It's That Time Again!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 35 36 37
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-09-24 21:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-24 22:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Redundant post due to the above post finally being encoded correctly.

Since I've got nothing for this post now, here is a picture of a rabbit with a pancake on its head.

Thank you for the mention in the video. That was a nice treat.
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2020-09-24 22:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

the hitler vid is always this kind of thread's climax
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-09-24 22:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I give up trying to upload this video -

https://www.captiongenerator.com/1976592/Ejiin-got-banned

Welcome to the Nazi Family bud.
 Sylph.Lynh
Server: Sylph
user: Lynh
By Sylph.Lynh 2020-09-24 22:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL--I'm tearing up laughing.. you win the meme contest! <3 this video.

"Optimistic? Are you seeing the memes? Nickeny, Aeonova and some dude with 5 posts"

Haha..I'm the girl with 5 posts, now 6, but I promise I'm not a sock puppet--I just rarely post.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-09-24 22:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lynh said: »
Haha..I'm the girl with 5 posts, now 6, but I promise I'm not a sock puppet--I just rarely post.

6 now ~ Welcome to the team - Aeonova will ship you your membership card for the meme team
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-24 23:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

6 now ~ Welcome to the team - Aeonova will ship you your membership card for the meme team

Sometimes it is fun to tell stories with your memes. That 100% totally doesn't mean you're crazy.

[+]
By DrAntiSocial 2020-09-25 00:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I lost it at the he didnt mean that WHM mule lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2020-09-25 00:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Edit: Redundant post due to the above post finally being encoded correctly.

Since I've got nothing for this post now, here is a picture of a rabbit with a pancake on its head.

Thank you for the mention in the video. That was a nice treat.

Is that how packets get manipulated? :o
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-25 00:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-25 00:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

[+]
By Dazusu 2020-09-25 01:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
it's just really unfortunate they aren't more clear about what's allowed and what's not.

i use as many tools as the next guy, but this is a weak/naive statement - they are explicitly clear that no addons/third-party tools that modify gameplay are allowed, that's a blanket cover for 'windower' and 'ashita'
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-25 01:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just cause, one more time, the horse is dead and we all know it.....

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Also, ffs, this needs reiterated:

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
That said, vanilla is your safe bet. We all know this, harping on it is pretty *** grade school.
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2020-09-25 01:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
.... so what you're saying is you are entitled to actual GOOD players to carry you thru content... but you don't get that if they BOT!?

Considering the median age for players of XI, it's almost saddening to see people still talking as if they were hit with arrested development at the tender teenage age they started playing.

That said, zero of my point(s) has to do with being carried through anything, in fact, the multi-botting is enabling the carrying "thru" content. It's the exact opposite.

From the arguments I've seen, people apparently can't wait for non-shitters to also be off work so they have to harvest accounts via RMT or collecting their friends who don't play anymore accounts like pokemon, then unironically pretend as if that's all they do and is the only reason for doing so. "I just use XI to chat and do content by myself, because there isn't a huge population to play with when I'm on, so let me contribute to worsening that problem".

Sure, makes sense. It's just disingenuous, none of these people shout for ***prior to loading up their windower controlled trusts, and if they do it's to sell something. It's not a second option when they can't find people to play with, it's their first and only option.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-09-25 01:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This topic is so much fun. Goodbye Ejin. So long!

LOL--I'm tearing up laughing.. you win the meme contest! <3 this video.

"Optimistic? Are you seeing the memes? Nickeny, Aeonova and some dude with 5 posts"

Verifying that this is a real person. Holy ***I haven't seen this name for a very long while. Why the hell come back now lol...
[+]
By ksoze 2020-09-25 01:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
By Pantafernando 2020-09-25 02:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Memes said: »
I just wanna know what DM augments he had for his SAM now.

3/5 Valorous STR+15, acc/att+30, WSD+10, Skillchain Dmg+5, CHR+3
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-09-25 02:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
You should have seen the medals thread from last year. (I just found out it was deleted. I just assumed it was locked and fell off the recent threads list).

Actually could un-ban fono.
[+]
By ksoze 2020-09-25 02:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Asura.Memes said: »
I just wanna know what DM augments he had for his SAM now.

3/5 Valorous STR+15, acc/att+30, WSD+10, Skillchain Dmg+5, CHR+3

you forgot "able to cast impact and knights of the round"
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-09-25 02:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish Square would change their stance on permanent records, I got a termp ban 13 years ago when I trained a goblin on a RMT fishing bot. At the very least there should be a 5 year amnesty or something.

Isn't there an interview with a community manager soon on a podcast, they should bring it up with them.
[+]
By ksoze 2020-09-25 02:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Isn't there an interview with a community manager soon on a podcast, they should bring it up with them.

dude, was that you *** around with my fishing bot?
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-25 03:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
I wish Square would change their stance on permanent records, I got a termp ban 13 years ago when I trained a goblin on a RMT fishing bot. At the very least there should be a 5 year amnesty or something.

Doubt NA Community Managers have any pull or influence with the way anything is handled regarding JP SquareEnix's choices about anything that they do. It would be nice if they did, but I see them in more of a press-secretary-like role. They have certain things they are allowed to say and/or cover that is planned out in advance before each live stream session.

They are players too though and do read threads on this forum so they know what you want them to ask/say/talk about, but I don't think they are allowed. Maybe Sicycre's podcast interview will be more free and open (looking forward to it), but their livestream on the official twitch channel is going to be much more reserved and limited to actual game content. I don't think they get to bring anything to JP SquareEnix's Directors or Producers. It would be nice if the company worked that way, however, I don't know of any large companies that do work like that.

Asura.Panasync said: »
.... so what you're saying is you are entitled to actual GOOD players to carry you thru content... but you don't get that if they BOT!?

Considering the median age for players of XI, it's almost saddening to see people still talking as if they were hit with arrested development at the tender teenage age they started playing.

That said, zero of my point(s) has to do with being carried through anything, in fact, the multi-botting is enabling the carrying "thru" content. It's the exact opposite.

From the arguments I've seen, people apparently can't wait for non-shitters to also be off work so they have to harvest accounts via RMT or collecting their friends who don't play anymore accounts like pokemon, then unironically pretend as if that's all they do and is the only reason for doing so. "I just use XI to chat and do content by myself, because there isn't a huge population to play with when I'm on, so let me contribute to worsening that problem".

Sure, makes sense. It's just disingenuous, none of these people shout for ***prior to loading up their windower controlled trusts, and if they do it's to sell something. It's not a second option when they can't find people to play with, it's their first and only option.

[+]
 Asura.Panasync
By Asura.Panasync 2020-09-25 03:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What did you need assistance with?

In-regards to your comments about the NA community team you're right, that's exactly how it worked at least a few years ago according to some of the community managers at the time. Basically said that they didn't have much if any pull for NA issues, at least in terms of any sorts of suggestions or decisions, mostly in regards to XIV, but pretty safe to say that also goes for XI if not more so.
By ksoze 2020-09-25 03:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Well I listed exactly what I used, and most should know I don't really try to hide any facts of what I do. I turned most the stuff I used that I thought got me banned last time. It narrowed it down to only using these two exploitative features. I guess no-knockback could be a reason too, so there ya go.

i'm trying to figure why ppl are freaking out about anchor and using vanilla.

Elidyr was the one mentioning first about anchor / no-knockback.

Looking at the addon it only modifies an incoming packet:
Code
windower.register_event('incoming chunk', check_incoming_chunk)

Meaning it cannot be tracked by the server based on using the addon alone. It needs tough calculations to track this.

Sometimes when knocked back, not everyone is affected. fi if you are dodging. so there are also exceptions and likely false positives with this.

Anyway my conclusion of this, is that the bans were not based on this or some intern is manually checking every log entry which would be nuts.

Please correct me if i'm wrong or you have another opinion.

Also, why panic on using windower?
Windower has been solid for so long, and you can assume the addons coming with windower are good. If you are installing custom stuff, then you might question this.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-09-25 04:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »
Meaning it cannot be tracked by the server based on using the addon alone. It needs tough calculations to track this.

It works essentially the same as a POS hack. The 0x028 the server sends contains the information for how far back you should be knocked. You send your position back to the server. It's not a difficult calculation -- expected-actual. They wouldn't need an intern to track it manually. Their POS detector probably picks it up.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-25 04:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What did you need assistance with?

Sorry. I wasn't following the back-and-forth you were having with whoever you quoted so I was totally thrown off. Pay no attention to me. *scuttles away*

[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-25 04:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus, calm down.... Also, quit playing on Asura, ***is seriously screwing with you..... Good grief. Asura =\= all the rest. Bitching about mercing/botting whilst also living in the heart of it, my lanta.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-09-25 05:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-09-25 06:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

'eijin didnt mean that, whm mule' rofl
By RadialArcana 2020-09-25 06:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »

It works essentially the same as a POS hack. The 0x028 the server sends contains the information for how far back you should be knocked. You send your position back to the server. It's not a difficult calculation -- expected-actual. They wouldn't need an intern to track it manually. Their POS detector probably picks it up.

I dunno why people are going on about anchor all the time, if it was detectable then Ejin would of been banned many years ago.

You think a 5-6 boxer wasn't using this for the past 4-5+ years?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 35 36 37