What's Good About FFXI.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What's good about FFXI.
What's good about FFXI.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
By Chaplin 2021-12-01 08:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Chaplin said: »
It’s too bad the only ones who care about streamers are 12 year olds.

Not sure if serious...if only "12 years olds" care about it, why would game companies pay tons of money to influencers to market their games?

It's obvious that influencers plays a big part when it comes to making money. This relevant to the point in this discussion.

Seriously, why even bring that up as a point?

I wasn't the one who brought up XIV population discussion. Someone else did. I simply just supported some points with data on the internet.

Let me rephrase. Only 12 year olds or adults with problems. Sounds rude but it’s true.

And whoever brought it up. That’s nothing to even be proud of.
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-01 08:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

llAKs0nll said: »
What do you mean by “archaic mechanics” exactly? The mechanics in FFXI exist in every single Final Fantasy game

None of the single player FF mechanics are nearly as complicated and unintuitive as FF11. Single player FF is known to have simple and easy to understood combat system IMO. I'd say FFXI is the outlier in the series.

When we need a spreadsheet, or python, to calculate optimal gear sets and write Lua to handle swapping 100s of gear sets in battles. It's hard to say such mechanic is not archaic mechanics tbh.

I don't ever recall having to use spreadsheets or python to build sets in any single player FF.

YES. They are. You navigate Menus in all Final Fantasy games for Spells and Abilities.

The addition of the concept of Formulas for WSD is obviously a NEW welcome concept to Final Fantasy. There’s more complexity to the game due to such. All while FFXIV absolutely gutted ALL the complexity out of the game.

FFXIV is nothing but an Arcade button masher via Timers.
There’s no Haste. There’s no Slow. There’s no Para. There’s no Stun. There’s nothing but Damage & Healing in 14.

It’s not Final Fantasy. The game doesn’t even deserve the Title of Final Fantasy when it’s blatantly obvious a World of Warcraft clone w/ generic no frills gameplay + Run Away from Red Line elements replacing Final Fantasy.

“Archaic” must mean “Sophisticated” since WoW is just as Old but w/ way less Depth just like 14 itself.
[+]
By kinkanat 2021-12-01 08:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry but I have never used a spreadsheet and I don't use LUA either, in fact LUA is a cheat, an illegal tool, so don't claim that you need things like LUA to enjoy FFXI because it's a lie.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By kinkanat 2021-12-01 08:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

With FFXIV SE has achieved what I was looking for years ago, a game that you add a paid story every so often, with extremely simple mechanics so the developers don't have to work hard.

With FFXIV SE has achieved the MCDonalds of the genre, that's fine because there is an audience for it and that's fine, what bothers me is to call that the best or say that because many people go to MCDonalds means that there is no audience for other types of restaurants.

That's the real problem with FFXIV and the audience that consumes it.

Another similar is girls who listen to Justin Bieber and say he's the best singer of all time, saying the Beatles are worse....

Post deleted by User.
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-01 08:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
Not that I want to get into this topic again but there is Paralyze, Slow, and Stun in the game for players to use. They just aren't called that outright.

I will say however that I am a bit sad that there is no elemental weaknesses on mobs. I don't enjoy playing BLM because of it.

What Abilities in 14 do such exactly? I don’t see any of such in 14. All combat looks identical tbh. If you seen one fight vs End Game content. You have seen them all.

I can upload a FFXIV vid of RDM soloing Odin which plays exactly like the last upload I shared. It’s nothing but running away from taking Damage nonstop while casting outside of Red Lines or Attacking from outside of such areas.

Just as I would HATE playing RDM in FFXIV since it’s NOT actually a RDM that exists in any other FF game. It’s a Job Title w/ Zero substance.

Might as just call RDM as Thaumaturge. That’s not Final Fantasy neither.
By Afania 2021-12-01 08:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if serious...if only "12 years olds" care about it, why would game companies pay tons of money to influencers to market their games?

It's obvious that influencers plays a big part when it comes to making money. This relevant to the point in this discussion.

I wasn't the one who brought up XIV population discussion. Someone else did. I simply just supported some points with data on the internet.

Let me rephrase. Only 12 year olds or adults with problems. Sounds rude but it’s true.

Personal opinion, lol. Game industry still revolves around influencers no matter how you hate it.

kinkanat said: »
Sorry but I have never used a spreadsheet and I don't use LUA either, in fact LUA is a cheat, an illegal tool, so don't claim that you need things like LUA to enjoy FFXI because it's a lie.

If you don't use spreadsheets/python to calculate optimal sets, then you either have to calculate by hand and waste a lot of time, or copy others set on forums who probably calculated optimal sets with math anyways.

Unless you are some kind of math genius that can see the correct optimal set with 0 calculation.

Either way FFXI mechanic is needlessly complicated no matter how you look at it.

Diminishing values, wtf is that? Haste caps? Pdif caps for different weapons? It's confusing as ***. Single player FF didn't have any of these overcomplicated rules.

I didn't say you need Lua to "enjoy" the game. I only say FFXI has way too many sets that needs to be handled if playing optimally, which makes gameplay not intuitive. You can still enjoy the game for any reason, you can even tell me you enjoy FFXI because you like to see tarus dancing.

Doesn't change how the mechanic is needlessly complicated. Certainly worse than any single player FF.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-01 09:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Stun: Brutal Swing
Leg Sweep
Shield Bash
Shoulder Tackle
Spineshatter Dive
Suppressive Fire
Booming Bellow
Firecracker Shower
Overcharge
Ravensbeak
Shriek
Slipstream

Slow:
Feint
Haymaker
Lethargy
Rancid Belch
Sticky Web
Bad Breath

Paralyze:
Cold Glare
High Voltage
Paralyze Potion
Bad Breath

Those ain’t even Spells is why? Those are just Added Effects of Attacks that do Damage?

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2021-12-01 09:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

See, normally I don't give a rats ***, but it's nice to not be alone sometimes.
By Chaplin 2021-12-01 09:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Personal opinion, lol. Game industry still revolves around influencers no matter how you hate it.

No it doesn’t. It revolves around the players. Games did just fine without those guys. You’re welcome to believe that if you want. I’ve seen some naive people give streamers credit for all kinds of things they had nothing to do with, so nothing new.
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-01 09:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigh, moving goal posts again? You said they weren't in the game not that they had to be only spells. Does this not get tiring? I literally never say this but its just a game, man. Play it or don't. It doesn't matter either way.

I’m not moving the Goal Post. If I have Additional Effect of Paralyze on Kikoku using Metsu. Does that concept replace actual Mages whom are used to Enfeeble?

FFXIV is nothing but Damage + Healing but w/ the added twist of Damage Attacks doing what Mages are supposed to do

Post deleted by User.
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-01 09:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well…… one person claimed FFXI as Archaic

Then I myself later came to the realization that Archaic must translate as meaning RDM casting Enfeebling and not just using Kikoku Para as an Additional Effect of Blade: Metsu since apparently Final Fantasy elements due exist in 14 but only as Additional Effects of Damage dealing Timers.
By RadialArcana 2021-12-01 09:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

llAKs0nll did you make your account just to sht stir? Cause you're going all out.

Lets stop talking about XIV in an XI thread, if you like it cool, if you don't that's cool too but we don't need to argue about it here.

If you want, make a specific thread about it.
[+]
By Afania 2021-12-01 09:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

No it doesn’t. It revolves around the players. Games did just fine without those guys. You’re welcome to believe that if you want. I’ve seen some naive people give streamers credit for all kinds of things they had nothing to do with, so nothing new.

Yeah, 20 years ago. As if tech industry would never change in 20 years.

https://digitalmarketinginstitute.com/blog/20-influencer-marketing-statistics-that-will-surprise-you

https://influencermarketinghub.com/influencer-rates/amp/

You are free to believe only 12 years old cares, and all the game developers who spend 1/3 of their development costs on marketing are wasting their money like morons.

I only believe in data. Unless you can provide marketing data that shows marketing without influencer is as effective, I'd view it as one person opinion and nothing more.
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-01 09:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
llAKs0nll did you make your account just to sht stir? Cause you're going all out.

Lets stop talking about XIV in an XI thread, if you like it cool, if you don't that's cool too but we don't need to argue about it here.

If you want, make a specific thread about it.

Based upon what other ‘Bleeding Edge’ Gameplay am I supposed to Judge FFXI by?
SimonSes said: »
Remastered FFXI Edition on PS5 and XsX

The problem with remaster is simple. Too risky to make it with archaic mechanics that FFXI is based on.
You tell me

“WoW is the Future of Sophisticated gameplay”

Meanwhile it’s just as old and archaic as FFXI itself is.
The rest is me trying to get to the bottom of what they even mean by “Archaic”
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-01 09:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Based upon what other ‘Bleeding Edge’ Gameplay am I supposed to Judge FFXI by?
Compare it to the common formula, but do it subjectively. This isn't a thread where we're saying "FFXI is better than XIV because of (blank)", this is a thread where we're saying "I play FFXI because I appreciate that it does (blank), instead of (blank)".

You can say that you prefer the gameplay of XI over the gameplay of XIV. You can't say that XIV's gameplay is trash.
By RadialArcana 2021-12-01 09:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

llAKs0nll make your own thread please, then we can opt into your trolling.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-12-01 09:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad we can agree on this. Him (and a couple others, but this dude in particular) are obvious socks made just to troll. I stopped replying to them quickly as a result.

The fact that they're the same guy who had to be told 5 times that they used the wrong link for their guildwork profile was pretty telling.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-01 09:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

By Mattelot 2021-12-01 09:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »

By the looks of it, it's people who can't agree to disagree, trolls calling other people trolls then liking their post with their mule(s), and Arby's is apparently the best.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-12-01 09:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I'm not even sure FFXI needs the story or other content updates so much as it could use a little bit of marketing.

Our free trial is only 14 days with almost nothing included, and concludes with the ultimatum: buy and subscribe or lose everything.

You can't even find XI on their own web site. Seriously, even looking for the free trial got me "Did you mean FFXIV Free Trial?"

Advertise that the game is better than it was 18 years ago. Advertise that the game is a very different experience than XIV. Maybe bring back the reduced subscription cost for having both active. Maybe allow players already involved in XIV to have a less-restrictive free trial.

I don't even think it would be that difficult or expensive. You've already won with both the Everquest and WoW formulas, so push the option onto players. I can only imagine how many people only play XIV because they just think it's their only option. I know a lot of people who just think XI is a "less good XIV", so educate them otherwise. In the survey asking why they're quitting, ask if they've ever tried XI, and explain what makes it such a different game.

That was the same page just nearer the top.
By Jetackuu 2021-12-01 09:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Glad we can agree on this. Him (and a couple others, but this dude in particular) are obvious socks made just to troll. I stopped replying to them quickly as a result.

The fact that they're the same guy who had to be told 5 times that they used the wrong link for their guildwork profile was pretty telling.

I just read what this is referencing and now I feel my brain melting.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Mattelot 2021-12-01 09:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
Arby's is apparently the best.
:D I'm glad you agree!

I love Arby's but too bad mine has this apparent problem with subbing buns. I love the melted cheddar but onions make me sick.
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-01 09:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Important; please open immediately:
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15