Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-12-12 12:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
*** wats lol

your troll skills need work.

I'm not sure what a "wats" is but if you're referring to me, I assure you we've scrapped the project. In fact, here is the open source coding we'd been working on before we called it quits. Feel free to have a go at it yourself:

https://github.com/Guildwork/teamFFXIAH/NewUpdates2021
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
Server: Asura
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-12-12 15:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
As I thought Scragg messaged us yesterday and will not be around till after Christmas, maybe the New Year. He is busy with holiday stuff.

Also Lakshmi.Watusa isn't helping with any testing/dev work and should be taken with less then a grain of salt on information.
Oh okay, I thought Watusa was being serious when he said that about GW, nevermind lol I'll take him off the thank you list. =P It's all good about Scragg I'm just glad most of GW and FFXIAH seems to be functioning again.

The only issues I'm still running into is the regular job levels and possibly Assaults, but I'm not sure if Assaults are linked to GW or something else. I just wanted to make awareness on those in case they got over looked by the team.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-12-13 01:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiehna said: »
As I thought Scragg messaged us yesterday and will not be around till after Christmas, maybe the New Year. He is busy with holiday stuff.

Also Lakshmi.Watusa isn't helping with any testing/dev work and should be taken with less then a grain of salt on information.
Oh okay, I thought Watusa was being serious when he said that about GW, nevermind lol I'll take him off the thank you list. =P It's all good about Scragg I'm just glad most of GW and FFXIAH seems to be functioning again.

The only issues I'm still running into is the regular job levels and possibly Assaults, but I'm not sure if Assaults are linked to GW or something else. I just wanted to make awareness on those in case they got over looked by the team.
It IMO was top leve trolling, so I didn't correct it till Scragg happened to let us know he'd be away officially.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-12-13 15:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It IMO was top leve trolling, so I didn't correct it till Scragg happened to let us know he'd be away officially.
Lol yep it sure was, he definitely pulled a fast one on some of us. xD Looking forward to the great work from Scragg and the rest of you guys on the GW dev team when he returns! =D

Btw I'm guessing you probably know where each of the categories on FFXIAH get their updating sources from? Are Assaults sourced from Guildwork or was that like from the old linkshell community beta? They aren't really story missions so I would assume it would of been pulled from GW instead like how Atma and Abyssite are.

I'm still trying to figure out why my Assaults are blank on here even though I cleared em years ago in game. Unless that might need fixed as well from GW.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-12-13 15:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol yep it sure was, he definitely pulled a fast one on some of us. xD Looking forward to the great work from Scragg and the rest of you guys on the GW dev team when he returns! =D

Btw I'm guessing you probably know where each of the categories on FFXIAH get their updating sources from? Are Assaults sourced from Guildwork or was that like from the old linkshell community beta? They aren't really story missions so I would assume it would of been pulled from GW instead like how Atma and Abyssite are.

I'm still trying to figure out why my Assaults are blank on here even though I cleared em years ago in game. Unless that might need fixed as well from GW.
Assaults on FFXIAH are just something you checkmark the boxes yourself in your profile information

Same with the voidwatch section
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-12-13 15:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Assaults on FFXIAH are just something you checkmark the boxes yourself in your profile information

Hmm see the weird thing about that is when I go under the Assault section on this site it's completely blank on all of my chars. I don't have any type of option to manually check anything at all, just a blank space with a character select box. The Voidwatch section is working like how you described though.

So that's why I'm confused, is there something else you have to do first to enable and edit the Assault menu on here?
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-12-13 16:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm see the weird thing about that is when I go under the Assault section on this site it's completely blank on all of my chars. I don't have any type of option to manually check anything at all, just a blank space with a character select box. The Voidwatch section is working like how you described though.

So that's why I'm confused, is there something else you have to do first to enable and edit the Assault menu on here?
It's these little guys on the right hand side members menu when you're logged into your account here:

Just gotta click the voidwatch and assault section and add stuff
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-12-13 16:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's these little guys on the right hand side members menu when you're logged into your account here:
Just gotta click the voidwatch and assault section and add stuff
Yeah that's what I'm referring to, I did try that Assault menu and it's totally blank with just a character selection drop down box and a gray bar that has a save button but with no options in it. All my other categories/sections work like Voidwatch, Atma, Abyssite, Merits and Job Points. I would do a print screen to show ya the blank menu, but this site's forum doesn't seem to let you upload pics from your local machine.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-12-13 16:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

huh... weird. sorry I don't know any more than that! someone else might know what to do
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-12-13 17:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

huh... weird. sorry I don't know any more than that! someone else might know what to do
Oh it's okay, thanks still I appreciate the help! Yeah it is really strange, that's why I was thinking it might be a bug from the GW issues that's breaking the section entirely. Does anyone else on here have the same issue with their FFXIAH Assault menu that I'm having being totally blank and no options to edit or add anything?
 Bahamut.Neufko
Server: Bahamut
user: siskotaru
By Bahamut.Neufko 2021-12-15 04:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the same behavior.
(I moved server ~3 weeks ago from asura to bahamut)
Everything else except mission completion is working fine, including job levels.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-12-15 04:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Neufko said: »
Everything else except mission completion is working fine, including job levels.
Missions were never handled by GW. They were handled by the old SE community Linkshell website that was closed down 5+ years ago. Maybe one day but that's not the current goal of fixing the GW.exe because even if added the backend of FFXIAH atm is not setup to support that data since it never got that info from GW in the past.
[+]
 Bahamut.Neufko
By Bahamut.Neufko 2021-12-15 04:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed, I wasn't expecting missions to update, just wanted to give Shiehna maximum infos.

If missions are ever implemented, could it be based on titles ?
e.g. San d'Orian Royal Heir = Rank 10 San d'oria
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-12-15 04:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Missions were never handled by GW. They were handled by the old SE community Linkshell website that was closed down 5+ years ago. Maybe one day but that's not the current goal of fixing the GW.exe because even if added the backend of FFXIAH atm is not setup to support that data since it never got that info from GW in the past.
So does that mean Assaults data on FFXIAH are considered to be part of the dead linkshell community site? That was my original question since I heard from many on here that the story mission info was from the linkshell community site. But I'm not talking about that, I'm referring to the Assault section under the list of tabs on our profiles.

Like I mentioned to Avereith my menu under Assaults is entirely blank with no way to edit or add anything at all. If it's something that is supposed to be manually edited then it's not working properly. If that data is pulled from Guildwork then it's also not working on that front as well. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of where that Assault section's data comes from to help figure out what the problem with it is.

But like Neufko showed, my Assault menu looks exactly the same as that pic. So that at least proves it's not some problem unique to my profile and there's actually some issue with the Assault menu on here.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-12-15 05:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed, I wasn't expecting missions to update, just wanted to give Shiehna maximum infos.

If missions are ever implemented, could it be based on titles ?
e.g. San d'Orian Royal Heir = Rank 10 San d'oria
I mean it could be based on packtet data, over at BG Wiki we made a similar thing for user profiles, example my page: https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/User:Darvamos 99% of that is packet based and auto filled in, we've and will share it again but the backend would need an update and we mapped out everything up to RoV.

As for Assaults I forget the exact details on somethings on this website you could manually do but wouldn't be counted for points or you could have either ls community website/gw do it for you and it did count. I forgot off hand which cat assaults fell into and don't feel like looking it up atm.
[+]
 Bahamut.Neufko
By Bahamut.Neufko 2021-12-15 05:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the heads up
By Jetackuu 2021-12-15 09:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing that people could hope is that after the holiday Scragg+Rooks carry the momentum from this ordeal and change around the ah backend for missions. As it's only been a WiP for half a decade+, if nothing else so people shut up about it just to show they can.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-12-15 16:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

As for Assaults I forget the exact details on somethings on this website you could manually do but wouldn't be counted for points or you could have either ls community website/gw do it for you and it did count. I forgot off hand which cat assaults fell into and don't feel like looking it up atm.
Okay that's fine, I more wanted to bring awareness to the fact the Assault menu on this site is broken regardless of where the source data comes from. I figured it would be an easy area to overlook since it's not on the main section of our profiles. But since Neufko and myself are both having the same blank Assault menu problem that proves there is an actual issue and it's not just my profile being messed up etc.

So if Assault data does come from GW then that section must be broke on the back end of it. Avereith was saying Assaults on here are a manual category though, so if that is the case I'm not sure how you guys fix issues with the actual site that aren't related to GW. I'm guessing somewhere in the site's code it can be repaired.

Jetackuu said: »
The only thing that people could hope is that after the holiday Scragg+Rooks carry the momentum from this ordeal and change around the ah backend for missions. As it's only been a WiP for half a decade+, if nothing else so people shut up about it just to show they can.
That would be pretty awesome if they are able to get the story mission data linked to GW. It should certainly be possible to implement into GW's code as Chiaia mentioned about bgwiki's profile data, and since GW pulls packet data from the game for most of the other info on this site as well. But obviously Scragg, Rooks and the others would need the spare time to map out and update GW in order to make that happen.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [573 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
Server: Carbuncle
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2023-07-11 11:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

(Necro bump, I know, but I'll explain).

I swear I looked all of the latest threads about Guildwork, I also read all of the posts on this thread and even though it mentions a person bumping every single of the other threads, this one seems to be the latest from them all. Apologies again for the Necrobump.

I quit FFXI for 3-4 years, then just recently came back early this year. I was subscribed (back in the day) to the paid version of Guildwork just because (being so lazy) I've always enjoyed doing /ffxiah item rather than opening a browser and coming to check the prices when I am trying to sell or buy something.

Anyway, coming back and playing more and more of course I wanted to resubscribe to Guildwork which I did and the thing is working again. I see on the Guildwork site my characters (some) titles and (some) pieces of gear being updated, however since the 14th of April the connection between Guildwork and FFXI seems to be broken for me. If I go to my equip history I can see stuff equipped from January to April but not after that date.

I've retried doing the "flush", the character verification and all of the other things mentioned here. I also have tried to contact Guildwork support via "support@guildwork.com" email but that address doesn't exist anymore :D

Does anybody know who can I contact? Rooks redirected me to Scragg, whom I reached out a couple of months ago but I assume he is busy or out of his hands to do something about it.

It's not really "a big deal" as long as I have the /ffxiah functioinality but it's nice to see the char progression and stats updated in here as it's been for the past 10+ years :)
 Bahamut.Kahraba
user: ashcrow
By Bahamut.Kahraba 2023-07-11 12:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq said: »
(Necro bump, I know, but I'll explain).

I swear I looked all of the latest threads about Guildwork, I also read all of the posts on this thread and even though it mentions a person bumping every single of the other threads, this one seems to be the latest from them all. Apologies again for the Necrobump.

I quit FFXI for 3-4 years, then just recently came back early this year. I was subscribed (back in the day) to the paid version of Guildwork just because (being so lazy) I've always enjoyed doing /ffxiah item rather than opening a browser and coming to check the prices when I am trying to sell or buy something.

Anyway, coming back and playing more and more of course I wanted to resubscribe to Guildwork which I did and the thing is working again. I see on the Guildwork site my characters (some) titles and (some) pieces of gear being updated, however since the 14th of April the connection between Guildwork and FFXI seems to be broken for me. If I go to my equip history I can see stuff equipped from January to April but not after that date.

I've retried doing the "flush", the character verification and all of the other things mentioned here. I also have tried to contact Guildwork support via "support@guildwork.com" email but that address doesn't exist anymore :D

Does anybody know who can I contact? Rooks redirected me to Scragg, whom I reached out a couple of months ago but I assume he is busy or out of his hands to do something about it.

It's not really "a big deal" as long as I have the /ffxiah functioinality but it's nice to see the char progression and stats updated in here as it's been for the past 10+ years :)

Pretty sure rooks still roams around the FFXIAH, but he has nothing to do with guildwork we need Scragg for that thinks.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-07-11 13:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What is interesting to me is that guildwork really was the alpha or beta for discord. It was Stan’s project, he owned it he created it.

Refined some ideas and concepts and then went onto Discord

Fast forward what 10 years now? Discord has how many developers on staff 100+? with a valuation of 15 billion dollars? And I’m just shocked Stan wouldn’t throw it over the fence even if it was to an intern program to have someone keep it going. As a labor of love/pet project

FFXI community and the game was a major driver for his ideas and the development
[+]
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
Server: Carbuncle
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2023-07-12 11:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Scragg is looking at this and he restarted a service that may have helped some people with issues, although my characters are still on the same status. Posting the update here in case you see anything differently maybe you can report it. Hopefully Scragg will get to the bottom of the matter and fix it when he can :)