Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-10-18 05:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Which is why I said ask the only person who has an answer about what the intended purpose is. But naw, can't be bothered.
Look it's not like we are BFFs or Homies. I rather not waste their time trying to figure out a new error code. More then likely my question would get ignored especially if it is related to addon/bot usage. I rather leave it open to exploits/major bug reporting so it'll be taken srsly.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-18 06:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Two nights in a row no 4006's. Looks like it broke itself when it sent me to the character select screen without the error.

Everyone that seems to be getting it is multiboxing and has tako set to nonzero. Maybe it's something tracking position and desyncing because there is more than one account. (oversimplified)

No clue why it would only happen to me once per day though and then stop doing it for 48 hours. None of it makes sense.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-10-18 07:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like just about everyone who's been getting it is using fastfollow, speed tools, or both. Is anyone who's d/ced not using either of those?
By Starbucks 2021-10-18 07:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

People being booted for speed hacking, still glad I took movement ring from Adoulin
[+]
 Odin.Dessii
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dessii 2021-10-18 08:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I multibox but i dont use any kind of speed hack or tako and I'm still getting kicked to selection screen, i have seem both the codes, i just wasnt keeping track but definitely not just people using speed hack, also i do not use fast follow.
By Draylo 2021-10-18 09:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The spaghettis code back firing. Typical SE fashion they probably used a nuke to kill the ant hill to get rid of the ants. Probably some addon that we don't know which, is causing their system to flag and boot people. I would be very careful using most sketchy stuff until this is figured out somehow or explained by SE.
By RadialArcana 2021-10-18 09:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I multibox and I haven't had this error once, I don't use FF.
By Draylo 2021-10-18 09:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Same here, multi box, no fastfollow and have not gotten it yet either
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-18 17:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I submitted a tech support ticket previously, and finally got an answer. A *** answer. But here it is.

Sure, "interference with the game data" sounds like a "real" "non-answer" answer. But is of little practical value.
By flyingtaru 2021-10-18 17:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems my issue was FF and/or PT.

After trying other things - I disabled FF and PT. After that, I had not had the kick to title screen 4006 issue. Once I loaded PT I was kicked soon after. So it's either the options with it or PT itself. I tried P as alternative with no extras checked and haven't been kicked.
By Manque 2021-10-18 23:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Eiryl beat me to it, but I also asked JP support. They recommended same things.

●Reboot your router. Wait 30mins-1hr.
●Update router firmware.
●Confirm the settings of your security software/operating system firewall.
●Confirm the security service used by your provider. Confirm if your ISP blocks games or is having system difficulties.
●Stop other applications running at the same time.
●Use a wired connection instead of wireless.無線(無線LANアクセスポイ
●Confirm your router's settings (SPI, etc.). Ensure the below ports are open:

▼Playonline ports:
 ・TCP 25,80,110,443 および 50000~65535
 ・UDP 50000~65535

▼Windows Ports:
 ・TCP 1024~65535
 ・UDP 50000~65535

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-19 08:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I replied to the tech support "answer" and of no surprise, they just doubled down.

Quote:
We apologize for the inconvenience you have been encountering, and will take the information you provided as feedback. Unfortunately, that error message does have to do with connection issues and game data interference. at times, the ISP might have some updates as well or maintenance where certain ports are blocked.

Please ensure that Client for Microsoft Networks is installed in your Windows network properties. If it is installed, you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Check the following Port Ranges on your router/modem to ensure that the following Port Ranges have been opened/forwarded/triggered:

TCP: 25, 80, 110, 443 and 50000 - 65535
UDP: 53 and 50000 - 65535

But I only got 4006'd under (apparently?) specific conditions and now I haven't seen one in 3 days, so, hell if know anymore.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By flyingtaru 2021-10-20 23:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

the thing about ports and such, no they don't just change it or it would break folks all the time and would not be 'random'.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-20 23:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, like I'm not going to google how ports work and I'm not going to pretend like I have a clue, but if it were a port/data type thing it wouldn't be causing disconnects the way it is. It would be more consistent. Not to mention it would hit all accounts on the same pc at the same time. I assume anyway.

Unless it were something very specific.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-10-21 08:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the same generic disconnection advice they've been giving for over 15 years, copy pasted. I wouldn't give it any second thought, this is clearly related to some kind of third party program use.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-10-21 08:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If I were trying to implement a new or modified autobanner without resources to test, using a harmless consequence would be a pretty good way to run it on the general populace. They get to see how many people it would hit, how many times each person would get hit, investigate false positives, etc. Then maybe next month they pull the lever and it has actual consequences.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-21 08:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, the test results are erratic at best, and essentially zero people encountered it. and now it's stopped working.

10 ish people, out of the 100 that post of the 20k that play, and absolutely zero jp.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-10-21 08:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It hasn't stopped, other people have reported getting hit by it in huge amounts on windower and elitemmo discords. The game may be full of cheaters, but it's still a statistic impossibility that the only people reporting getting hit are using speed or botting and JP haven't mentioned it at all.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-21 08:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well based on possible parameters, you would think the galka/elv armies are prime subjects. takoing, botting, multiboxing. Check check and check.

Completely unaffected. (as far as I've noticed) Granted, the "effect" is disconnecting for 5 whole seconds if they're watching the screen and would be hard to see happen.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-10-21 08:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, that's the weirdest thing about it for sure. But, if it required a certain amount of hours to trigger, they might not hit that threshold since they change chars every ~4hrs.
By Draylo 2021-10-21 08:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Stopped according to whom? Just the fact its a new error code is p suspicious. SE has shown to get heavy handed with the hammer after major exploits. Probably something to do with their pride. One exploit was just unearthed recently after years, seems to line up. Of course nobody has proof either way. But it seems most likely some addons or program tripping things up given what people are reporting. Seems only one person claims to not use fast follow or tako, but they were multiboxing. I dont know a single multiboxer that doesnt use all the bells and whistles past two accounts so not sure I believe him too much.

Definitely would still advise caution if theres a pattern.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-21 08:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what we're trying to find is a pattern, but the info is scant and the posters are next to non existant.

And "it's stopped" ... "happening to me" I'm my only source of data, after all. lol.
By RadialArcana 2021-10-21 09:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

They do seem to want to address the enhanced speed bots in starter areas, but they maybe want to gauge what kind of tools people are using first so they don't ban masses of real players. Far safer to log these errors from stuff you can detect first and see what kinds of numbers you get, then maybe they will tweak it later and change this new error into a ban code instead.

I would be careful with Fast follow for a while since it may very well act like a bot to the server.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-10-22 04:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

EliteMMO seems convinced that this is stage 1 of a new anti-cheat effort.
By Starbucks 2021-10-22 06:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems obvious they want to prevent hacking but without banning players and losing money. Shame Ejin didn't get this leniency.