Mastery Rank Data
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 47 48 49
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-26 09:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It just kinda feels that way. When someone does a "bunch of stuff" that usually only culminates in a title or two. But when you go kill an nm you usually kill multiple. Like you don't go just kill medusa. You get galool and gurfurlur and you check for cerbface and kimmy and then you've got a dozen titles before you know it.
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2022-02-02 18:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

1009 titles. Annoyingly, I ranked up while getting both my first place C1 win and also getting my tenth first place win, so it could have been at 1008 titles or it could have been Winning Owner that pushed me over.

Working on Maze Overlord right now (and should have it in a few days), but other than that I'm a few months away from a new Mog Garden title.

Other stats:
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-02-02 19:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

1009!?! that's what I have now :O, lol. Dang!

Well congratulations and welcome to the club!

Hopefully a person named Byrth will be joining the club at some point as well

ps: make the mentor flag gold, if only for swag purposes
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-02-02 20:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

A few things I have come across that might contribute to mastery rank, maybe you guys havent thought of them yet:

• PUP attachments turned in (maybe puppet skills too)

• BLU magic learned

• meeble burrows "3/3 objectives" for each investigation

I ranked up from 6 to 7 a few months ago when capping all of my combat and magic skills. This probably means master levels/increased skills have a significant boost to mastery rank.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-02 20:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that I eliminated meeble burrows counting for anything of value when I was trying to get from 3 to 4(or 4 to 5 whatever) by maxing out meebles.

I figured finishing each one might count for something but didn't seem to. (the bosses of course "do count cause title")

Spells, of course, all spells not just BLU presumably.

In the terms of "skills and their caps/point values etc" it feels like you get the "points" awarded in sets, like every 100 skill levels instead of 1 "point" for every single skill up. So I wouldn't say "significant" but raising all your skills by 20(40) "could" be worth an easy 10ish "points"

Or "skills" stop awarding points after some arbitrary cap and master levels mean absolutely nothing.

But it is of course all guess work. I wish they would put a meter/bar on it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-02 20:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

A double; it all comes back to trying to get someone to do an absolute pile of ***but purposely avoid titles to see if they can rank.

Which Byrth is sort of doing, and by the looks of it is not ranking by any of the things he's doing since he's still rank 7.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-02-02 20:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
PUP attachments turned in (maybe puppet skills too)

BLU magic learned

meeble burrows "3/3 objectives" for each investigation
got em

got em

don't have em all, but in my list of things to do (except for cluster exploding and mining ore ones in batallia, because screw that)

My interest in skills lies in wondering if master level extra 20 skillpoints (and more to come) will do anything. that's fun

I've been doing master levels just because it's easier than titles, and until cap is raised next week or the week after or w/e, I'm only 3 jobs away from being done. Shame I'm alreasdy rank 8 and we don't know if 9 exists!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-02-02 20:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd bet titles added after the Mastery Rank system don't count. All the ones from Sheol - Gaol (-17) and VR (-11), for instance. Removing those would push 1009 back to 981, which is only 1 off Avereith's rank 8 total.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-02-02 21:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, but it looks like I had all of the odyssey boss titles before I hit rank 8 as well, and I'm sure at least all of the voracious that were released up to that point since I always kept up to date. So I too would be under 980 in that way

Just from checking my list of titles and when they were added, anvil advocate (my rank 8 title) was added at least 11 titles after bumba

Oh, and for the 1082 title count mentioned in the list of your accomplishments above, do remember that 9 of those were never available (or never found maybe for high roller/fortune's favorite), and two of them are no longer available with the ballista royale titles. So only 1071 possible currently, unless you were a ballista royale winner or somehow find fortune's favorite or high roller
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-02-03 17:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally 100/100 maze runes! (still only 337 clears though, so no 500 or 1000 maze clear titles yet, ha)

One more thing off the boring checklist of "why am I still playing this game"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-02-08 12:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It probably doesn't matter, since I'm already rank 8 and we don't know if rank 9 even exists, as well as ranks being almost purely based on titles to our current knowledge

butttttttt, master level 20 in all jobs and recapped all skills on said jobs and still not rank 9

Levels weren't in the official SE post on mastery rank, but combat and magic skills were so was worth a shot
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2022-02-17 16:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Finally 100/100 maze runes! (still only 337 clears though, so no 500 or 1000 maze clear titles yet, ha)

One more thing off the boring checklist of "why am I still playing this game"

But there are 109 maze runes?

Edit: I caught the stupids.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-17 16:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They go to 119, but some numbers are missing

Looks to actually be 100

47-50 57-70 and 105 don't exist (119-19=100)

(you're even the one that posted that, lol)
Quote:
Rosalee

There are a bunch of runes that don't exist. Believe me, I've been through the exact same questions you have. NONE of the job runes beyond the original 6 were implemented, so that's runes #57-70. Additionally, only Healing/Enhancing/Enfeebling/Elemental/Divine/Dark Magic were implemented, so no to runes #47-50. I just have no idea what #105 was intended to be, but it simply does not exist.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-02-17 20:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

100 on the spreadsheet I had. excel counted.

edit: but if there are 9 more... tell me what they are so I can get them
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2022-02-21 09:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

HERP DERP.

Turns out I had the "9" in my MMM count from Vouchers.

Also my friend and I undertook the monumental task of unlocking Cut & Cauterize III (W) last week; the number of clears needed to unlock tiers on those particular ops missions is definitely greater than 16; it's more likely 20 or 21 (uncertain which since we had 3 turn-ins each time.)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-02-21 09:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Op completions to unlock tiers above depends on your nation's stats and focuses as well, so can be less or more than what we initially observed. We've seen 8 for some, 12, 16, etc

There were only two of us doing them, so obviously we don't have math or extensive data saved up, but do note that if something isn't unlocked by 30+ clears your nation's reconnassaince level probably isn't high enough, so time to farm/turn in some boxes and do some scnm completions for stat ups
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-02-21 10:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So about "Let the bard decide your title" and the random titles we can receive... Was this ninja changed at all? It seems that I can go to every multiple bards that give titles and request a random one from each of them per Earth day. I thought this was only one title per day across all Bards?

Edit: I could not receive one from the Southern San d'Oria [S] Bard after I received one from the present day bard in Southern San d'Oria... but I was able to get one from Selbina, West Adoulin, as well as Southern San d'Oria so far. Could not get one from Lower Jeuno, Port Jeuno, Whitegate, Rabao, Windurst [S}, or Tavnazia.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-21 11:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be one per game day not earth day.

Did you get two random titles on the same game day?
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-02-21 16:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It should be one per game day not earth day.

Did you get two random titles on the same game day?

It is totally possible the game day rolled over between #2 and #3. I still had no idea it was game day.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-02-22 10:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm up to 966 titles. Remaining are:
* 7 Job Master titles
* 7 GP titles
* 6 Mog Garden titles
* 5 Chocobo Racing titles
* 4 Odyssey NM titles
* 7 VD HTBF titles
* Tumult Curator
* Level 140 incursion (or whatever)
* Brown Mage with food
* Discerning Eye x Infinity

The first 25 titles are just a matter of time, so hopefully in a month or two I can hit 980 titles and find out if that's what was required.

In addition, I'm nearing the chocobo digging cap (may hit it by the end of the campaign).
 Lakshmi.Blackada
user: logsrus
By Lakshmi.Blackada 2022-02-23 12:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it is worth, here is a summary of my quest for Master Rank

Date............Quests.....ROE....Titles....Missions........Rank
......................................................Incomplete

2020-Dec-30...633......705.....450.......TOAU, WOTG......4
.........................................................CP, MKdE

2021-Dec-9.....769.....906.....537.......TOAU, WOTG......5

2022-Feb-23....974.....927.....604.......all-done.............5

The rank-up from 4 to 5 was on completion of Quest RDM-AF-III and gives a Quest plus an ROE plus a Title on completion --- which is Murphy's Law.

Seems to confirm that ROEs, Quests and Missions have a minor influence on the ranking up. The AF quest that ranked me up was about number 9 out of 12 that I did in a single run (nothing else done at same time).
By Ranoutofspace 2022-03-11 16:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

How does the title inverter lua work? Do I just load it and talk to an NPC? It seems to print out "NPC Inverted" in the console but and the NPC now shows a bunch of N/A fields so...I'm not sure what to do with this.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-03-11 17:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that is how it works. The N/As can be ignored. That is the title shown if the ID is 0
By Ranoutofspace 2022-03-11 17:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

How are people getting the the list of titles they are missing?
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-03-11 17:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranoutofspace said: »
I did it the old fashioned way. Get the complete list from bg, visit all of the bards, remove the titles you have.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-11 18:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the best way (and seriously blows lol), Byrth wrote the lua to automate it somewhere back there, not 100% but accurate enough
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-03-11 21:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to go around to one of every title NPC and check every gil level, noting the ones that are not N/A. You still have to do them all, but can record the titles directly instead of taking a title list and crossing them out. It ends up being shorter.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-03-12 06:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

titles:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Titles
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Titles
https://www.ffxiah.com/node/433

bards:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Title_NPC

spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tr3igjNSZo2H35ii2XoMG6PRCpkp57i4OBJb6BjripY/edit?usp=sharing

Have a blast

People and their new-fangled reverse title counting!

On a side note, I don't have much time to grind out mastery crap lately, so I fully expect someone else to take over and get rank 9 while I'm busy. Get to it.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-03-19 09:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I got Mastery Rank 8.

The most recent thing I've done is win the Crystal Stakes Gold Cup for the first time, which happened this morning. I forced Mastery Rank to get sent to my client again after winning and it did not upgrade, but after logging out / back a few times and crafting a bunch I noticed it was 8. It must have been the Gold cup and just slow to update.

972 titles by my count. I'll go deeper later. Highlights:
* Haven't killed Tumult Curator
* Still missing a bunch of VD BC wins
* Haven't done any Master fights (or the Mimic BC)
* Haven't done Ballista
* Still maybe 10 titles left from Mog Gardens / the easy GP items
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-03-19 10:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I must be close to 8 now. Abyssea was my biggest hole, and I have been chipping away at quests, titles, and key items.

I'm also missing a lot of htmb vd titles.
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 47 48 49