RDM Solo E (JP): https://youtu.be/Jw7TV6dUV9I
Ruaumoko Kite Method (2018): https://youtu.be/EVruCGwSAWg
Ejiin Mewing Method (2018): https://youtu.be/4P2_Lodklzc
Kishr Tank Hold Method (2020): https://youtu.be/827q28ONcFQ

Key Notes:

Strategies:

Afania said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Food is required! Killing faster as non-NIN is more important since less time spent in the battle which is less room for error. Being stunned with no shadows up isn't a big deal in this fight and buffers should reapply buffs immediately (as you unstun) if you lose them or they're trash. We usually only want WAR and DRK this month since NIN DD is crap compared to those jobs.

Yeah, 2h empyrean is beastly this month, lol. I have no doubt that empyrean nin would be the most optimal choice because of dmg and more shadows.

But vast majority of NIN that I've seen, do mediocre dps and die/got dispelled anyways. I don't know one single nin hardcore enough to do empyreans.

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Not sure if something changed from last time but any DPS should be able to hit 99k WS this month. My BRD is hitting 99k Mordant Rime every time with just BRD buffs (no COR, no GEO, just honor/madrigal/minuetx2 and Dia3 from RDM). Pretty sure our NIN was hitting cap damage on every WS as well. Setup is NIN PLD RDM BRD...and 2 spots for uh. Stuff.

1) Mewing Strategy: This is the most reliable strategy, with reasonable clear speed. *See Kishr's video posted above.

PLD or RUN, DD/NIN or NIN/WAR, RDM/NIN, COR/NIN, BRD/NIN, SMN.

DD pulls NM to the corner and tank kites adds around the pillar when they spawn. BRD keeps elegy on Bigwig.

DD keep shadows up to prevent endeath kill, rdm keeps dia3, slow II on megaboss, silence on astrologers when they pop, then dps when they are not casting. SMN cure the tank.

At 30% tank stop kiting and hold all mobs away from megaboss in one place so mewing lullaby can land on all the adds, smn spams mewing lullaby on cooldown to prevent Triple Reversal fires off. Rdm will need to recast silence on Astrologers as soon as silence wears off.

At 30% when NM spams enforce, just let the DD sit at single digit HP. Nin should toss some vokes before wsing to help the lesser shadow DDs eaten by a potential multi attack.

2) Kiting Strategy: This strategy is identical to mewing strategy except the tank kites all the adds from start to finish, no mewing lullaby used. Healer will need to silence the adds.

3) Killing Adds Strategy: This strategy is the slowest strategy but most reliable of all. Instead of kiting adds, DDs will kill all adds that spawned. There are 2 waves of adds total. Once adds are dead, NM will no longer us endeath nor triple reversal, therefore removed all the potential possibility to wipe.

4) PUP/Mewing Strategy on Difficult:
Aerix said: »
PUPx2 COR SMN PLD and any mage capable of Silence. PLD tanks adds in corners with SMN mewing while dual PUP engage matons on boss in the center, as pets are immune to the Qutrub's Endeath, unlike Wrathare's.

Maton setup is Beast/Companion's; VE head/SS body; Wind/2x Fire; dual Inhibitors but no Speedloaders (skillchains always cap dmg and Speedloaders just slow them down) and just let the matons continuously 3-step skillchain on boss. At around 50%, the boss will PD, after which you can switch to Light/Thunder/Fire and use OD to zerg down the remainder of the boss's HP. The 3m20s duration of OD is enough to take out about 50% of the boss on D with 10-15s of duration to spare. A PUP/RDM should also Diaga to wipe Utsusemi: San shadows.

It may be kinda slow compared to using real DD setups, but it's pretty safe and easy as you don't need to worry about Triple Reversal, shadows, endeath, dispels or the like. And OD is pretty easy to reset with Wild Card as even a 5 will work.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-12-10 11:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

No mention of a pup strat, I think pup works this month too, thier pets are immune to death.
By tyalangan 2020-12-10 11:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Added a PUP strategy posted by Aerix in the previous thread.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-10 11:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I seem to remember this one being absolutely hilarious with multiple Armageddon CORs as DPS. Get the benefit of Triple Shot (that can be maintained all fight with 3 CORs), Empy aftermath, and wonderful hate properties of Wildfire.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-12-10 11:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't bother kiting the adds on VD last time I just stood there and tanked with with Priwen at the time as I hadn't bothered finishing ochain. Didn't need curing from an actual as I took *** all damage if a spell started going off I switched to Aegis but that was only when we took the Linkshells lolrdm. should be even easier now with Majesty being a thing I can cure my self in capped SIRD and capped Cure pot.
By ksoze 2020-12-10 12:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing his dmg is high but capped, isn't it something to use that breaks the damage cap like barrage or hot shot?
By kinkanat 2020-12-10 13:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You can sleep to the adds with sleepga rdm or brd?
By Chimerawizard 2020-12-10 13:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Can the adds attack be floor'd to the point a non-tank can hold them?
assumption: idris BoG + EA wilt: atk-126.25% & Phalanx II dmg-40~
DRK's have Smite for atk+29.6%.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-10 13:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »
Seeing his dmg is high but capped, isn't it something to use that breaks the damage cap like barrage or hot shot?

Here's a screenshot I took back when this ambuscade appeared in December 2018- Corsair Tripleshot:

As you can see, each individual shot is not capped, and because the game processes each one at a time, the total damage isn't susceptible to that hard cap. (The 100k+ damage shown is due to Battlemod compressing the attack round into one line, but still shows crit hits vs non-crit as unique damage, hence the 3rd shot showing up by itself and not being compressed like the first two).

Barrage does exceed the cap on him as well, but considering the timer it isn't something worth relying on. Hot Shot in my book might give great damage, but I'd rather in this fight get the benefits on Enmity that Wildfire brings to the table. Annihilator RNGs also are quite viable for the same reasons.
[+]
By ksoze 2020-12-10 15:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

43k range attacks looks like fun indeed

Imagine this bad boy

DMG:276 Delay:540 AGI+30
Ranged Accuracy+40
Ranged Attack+40
Archery skill +269
Weapon skill hit: Reduces "Barrage" cast time by 1 second
Barehanded: Ranged Accuracy+80 Ranged Attack+80 "Store TP"+20
Lvl. 99 RNG
By Pantafernando 2020-12-10 15:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to invest on PUP strat.

I guess from 2018 to now PUP auto dmg increase quite a bit isnt it? 15 mins on D sounds bad, i want easy peasy ambu so i can rotate mules again.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-12-10 15:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
ksoze said: »

Here's a screenshot I took back when this ambuscade appeared in December 2018- Corsair Tripleshot:

As you can see, each individual shot is not capped, and because the game processes each one at a time, the total damage isn't susceptible to that hard cap. (The 100k+ damage shown is due to Battlemod compressing the attack round into one line, but still shows crit hits vs non-crit as unique damage, hence the 3rd shot showing up by itself and not being compressed like the first two).

Barrage does exceed the cap on him as well, but considering the timer it isn't something worth relying on. Hot Shot in my book might give great damage, but I'd rather in this fight get the benefits on Enmity that Wildfire brings to the table. Annihilator RNGs also are quite viable for the same reasons.
Can I use Flaming arrow with my Gandiva AM3?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-10 16:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be more worried about pulling hate with Archery any day than with the options available via Marksmanship. Hate management is always a bigger issue when using ranged as your primary damage-dealing method, and throwing in en-death makes it an even bigger concern.
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2020-12-10 16:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't they fix hybrid breaking damage cap? Could have sworn they did but I can't find it in old patch notes.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-10 16:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They did fix it, 9/19
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-12-10 16:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive got a R15 Anni too, but with AM3 and good positioning, 100% of my white damage would be on the tank
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-12-10 16:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess another question for Celebrindal, What if I were to use a path C SU5, Righteous/Scout's bolts, using Wildfire and a PUP maton tank?
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-12-10 18:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Any tips for killing the adds? The Mewling strategy is a bit too narrow on the jobs list for my group.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-10 18:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You end up just splitting all the mobs

Never let more than 1 mob attack any player cause they'll triple reversal (insta death basically) and they have regain so you can't hold them without the mews.

Never quite fully figured out exactly what triggers the triple reverse but it seemed like anytime I had 2 mobs on me, it happened. The 3rd+ mob would always break away from whoever had it getting me killed u_u
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-12-10 18:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Two sets of adds, how many total in VD/D?
By Xaxial 2020-12-10 18:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

did they change a name or something in this? Cause he uses groundburst and one shots me
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-10 19:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »

VE 1
E 2
N 3
D 4
VD 5
(x2)

Xaxial said: »
did they change a name or something in this? Cause he uses groundburst and one shots me

Resources for battlemod not updated just like every other month
[+]
By Xaxial 2020-12-10 19:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Xaxial said: »

Resources for battlemod not updated just like every other month

ah! so i should still be able to run out of range right?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-10 19:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gotenn said: »
I guess another question for Celebrindal, What if I were to use a path C SU5, Righteous/Scout's bolts, using Wildfire and a PUP maton tank?

That's the one ranged RMEA that I don't have experience with. I could see it giving good numbers, but likely less than Anni or Arma with their aftermaths that multiply already good base damage in TP phase. But it would be interesting to see how it holds up.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-12-10 19:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

VE 1
E 2
N 3
D 4
VD 5
(x2)
So that means, with the boss, 6 enemies. Every person needs to have an add? That seems troublesome.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-10 19:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why everyone does mews or fails trying to kite or gives up lol

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to mew for whatever reason, sub smn works as mew can't miss
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-10 19:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Usual monthly video covering Solo and Party Strategies. Have a good month everyone.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-12-10 19:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of stuff can mess up the kiting strat but iirc tank/smn + whm/rdm/sch/smn can chill in a corner and hit a mew macro every 30s(between them). The only really important part is keeping the BLMs silenced. I believe you only need 2 if the PLD is taking 0 but I might be mistaken and you need a 3rd to mirror a maxed smn.

PLD keeps up mana with Ochain/Chivalry/initial refresh3.

WHM can do a quick run over to grab refresh III/ballad part way through if needed.

As long as the BLMs are silenced, the caits can just chill out.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-12-10 22:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

A SMN main with capped delay could hit a mew every 20 secs alone if they were solely dedicated to it.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-12-10 22:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but not every static just has a 20s BP smn ready to go but most have a combination that can afford to /smn.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7