New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mastery Rank Data
Mastery Rank Data
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 47 48 49
By Pantafernando 2021-01-21 14:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Today is obvious but we had a long road to get here (14 pages). EDIT: now 15 because i paged

Glad they mentioned playing time as a variable because this would be terrible to make sure it exists. Still controversial imo because it incentivate you to leave a char online for a long amount of time while they advise at start to avoid playing for long hours, take care of family etc.

Combat skills was an information just recently you brought to the forum, and none would have mentioned it before.

Trust is also something i wasnt aware as a direct factor. Makes important to log at least during the seasonal event. Also, its a time gate for trusts like Ygnas and Monb.

They didnt mention RoE quests. I wonder if they added together the in game 1118 quests to the 700+ RoE quests. This could be potentially the biggest requirement, unless they set the cap on play time low.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 14:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, ROE is really just confirmation of doing things. It's not actually doing things. (mostly)

There are a couple actual ROE Quests, but the mass majority is just flags like a checklist.

Serious question though; What consists of "non battle content" to the extent that hasn't been covered.

My garden is damn near done
raising (and by extension racing) isn't required, merely worth "points" toward the goal - others confirmed 7 without doing
Coalitions progress? (90% are nonbattle)
(crafting is it's own category)
Mog House gardening (I've grown a plant for Deeds)
((learn a certain amount of spells from scrolls))
((((Ugh, number of chats, really)))
Zones entered? I think I've been in every zone in the game via mission and roe harvesting. And picked up every HP and Survival Guide within them.

What else is there, seriously. (that isn't a quest, like gobbiebags) (trust is it's own category)
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-21 14:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean yes, confirmation is nice.

But, "do some missions" - Yes, obviously.
"Do some quests" - Yes, obviously.
"Do some crafting" - Yes, obviously.

Nah mean? It's the typical nonanswer answer.

"So you mean, that to rank up in the game... I, have to... play the game?" "Yeah"
I dig.

Honestly, I'm just exploring & eliminating what things I haven't done in game that would get me from 6 to 7. I can count less than 10 larger overall goals I've set for myself that can keep my busy for literally months. So I won't complain.

*Inner overachiever and completionist intensifies*
By Pantafernando 2021-01-21 14:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Monstrosity

Pacreation (sp?)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 14:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

They're both literally battles
By Pantafernando 2021-01-21 14:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Teleports in general, escha, abyssea, survival guides, waypoints.

Maybe master jobs? Number of jobs unlocked/lv capped?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-21 14:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The category : subcategory theory mentioned a page back seems like a reasonable assumption. Now how one would organize such a chart / checklist then becomes the real question.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 14:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Very first thing is you need someone actually actively watching for a rank + 1 (and actually getting one... lol)

Remark what it took and attempt to replicate. See if it was a singular requirement or the last in a series of requirements.

From there it's just a matter of repetition and disqualifying things until you nail it.

If one were simply trying to find their own next rank up, would make said chart containing everything in it's supposed category and attack the one with the least completion in that set.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-21 15:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

found this checklist for anyone that wants to go around doing quests (or at least narrow down things they might be missing). It's missing newer things like the ealdnarche flying thing mount and the siren quest, but seems pretty solid other than that:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/541pip62b9oaak3/FFXI%20Master%20Quest%20Checklist.xlsx?dl=0
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 15:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

A nice list. And there is a straight assload of quests... which is why I have very little desire to tackle the quests portion. It may be an inevitability though.

(I have done basically all of the crystal war, they did a great job of forcing you to do quests in the past to move the story, unlike the rest of the game. Extremely annoying, that. But well done from a "do stuff" POV)
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-21 15:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If one were simply trying to find their own next rank up, would make said chart containing everything in it's supposed category and attack the one with the least completion in that set.

That's pretty much exactly what I'm doing personally.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-21 15:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a goofy one, since they mention home points, what about geomagnetic fount warp unlocks? I am waaaaay behind on those (don't think I ever even completed the second quest for them). Worth a shot I guess

edit: yeah I'm missing all of these proto waypoints
West Ronfaure
North Gustaberg
West Sarutabaruta
Konschtat Highlands
Pashhow Marshlands
Meriphataud Mountains
Uleguerand Range
Davoi
Beadeaux
Castle Oztroja
Sea Serpent Grotto
Boyahda Tree
Oldton Movalpolos
Riverne - Site B01
Castle Zvahl Keep

Guess I'm going exploring
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 15:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm probably going to grab the SG list, waypoint list, HP list, all the confluxes and smash out the whole damn thing and see what happens.

That may be todays objective. (while verifying some amount of magical skills on another account)

If you're lacking them that may be your 7. "non battle" seems like a tough category to "master"
By Pantafernando 2021-01-21 15:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I will just wait, at some point someone will make an addon that can automate this recording.

I will take a look at it late next month if none does it before.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 15:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not fun, help be fun
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 18:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Random; Can anyone give the Coords to the HP 5 In ule

I deleted all the garbage points in tako but now I can't find the *** thing

I know it's G-9, the XYZ
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-21 19:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

that sounds complicated, can I get that somehow from just like... warping to the homepoint and looking at my screen?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 19:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Only with the program loaded. It's fine I'll find it.

ugh, this home point sucks. -219.58, -63.27, -0.65
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 19:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I have officially touched (giggity) every warpable point in the game. Every hp. every survival guide. every fount. All the adoulin waypoints/skirmish points. Every maw. Every conflux.

Still rank 3

It is hard to believe that I hadn't gotten this one yet, I cannot think of anything else that is nonbattle for the love of Christ. Maybe learn more spells but if that don't work then what the ***.

(before someone mentions a mix of things for each rank, I had absolutely zero craft skill at rank 2 and rank 3, so if it was a mix, crafting would have kept me from getting rank 3)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-22 01:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Got all the proto waypoints finished off and got a few more vorseals (not all yet) and still rank 6

Rank 6:
-All Missions/addons complete
-Crafts capped (110 gold w/ escutcheon; ebisu+1/lu+1)
-All jobs mastered
-904 records of eminence
-Adoulin ring+1/ygnas
-Monster rearing: Missing 4 mementos (in progress)
-Maat's Cap
-All trusts
-All spells except cruel joke
-All mounts except chocobo (in progress)
-All skills capped
-11 REMA (1 relic, 3 mythics, 2 empy, 2 ergon, 3 aeonic)
-Max Fame everywhere
-Homepoints: all unlocked
-Survival Guides: all unlocked
-Proto Waypoints:all unlocked
-Outpost Warps: missing Movalpolis for bastok, dont know others
-Vorseals: Missing 2 HP(kills), 1 Atk(Choco Race)
(Also missing many dragon kill vorseals)
-UNMs: Missing 1 (not tumult, hes ded)
-Abyssea complete/Atma of the savior
-Monstrosity: Highest Monster Level 90 (Toad)
-Campaign Ops: 7/way too many
-Chocobo Digging: Amateur (only dug 30 items for RoE)
-Voidwatch complete - Missing 4 periapt, 9 atmacite
-All dyna-d full cleared/judge,jury,executioner
-Master trial: zero completions
-143/145 atma (missing fiat lux & guild signboard)
-65/65 abyssites
-677+ quests complete (pre-title hunt, needs recount)
-743/1056 titles
-927+ days playtime

To do: chocobo raising to end, 750 titles, 950 roe, fiat lux, buy useless guild items for titles (signboard, etc), conquest point purchases for titles (copper vouchers), unlock all monstrosity species (UGH), kill(s): ouryu cometh, the wyrmking descends, meeble burrows (batallia side)

Here's a question, do outpost warps unlocked carry over between nations? I can't remember. If not... I don't wanna be the person that tries to unlock every outpost warp for every nation just yet :x

And yeah, at this point I'm definitely still calling *** on the guy that said he was rank 8. Yeah. ok.

My next goal is all the limbus completions since I never did it when it was new content and got the boss titles
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2021-01-22 09:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been like 10 years since I switched nations, but I remember that you do keep your outpost warps when you change nations, but you won't keep things like torama canal access from heaven's tower without going through the quests... something like that.
 Lakshmi.Blackada
user: logsrus
By Lakshmi.Blackada 2021-01-22 11:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I took the 8 categories that have been revealed as contributing to Mastery Rank. I'm assuming here that each category gets one rank up since we got no better classification to assume. However that would give a max rank of 9 and we only know of people with max rank 7, and a suggestion that one person has rank 8.

I am Rank 4, but my completed stuff might suggest I should be Rank 6. I starred the ones I think I might qualify for a rank up:
(as a side thought perhaps Number of days played needs zero days, that would give everyone their Rank 1 and would put me as Rank 5)

*Number of days played 802 days

*Mission progression level All except 1. WoG:Storm’s Crescendo 2.ToAU Path of Darkness 3.Campaign 4.Assault

*Number of completed quests Quests 662/xxxx , ROE 705/xxxx

*Combat Skills / Magic Skills All combat skilled to cap, 6 magic not at cap (need 1000 lvls)

Synthesis Skill / Fishing Skill 104 70 53 1 0 17 40 2 80 / 110

*Number of Trusts 100/102

Battle Contents. Ex: Dynamis, Nyzul, MMM, Skirmish, Omen, and numerous others. Little – some Dynamis

Non-Battle Contents. Ex: Chocobo Racing, Mog Garden, Home Points, and numerous others. Some – Garden done, Home Points done
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-22 11:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If it is done in that way, I would think you have missions, skills and trusts.

Craft, quests, battle and nonbattle not quite there.

The time portion could be number of actual new days, instead of total time, and they could be gates to rank, nt a rank itself. Which youre totally clear on.

Crafts is probably really close though; I'm at 400 total craft skill and not there yet.... you're at 477. IF just crafting ranks up, try for 500.
Total crafting skills is 790 so probably needs to be at least 500-550. (skills gave rank +1 "low")((it could also be all crafts 50 and not total skill))

So much potential and not enough guinea pigs.
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-01-22 12:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering where you're getting 720 total skill for crafting? i'm at 710 total skills for it and i have 0 synergy (another 80 to add for 790 total)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-22 12:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot to hit + one extra time

Changes nothing, 500 minimum (or some minimum level of all crafts) still the lowest possible bar atm
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-22 12:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Blackada said: »
*Mission progression level: 3) Campaign. 4) Assault.

---

Synthesis Skill / Fishing Skill

---

Non-Battle Contents. Ex: Chocobo Racing, Mog Garden, Home Points, and numerous others. Some – Garden done, Home Points done

I had mentioned a number of pages back that Campaign Operations are categorized as missions and there is a potential of up to 150 unique Operations or so. Assaults are simple enough as you need all 50(+2) to complete Captain Rank.

Secondly, I noticed no one has made any mention of Synergy, unless my reading comprehension is just bad.

Third, please don't hate me for mentioning this but I've been mulling over the potential that Chocobo Racing can be split between "Betting" and "Participating." As well as the fact that they have a Chocobo Digging Campaign running currently and Digging may be another far far flung flag...
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-22 12:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Synergy simply lumped into crafting

....Chocobo digging does have a hidden rank, that could work in the nonbattle content
 Lakshmi.Blackada
user: logsrus
By Lakshmi.Blackada 2021-01-22 12:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Crafts is probably really close though; I'm at 400 total craft skill and not there yet.... you're at 477. IF just crafting ranks up, try for 500.
Total crafting skills is 790 so probably needs to be at least 500-550. (skills gave rank +1 "low")((it could also be all crafts 50 and not total skill))

I'll give crafting 500 a shot
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-22 12:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Synergy simply lumped into crafting

....Chocobo digging does have a hidden rank, that could work in the nonbattle content
OOOOH, i didn't even think about stupid chocobo digging. never did that.

edit: or campaign ops UGH. Those are in the missions menu and have are different for each stupid nation you align to UGH
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 47 48 49