Gaol: Unplayable content because of lag
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-03-01 16:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Biglovin said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean, you could, ya know, not do the content.

Nothing says this is broken, quite like not putting up with it.

Batshit crazy idea, I know.

I've cleared the NMs once and just farm segments now and wait until they fix it since you can spam it nonstop afterwards as long as you have segments to buy the mooglephone2s.... I wouldn't bother with V5+ for augmenting this ***until it's playable.

This is what my buddy and I are doing. Hell it takes almost 5 minutes just to buff on some nights.
By RadialArcana 2021-03-01 16:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironically, if they do fix it everyone else will start spamming it and you'll have to wait 2 hours to get in.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-03-01 16:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Might give me a reason to get the hell off of Asura then
 Siren.Kruel
Server: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2021-03-03 11:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I really wish i'd not been lazy and just tested my vpn on this ages back.

Dropped my 6-10 seconds of lag, (it's consistently that, never lower than 6 seconds) to just over 1 second of lag.

I was using vyprvpn connected to a Japanese server.

i struggled through so many boss fights...
By Manque 2021-03-04 01:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fujito reponse:
"Hello,

I’d like to share some details regarding the severe lag some users have experienced due to increased communication load in the Odyssey areas, particularly in Sheol: Gaol.

After investigating these occurrences, we found that the communication load between Sheol: Gaol and the servers is higher than those of other content. Our results allowed us to track down the cause to some extent, so we’ll proceed with further examination and come up with a countermeasure to help reduce the load. This countermeasure is planned for implementation in the March version update.

We are still looking into cases of players being unable to access Sheol: Gaol in the first place, but it’s possible that the countermeasure may help alleviate this issue. If you are still experiencing these symptoms, we’d like to ask you to submit a bug report so we can further investigate.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration these issues have caused."

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57813-February-2021-FINAL-FANTASY-XI-Digest?p=634496#post634496

Please look forward to it!
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-04 02:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant believe this. It went through to them >.> My reality is losing it's fundaments..
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-04 04:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow, I sure wasn't expecting them to do something so early.
Even if they won't solve the issue completely in march, just the fact that they are acknowledging it is reassuring.
[+]
By GlassyCraver 2021-03-04 06:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If everyone that is experiencing it sent in the form they'd have thousands to look at.
By RadialArcana 2021-03-04 06:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

GlassyCraver said: »
If everyone that is experiencing it sent in the form they'd have thousands to look at.

People are lazy, everyone thinks someone else will do it.

I would be amazed if they got 10-20 form responses. It's the public posting about this that got attention, and the help of the community staff that escalated it to them ofc.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-04 06:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's more likely they just noticed some unusual stress going on in one of their server/systems rather than them actually giving credit to the reports :-P
By zixxer 2021-03-04 08:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think all the youtube video of the boss fights are making them look bad. You got the nm teleporting all over the place.

My worst experience was the whm was stuck in the lobby for around 5 min. And 5 of our KI got used up. We couldn't summon a trust because we queued at 6/6.

We thought the run was over, but whms just popped right in and we got the win.
 Bahamut.Popeh
Server: Bahamut
user: Popeh
By Bahamut.Popeh 2021-03-04 08:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Great news!

Also, reported on that link. Could be normal (i guess?) but I had a few * on the trace route (no issues of lag in normal zones).
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-03-04 09:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Should probably also keep expectations low.

From the wording it seems this will be an ongoing thing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-04 09:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just the simple fact that they acknowledged the issue and said they would fix it in March is good news. Even 1-2 second lag is better than 5+.

To SE: We will accept 500,000 Segments as payment for the inconvenience and trauma we have faced during this period. You are forgiven.
[+]
By Popeh 2021-03-04 09:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Should probably also keep expectations low.

From the wording it seems this will be an ongoing thing.

Oh trust me, they're low. Very low. But its a start...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2021-03-04 10:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

people only really started complaining a month ago
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-03-04 10:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What I dont get is how this lag is only affecting non-JP players.

Also, the lag was always present in Sheol A/B/C, its just significantly worse in Gaol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-04 10:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
people only really started complaining a month ago

I posted about the lag on the day of the January update (or a day after), so it's closer to two months.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54555/the-odyssey-strategy-and-discussion/65/#3559806

endxen is correct that they drag their feet with certain bug fixes. The Atonment list was broken when Sheol came out, but that was fixed very quickly. They have yet to fix the blank spot for Atonement 3 purchaseable items. It did take them literal months to fix the Sheol C menu, and nobody knew how long MM from Sheol B was broken until they told us. They also came out several months after the fact to tell us that Evil weapons weren't supposed to be blood aggroing, but other families with odd aggressive behavior was ignored for some reason. They have a really irregular timetable, but it seems like they have been getting things fixed rather quickly as of late.

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Also, the lag was always present in Sheol A/B/C, its just significantly worse in Gaol.

Correct. There was always a "latency" in Sheol ABC, but nowhere near as bad as Gaol. You can test this still by going in, calling 5 trusts, then dismiss one and try to immediately call another. It takes a good 3-5 seconds before the game recognizes that you don't have 5 trusts and allows you to re-summon your next trust.
By RadialArcana 2021-03-04 11:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

A few people complaining get no traction, a lot of people do. Especially if you do it on the official forums.
 Bahamut.Harribel
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Harribel 2021-03-04 11:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I submitted the form a few days ago and just got a response to my ticket about high latency, long delays and missing log entries.

...Except the response was this:

Quote:
We are sorry to hear that you are encountering graphical issues with Final Fantasy XI.

We would advise you to update your graphics card drivers and then verify the game's files. This is done through the Check Files tool on the PlayOnline Viewer. The Check Files tool is accessible on the first PlayOnline Viewer page, before you log in to a PlayOnline ID. The tool will look for files with errors and, should it find any, will download replacement files.

and so on and so on. Ticket closed.
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2021-03-04 12:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I think it's more likely they just noticed some unusual stress going on in one of their server/systems rather than them actually giving credit to the reports :-P

server bandwidth expenses went up 10 fold!
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-04 12:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Oh wow, I sure wasn't expecting them to do something so early.
Even if they won't solve the issue completely in march, just the fact that they are acknowledging it is reassuring.

Early? Been like this since Gaol came out, its been months now... Only took them 5 months to fix the menu for Sheol C
Yes, and given the current standards SE got us used to, this feels very "early", ironic, right?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ruaumoko 2021-03-04 16:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Very surprised that they acknowledged it to be honest, good work from the community reps for getting the word across.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-04 16:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't give them credit they don't deserve. They did nothing that hasn't been asked of you a dozen times already.

Voice your problems, and do it where they will be seen.

Restating the previously stated is the absolute barest minimum. It's better than the absolute nothing they normally do, that's not saying much. Award no points.
[+]
By eliroo 2021-03-04 16:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Don't give them credit they don't deserve. They did nothing that hasn't been asked of you a dozen times already.

Voice your problems, and do it where they will be seen.

Restating the previously stated is the absolute barest minimum. It's better than the absolute nothing they normally do, that's not saying much. Award no points.

This attitude is why people don't go the extra mile.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-04 16:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't go the first damned foot. Forget the "extra mile".

You have to do the first actual something, do to extra something.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-04 16:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yo

The bar is so low

SO LOW

That we are giving them credit for ACKNOWLEDGING that the content is literally U-N-P-L-A-Y-A-B-L-E.

We are so used to them doing nothing, that even when they have to correct a clear problem, we think fixing that is credit worthy. Lmao. This abuse gotta stop.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14