Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-20 22:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing to do with limit breaks in the chateau

Paged. Annoying.
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's some form of point system wherein each quest/mission/ws unlock/master/Perma KI count as some indeterminate point value to an indeterminate maximum.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-20 23:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea done! Annnnnd still rank 6. Expected, but at least it's one more thing done! I'm still missing 4 atma (proto-omega, proto-ultima, guild signboard and fiat lux), but eh who cares for now

Rank 6:
-All Missions/addons complete
-Crafts capped (110 gold w/ escutcheon; ebisu+1/lu+1)
-All jobs mastered
-833 records of eminence
-Adoulin ring+1/ygnas
-Monster rearing: Missing 4 mementos (in progress)
-Maat's Cap
-All trusts
-All spells except cruel joke
-All mounts except chocobo (in progress)
-All skills capped
-11 REMA (1 relic, 3 mythics, 2 empy, 2 ergon, 3 aeonic)
-Max Fame everywhere
-Abyssea complete/Atma of the savior
-Voidwatch complete - Missing 4 periapt, 9 atmacite
-All dyna-d full cleared/judge,jury,executioner
-Master trial: zero completions
-141/145 atma
-65/65 abyssites
-677+ quests complete (pre-title hunt, needs recount)
-735/1056 titles
-923+ days playtime

To do: chocobo raising to end, 750 titles, 850 roe, fiat lux , buy useless guild items for titles (signboard, etc), conquest point purchases for titles (copper vouchers), kill(s): proto-omega, proto-ultima, arch-ultima, ouryu cometh, the wyrmking descends, meeble burrows (batallia side)
By Manque 2021-01-21 06:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

JP Devs replied to my post on the official forum.

QuestionCan you please give more info about Mastery Rank? In Freshly Squeezed ,you said "Mastery rank is determined by a combination of the clear status of various in-game contents and the comprehensive experience level of the player". Can you give us some more info besides this? What is in-game contents? Do titles matter? Is days spent playing related?

Dev Response
Hello. I confirmed as much information about Mastery Rank as I could that can be announced publically. I'll respond in a list.
  • Number of days played

• Mission progression level

• Number of completed quests

• Combat Skills / Magic Skills

• Synthesis Skill / Fishing Skill

• Number of Trusts

• Battle Contents. Ex: Dynamis, Nyzul, MMM, Skirmish, Omen, and numerous others.

• Non-Battle Contents. Ex: Chocobo Racing, Mog Garden, Home Points, and numerous others

Because titles are closely related (they say 'nearly equal'), titles received from clearing content are related to Mastery Rank. To give one example, the title "Expeditionary Trooper" received from doing an Expeditionary Force qualifies.

There are a wide number of things related to Mastery Rank, so please explore Vana'Diel in different ways!
[+]
By LightningHelix 2021-01-21 07:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fishing skill mastery rank hard gate, please, I want nothing more than to make people salty

(oh god chocobo racing too)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 07:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Manque said: »

As much as that looks helpful, it's not at all.

I've said everything on there, what would've been helpful is HOW not WHAT.

Q) How do I Rank up?
A) Do stuff.
... no ***, how much stuff. In what way.

Is rank 2 a specific set of goals, aka; the "missions" is always rank 2? Are they in order? What counts as "a mission" sub missions? titled missions? storyline missions? mini expansion missions? How many missions? Roz CoP and RoV is "enough" but is that because RoV has like 100 submissions? Is it chapters?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 07:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Crafting (obtain some amount of skill TOTAL not 110 a craft)
A high amount of quest completion
I got rank 3 from skilling up
All I did in the last HOUR was skill up great sword.
"mission progress +1"
.......... If it's something like unlocking portals (confluxes waypoints etc... I would've never found it, I clip everywhere, I have ZERO escha portals open, zero abyssea confluxes) a ton of guides and HP though.
It is 100% time gated
I just ranked from 1 > 2 by Finishing CoP (I also picked up Ulmia trust before I looked.... likely doesn't matter, but I did do it, so I said it)

Number of days played

Mission progression level

Number of completed quests

Combat Skills / Magic Skills

Synthesis Skill / Fishing Skill

Number of Trusts

Battle Contents. Ex: Dynamis, Nyzul, MMM, Skirmish, Omen, and numerous others.

Non-Battle Contents. Ex: Chocobo Racing, Mog Garden, Home Points, and numerous others
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-21 07:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Combat skills seem pretty evidently to be a point system(X skills above Y, Z total skill, etc). Number of trusts is also a point system(1 trust=1 point). Number of days, number of completed quests. I'm guessing the remainder probably follow the same trend, and there are multiple ways to satisfy the mission, battle content, and non-battle content requirements.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 07:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If they're sets

IE; missions IS +1, skill is +1 etc

I should have missions, skilling up, trust (it's literally impossible to get the rest right now that's unreasonable to make the amount higher than 86)

I've done all dynamis, 100 nyzul disk, beaten (a) MMM, cleared all omen, cleared all skirmish and don't have that rank+1

Every HP in the game, every survival guide in the game, mog garden (almost) completely 77777

I got my crafting to 110 + 70/70/70/70/70/0/0/0 and haven't gotten that one
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-21 07:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Seemed pretty evident to me that they are sets, given there are 8 and the max attained level seems to be 8. I interpreted the Title comment to mean that when they analyze the rank they probably just pull 'does player have X title' as the qualifier for a content or mission line being complete.
By Heck 2021-01-21 07:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Would chat frequency also play a factor? I remember their yearly moogle check also had that statistic. FFXI was/is suppose to be a social game too so maybe that was included in the formula for rank level.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 07:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

AND I even basically disproved skillup, I made a brand new account and fully capped every single skill on warrior (and ninja), no rank +1.

I got my "skill up rank +1" MUCH lower than capping everything.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-21 07:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

How about 7 categories(you start at rank 1?) and number of days as a gating factor for max rank as you suggested earlier?

I don't think it's just a raw points system where everything contributes to the same pool, as it's obvious you need significant diversity to actually get the higher ranks. It makes more sense from a design standpoint to have each category evaluate to complete or incomplete.

Do we have an example of a mule with a ton of play time, but nothing done? Is it still rank 1? Must be someone with a bazaar mule they never did anything but bazaar with for a couple years.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 08:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It does, which is what I've said the whole time... what matters is how much.

I got the "skill up" +1 at around 5500 "combat skill" or about 7000 " total skill" and couldn't replicate it on a second account (unless some amount of magic skill is required which I didn't get around to yet... burning out)
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-21 08:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't have to be a total, could be something like:

`X combat skills over 250 and Y magic skills over 250'

If you look at other games' achievement systems, that type of design is not too uncommon.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 08:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Great Sword, specifically is what pushed my rank up

So... what's the possiblities

~15 200+ skills (X)
~15 275+ skills (X)
~15 200+ skills WITH at least one being magic (?)
Total skill above "threshold" including at least one magic (?)
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-21 08:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

-total combat skill & total magic skill(seperate and both required)
-certain amount of skills over certain level(possibly seperate for combat and magic)

seems you ruled out total skill overall, unless you were time gated on the char you tried that for.. did you get the rankup at exactly 275?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 08:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't look after every single skill up, only at the end, cause I was bitching that I was still stuck at rank 2 after doing a TON of ***and didn't expect it to go up from skilling up.

Now that it's confirmed

That at least gives a clear(ish) goal I can look for.

(also, do merits count? Could I in theory, derank? it's so annoying)

Is the "missions rank+1" required before you can get the "skillup rank+1" (that could explain failure to replicate as well)
By Pantafernando 2021-01-21 08:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Its safe to assume the only relevant categories that affect mastery rank are just those mentioned by devs. I wouldnt consider merit as a part of it, or at least, a pretty insignificant part of it that can be ignored.

Also, i dont think they added so much complicated evaluation rule for each measure. I would separate all those mentioned variable in the two categories mentioned previously:

Category 1: content related

Category 2: character development

Its a pretty good starting point to consider each category have the same max value (100, or 100 points, or 50% to be more sugestive).

From this, each category will divide its completion evenly between subcategories below. For example:

Category 1: content related

Mission progression level (total points = 12,5)

Number of completed quests (total points = 12,5)

Battle Contents. Ex: Dynamis, Nyzul, MMM, Skirmish, Omen, and numerous others. (total points = 12,5)

Non-Battle Contents. Ex: Chocobo Racing, Mog Garden, Home Points, and numerous others (total points = 12,5)

Category 2: character development

Number of days played (total points = 12,5)

Combat Skills / Magic Skills (total points = 12,5)

Synthesis Skill / Fishing Skill (total points = 12,5)

Number of Trusts (total points = 12,5)

Rank 1 = 10 points
Rank 2 = 20 points

And so go on.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-21 08:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a decent point. They could give you a rank for each category, and take the average or lowest rank of the 8.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 08:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I'm going to skill up a magic job and see when/if I rank 2

h2h 440 dagger 404
sword 414 GS 420
Axe 433 GA 413
Scythe 322 PA 404
Katana 440 GK 279
Club 404 Staff 386
Arch 16 Marks 16
Throw 440 Guard 300
Eva 433 Shield 16
Parry 292

No Magic skill at all other than 16 ninjutsu (merits)
By Pantafernando 2021-01-21 09:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of those categories mentioned, i think the fastest one to get should be in order:

Trusts
Battle Content
Missions
Combat skills
Craft skills
Quests
Non-battle content
Days

Thats for me though
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 09:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It is -impossible- to obtain the trust rank +1 without staying subbed for all the events.

At any given day of the year 20+ trusts are literally impossible to obtain and the requirement is over 90 (I have not gotten the trust rank +1) ((not including matsui and UC))
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-21 09:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Manque said: »
Because titles are closely related (they say 'nearly equal'), titles received from clearing content are related to Mastery Rank. To give one example, the title "Expeditionary Trooper" received from doing an Expeditionary Force qualifies

I wonder if this means that specific titles could be triggers. Bummer, but at least we still know that I we do literally... Everything in the entire game we might figure something out someday -_-

And ugh I hate their example of Expeditionary Force. if I recall that has a party minimum AND level caps, so bummer on me ever doing that
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 09:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cape Terrigan is uncapped, you can go do that one

I did that one, someone actually shouted to do it a few years ago, so I went. So did a few people weirdly.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-21 09:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

shouters must have had some nostradamus info on meaningless future achievement ranks
By Pantafernando 2021-01-21 09:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That title is some vorseal requirenent, and a very easy one toget
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 09:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So the only data point for certain on "missions +1" is that it's less than 342 missions and more than 130 missions

RotZ Complete (16 missions)
RoV Complete (96 missions)
WotG Complete (53 missions)
CoP Complete (63 missions)
11 ToAU
86 SoA
4 Mini
12 Nation

That's what I had around the time I got rank 2 (IF!) sub missions count aka: 3-1 3-1a 3-1b 3-1c etc

And trust must be more than 90

Skill up I'm hoping to get narrowed down some right now.

Crafting is higher than 400 total skill and/or have a 110 and/or shield progress.

"Quests" is 300+

"battle content" kind of impossible to track... I've done pretty much anything I could think that falls into this category except meebles and more mmm (master trials and dyna D wave 3s)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-21 09:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
That title is some vorseal requirenent, and a very easy one toget
now we're talkin! I'm gonna pretend that's why they mentioned it <_<

vorseals eh? gotta catch em all

edit: On checking I'm missing the following vorseals:
2 hp vorseals (total escha monster kills)
2 def vorseals - beastmen hq headgear quest, odin II
1 attack vorseal - chocobo racing
1 magic acc vorseal - expeditionary force
1 magic attack vorseal - surged walk of echoes 15 - done

So uhh... evidentally I've done things I can't even remember, because there's a vorseal for clearing nyzul uncharted 100 floor boss, which I have the KI for, and I can not for the life of me remember doing.

Probably not related exactly to vorseals, but might as well unlock them and see if anything changes /nod
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-21 13:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I'm glad someone took the time to post on the Official Forums and the Developers actually answered.

I know the real question is: What is the exact (bare minimum) amount of self-development + time + content required in order to increase rank?

However, even with such a restricted answer from the Developers, this at least gives us an idea of how the system possibly counts/checks requirements.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-21 14:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean yes, confirmation is nice.

But, "do some missions" - Yes, obviously.
"Do some quests" - Yes, obviously.
"Do some crafting" - Yes, obviously.

Nah mean? It's the typical nonanswer answer.

"So you mean, that to rank up in the game... I, have to... play the game?" "Yeah"
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 47 48 49