Any Good Items On Dragon Quest X Collaboration?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » any good items on Dragon Quest X Collaboration?
any good items on Dragon Quest X Collaboration?
First Page 2
By Ninjaxtasy 2021-12-14 14:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

is it worth doing it?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-14 14:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

None of these events ever have anything game-alteringly powerful. Most of FFXI is intended to be "Have fun doing X, and you'll come across some kind of reward along the way".

Especially if you like the Dragon Quest games, there's a lot of adorable Slime-themed stuff. But no, I don't think any of it is going to fit in with an iLvL-119 set of gear.
 Fenrir.Velner
Server: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-12-14 14:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Slime hats and shields? If there were ever an event in XI worth doing, this is it!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-14 14:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
None of these events ever have anything game-alteringly powerful. Most of FFXI is intended to be "Have fun doing X, and you'll come across some kind of reward along the way".

Especially if you like the Dragon Quest games, there's a lot of adorable Slime-themed stuff. But no, I don't think any of it is going to fit in with an iLvL-119 set of gear.

Mostly true but don't forget about gimmick weapons like 1 damage daggers and all job gswords/polearms/great katanas

Which this event has none of, of course.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-12-14 14:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously the most important part is the mostrosity species and subspecies slimes

You guys do know that the slime species has friggin dragon quest sound effects in monstrosity? YEAH BOI

obligatory soundboard for nostalgia purposes: http://www.realmofdarkness.net/sb/dw/
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-14 14:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Thorgrimm 2021-12-15 05:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

No. These events are always very childish and give crap rewards.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-12-15 05:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it's worth it
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Zubis 2021-12-15 06:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thorgrimm said: »
No. These events are always very childish and give crap rewards.

[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-12-15 07:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

They are cosmetics, you know those things people pay $20 each for on other mmorpgs.
[+]
By Thorgrimm 2021-12-15 07:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, because as a middle-aged bloke I really want to look cute... Not. Useless inventory-clogging trash.
[+]
By Mattelot 2021-12-15 07:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
They are cosmetics, you know those things people pay $20 each for on other mmorpgs.

This type of thing cracks me up. Call me old, I don't care. People today obsess with aesthetics for games. When Fortnite was the big thing, the common belief was that if you did not have the newest skins, you were a "complete noob" but they came out with new stuff weekly. Kids begging their parents for money for this crap.

I'm perfectly fine with things like this where you can do a little event and earn something but when people start blowing money for it, I just understand. I cannot imagine the amount of money wasted in the past few years because of things like this.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Chaplin 2021-12-15 08:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Says someone has a crappy attitude then proceeds to berate them.

Where is Bill Engvall with his signs when you need him?
[+]
By Thorgrimm 2021-12-15 08:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Dominiick said: »
Well Thorgrimm has a crappy attitude! I'm glad SE does not take it's cue from players like him cause we would never have any events. Oh and Thorgrimm the whole trying to be overly manly and don't do cute bid, its ok man, you can come out of the closet!

It's okay, we all know you liked playing with dolls and prams as a child (and probably still do). I never said I was a macho man, just a typical bloke, and typical blokes have no interest in cute things. What the hell would I want to look cute for?

As for crappy attitude, maybe. I can guarantee though that these "events" hold little or no interest to more players than just me.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-12-15 08:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's worth doing! It has cute rewards that can be used as lock styles :) dragon quest games are great! I still need to play the one I've got on my switch haha.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-12-15 09:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a basic human desire to look different or special, if it wasn't everyone would be walking around in the same black clothes irl. Real life or video game world, makes no difference the same basic desire is there since other people can see you or your avatar.

On FFXI they offer you "free" ones linked to events or endgame content (glows on REMA are a prime example of a highly desired cosmetic), while on other games you gotta pay money to look different. The only difference is what kind of look you like on that avatar, cool, badass, goofy, cute, sexy whatever.

XI basically gives away a feature they could make a lot of money from for free, which is part of the reason the suits don't like XI and want to promote other games they run. XI is very much like Skyrim, made before the company making them knew what they were doing and how much money they were leaving on the table (future Elder scrolls games will be online only, bar modding and sell cosmetics I bet).

The problem I have with cash shops in games is it plays a part in the design process, so even if you don't buy cash shop outfits it impacts the look of the in-game armors from content. They make them look more samey, lower texture res and more bland to trigger peoples desire to buy some from the cash shop intentionally. The art director will be told by the producer to pick a less impressive armor design for raid rewards for example, or a modeler or texture artist that makes very desired work will be moved to the cash shop team. Which is why "just don't buy it" doesn't work, it impacts you regardless.

You see this very blatantly on WoW with mounts, the quality of ingame mounts now is atrocious and the quality of cash shop ones is amazing. The cash shop ended up ruining the core mounts.

Yeah, because as a middle-aged bloke I really want to look cute... Not. Useless inventory-clogging trash.

Different people see their characters in different ways, some see their character as them, some see it as the character they control. Also lots of people have alts, and they want more cosmetics on them.
[+]
By Mattelot 2021-12-15 09:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
the quality of ingame mounts now is atrocious and the quality of cash shop ones is amazing.

Not 100%. Invincible and Ashes of Al'ar are the two most desired mounts in the game and both are obtained in-game and not via cash shop.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-15 09:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's okay, we all know you liked playing with dolls and prams as a child (and probably still do). I never said I was a macho man, just a typical bloke, and typical blokes have no interest in cute things. What the hell would I want to look cute for?

As for crappy attitude, maybe. I can guarantee though that these "events" hold little or no interest to more players than just me.
There are different kinds of players out there. You're right that a good chunk of FFXI's playerbase probably doesn't give a crap about Lv.1 items cluttering up their inventory. But you have to understand that there are people who play the game not to "be the very best, like no one ever was", but for the collection aspect. Some people also really, really like Dragon Quest.

There are a lot of people who play FFXI as a game. They see the rewards as fun consolation trophies for the fun they had. They don't see the gameplay as an obstacle to climb over to get rewards. And they certainly don't see those rewards as ways to climb those hurdles faster. Some do.

My point is, if you're excited for the crossover event: great!
If you're not: just ignore it and keep grinding those REMAs!
No one should care how you're having fun.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Mattelot 2021-12-15 09:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I upvoted you for the Pokemon reference. Well played.

To be fair, I do see where Thorgrimm is coming from. He's not necessarily wrong either. He was merely stating his personal view on the question asked. While you are right that there are different kinds of people who play the game, some who use it as a "hey look at me" or "I have more AH points than you" or as date-a-dork, I feel the same as he does personally.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Mattelot 2021-12-15 10:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

@ sock puppet, I don't worry about what others do. Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Also, there was no complaint in my statement.

Bad troll is bad.
By GwenStacy 2021-12-15 16:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Dominiick said: »
Well Thorgrimm has a crappy attitude! I'm glad SE does not take it's cue from players like him cause we would never have any events. Oh and Thorgrimm the whole trying to be overly manly and don't do cute bid, its ok man, you can come out of the closet!

You guys can do whatever you want, but if you don't do it the way I want then *** you
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-12-15 16:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

thread makes me wonder if there are statistics that explain the growing market of ingame cosmetics. i have 2 theories:
1. it's more females invading the internet space, we all know females weakness for dust collecting trinkets irl. then again there are no women on the internets, just catfishes.

2. decline of the middle class, rising amount of ppl that don't see themselfs ever saving up enough money to buy for example a house so instead they spend it on micro transactions for micro sadisfactions (uncorrected typo for pun purposes).

however, not curious enough to make a google search and collect data to backup or disprove my theories.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-12-16 15:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a full grown bloke and am absolutely stoked to make my tarus even cuter. No shame.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-12-16 17:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

What about a woke bloke, who tokes and jokes?

*I accidentally got Steve Miller in my head now dammit*
[+]
By Thorgrimm 2021-12-17 04:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Velner said: »
I am a full grown bloke and am absolutely stoked to make my tarus even cuter. No shame.

Absolutely landed for you mate. Whatever floats your boat.
First Page 2