First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 47 48 49
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-12-16 11:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Free to play is active, so I will be getting ballista titles in the near future

I saw this post on bg forums and will confirm if either of these are true, as I couldn't find the exact info on these titles elsewhere:

[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-16 11:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck, Gravy! Your dedication to the cause is impressive.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-12-16 13:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok! Ballista! I did one match, and it's all I'm doing for now, but I'm sure I'll do more next week or something.

The best strategy for a 6 person "just me, myself, and I" ballista to keep your sanity is to /quarry while afk for 50 minutes away from all the rooks, then use the last 10 minutes to score the petras based on how well you want to do and where you need to be ine rankings. An hour is waaaaay too long for the event otherwise, ha.

Rook Buster 100% confirmed just from being the highest ranking scorer in the match, or perhaps scoring over a certain amount of petras (I scored 40 petras). Rook Buster appeared on me as soon as the match ended before I even talked to the Marshal to register my ballista scores.

In terms of scores, it seems that in a 6 person match that you get 70 points just for being on the winning team and doing nothing else, and 30 points for being on the losing team and doing nothing else. I myself got 185 points from scoring 40 petras and getting 8 kills, so I guess that's 115 points from those petras and kills combined after the 70 just for being on the winning team.

There no title at all for not receiving any chevrons, and this was easy to test because there are a bunch of NPC empty spots in the ballista list with 100 points by default on all jobs, so none of my alt characters qualified for any chevrons, and were confirmed to have no other titles after the match or after checking points/chevrons.

Following registration of points. I took Gold Ballistar (had the choice of this or highest ranked Blu). Even though I did not accept the Blu title, it was still registered with the Marshal as a chevron being earned (so my current stats at the Marshal show 1 gold chevron and 1 job-specific chevron as earned)

I then checked the title bard with Ballista titles (South Sandy), and Rook Buster and Gold Ballistar (assuming only while I have the KI) were available.

I cannot yet return the Chevron (they last a week), to see if I earn Ballistager title.

I then proceeded to use 100 of my newfound Ballista points to enter diorama-ghelsba ballista and got the map Key item, so yay. I did not play a match in here to obsereve for any titles or rewards. But it does seem to be a neat place because you can just set it to no level cap!

So for now, that gives me two new titles so far, one of which will seemingly disappear with the KI, ha. 1007, and more to come!
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-19 07:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Made a new character. Zoned into Mog House. It automatically started the moogle mog house explanation cutscene. Didn't get a chance to "click on" the moogle it initiate it. Title after cutscene was still "New Adventurer". I guess title "Mog's Master" can be a lost-forever. Made different new characters and sometimes the cutscene would start when I zoned into moghouse. Sometimes it wouldn't and I could get title. Weird. Not sure what caused it. Ran to mog house first thing each time.

I know no one making a brand new character this day and age will care about it for this, but it's there.
By Draylo 2021-12-19 07:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate missables!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-19 07:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There are no miss-able titles, they get obtained automatically

Any time there's a split title option or a multi title option you get all of them. There's some that are unobtainable but none missable.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-19 21:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I hate missables!

Reminds me of:

YouTube Video Placeholder

(I know this isn't random thoughts, but when it comes to 100%ing games, or in this case completion of as much as possible for mastery possibilities, it applies kind of).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-12-20 07:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
There are no miss-able titles, they get obtained automatically

Any time there's a split title option or a multi title option you get all of them. There's some that are unobtainable but none missable.
Just to add to the unobtainable thing, if your character isn't female you automatically are -1 potential titles because you can never being Trions blushing bride! It's the only title I can think of with such a stipulation
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-12-24 14:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ballistager title confirmed received after ballista herald makes you turn back in your chevron KI after a week of inactivity

So rook buster and ballistager probably the only permanent ballista titles available (aside from the two ballista royale ones that aren't available anymore)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-01-03 10:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

1009 titles currently, didn't get to do any more ballista over holiday break. so much for taking advantage of free login campaign

18 campaign ops left to do across all nations, which should be down to 11 or 10 by weeks end! I will probably have 7 left that are impossible for me to do on my server currently until windy loses an area near home (has never happened since I've been watching! oof)

I'm already rank 8 so it's hard to tell if campaign op completion adds anything at all, but I would like to assume so, given the completions are listed in the missions section of the menu.

If Byrth ranks up to 8 soon, we might get an idea, because he has as many as me complete if not more. Slight miscount in his title situation which he could explain better, so he might still have a while to go till rank 8, but if he ranks up at fewer titles than me I would say that campaign op completion does give rank points.
 Lakshmi.Blackada
user: logsrus
By Lakshmi.Blackada 2022-01-03 17:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I assumed that whenever I get a new title by quest or whatever thst it would replace the current one in my Profile.
However i just got my Ebisu rod quest completion snd it did not show the new title, the previous title stayed in the display. This means that I cannot monitor new title achievement simply by watching my Profile.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-01-03 17:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

open and close the profile again a few times, I always have to refresh it twice

and if you really didn't get the title, it's always at the bard (well except a few glitchy ones or the other exceptions)
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2022-01-17 21:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Titles still aren't updating. I got Maze Artisan a couple of weeks ago and it's still not loading up in GW.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-01-18 05:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, you'll have to contact the gw folks about that one still
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-01-18 06:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
open and close the profile again a few times, I always have to refresh it twice

and if you really didn't get the title, it's always at the bard (well except a few glitchy ones or the other exceptions)

Are the randomly assigned titles at a bard? I managed to get one the other day, but I don't think it's selectable from a list?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-18 06:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Random yes, selectable no
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-01-18 07:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, there's no evidence that the game remembers you've ever had them either. I've gotten 3/4 on my mule (and 0/4 on my main) to no effect so far.

As far as my progress, I'm actually @950 titles right now. I used the max index in the title .dat previously as the base when counting my titles, but there's a big gap in the high 900s or low 1000s where they didn't put titles, so my actual count was lower.

I'm mostly doing a slow weekly grind right now plus an Odyssey static with Avereith. Most of what I have left is going to just go slowly.
* 11 70k/100k GP titles (probably 2 months)
* 2 Fish ranking titles (at least another month)
* 7 Job Master titles (varies based on my grinding tolerance)
* 6 Mog Gardens titles (four months?)
* 10 Sheol Gaol NMs remain (2 months?)
* 6 VDBC titles - Alexander, Cait Sith, Lilith, Odin Prime, Return to Delkfutt's Tower, Wyrm God (could be quick, but I'm too lazy to make groups)
* 3 Titles for Dynamis - Windurst [D] 2nd/3rd wave and completion (some time between tomorrow and never)
* Tumult Curator (some time between tomorrow and never)
* Brown mage food + greens title (some time between tomorrow and never)
* 6 Chocobo titles - (my chocobo sucks, >6 months?)
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-01-19 11:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Has anyone confirmed that nothing bad happens if you rank up to Artisan in a craft if your working on an Escutcheon in another?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-01-19 11:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Has anyone confirmed that nothing bad happens if you rank up to Artisan in a craft if your working on an Escutcheon in another?
When shields were first being added I Ranked up LC to do 2nd Stage of shield because I could go from T1 on synth to T2 (Brass Jadagna +1). Not sure about later stages though.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-01-19 11:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My question is can you switch back to Expert after your done and continue on with the shield from when you left off.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-01-19 11:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
My question is can you switch back to Expert after your done and continue on with the shield from when you left off.
I did.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-01-19 11:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the same thing as Chiaia. Gaining a couple LC levels and regaining a couple GS levels was painless compared to trying to T1 those *** Jadagnas.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-01-19 12:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I have all of the 70k/100k GP titles, and I never had an issue, but my shield was also already completed before I started switching around ranks.

In general, I don't think anything happens from ranking up to artisan in another craft, aside from the dialogue you get when speaking to craft NPC and they require you to drop rank in one of the crafts. You don't even need to speak to that NPC though for guildpoints, so you can just sit with expert on your main craft and artisan on the side craft at the same time and continue turning in guildpoints without worry.

In fact, going back and forth between artisan and craftsman all the time for whatever guildpoint item is best that day is something I do constantly, and I've never had to drop rank from expert.

The real fun comes when you want to get the 150k and 200k GP items for crafts that aren't fishing or your main craft, then you would actually have to drop levels and ranks in your main craft :X (I haven't attempted this yet, maybe after I finish all the 40k GP KIs for each craft)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-01-23 15:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a list of zones somewhere that have NPCs that run automatically on a set route through the zone? asking for... reasons
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-23 15:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt it... there's really only like 6 or 7 npcs that move at all lol.

Raminel, Red Ghost.... that one mithra in the bone guild walks a small path.

The one NPC in Ronf that yells all clear all the time and the dipshit in davoi.

I can't really think of any other ones. Those 2 kids in port sandy.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-01-23 15:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh yeah the ronfaure guy he's a classic. ty for the reply
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-01-23 16:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres one in Davoi used for a TVR mission (north middle), and one in each Abyssea zone pretty much.
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2022-01-23 22:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably missed a bunch but:

• Novalmauge walks back and forth in Bostaunieux Oubliette

• Dhahah, Dhakih, Dhahih, & Dhakoh (all dhalmel) walk back and forth in Windurst Woods

• Purakoko walks up and down the bridge to Heaven's Tower in Windurst Walls

• Chuqui-Chanqui walks back and forth inside Heaven's Tower

• Vhana Ehgaklywha follows a path through Lower Jeuno each night starting at the Upper Jeuno zoneline and stops once at each streetlamp on her way to the Rolanberry Fields zoneline

• Sibila-Mobla walks back and forth in Upper Jeuno

• Arenuel, Yavoraile, Falreze, and Leis walk back and forth in Ru'Lude Gardens

• Quelveuiat walks back and forth in Tavnazian Safehold

• Hashayra, Gigirk, and Ubahrid walk back and forth in Aht Urghan Whitegate

• Najaaj and Sujyahn walk back and forth in Al Zahbi

• Many assaults contain non-combat NPCs who move around each area

• There are NPCs who move between the stands and the betting areas in the Chocobo Circuit when betting opens before a race.

• Noan, Behff Oibbah, Safrick, Neivaig, Coltrone, Westerly Breeze, and Peladi Shalmohr walk back and forth in Western Adoulin

• Addled Fetters, Adelise, Uhlstar, Huss, and Risen Hackles walk back and forth in Eastern Adoulin

• A couple of leafkin walk around in Leafallia

• Ferry attendants step aside when the boat arrives and then move back to the middle of the pier when no boat is docked

• Eflatun, Iron Muscles, and Yahbehbeh walk back and forth in Rabao

• Thali Mhobrum, several Opo-opo (for the crown quest), and 3 unnamed/untargetable rarab move around in Kazham

• Keal, Parlemaille, Oruga, Paito-Maito, Deigoff, and Shivivi walk back and forth in Norg

• Chuchuroon walks back and forth in Nashmau

• Kasper walks back and forth in Bastok Markets [S]

• Tahl Mhioguch and Uricca-Koricca walk back and forth in Windurst Waters [S]

• I think some of the recruitable "free agent" campaign NPCs move around the areas where you can find them when they're not deployed?

• There may be some who move around the areas of La Vaule/Garlaige [S]/Nest [S]/Eldieme [S] that contain NPCs, but it's been too long to remember and those places are more of a pain to check

• Pretty sure there are a couple of them who walk around the survivor camps in Abyssea (in addition to the ones who wander the zones more widely)

• All manner of special event NPCs walk around in many zones at different times of year

[+]
 Phoenix.Nihilum
Server: Phoenix
user: Elvaanish
By Phoenix.Nihilum 2022-01-26 08:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

When Mastery Rank was introduced I was rank 4, and I've done heaps since then and it never changed. Today I killed the 3 ToAU beastmen leaders and on killing the 3rd it ranked up to 5. Maybe old news, but 38 pages is a lot to scan through.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-01-26 09:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Feel free to count your titles if you're bored, but otherwise Ty. And yeah, we've seen quite a few rank ups from completing chains of NM titles (beast kings, wyrms, and now toau beast kings), so keeps taking me back to there being a system where either some titles are gatekeepers to rank ups, or many titles are simply worth far more than others
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 47 48 49