Zhayolm Remnants
First Page 2
 Asura.Cordyfox
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cordyfox
By Asura.Cordyfox 2021-03-08 01:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone managed to enter Zhayolm Remnants II (or I) recently? I've been trying to no avail for three days now. I know it's an unpopular zone for Alex, but I am legitimately trying to build Skadi Feet +1 and the 45s and Umbrage Plans drop here. I've also only seen one person inside, and it's been the same person each time...

EDIT: Spoke to a GM. They agree something funny's going on.
By kairyu 2021-03-08 04:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw you there yesterday, I gave up after 30 minutes of trying to enter but something definitely seemed wrong.
By RadialArcana 2021-03-08 06:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem with salvage is it has become the goto bot revenue now, they busted sparks so they moved to that.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-03-08 06:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shitty bots use wrong packets to try to enter and break the zone for everyone else. Can thank windower for abstracting so much away that people who don't understand what they're doing can still use those packets.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-03-08 06:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

aren't the "Shitty bots" superior from the point of view of a RMT? you don't just bot alex but at the same time ensure no one else can farm. keeps supply low and prices higher.
By Chaplin 2021-03-08 06:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

RMT and shitty players use bots so it’s all semantics.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-03-08 07:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
aren't the "Shitty bots" superior from the point of view of a RMT? you don't just bot alex but at the same time ensure no one else can farm. keeps supply low and prices higher.
i haven't looked into exactly what's going on, but one can assume if they manage to break the entrance they can't do that zone any more either

regardless, SE obviously shares some of the blame for designing things in a way that bad packets are able to completely take down the entrances
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-08 07:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the 4th time salvage is broken in a month ffs

Just embarrassing.
By Draylo 2021-03-08 09:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Too busy with XIV expansion
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-03-08 09:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Had trouble entering Bhaflau Remnants for a good 30mins each time I tried to enter. ....Mythic trials. Made it even more unbearable.
By Masunasu 2021-03-08 09:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Assume this is the problem where if you click the door nothing happens at all (seems different than normal "too many people are interacting at the same time", it's literally non-responsive)?

Sad they could just do the ghetto solution of programming keypresses through the menu instead of trying to half-assed the packets and ruining it for everyone else.
By RadialArcana 2021-03-08 10:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

All they need to do is put a limit on how often people can enter, if it's unlimited it's custom made for botting.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-03-08 10:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

that will just drive the price up since supply is more limited. also will make mythic trials more annoying since you're limited in all zones, not just the one already
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-08 10:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Make alexandrite exclusive. Earn your mythic.

Fite me.

Naw really. Instead of incentivizing bots to spam salvage, award 200/30000 alex for clearing automatically added to your total. No tangible item to sell.

Less ***needs to be sellable. e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. in this game is bought. Absolutely nothing is earned. It's imbalanced.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-08 10:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Fite me.

Naw really. Instead of incentivizing bots to spam salvage, award 200/30000 alex for clearing automatically added to your total. No tangible item to sell.

Less ***needs to be sellable. e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. in this game is bought. Absolutely nothing is earned. It's imbalanced.
Inb4 people pay bots to earn them assault points and run them salvage all day.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-03-08 10:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

selling fresh account with 30K alex earned pm me
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-08 10:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing is going to be perfect, there's always some flaw.

But, let's run with that scenario. You can take 17 buyers for one run and/or the buyers would be lower than spamming every single hour of every single day.

So congestion would come down, any way you look at it. And that's really the only goal.

Incentivizes team ups (like einherjar is supposed to... raise the icher for grouping, they'll do it) stops bots from spamming for money, fixes the need for 1 per day in one zone screwing those mythic trials. It's net positive.
By Chaplin 2021-03-08 11:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Fite me.

While I agree, too many who don’t like doing things for themselves out there. There is a population who are fascinated with trophies they didn’t earn.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-03-08 11:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
that will just drive the price up since supply is more limited. also will make mythic trials more annoying since you're limited in all zones, not just the one already

This argument is basically botting = good.

Bots are why the prices are low.
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-03-08 11:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »

This argument is basically botting = good.

Bots are why the prices are low.

When it comes to alexandrites, I'm all for someone else risking their throwaway accounts to supply me with cheap alex. There is literally 0% chance of me ever farming 30k alex in my life.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-08 11:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Botting is good. But it's passed the reasonable tipping point when it's literally physically breaking the game lol.

Bots keep the prices down, that's a win for all. SO MANY BOTS that the game literally can't function is bad. Balance.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-03-08 12:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth pointing out OP is wanting to get pages and not farm alex. I think most can agree low alex price is nice.

This is really the problem with broken savage and bots running all over it. Sure Alex is so cheap its not even worth farming yourself, but nothing can be done if you trying to farm 18% movement speed feet for bst.
By RadialArcana 2021-03-08 12:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bots are good for buyers, but bad for farmers. They also break the entire system when the buyers want to do the clears.

There has to be some middle ground, and that does mean prices are going to go up a bit when they deal with the bots.

It's funny how issues in FFXI mirror real life problems sometimes, if I just changed some words this could be a real world problem.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-08 12:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bot is interchangeable with foreigner. Yes.

Alex(fruit picking) is worth(pays) too little to bother a real(native) person to (do)obtain.

It mirrors reality because its run by humans, just like reality. Time is never not money. (lizard persons not withstanding)

You want the burger but you don't want to know how it's made.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-03-08 12:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like they need to increase Alexandrite per run by 2400% and make all zones 1-day re-entry. ;)
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-03-08 12:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »

When it comes to alexandrites, I'm all for someone else risking their throwaway accounts to supply me with cheap alex. There is literally 0% chance of me ever farming 30k alex in my life.

I did it once and it was as miserable as you probably imagine it to be
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-08 12:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like if you think farming alex is a miserable experience, you should hate the whole game, cause that's literally all the game is.

Farm this. Kill that. Nonstop.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-03-08 12:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not foreigner, illegal workers. Off topic but still.

I remember a Chinese takeaway near where I live a few years ago employed 2 illegal workers, they paid them pretty much nothing (food and a small room and some pocket money) so they saved money and could charge less for the food.

Illegal workers will work for practically nothing, this benefits the stores and the customers but hurts the workers here that have to work for minimum wage (which is too much if an illegal will work for far far less).

Bots farm things with no effort, so the farmed items have very little value. They can sell them for 50k a stack if they wanted, a farmer can't do that.
By RadialArcana 2021-03-08 12:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they will eventually just put limits on how much you can enter per day, if for no other reason than to make people pay for multiple characters to farm them via botting.
By GlassyCraver 2021-03-08 12:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ZR is the easiest to bot. It is not 'unpopular for farming Alex'.

Unpopular for manually farming, perhaps. There is also 10+ random keyboard smash named RMT bots in there at all times when I searched recently.
First Page 2