RIP My Best Friend.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » RIP My Best friend.
RIP My Best friend.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2021-10-04 12:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I felt like... for the people that know him or still visit these forums that may not play anymore I should share this. I really want those who knew and loved him to know, and be able to share with us.

I just wanted to take a second to share some news about one of Lakshmi's best. For anyone who knows Kanobrown; Him, Thegreatskeet, and I have known each other damn near 20+ years. We started as like the gimpest of gimps in Valkrum Dunes way back in the day. We pushed each other to play, have fun, and damn near found any reason to get on FFXI and screw off. We built a Linkshell that lasted for over 10+ years, and we met tons of amazing people. There is more than just Skeet and I who were close to him. There was a lot of people that were friends with Kano from Garuda, up until the current Lakshmi.

I remember a time when he called me on Teamspeak pretending to be God with a voice synthesizer and my Mother overheard him yelling on my PC as she walked by. They went on to converse for hours as we all laughed wondering who this person was.

For anyone who knew or was close to Kano, it hurts to have to say, but on September 3rd he passed away. And even though he passed, I know everyone here who met him will remember him; you couldn't forget if you knew him. He was a great guy, and a great friend.

On that note, I am starting this and a thread on Discord where anyone, and everyone, is welcome to post adventures of Kano and themselves.

Please, please share if you have something.

Discord Invite for friends who want to come share photos and adventures with Kano.

I feel I don't need to mention, but just for the sake of it. Any beefs, or hard feelings with any people; cast those aside and just come share some of the things we loved as we were younger. This game has brought so many people together, and this one hits pretty close to home for me. Thanks everyone.
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-10-04 12:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't know them but sorry for you losses and my condolences.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-10-04 12:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Seemed like a nice guy from the forum posts, condolences on your loss.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2021-10-04 12:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

My condolences.
O'nen'ko'wa ki'wahi skennen'sahsontiio'hak.
[+]
By ksoze 2021-10-04 13:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

***man... My Condolences

Thanks for sharing your story.

Im sure he'd thank you for doing this to let people remember him.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2021-10-04 13:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »
***man... My Condolences

Thanks for sharing your story.
Im sure he'd thank you for doing this to let people remember him.
Thanks, yeah I know for certain he would do the same for me.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2021-10-04 13:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really sad to hear about Kano's passing, but thank you for sharing the news. I've seen a lot of RIP threads on the forums over the years and they usually make me a little sad hearing about the person who passed away, but this is the first time I actually knew of the person in game.

I didn't know Kano super well, but we did do some VW's together back in the day and even before then, Kano and I would always wave to each other when we saw each other or he would cheer or salute me, no matter if we saw each other multiple times in the same week or if it's been a few years in between seeing each other. I even remember buying an HQ shuriken from him on the AH and he sent me a message on here saying I could have just asked for one and that he would send me my gil back. I thanked him for the offer, but I told him it was ok and that I was thankful he charged a reasonable price, even though he thought it was kind of high (it was probably 1/5 or 1/10 the price on our server as it was on Asura at the time, so it was definitely reasonable).

He was probably the nicest person I've ever met in the game besides the friends that I've made from my LSes and I just wish I would have gotten to know him better. It's very sad to know I'll never see him again in game. Definitely not the way I wanted to start the work week off.

Thanks again for sharing the news and I'm sorry for your loss to everyone who was really close to Kano. I appreciated your kindness Kano and RIP man.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-10-04 14:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Kano was the type of guy who’d log in and immediately ask you if you needed help with anything. One of the most selfless individuals I’ve come across on this game. Our linkshell delayed an Aeonic run over the summer just so that Kano could attend when he was finally free to play again. That just goes to show how appreciated and well liked he was, 17 other people had no objection to waiting on this one dude.

Rest easy BP <3
[+]
By Rips 2021-10-04 14:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn. RIP.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-10-04 15:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Elidyr NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ; ; OMG I was wondering why he hasn't been online in so long!!!! I have so many screenshots of us together leveling and messing around :(

The last we played together, we did Aeonics at the end of August, he dressed up as a little sheep and was making me laugh. Nonononono ; ;

I am really in disbelief right now. Kano was one of the most helpful people around. He easily lent Khai back in the day the currency to finish his relic when others shunned us. Kano was such a caring soul. RIP my dear friend :((
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2021-10-04 15:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cesil said: »
Elidyr NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ; ; OMG I was wondering why he hasn't been online in so long!!!! I have so many screenshots of us together leveling and messing around :(

The last we played together, we did Aeonics at the end of August, he dressed up as a little sheep and was making me laugh. Nonononono ; ;

I am really in disbelief right now. Kano was one of the most helpful people around. He easily lent Khai back in the day the currency to finish his relic when others shunned us. Kano was such a caring soul. RIP my dear friend :((

So true! Please if you could, swing by the discord and share some photos if you would. I want all of his friends to be able to look back on how he made everyone around him feel. All the jokes, comedy and laughs we had. It would not have been the same on our server without him.

Link is in OP, and if it is not working please le me know!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-10-04 15:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Lakshmi.Cesil said: »

So true! Please if you could, swing by the discord and share some photos if you would. I want all of his friends to be able to look back on how he made everyone around him feel. All the jokes, comedy and laughs we had. It would not have been the same on our server without him.

Link is in OP, and if it is not working please le me know!

I sent you a PM if you can check it Eli when you get the chance..;;

And yes that is a great idea, I'll try going through the screenshots I have, but right now I am just beside myself, it's really hard :( I keep opening them and crying >.<

I have tons of us leveling and doing the silly stuff we all always did. It's odd too because I did send them to him not that long ago, probably only a month ago! and when we came back in Feb/March and he told us about his new name and the story behind it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-10-04 15:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Kano was one of the ones that got me back on my feet when I came back to the game in April 2018. :(
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2021-10-04 16:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry for your loss guys
[+]
 Lakshmi.Finuve
user: Finuve
By Lakshmi.Finuve 2021-10-04 16:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've known Kano for at least 17 years. We've done everything this game has to offer together, but mroe than that we discussed work, life, and whatever else you could imagine someone you were close to talking about.

Kano knew me when I was just a punk kid trying to figure life out. Talked IT career and job hunting, helped me get started into adult life, all through the chatbox of a *** video game, him and Eli were the first people to help me expand my love of tech.

Just last year he was celebrating my promotion into management.

I'm *** broken right now...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-10-04 16:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Finuve said: »
I've known Kano for at least 17 years. We've done everything this game has to offer together, but mroe than that we discussed work, life, and whatever else you could imagine someone you were close to talking about.

Kano knew me when I was just a punk kid trying to figure life out. Talked IT career and job hunting, helped me get started into adult life, all through the chatbox of a *** video game, him and Eli were the first people to help me expand my love of tech.

Just last year he was celebrating my promotion into management.

I'm *** broken right now...

I remember these days ; ; me, you kano doing exp PT and talking about life and stuff, I can still see us exping together in crawlers nest. We are so lucky to have known Kano, he was truly a kind soul.

/hugs ; ;

and yeah same, just sitting here in disbelief...
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-10-04 17:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry dudes
[+]
By Velebont 2021-10-04 17:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Rest in piece Kano. Words cannot express how empty losing a friend like you feels. I will always remember bratwurst grilling and watching dune with brownies with you buddy. A great leader and one of the best dudes i've had the pleasure of knowing
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-10-04 17:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP Kano. We interacted many times over the years and you were always pleasant. Sorry to hear another Garudan has passed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stepth
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2021-10-04 17:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I never interacted with him personally, but his was a regular name around the server. Saddened to hear of his passing.

May he Rest In Peace.
[+]
 Asura.Nebohh
Server: Asura
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2021-10-04 17:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember Kano all the way back from Garuda. He prolly never knew it but he had an impact on my character back then as well. He will be missed. RIP buddy.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Khyal
user: kelman66
By Lakshmi.Khyal 2021-10-04 21:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP Kano
You will be missed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-04 21:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

:(
[+]
 Sylph.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Sylph
user: Vyrerus
By Sylph.Vyre 2021-10-04 23:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Rest in peace. Sounds like he was a wonderful soul.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-10-08 20:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Found a picture of the last day we all got to play with Kano :(

We will never forget you Kano, you'll always be in my heart...
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [58 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Youngcleezie
By Lakshmi.Youngcleezie 2021-12-05 16:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

To Kano! And all our fallen friends.
[+]