Voracious Resurgence SPOILER Edition
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-06-28 20:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Campaign generals recover in a few hours or so after their defeat.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-06-28 21:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ah tysm! I shall deal with that later then =D
[+]
 Valefor.Issacxx
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Issacxx 2022-06-28 22:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I ended up waiting in town until I saw Red Rose dispatched and I went there and waited til the start. It was, as mentioned, Vunkrel and after waiting about 40 minutes for the start, fought about 12 orcs and it ended. Was able to rush to the Egg Discovery spot and get the CS's and battle. Just a very annoying process.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-29 08:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah totally not a good system choice to lock a cs with unless they reinstitute campaign...to give exemplar points...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Avee
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: avee
By Quetzalcoatl.Avee 2022-06-30 08:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone got any tips on the 7-2 fight?
[+]
 Asura.Yottaxa
Server: Asura
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-06-30 09:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Avee said: »

Burn him fast if solo. Fairly easy fight with trusts on Sam. Would assume sb spam would also be viable in similar solo setup.

Sam with trusts ygnas / monb / qult / sylv / ulm
Open with 3000 tp and 4 step light and spam fudo’s with remaining hps. Engaged in full dt (nyame) to mitigate his nuke damage and rely on meditate for tp through 4 step. Could prolly burn 1hrs too, havent needed to helping peeps.

Otherwise party up and follow similar - just burn him fast with dd.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Avee
By Quetzalcoatl.Avee 2022-06-30 09:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks sadly I don't SAM... tried it with my RDM twice got down to 10% both times.... but silence wears and it's game over. Might try blue and self skill chain on him....

Thank you for the tips though... I really should use SAM
[+]
 Shiva.Mutih
Server: Shiva
user: mutih
By Shiva.Mutih 2022-06-30 10:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks sadly I don't SAM... tried it with my RDM twice got down to 10% both times.... but silence wears and it's game over. Might try blue and self skill chain on him....

Thank you for the tips though... I really should use SAM

If you're fighting on RDM put up paralyze and addle 2 as well, will help interrupting casts if silence wears (Saboteur as well!). Zeid 2 trust will stun quite reliably. If you go BLU can also silence with Silent Storm and use Sudden Lunge to help stun w/ Zeid 2. Whatever Malignance pieces you have will go a long way, the whole set can be essentially full-timed on RDM thanks to Temper
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Avee
By Quetzalcoatl.Avee 2022-06-30 10:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a full set of Malignance gear. Been working a lot of getting gear for my RDM.

I didn't think about using Zeid 2.... I will try that.

Thank you for the tips/info!
[+]
 Asura.Zutang
user: zingus
By Asura.Zutang 2022-07-05 20:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question and I am not sure if this is the correct thread. I am doing 5-5 right now where you have to kill Qiqirns in Alzadaal to pop the boss. I have run around the map multiple times without boss popping. Am I supposed to have thunder club equipped? Or am I just getting unlucky?
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-07-05 22:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zutang said: »
I have a question and I am not sure if this is the correct thread. I am doing 5-5 right now where you have to kill Qiqirns in Alzadaal to pop the boss. I have run around the map multiple times without boss popping. Am I supposed to have thunder club equipped? Or am I just getting unlucky?

Unlucky. You do not need the Thunder Hammer equipped. It took me over 10 qiqirns to get it to pop.
[+]
By Manque 2022-07-06 01:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Completed this yesterday on BLU/WAR old 75 maat fight style. My approach:
- Food: Miso Ramen +1, Items: Icarus Wing, Echos, Remedy
- Trusts: Apu, ArkEV, Joachim, Qultada, KoruMoru
- Set embalming earth and zephyr mantle
- Built TP on trash first, buffed with mighty guard and nature meditation with zephyr mantle, popped, savage, wing, savage, azure lore, self sc light, kept up zephyr mantle half the time, popped in 2-3 sanguines, and savaged my way down. I tried to sudden lunge stun impact and tier VI nukes or in between the mob’s sc to disrupt it but not 100% sure if my stuns landed.

Other notes:
- tried to dispel protect/shell because it was annoying with blank gaze but it never worked so gave up on that strat
- if it survives long enough to cure vi a couple of times it’s pretty hard; slow is also a killer
[+]
By Musashi232 2022-07-06 09:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Manque said: »

Completed this yesterday on BLU/WAR old 75 maat fight style. My approach:
- Food: Miso Ramen +1, Items: Icarus Wing, Echos, Remedy
- Trusts: Apu, ArkEV, Joachim, Qultada, KoruMoru
- Set embalming earth and zephyr mantle
- Built TP on trash first, buffed with mighty guard and nature meditation with zephyr mantle, popped, savage, wing, savage, azure lore, self sc light, kept up zephyr mantle half the time, popped in 2-3 sanguines, and savaged my way down. I tried to sudden lunge stun impact and tier VI nukes or in between the mob’s sc to disrupt it but not 100% sure if my stuns landed.

Other notes:
- tried to dispel protect/shell because it was annoying with blank gaze but it never worked so gave up on that strat
- if it survives long enough to cure vi a couple of times it’s pretty hard; slow is also a killer
i did not know u had to auto attack kill it i had to sc last 40% lol.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-06 09:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That's 8-1, not 7-2.
[+]
 Sylph.Ketsui
Server: Sylph
user: Lutia
By Sylph.Ketsui 2022-07-07 02:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone else turn around and smash Zhuu Buxu the Silent's face after he tells you "You will find the egg... or this will be the last time we meet."?
[+]
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-07-14 19:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So the NPC for 8-3 is currently sat in Vunkerl doing nothing, there is no campaign on, no beastmen attacking - is there anything I can do to speed her *** off back home up?
[+]
By Thunderjet 2022-07-15 04:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »
So the NPC for 8-3 is currently sat in Vunkerl doing nothing, there is no campaign on, no beastmen attacking - is there anything I can do to speed her *** off back home up?

i had the same issue i waited a lil bit than i saw some Orcs coming up killed them and warped. just wait for it i know it sucks there should be orcs after the bridge there is also a guy that is botting Campaign i noticed while doing campaign points so it should be good just wait 15-30 mins in vunkerl
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zutang
Server: Lakshmi
user: zingus
By Lakshmi.Zutang 2022-07-15 19:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Unlucky. You do not need the Thunder Hammer equipped. It took me over 10 qiqirns to get it to pop.

I ended up getting on first mob next time I tried. I swear this game sometimes.../facepalm
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-08-10 06:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone remember the position of the Velk village in Marjami Ravine with a big throne in it? I remember the village vaguely, but don't remember where it is? I think I need to go there for a CS.
[+]
By Gokulo 2022-08-10 07:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Anyone remember the position of the Velk village in Marjami Ravine with a big throne in it? I remember the village vaguely, but don't remember where it is? I think I need to go there for a CS.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/The_Voracious_Resurgence_Mission_9-1
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-08-10 07:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Gokulo said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/The_Voracious_Resurgence_Mission_9-1

That wasn't there when I posted this lol, it still said "Coming Soon..." But thank you. :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
Server: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-08-10 07:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

How many more times do we have to fight Shadow Lord!?!?!?
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2022-08-10 07:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Siren.Gwynplaine
Server: Siren
By Siren.Gwynplaine 2022-08-10 13:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

These two missions were pretty easy. I'm always glad for any excuse to go to Marjami since it's so underused.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-08-10 19:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zutang said: »

I went over 500 kills and jack ***popped for me. LS mate came out and popped it in a couple kills.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
By Sakinah79 2022-09-13 06:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Completing this month's missions will net you 10k Gallimaufry. Also, Prime Weapon for ninja drains mp. I'm guessing the others do the same.

Second also, the mysterious long sword wielder from Siren's quest makes another appearance.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Arakon
Server: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-09-13 06:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sakinah79 said: »
Completing this month's missions will net you 10k Gallimaufry. Also, Prime Weapon for ninja drains mp. I'm guessing the others do the same.

Second also, the mysterious long sword wielder from Siren's quest makes another appearance.

Are you sure the 10K Gallimaufry is not the compensation from Sortie this month?

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/59917?p=647044&viewfull=1#post647044
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-09-13 11:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That's Duskraven, Arciela's & Ygnas' father.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-09-13 12:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

Second also, the mysterious Greatsword wielder from Siren's quest makes another appearance.

That's Duskraven, Arciela's & Ygnas' father.

Interesting further reading, at the very bottom:
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Duskraven

Did 9-3 explain this?
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-09-13 12:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sort of. Apparently he and his group came across the Liber Daemonium in the jungle and tried to use it. ***went sideways because the book does whatever the *** it wants or some silliness. There's no direct explanation for Duskraven's presence in the Middle Lands. You can imagine he was corrupted and warped through time/space to the other continent. The story is told by Skokkr who likely doesn't know all the details.
[+]