Forum » FFXI » General » Primed For Adventure IV: A New Hope
Primed For Adventure IV: A New Hope
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-25 17:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Turmoil has engulfed the Galactic Republic!
jk

LIVE NOW! (as of this post)

https://sqex.to/LBG

Previous threads:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54607/primed-for-adventure

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54842/primed-for-adventure-2-electric-boogaloo/

...and I was taking a break from the game, I guess, and missed the third one entirely.

Be sure to take to Twitter and use the hash tag #FFXI (not #FFXIV) and our Community Managers will see your questions, comments, and concerns.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-25 17:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Good times.
[+]
By Rips 2020-09-25 18:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna moon them on screen... wait for it.
By Rips 2020-09-25 18:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I was too late.
[+]
By Rips 2020-09-25 18:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

"I should have given you lead because I have to be engaged." (Trusts)

Reply: "Oh, right..."

This girl on screen is so bored lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Viers
Server: Bahamut
user: Vires
By Bahamut.Viers 2020-09-25 18:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully Aeonova is teaching them about memes during this odyssey run.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-09-25 18:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Free ejiin from his carbon prison...

[+]
By Draylo 2020-09-25 18:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The moderators just going to delete those spam posts lol
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [180 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-03-24 06:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

By Asura.Aeonova 2021-03-18 04:03:33:
Asura.Aeonova said: »
I was literally just thinking that I hadn't heard from or seen the NA Community Team in a while.

6 days later:

[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-24 07:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

They will probably finish the stream around lvl 10 at Valkurm :D
By RadialArcana 2021-03-24 08:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If I was doing this, I would make contact with some youtuber or streamer and ask if they could facilitate me into their groups on bard or cor or something.

Could start off with some casual leveling to show how trusts work and then move into ambuscade, omen and Odyssey. I'm sure the known content creators would be happy to help.

Ultimately this isn't meant for us, it's meant for XIV players or some other group (she is known to them mainly). The mentality at Square Enix Online division seems to have switched a while ago, they actively want XIV players to also play XI during downtime. Since they profit form both games. They know they will go back for major patches.

I come across a lot of XIV players when I'm helping people, or on casual groups etc.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-03-24 08:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It only took them 5 months to get around to the next stream in the series.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-03-24 08:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

I think they were talking about doing this every 3 months, but then social distancing and remote work-from-home came up which shook up like... all the things(plans).

To be fair, I don't really know anybody that actually watches Twitch streams of games. Why watch someone else play the game you're playing? I get walkthroughs, reviews, and speedruns, but just casuals derpin' around... is something I don't understand. The "casuals" commend wasn't directed at the NA Community Team, btw. They are actually game staff. I'm talking about like every other online game I play where some random player(s) pastes (possible spams) their Twitch url in chat. I get that children seem to enjoy it; which is why Southpark had Ike and his kindergarten classmates being in love with Pewdiepie.

Honestly, the only thing I've ever really thought SE should focus on is a detailed walkthrough of how to get the game set up like with the download/install/POL/SquareEnixAccount/SecurityToken/RegisteringRewardCodes stuff as you really have to jump through hoops to actually play this game.

Like... when I have 16 characters active on one account and it asks me to make a different content ID go live when I try to switch between the first 8 and second 8... is something that wouldn't be obvious to a noob. Also, the free Chocobo Shirt and Desterier (sp?) Beret registration isn't exactly super obvious on how to obtain.

Anyhoo, I look forward to the stream. Anything that comes out of SquareEnix to show that they know this game still exists is a positive, in my eyes; even if it is only once every 6 months.

Note: Actually, since this is going to be a stream directed towards new players and "driven by player choices along the way", may I suggest that how to obtain the Chocobo Shirt and Destrier Beret is shown. That would be a thing to do.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-03-24 09:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, the only thing I've ever really thought SE should focus on is a detailed walkthrough of how to get the game set up like with the download/install/POL/SquareEnixAccount/SecurityToken/RegisteringRewardCodes stuff as you really have to jump through hoops to actually play this game.

Like... when I have 16 characters active on one account and it asks me to make a different content ID go live when I try to switch between the first 8 and second 8... is something that wouldn't be obvious to a noob. Also, the free Chocobo Shirt and Desterier (sp?) Beret registration isn't exactly super obvious on how to obtain.

Note: Actually, since this is going to be a stream directed towards new players and "driven by player choices along the way", may I suggest that how to obtain the Chocobo Shirt and Destrier Beret is shown. That would be a thing to do.

they probably shouldn't advertise how convoluted their most basic systems are, it makes them look bad and jp are prideful
[+]
By Foxfire 2021-03-24 09:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

if anything, someone needs to give matsui and fujito a course on how to present themselves in front of a damn webcam they look so goofy

smh
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-03-24 09:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

they probably shouldn't advertise how convoluted their most basic systems are, it makes them look bad and jp are prideful

Or maybe the system is so confusing they aren't sure how it works exactly and can't really tell you until they ask a senior developer who used to work on that particular task.
By Chaplin 2021-03-24 10:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If they even still work there at all.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-03-24 12:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they were talking about doing this every 3 months, but then social distancing and remote work-from-home came up which shook up like... all the things(plans).

Yes, however, they were already managing one stream every 2.5 to 3 months in the middle of COVID-19 work-from-home procedures last year. The fact it's now been 5 months at the very least means something was going on behind the scenes that was preventing them from doing so.

To be fair, I don't really know anybody that actually watches Twitch streams of games. Why watch someone else play the game you're playing? I get walkthroughs, reviews, and speedruns, but just casuals derpin' around... is something I don't understand. The "casuals" commend wasn't directed at the NA Community Team, btw. They are actually game staff. I'm talking about like every other online game I play where some random player(s) pastes (possible spams) their Twitch url in chat. I get that children seem to enjoy it; which is why Southpark had Ike and his kindergarten classmates being in love with Pewdiepie.

Some people just enjoy the experience of watching someone else play something. Some as you stated are watching to get a feel for "is this game I should buy/play." I know someone watch game twitch streams just as a social aspect to "hang out" without actually going outside their house. It's sort of like old school AOL chatrooms but with a video stream on the side.

Anyhoo, I look forward to the stream. Anything that comes out of SquareEnix to show that they know this game still exists is a positive, in my eyes; even if it is only once every 6 months.

Same.
By Mattelot 2021-03-24 12:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people just enjoy the experience of watching someone else play something. Some as you stated are watching to get a feel for "is this game I should buy/play." I know someone watch game twitch streams just as a social aspect to "hang out" without actually going outside their house. It's sort of like old school AOL chatrooms but with a video stream on the side.

I agree with Aeonova's position on this but I am objective. I like watching some videos of people doing certain accomplishments but I just never understood simply watching someone else casually play something.

I do remember AOL chatrooms. Same concept as mIRC. People just talked about anything. Most would be too distracted by the stream, making comments, etc.

I do know some who watch streams to troll the streamers. Watching them claim killing a streamer will get you banned or them talking about how they deserve things over anyone else just because they play in front of a camera or other silly stuff.

Different strokes
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-03-24 12:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
if anything, someone needs to give matsui and fujito a course on how to present themselves in front of a damn webcam they look so goofy

smh
Is fujito the one that always look so sad/overworked?? lmao poor guy
By Foxfire 2021-03-24 13:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

probably. they're producer and director respectively, so they're the ones who present in the ffxi digests

which isn't a bad thing, it's nice they have the initiative to create these even if they're still tight-lipped on the more interesting things, but they look like someone's dad and your avg nerd thrown in front of a camera and told to read a script

to be fair, those two things are probably true, but they're the best descriptions i can think of
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-26 17:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This dumpsterfire is lit

https://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxi
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-03-26 17:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The streamers are really likeable. It's a super wholesome little event. I love this :D
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-03-26 18:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

A new player/returning stream. It's actually pretty good. They definitely took time to plan this out and it's paying off.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-03-26 21:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That was pretty cool