Qutrub Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-16 15:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Torzak said: »
Silence can be landed on the big boss, it just takes a couple to three immunobreak procs.

agreed. And dont' forget that even with much lower skill, a GEO or WHM can contribute to that immunobreak total to make life easier for the RDM. At the end of the day, getting it on>who lands it.

Then of course, Stymie has never lost its flair when its up ;)
By Ruaumoko 2020-12-16 23:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Silence to prevent Utsusemi: San can help a lot when doing the supertank method as it will stop the shadows eating a weapon skill causing the MB to run off to the PLD.

Another way to prevent the MB running over to the PLD is for the PLD to register and maintain Enmity entirely through Volatile Enmity. Sentinel is only Volatile Enmity as-is Reprisal.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
Server: Asura
By Asura.Byrne 2020-12-17 00:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I was noticing some strange behavior from enspells on the MB. I've been away from the game for a while so I'm not sure how to interpret it. Normally the AE rounds were doing good damage but occasionally they would spike up to 18k for a 2 hit round or 51k for a 6 hit round... without the damage spike I forget exactly how much damage it was, but iirc it was half more-or-less.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-12-17 01:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure it's related to TP move usage, as whenever my enspell damage goes up, so do my auto-attack rounds.
 Asura.Datsik
user: datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2020-12-17 02:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ayami said: »
Thanks to Datsik for video about PLD/smn super tanking that I'm able to duplicate the run using this method although my setup is a bit different but with this I'm able to do VD a lot easier(only using Priwen, no Ochain needed). It's possible to 5 man this and carry another person using this strategy. setup is PLD/smn WHM/smn RDM BRD COR NIN. You can replace WHM or NIN with another job that you want to carry. Check out the video below.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Kenshi is the co-star in this video and much appreciate for his assistance.
Nice!
Dat PLD/SMN is stroooong ;)
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2020-12-17 03:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Datsik said: »
ksoze said: »
Nice datsik, it would be also very useful to get more into what is needed for the pld

I mean a burtgang is not something to pick up.

Curious what could work as alternatives.
Thx man, you have a few options stated above ^^
Even malignance sword probably works fine.
There's a ***ton of swords out there to use for sure.
Also the gear Im using is probably waaay for from optimal, I just slapped every fcking block rate I could find that didnt gimp me too much and tried it :P and I've just been sticking with it since it works just fine.
I can prob cap pdt add more mag eva and mag def bonus or just HP and w/e

You can also have your bard use Minne V/IV/III and HM on you and RDM give you haste II, If buffs need redoing, you can just turn around the dps for a moment, should keep the MB to just auto-attacks. If you have BRD anyway, having defense songs can reduce the amount of gear needed to pull off getting hit for 0. Still would probably want a healthy amount of block rate.

If you're trying to do it with a semi-weak tank, you'll definitely want to make sure those don't lapse, you can go from taking 0's to faceplanting very fast because the adds would start to build TP.
[+]
By Numquam 2020-12-17 08:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the Qutrub get increased mag DMG? Was wondering how helices would do in this fight. Just trying different strats. PUP on easy makes it a bit easier to kill adds. Great info on everyone though in this thread!
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-12-17 10:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Helix won't do anything. Helix caps at 10k. So even though you can Mb a 99k Pyrohelix II, you won't do more than 10k/tick and since this boss has millions of HP, it's a waste of time.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-17 10:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the question is, since boss takes 10x damage will helix ticks do 10x

Assume the cap is still the cap though.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-12-17 10:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I think the question is, since boss takes 10x damage will helix ticks do 10x

Assume the cap is still the cap though.

That sounds like a reasonable question, and no. I tested and yeah it's still capped 10k. Boss takes 99k nukes(Magic bursts) a lot though similar to WS, but yeah Helix is still capped.
By ksoze 2020-12-17 11:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Triple mb BLM s sound relevant this ambu
By Crossbones 2020-12-17 12:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

He doesn't seem to take much magic damage from what I've seen. Enspells do almost nothing and free nukes basically nothing as well.
By Torzak 2020-12-17 13:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen enspells hit for over 800 on rare occasion (Almace - on VD), so it's not a flat reduction mdt or dt like effect targeting them. Which is surprising to me with as much magic accuracy we bring to the table with Malignance, but yeah, Enspells don't seem particularly valuable there. It's too bad because I'd love to see what a Croc setup could do on that fight.

On a run that I played backline, a Fire II landed for like 11k iirc, but quickly went down the pits on subsequent casts.
By Crossbones 2020-12-17 13:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried using croc and it was basically worthless. Ended up doing way more damage with daggers on rdm, but no almace.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-17 14:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
He doesn't seem to take much magic damage from what I've seen. Enspells do almost nothing and free nukes basically nothing as well.

I was seeing some really solid enspell numbers with crocea the one time I did try it out. Not like 30k/swing solid, mind you- but definitely some 25k+ rounds. Will try it out and get some screenies to see what is plausible on a per swing basis.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2020-12-17 14:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually rounds were in the 25k neighborhood, but when skillchains would go off he seemed to take more... perhaps he takes increased damage when skillchain window is open? /shrug hard to tell cuz he takes so much damage to begin with.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-12-17 14:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah enspells are very inconsistent, but they are still good to have. I've seen enfire range from 1k/swing to 6-7k/swing, so there is no consistency.
By Crossbones 2020-12-17 15:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

He might have windows where he takes more or just a lot of meva...maybe sometimes? I only tried two nukes and both did like 2k dmg at T4 in a pretty much BiS free nuke set. Even if enspells do 5k+ that is still heavily nerfed on a NM that should take much more damage so something is definitely going on (not saying don't use them). If I go again as RDM I'll try to pay better attention to the logs but I've been having a blast on THF so far.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-12-17 15:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

the run where I tried it out I was rdm/sch, and only melee'ed pre-adds. During that time we also used a temporary Languor bubble to speed up landing enfeebles, so a high meva is likely what's going on, because I never saw "horrid" numbers on enspells during that time.
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2020-12-20 11:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

mew mew!
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2020-12-31 02:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I know month is almost over, but it is also possible to use PUP tank + SMN on VD to supertank them all.

Exact setup we used was PUP SMN WAR RDM BRD GEO.

Just use turtle tank set - use overdrive + heady before adds pop - engage an add when all have popped (they will all snap to auto with auto using benediction). Drag them all to opposite corner.

Switch focus of auto to each add one at a time and wait till auto uses either voke or flash.

RDM uses para II and slow II on each add, and keeps blm adds silenced.
With para II and slow II on each add auto can easily tank them all even on VD - just try to balance hate among the 5 (switching every 30 seconds approx).

SMN starts mew cycle at 35%. Can also use AC to mew faster but not necessary - but I use AC anyway since we reset 1 hour each time.

Do not use any JAs or cures (other than maneuvers) near the adds or you could strip hate.

Pup can tank adds indefinitely this way as long as mew happens every 20 seconds.

Does require resetting 1 hour each run - but this is another option for those having problems with kiting or the pld/smn method.

This method takes around 10 min on VD.
By gregchiro2013 2021-01-02 20:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is super easy (but slow....) 4 Pups and cor - each pup holds add (two hold more then one) Then main boss pup and cor spam darkness. Automation was killed often under 20%
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [511 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-28 19:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Something like a week out (probably the 7th?), gives you the chance to get your ninjars ready. And/or your kiting skills unrusted.
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-05-29 03:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Something like a week out (probably the 7th?), gives you the chance to get your ninjars ready. And/or your kiting skills unrusted.
Dont forget those sweet empy am3 weapons, especially ukon.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-29 10:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't have ukon back when this came out last time. Ninja was obviously the safer option. I look forward to using both this time around
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-05-29 11:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he did hit for 90k+ with am3 very often. This might be satisfying with sakpata's now.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-03 02:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm,

Quote:
We’ve made some adjustments to the qutrub battle from its previous incarnation, so it should post fewer headaches than the last go around. Just be careful that your HP doesn’t stay too low for too long.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-03 03:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

bring on the army of Armageddon CORs rotating Random Deal for perma Tripleshot!
By Serjero 2022-06-10 01:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Intense Ambuscade has undergone the following adjustments.

The adjustments to damage suffered by players targeted by the Bozzetto Bigwig, Bozzetto Tormenter, and Bozzetto Astrologer have been adjusted as given below.
The damage when all three are attacking the same target has been decreased from 2.7x to 2.0x.
The damage when two are attacking the same target has been decreased from 0.9x to 0.2x.
The damage when all three are attacking different targets has been decreased from 0.3x to 0.1x.

The abilities Turn the Tables and Spin the Tables used by the Bozzetto Bigwig will now inflict instant death when the target is below 10% of maximum HP.

When the Bozzetto Bigwig, Bozzetto Tormenter, and Bozzetto Astrologer gain the effects of Regain when they are all attacking the same target, their TP will now increase by 100 instead of 50 on Very difficult only.

How badly does the increase on regain mess with the PLD/SMN strategy.
Also the instant death change sound like more headache not less when everyone was just using shadows and not bothering healing during the last phase anyways.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-10 02:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

100 per tick means you need to mew every < 30 seconds, so doesn't really change anything you just have to ride the timer harder
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7