It's That Time Again!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 35 36 37
By RadialArcana 2020-09-30 10:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost all of us break the ToS every day, I didn't see Ejin do anything far above what most of us do. He was just more effective at it. If we agree he deserved it them we also have to agree we do too, you can't use Gearswap or ffxidb and think that's ok but what he did isn't.

There is no grey area to the STF and we don't get to decide what is ok and what isn't, it's all bad. I posted about getting temp banned 15 years ago for an mpk on a fish bot, to me the grey are was it was a RMT fish bot so who cares. The GM does not care what I thought, I performed an MPK against a character and I got a ban for it. Using any addon is the same, you don't get a conversation you just get banned.

The real reason some people are upset he got banned is because what is acceptable and what isn't just changed in their minds. Most people thought "well they won't ban for this or that" and now they know they will, if they can prove it. This is why some people are demonizing anchor above all the stuff he used that they do too, cause that's the on they don't use and they want to feel safe carrying on using those other things.

What happened to him is honestly about being a blabbermouth, and he should of known better than to be so open about what he does with in-game chat systems. People do the same with dmg parses.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Miraeldito
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Miraeldito 2020-09-30 10:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Ragnarok.Miraeldito said: »
Ragnarok.Galiber said: »
Felgarr said: »
No one ever needs to be THIS close to your face. Also, the light ring reflection in your eyes is unnerving. I had to hide the video and just listen to the audio :/

Tbh, I kinda like both the closeness and the reflection, but I am sorry if it bothered you. :)

I clearly made this video to stir the pot a bit, and it would seem to be working, definitely my most hated video so far, but hey a reaction is a reaction. And I thank you for taking the time to watch it.

The one thing I don't get though, is this huge hate towards Ejin, I mean the guy is clearly a super nice guy, always answers to everyone, chats with everyone on his twitch, is always open about everything he does, to the point of making videos about it from which I'm sure 90% of viewers profited.
Yeah, you can consider him a cheater I guess, but I'd have to put myself and most of the ppl I know in that category, and I guess whoever uses even minor addons like distance and timers plugin.

Glad to be proven wrong, but I suspect a lot of that hate comes from jealousy.

I'm at work so didnt have time to watch the video yet, but I totaly agree with the bold sentence.
Anything that change game's mechanics from how it is thought by SE, even if it does not affect other players, could be considered cheating.
For example if macro system was designed with only 6 lines of commands, even using windower macro, make the game easier than it was meant to be, maybe only by a tinny percentage, but it does.
So yes, SE could look at any of the addons, even distance plugin, as a cheat becouse they allow to beat the game more comfortably or easily.
They dont care to take actions in most of the minor cases? likely
Can they bear this "policy" being heralded in pubblic? I doubt

Dude using this or wiki are cheats according to the ToS, literally everything.

I'm saing about the same you say, everything that break the ToS can lead to a ban, and there is a large ammount of things in the category.
know can happen, is up to you to chose to run risk.

RadialArcana said: »
Almost all of us break the ToS every day, I didn't see Ejin do anything far above what most of us do. He was just more effective at it. If we agree he deserved it them we also have to agree we do too, you can't use Gearswap or ffxidb and think that's ok but what he did isn't.

There is no grey area to the STF and we don't get to decide what is ok and what isn't, it's all bad. I posted about getting temp banned 15 years ago for an mpk on a fish bot, to me the grey are was it was a RMT fish bot so who cares. The GM does not care what I thought, I performed an MPK against a character and I got a ban for it. Using any addon is the same, you don't get a conversation you just get banned.

The real reason some people are upset he got banned is because what is acceptable and what isn't just changed in their minds. Most people thought "well they won't ban for this or that" and now they know they will, if they can prove it. This is why some people are demonizing anchor above all the stuff he used that they do too, cause that's the on they don't use and they want to feel safe carrying on using those other things.

What happened to him is honestly about being a blabbermouth, and he should of known better than to be so open about what he does with in-game chat systems. People do the same with dmg parses.

thats a good point
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-09-30 12:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

People demonize anchor (though I probably wouldn't phrase it like that) because it changes the nature of enemy behavior, not because of any of the things you said.

I doubt that was the one thing that was singled out for his ban.

Quote:
The real reason some people are upset he got banned is because what is acceptable and what isn't just changed in their minds. Most people thought "well they won't ban for this or that" and now they know they will, if they can prove it.

This isn't really true either. People are upset because he was high profile, tried to be helpful (even if you disagree with his solutions), and seemed like a nice enough guy. It also highlighted the fact that (very) old strikes on an account can cause permabans where a temp ban might have been more appropriate.
[+]
By Littleflame 2020-09-30 12:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

SE when its "That time again"

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-09-30 13:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You get one temp ban and the next is perma. Doesn't matter what you do. You don't get 2 temps.

Warning > nuclear weapon.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-09-30 13:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm aware and that's a terrible system.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-09-30 18:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yall honestly think SE is looking at his streams? FFXI related content barely gets any views, to think the DEVs or any GMs are actually looking at it to ban him seems really outlandish. More likely his complete automation 24/7 triggered a flag to put him on a list or he did something not being mentioned.
By Mattelot 2020-09-30 18:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps not, Draylo. But streaming doing something against the rules can potentially put a target on your back.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-30 18:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone watched the stream, got a jealousy *** and reported what they saw. probably. This is why you don't film yourself breakin the law/rules.

While square "never uses out of game evidence as proof" It's still dumb to do. There's always some hater trying to shoot you down, which actually I'm shocked no one has popped up with a new account "I'm the one who reported him"
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-09-30 19:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What if someone with a current account did and didn't care? :o
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-30 19:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If you've got a big enough hate *** to bother to report someone, you absolutely revel in it. That's SOP.

You would never know if it was your report, but no one even saying "I've reported it" is interesting (to me). Being that I used to get messages from people telling me they reported me/mine before I started using a mule name vs main.
By Mattelot 2020-09-30 19:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've reported people a couple times. I admitted it. I don't care if someone rages at me about it. Don't be a ***.

I don't know the streamer in question as I don't watch streamers. I just find it odd that people get so defensive about them. Never understood that.
[+]
By Meekriot 2020-09-30 19:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

They could have seen his streams or YouTube content. I mean, he's arguably one of the most popular content creators for FFXI.

Not only did he exploit the system, he created tutorials on YouTube showing others how to do it, too. He also had a train of 5 characters auto-following him everywhere he'd go. We all remember RMT doing that back in the day, it stands out like a sore thumb when you see that still.

I have nothing against him and wish he hadn't gotten banned. I actually enjoyed his content a lot personally, but he definitely broke the Terms of Service and made himself a huge target.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-30 19:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Someone watched the stream, got a jealousy *** and reported what they saw. probably. This is why you don't film yourself breakin the law/rules.

While square "never uses out of game evidence as proof" It's still dumb to do. There's always some hater trying to shoot you down, which actually I'm shocked no one has popped up with a new account "I'm the one who reported him"

They might not ban you for out of game evidence, but they don't say jack about using that out of game evidence to start their own in-game investigation.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-09-30 21:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

They might not ban you for out of game evidence, but they don't say jack about using that out of game evidence to start their own in-game investigation.

This makes sense to me. I can see a single report stemming from a stream, can get you put on a watchlist...it would only be a matter of time before you repeat what you did on stream.....Wow, that really sucks for the streamer ...but I guess don't film yourself then ...I dunno -_-
 Lakshmi.Notrooks
Xenocide
Server: Lakshmi
user: NotRooks
By Lakshmi.Notrooks 2020-09-30 21:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Page twenty eh

Shine on, you crazy diamonds
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-30 23:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Just cause, one more time, the horse is dead and we all know it.....

Also, ffs, this needs reiterated:

That said, vanilla is your safe bet. We all know this, harping on it is pretty *** grade school.
Just cause every 5 pages we all need a reminder?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-10-06 06:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ejin said a while ago I think that he started using a VPN to stop himself being logged out on all his characters, timeouts or something.

Read that Blizzard do or at least did ban people or put them on watch lists for VPN usage (since obviously people who do bad things are going to use them and they are also used to bypass region locks like China), so that's something else to keep in mind I guess.

When someone has a wild IP change on their account it could mean they sold it or it was stolen, so it could trigger an investigation.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-06 08:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

SE does not care if you use a VPN or change IPs. I know y'all are desperate to find a reason it can't have been your favorite addons, but face facts.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-10-06 08:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Meekriot said: »
They could have seen his streams or YouTube content. I mean, he's arguably one of the most popular content creators for FFXI.
lol but he's never made content ..
By RadialArcana 2020-10-06 09:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
SE does not care if you use a VPN or change IPs. I know y'all are desperate to find a reason it can't have been your favorite addons, but face facts.

If you use the same addons for years and suddenly get banned after recently starting to use a VPN it's more likely cause of one rather than the other.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-06 09:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

No, not really.

Do 90 in a 50 for 20 years and today there just happens to be a cop there... it's not the new headlights you bought that got you arrested.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-06 09:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use the same addons for years and suddenly get banned after recently starting to use a VPN it's more likely cause of one rather than the other.

I employ tons of different vpns in my rmt business and I can personally assure you they don't use vpns or IP changes as a criteria to do anything.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-10-06 10:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Meekriot said: »
lol but he's never made content ..

lol but you've never made content on ffxiah
By RadialArcana 2020-10-06 10:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

No, not really.

Do 90 in a 50 for 20 years and today there just happens to be a cop there... it's not the new headlights you bought that got you arrested.

Sure but that's not how it works on a video game is it, GMs don't just hang around while eating their doughnuts in the lillith BCNM.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-06 10:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

No, not really.

Sure but that's not how it works on a video game is it, GMs don't just hang around while eating their doughnuts in the lillith BCNM.
They generally don't go looking at twitch streams or youtube videos either.

A better analogy would be that the STF is the FBI, they won't do a damn thing until somebody tips them off.
 Ragnarok.Soyven
Server: Ragnarok
user: Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-10-06 10:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

this thread should've been called "it's broken record time again"
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 35 36 37