuking, at any point in dynamis should not happen, unless the win is achieved, and you just stick around to farm. Everyone does want something, as you said. Dynamis for me is just points and fun. I dont care if i get AF drops such as BLM hands or feet, I just do it because its fun to nuke charmed SAM's because they think its funny to kill a BLM.

Oh god, WHAT is with DDs and thinking omgpwning mages soo funny?!
I think it's repressed insecurity at how they know on pvp the mages will always win with nukesleep, and nukebind. ***.
[+]
 Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-10-30 13:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
Melee: /assist the person you're supposed to, hold tp on certain mobs, use ws stun on certain mobs, follow the group.
Blm: Nuke stats, sleepga II stuff, stun certain mobs, nuke PD/invinc or after stats die, stay alive.
Rdm: Silence pets / mage mobs, sleep stuff, grav mnks, heal people, nuke stats if you're bored. etc.
Most jobs have a list of 5-6 things to do maximum in Dynamis.
And, of course you'll pick up little things along the way like aspir being a great tool for anyone that has it.

That is about the majority of Dynamis. Not really difficult, just time-consuming.
[+]
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-10-30 14:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Remora.Belius said:

Hate it when people read one part of a post and ignore the more pertinent part.

Garuda.Wooooodum said:

We're sharing our experience but ultimately you're still just reading about it. Join an LS, run with them, wipe with them, and learn.

Nono. I read it all, just didn't want to repeat myself over and over with answers and reasons over why I prefer something over another when replying to other people.

:P I dislike death.
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-10-30 14:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:

Rdm: Silence pets / mage mobs, sleep stuff, grav mnks, heal people, nuke stats if you're bored.

etc. Most jobs have a list of 5-6 things to do maximum in Dynamis.

My shell cannot decide on a real role for me. Maybe I should change LS after all.
[+]
 Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-10-30 14:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
Oh god, WHAT is with DDs and thinking omgpwning mages soo funny?! I think it's repressed insecurity at how they know on pvp the mages will always win with nukesleep, and nukebind. ***.

The funny part was I was actually slept by one of our RDM, sadly it was my own brother. Melee know they do not stand a chance against a BLM in PvP. I could probably 1-shot most DD, even if they are /nin. Unless they are Galka :/ The SAM found it funny, but the next Beauc. we did, he ran from the charm mob cuz he knew I was going to kill him :D
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-30 14:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:

Then, quite franctly, Dynamis is not the event for you.
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-10-30 14:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Remora.Belius said:

Then, quite franctly, Dynamis is not the event for you.

Our RDMs don't die that much... then again, RDMs are pretty sturdy.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-30 14:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the only time a Rdm should ever die is when you have a full wipe, which shouldn't be often.
[+]
 Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-10-30 14:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
Yeah, the only time a Rdm should ever die is when you have a full wipe, which shouldn't be often.

I've seen RDM die because of BLM not sleeping stuff like they are supposed to. RDM should not have to die for lazy excuses of BLM just because they want to play nuke happy clowns. If a RDM dies for any reason other than a full wipe, it is either their fault because they screwed up, or its on the BLM because they were not paying attention.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-30 14:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Jobs aside, Dynamis is probably one of the events where deaths are more common. If you don't like dying, it's really not a good choice of an event.
[+]
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-10-30 14:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Otsego said:
Fairy.Tbest said:

I've seen RDM die because of BLM not sleeping stuff like they are supposed to. RDM should not have to die for lazy excuses of BLM just because they want to play nuke happy clowns. If a RDM dies for any reason other than a full wipe, it is either their fault because they screwed up, or its on the BLM because they were not paying attention.

Nodnod. What use is a dead-anyone anyway. Avoid I say! You should all dislike getting pwnt cause of other people screwing up!
[+]