It's That Time Again!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 35 36 37
 Asura.Angenard
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Angenard
By Asura.Angenard 2020-09-23 16:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I get a "F" in the chat bois!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-09-23 16:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Draylo said: »
Thorny with some reasoning, I've said something similar but I don't get + because I'm not in the popular crew I guess. Yall got some popularity contests going on here lol.

was the opposite like 5 years ago, lol

Never know what you gonna get around here sometimes. >.>
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-23 16:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
For anyone that doesn't know Ejiin is live on twitch talking about the ban, if that's your thing.

more than willing to discuss with ejiin the reasons why he could have gotten banned. if interested please pm your discord we can do a voice chat :). tuning into his stream though the dude just seems straight up delusional.

gonna quote myself again. it's disappointing this guy is passing off to his viewers that what he does is acceptable.

i'd encourage people not to use the addons listed if they want to make sure they don't get banned
[+]
By Hirameki 2020-09-23 16:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
I did indeed get banned on all of my characters.

The only information about the ban they'd give me was "cheat action verified by logs"

I do not use tako/pos hacks, bidder or bot at all, but I am very open about using addons that make the game a more enjoyable experience that don't hurt the experience of other players.

It's a crap shoot of what I could have been reported for since SE probably defines every addon as a cheat action, it's just really unfortunate they aren't more clear about what's allowed and what's not. I've always said in the past if they were more clear with their policies I'd follow them, but until then it's about making a 18 year old game fun, and playing 100% vanilla IS NOT FUN and they're hopeless if they expect people to.

I'm still in shock that someone can devote their life to making FFXI better for the community and my thank you from SE is a resounding "*** you, we don't care"

It's unfortunately that this happened. I'm a subscriber to your youtube channel and I really enjoy the FFXI content you produced. I hope you continue to produce content on your other chars. Best of luck.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2020-09-23 16:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone that doesn't know Ejiin is live on twitch talking about the ban, if that's your thing.

more than willing to discuss with ejiin the reasons why he could have gotten banned. if interested please pm your discord we can do a voice chat :). tuning into his stream though the dude just seems straight up delusional.

gonna quote myself again. it's disappointing this guy is passing off to his viewers that what he does is acceptable.

i'd encourage people not to use the addons listed if they want to make sure they don't get banned

I'm still surprised you still "care" after you've said a few times already that you don't care.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-09-23 16:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »

I'm still surprised you still "care" after you've said a few times already that you don't care.
Right lol guy quoting himself for something he is wrong on also. SE can ban you for any addon it doesn't matter what it is or does. If they felt like it tomorrow they could say if you not playing vanilla game you getting banned.
By Draylo 2020-09-23 16:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Just restart your character already. We've all been there and someone posted that chart earlier, hes in the denial/angry phase lol. Just try to stay away from the POS hack/speed, and riskier addons like automation on your main. Just my advice. SE doesn't care that much at all, you were literally placed on a list and executed randomly. Nobody is out to get you constantly reporting, they aren't that vigilant in this old game they barely care about (sadly.)
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-23 16:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
I'm still in shock that someone can devote their life to making FFXI better for the community and my thank you from SE is a resounding "*** you, we don't care"
Gotta say, this gave a good chuckle.
By Felgarr 2020-09-23 16:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you guys remember SE's stern warnings about Windower from 2003-2006?

We were forced to play in full screen, because apparently being able to alt-tab to Allakhazam was against TOS.

SE needs to adapt to the needs of their players...but with no dedicated developers, the third-Party tools developers are the ones who fill in the gaps, when a player-need arises.
[+]
By Rips 2020-09-23 16:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I just disocvered this guy on Youtbue a week ago.

RIP.

~Rips
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-09-23 16:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
We were forced to play in full screen, because apparently being able to alt-tab to Allakhazam was against TOS.

I remember hearing the chime from MSN Messenger and having to shut down to see who messaged me.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-23 16:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
i think ejin's more disappointed that they won't give him an actual answer as to why he got banned instead of a vague statement
Well, yeah, do you think SE wants to give away reasons so people will be better at hiding it next time?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-09-23 16:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just restart your character already. We've all been there and someone posted that chart earlier, hes in the denial/angry phase lol. Just try to stay away from the POS hack/speed, and riskier addons like automation on your main. Just my advice. SE doesn't care that much at all, you were literally placed on a list and executed randomly. Nobody is out to get you constantly reporting, they aren't that vigilant in this old game they barely care about (sadly.)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-09-23 16:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I fixed it but you fixed it before I fixed it
I'm glad you fixed my fix for me after I fixed the fix that you fixed before I fixed. Thanks

Also I take back the thanks for making me look like I am talking to myself..
[+]
By Rips 2020-09-23 16:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm watching this guys stream.

He's so sad lol. :(
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-23 16:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

We've all been there
Nope, never once been banned.

Hell, I have never been GM warned before.

Even though it's been years, I only talked to GMs about reporting ***, either glitches to my character or the obvious bots.

But I have never been banned.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-09-23 16:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

u go girl
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-23 17:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just saying not to assume that everyone is like you.
By RadialArcana 2020-09-23 17:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think this was because of outing himself with in-game chat channels that are logged and saved on your pc (maybe even going into depth about it), whatever he did he did for many years and people reported him before so why dd he get banned now? They didn't add new systems to catch people.

Something was different now. I think he said something obvious in a chat channel and they either saw it when they were watching him after a report or they caught it in a log. All these logs are saved on your computer, I've read my own.

People are way too casual about talking about this stuff, and we shouldn't be.

Check the logs in ffxi > temp > your characters name
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-23 17:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Check the logs in ffxi > temp > your characters name

That's not how any of this works. These files are stored on your PC and never sent to the server. They would not examine your local copy, that is just used by the client.

They do have server side logs for all forms of chat. This does not include things like /echo or typed double / commands, like the drooling babble a few pages ago indicated.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-23 17:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure, it is literally in the chat box. I don't know.

Again though, not that I think they would use it, but I imagine it IS there for them to see.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-23 17:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Echo is a command in damn near every scripting system there is, used only to show client side output.

That said, you can easily pull up a packet logger and see your outgoing traffic to verify. There is very little outgoing in most circumstances, just header and 0x15 chunks. When you echo, nothing else shows up in outgoing, and there isn't enough space in the 0x15 to compress the text into.

Any chat that is sent to others is certainly logged and verifiable, but the server is always the authority for anything like that. They aren't requesting your client to send your local logs; they're making their own.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-09-23 17:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Echo is a command in damn near every scripting system there is, used only to show client side output.

That said, you can easily pull up a packet logger and see your outgoing traffic to verify. There is very little outgoing in most circumstances, just header and 0x15 chunks. When you echo, nothing else shows up in outgoing, and there isn't enough space in the 0x15 to compress the text into.

Any chat that is sent to others is certainly logged and verifiable, but the server is always the authority for anything like that. They aren't requesting your client to send your local logs; they're making their own.

Yup.

Nothing after a "/" that isn't a legitimate command is sent to the server. Only the associated action.

So all of those people afraid to use "//" and opt to only type in the console in fears of accidentally sending a "/superduper Beastman's Medal 99,999" instead of "//superduper Beastman's Medal 99,999" need not worry.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-09-23 17:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure, it is literally in the chat box. I don't know.
100% sure, just came here to post the same thing Thorny did because someone asked about it on the Windower discord after seeing your half baked posts.
[+]
By GwenStacy 2020-09-23 17:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Idiots in Ejiin's chat saying that if he quits that a bunch of people are going to quit also and that SE is going to see a dramatic drop in subs!! omg!!
By patience 2020-09-23 17:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is never going to tell anyone why they were banned exactly. They know for well as soon as they do that whoever is writing the offending addon can clean up their script to keep from detection. They would be making a bad situation worse. It would get out of control. By keeping vague they keep what minimal control they currently have without investing any actual effort.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-23 17:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread said:
Windower is cheating.

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
SE is hit or miss

YouTube Video Placeholder

ksoze said: »
Time for memes?

I was asleep. Let me get warmed up and I'll come up with something in a bit. Gotta read previous posts and catch up.
[+]
By Mrxi 2020-09-23 17:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

GwenStacy said: »
Idiots in Ejiin's chat saying that if he quits that a bunch of people are going to quit also and that SE is going to see a dramatic drop in subs!! omg!!
They only care about the JP subs.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 35 36 37