Voracious Resurgence SPOILER Edition
 Asura.Essylt
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-06-14 06:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Heck said: »
I think ambuscade weapons are as much of an "Ultimate" weapon they are willing to add to the game anymore.

The current development strategy for XI is all about maximizing the amount of time that players are engaged with a piece of content vs effort spent by the dev team. And from that perspective, adding more ultimate weapons makes a lot of sense, so I fully expect that to happen within the next year or 2.

Ambuscade weapons were a step in that direction, but I don't believe that bonanza weapons will show up anywhere else.
By Heck 2021-06-14 08:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
Heck said: »
I think ambuscade weapons are as much of an "Ultimate" weapon they are willing to add to the game anymore.

The current development strategy for XI is all about maximizing the amount of time that players are engaged with a piece of content vs effort spent by the dev team. And from that perspective, adding more ultimate weapons makes a lot of sense, so I fully expect that to happen within the next year or 2.

Ambuscade weapons were a step in that direction, but I don't believe that bonanza weapons will show up anywhere else.

Would be unfortunate seeing as a lot of those weapons are good/unique. If anything it might be that they are just going to give you a 'choose 1 option' for them at at the end of voracious.
 Valefor.Heabea
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Heabea
By Valefor.Heabea 2021-06-14 09:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

waffle said: »
I might be remembering wrong, but isn't Ra'Kaznar, the gateway to Tartarus? We never went through to Tartarus of course, but I seem to recall that.
As for Alex and Odin, they represent Light and Dark as elements. Not as good and evil. Though Odin is always questionable, in particular since the Kindred answer to him.

I would question whether Odin has a relation to the Kindred in order to create hard times to create stronger mortals to be his Einharjar. Even in mythology Odin has very extreme methods, it would surprise me he would allow the whole crystal war as a way to get more einharjar for ragnarok.