Forum » FFXI » General » error 4006
error 4006
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-12-18 12:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm only getting the error if I'm multiboxing. With the way SE has been messing with the chat data lately I'm gonna presume this is an issue with the Sandbox addon.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-18 12:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That really doesn't make any sense at all

Happy to see literally anyone give any information since no one is, but sandbox isn't gonna be where its at

The only stuff I know for sure;
Windower knows when a screen is inactive (controller settings), the majority of the 4006s happen when some amount of movement irregularity happens on an inactive screen. (fast following, easy farming with a run path, running faster than 0%) Windower seems to drop performance on secondary screens or something like that, I don't know exactly what's going on but it's clear there's a difference in active screen vs inactive screens that I can replicate on demand.

You can force a 4006 by pos warping "a lot" not once or twice, or just by cranking the speed up, but by jumping around a bunch in a short time frame. It will instantly 4006 if you do like 5 complete cross zone jumps.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2021-12-18 13:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Happy to see literally anyone give any information since no one is, but sandbox isn't gonna be where its at.

I will list everything I know as of this moment.
  • I use sandbox.

• Accounts currently online: 26

• Number of times I have got a 4006 Discconect to main screen: 33

• ToS breaking tools being used: Windower Only

• Speed percentage values when disconnected: 7.5 (Base 5.5)

• Number of times disconnected while running through town: 0

• Number of times discconected while in South Gustaberg: 24 (*Im not the Galka*)

• Number of times disconnected in Boyahda Tree: 9

A majority of my disconnects happened during small, spurts between attacking mobs to level/xp/cp/farm, not long distance runs. I have NEVER not ONCE been hit in a town. The determination of when I got hit and when the server determined to hit me could completely be from a long distance run, and I didn't get hit until fighting, 100% plausible. No way to know. I have an addon that auto-assist, engages, and keeps accounts in melee range while I play, also possible causes, but seem to not be the determining factor, as I have had 0 disconnects since removing speed boost. This is 100% speculation based on my personal experience.

There is also some outgoing information in the packets that could easily be used in how they determine some movement flaws/skips/jumps. How the server decides to determine any of that is completely speculation. Unless someone gains access to that some how, or they tell us I doubt we will know for sure.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-18 13:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So your main screen is eli, and you've got characters following you with a lua, and they're getting 4006'd as you go

No real pattern other than it's never the screen you're actively on/watching, which is what I see

Put on the fps counters and see if secondary screens fps drops by half. My only working assumption is background characters fps drops are lagging and causing movement irregularities. Which is triggering their new system.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2021-12-18 13:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't matter which screen for me. I can 4006 on Main, relog in, go to #2 Mule and he is 4006, ... 8 accounts do this. By time I get back to Elii after all relogged back in. Sometimes he is 4006'ed again by that time. Start all over again. No real rhyme or reason.

As for the lag/movement irregularities. It needs to be more specific. If it's a /follow movement issue, this is a common problem as you will just stop getting player information sometimes and it thinks there is indeed no new movement. If they lag/skip and jump, then this would be something they would need to work on as it would cause false triggers, and thus would lead to false bans. I really am not sure they plan to reintroduce a auto-ban. Seems more of a good way to fend off bots using movement speed.

I didn't test to see if having a movement buff changed it at all though.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-18 13:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't ever get it to happen on a screen I'm actively watching without doing it on purpose by posing all over the place.

If I jump from HP to Survival guide to HP to Survival Guide then run a few steps , that's the only way I can get it to happen while the screen is active.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2021-12-18 13:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't ever get it to happen on a screen I'm actively watching without doing it on purpose by posing all over the place.

Yeah someone the other day told me it is only long, consistent running. I think there are zone specific checks imo. I ran through markets at 80% from one end to the other 3 times, and waited for 2 hours. I did not get 4006.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-18 13:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Jump from HP1 to port entrance and back like 3 times, then walk a few steps, that should do it

Or set EF to run a path at with speedup and change the screen, it'll 4006 the faster you run the faster it crashes.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2021-12-18 13:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Jump from HP1 to port entrance and back like 3 times, then walk a few steps, that should do it

Or set EF to run a path at with speedup and change the screen, it'll 4006 the faster you run the faster it crashes.

Some of those tools can really cause some odd behaviors the way they do pathing so that does not surprise me in the least.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2021-12-18 13:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

in my limited experience with 4006 since iv been back, iv noticed that anything above 12.5% on tako will trigger it. 12.5% or below and iv been solid for days on EF with main focus on firefox.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-18 13:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, they use different movement than in game, but the important part is only happening when the screen isn't active.

You run EF at any speed and watch it (active screen), no 4006
You run EF at any speed and change screens, it'll crash. (eventually) 12.5% takes 2 hours of never coming back, so an entire movie + browsing. If you constantly come back every hour and make that screen active for a few seconds it won't crash.

it's not just with ef, it's just the easiest way to replicate moving with a screen inactive any lua that follows should do the same
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2021-12-18 13:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

yea dunno, before at 25% I was 4006'ing every 30min, dropped to 12.5 and been fine. also running several other bots aswell in unison

I leave unattended for 15+hrs usually
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-18 13:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't run more than one (per pc) anymore, any out of focus screen even at 0% will 4006 (eventually, can't do overnight)

Unless you have them standing in place and pulling with a ranged weapon/magic. That's not moving around so that works.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2021-12-18 14:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

doubt its related but ffxi/addons/or one of my bots is causing a massive memory leak and bsod'n my pc after 24ish hrs of running. so thats annoying.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2021-12-22 04:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
yea dunno, before at 25% I was 4006'ing every 30min, dropped to 12.5 and been fine. also running several other bots aswell in unison

only in 2021... Probably stop botting? Listing all those accomplishments on your profile like it means something today, when 6 boxing and using every bot under the sun lol. The game world we're in today.
[+]
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2021-12-22 12:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So, for clarity, you can't multi-box anymore? I don't use clipper or whatever it is called, but I do multi-box. I only have 1 account live atm, but if you can't play multiple without d'cing, that kills it for me lol
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-22 12:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Not enough information.

You can definitely still multi with no issue. But you could have issues. It's mostly a minor annoyance.
By Masunasu 2021-12-22 12:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Skyekitty said: »
So, for clarity, you can't multi-box anymore? I don't use clipper or whatever it is called, but I do multi-box. I only have 1 account live atm, but if you can't play multiple without d'cing, that kills it for me lol

You can. I multi-box and have not seen this a single time. Don't use speed enhancement and don't use farm bots. All of this could have gotten you banned before anyways. I'm guessing use of send and others is still enough to get you "points" towards triggering the error or something, but I'm assuming this is offset when I take a break.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-22 12:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It does seem to be a metertype thing where zoning resets it but there just isn't enough people inputting.
By Draylo 2021-12-22 18:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I have not gotten it once. I don't bot or speed hack though or stay in a zone too long, so I guess the parameters have not been hit yet. I do multi-box but don't heavily rely on send or fast follow either.
By RadialArcana 2021-12-22 18:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I 5-6 box and never had it once.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-22 18:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you do everything without send fastfollow and stay below 12/18% runspeed it should never happen.

The couple saying they got it while afk/not cheating it just isn't repeatable. You (I) have to actively cause it.
By Hopalong 2021-12-22 22:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, they could be checking macro lines or they could be using a program to monitor inputs from one ip address/computer and when there's a split.. = error.

Sounds like they got y'alls number down pat. (edit: not important)
By Typongtive 2021-12-23 05:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Never got it with my alt either.
By DaneBlood 2021-12-23 12:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Skyekitty said: »

You can multibox fine no issues
you can't pos/speed cheat
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Duskbane
user: Pepino
By Asura.Duskbane 2022-01-31 13:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »

I know this is old but Chaostaru has not been seen for a while, possible ban?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-31 13:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The absolute state of blueballs where you can never know. Infuriating.

But I doubt it, only came back for the free play.
 Asura.Iamarealgirl
user: Latravant
By Asura.Iamarealgirl 2022-02-25 06:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

just for input. i 6 box, and it only happened while using tako. 5 of my characters were in assault 1 was in aht urghan. only the aht urghan didnt get booted. so i'd have to say its tako.