Link | Quote | Reply

plan Volume 1, June 2023, Quadav
tank rdm cor brd whm dd
whm Barpetra Barstonra
Rdm haste 2 all pt and on boss do Addle II
cor magnus roll sam roll
brd Sentinel's Scherzo and Gold Capriccio song march1 att2
And on boss do Pining Nocturne

tank pull boss on corner..dd kill adds first and after spawn Bozzetto Elementalist rdm bind boss on corner
all go 30'yalm from boss then kill Bozzetto Elementalist
all set gear dt meva pld do ja rampart Fealty then go kill boss
 Bahamut.Autherius
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Autherius
By Bahamut.Autherius 2023-06-17 23:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aragan said: »
tank rdm cor brd whm dd
whm Barpetra Barstonra
cor magnus roll sam roll
brd ice caroll2 march2 att2

tank pull boss on corner..dd kill adds first and after spawn Bozzetto Elementalist rdm bind boss on corner
all set gear dt meva then go kill boss

So I just did this and while it worked I noticed that he used the Virus move when I went back in range. Was that because I went back in range too quickly or that the boss HAS to use it?
By Asura.Aragan 2023-06-18 09:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Autherius said: »
Asura.Aragan said: »
tank rdm cor brd whm dd
whm Barpetra Barstonra
cor magnus roll sam roll
brd ice caroll2 march2 att2

all set gear dt meva then go kill boss

So I just did this and while it worked I noticed that he used the Virus move when I went back in range. Was that because I went back in range too quickly or that the boss HAS to use it?

If that prblm for u .. after kill Bozzetto Elementalist whm do Sacrosanctity pld do ja rampart Fealty and cor can do from start Runeist's Roll replaced magnus roll and brd replaced caroll ice to Sentinel's Scherzo and Gold Capriccio song and pld go first 1 to boss take tp move and pt go after that brd do Pining Nocturne on boss very safety with all set gear mdt or meva or mix hybrid and do ws when boss do spell

For me run take 3min and whm do Recall-Pashh farm ki and warp ring need wait 2 min we used warp club

I tested this month for dd pt and pet pt
And there more options for mb pt or pet pt or rng pt

For example and have fun If pet pt can
Healer cor pupx4
Or pupx6
1 pet tank
1 pet healer
4 pet dd
Sub 2/cor 1/rdm 1/whm
Pup/rdm debuff boss
All set dt gear equip
If Whm in pt whm Barpetra Barstonra
If Cor in pt magnus roll companion roll
If sub pup/cor do drachen roll beast roll
And another pup/cor do magnus roll sam roll
1 pup pet tank boss all time
Maneuver use water light fire if Bozzetto Elementalist die
attachments dd with Mana Jammer4
Kill adds all attack, pup and pet 2 on 1 mobs
After spawn Bozzetto Elementalist and die
Wait boss do tp move and all send pet and wait out 30' yalm range from boss and 1 pup do overdrive if neeed and another plan u not kill Bozzetto Elementalist kill boss first
after done pup/whm do Recall-Pashh
 Shiva.Cerderic
Server: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-06-18 17:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

not seeing this mentioned but in the final phase, (after 2nd benediction and killing all the addss) using a special attack of different damage types consistently breaks his shield. cycling between sickle slash (piercing), heavy strike (blunt), subduction (wind magic), delta thrust (slash) was always breaking his shield. i'm guessing ranged attack is one of these as well. each time he applied the shield it was different. melee attacks were not doing it, confirmed by using clubs but heavy strike was still the trigger.
[+]
 Asura.Kaelann
Server: Asura
user: Kaelan
By Asura.Kaelann 2023-07-03 20:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Way late to the party this month, but barring kiting solos all of the VD clears I've seen talked about use RUN/PLD tanks (usually with ranged damage), so here's a melee option on MNK.

You don't actually need a tank for this, any decently tanky DD should be fine.

Fight notes:

TL;DR: The two main dangers are getting countered by the WAR in the first part and not getting the tank cursna + viruna + cure fast enough on the second part. Damage is actually fairly low outside of those specific things, so many DD jobs should be able to tank it.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Chendar
Server: Asura
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2023-07-05 12:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Been doing something very similar clearing it with just run/geo/rdm and sometimes a cor, with run as the dd for 2nd part. Can see MNK probably speeding it up for sure though.

Main advantage of doing the "ranged" style with cor imo is they can usually fit leaden + thunder shot in one tp move window for like 150k+ dmg each time. You can actually push thunder shot to 99k on this one with a good set and gambit, probably not worth the effort but still. Strategy is basically the same though. (malaise instead of frailty obviously)

One thing worth noting on this part though:
Asura.Kaelann said: »
-Silence the BLM and pull it 20' away from the group, along with the boss. Don't forget to move the bubble.

-Afterwards, accession Cursna + Viruna on everyone else once the tank is safe.

If you pull them to 30+ away instead (or move everyone else out of the way, same thing) the curse/virus will only hit the tank (or whoever's holding the BLM anyway). I guess this could potentially lead to some enmity issues with the hate reset if you don't have a tank job and someone else is doing dmg on the first part? It does make the whole start of 2nd part a lot less hectic though. -500mp/tick virus is no fun. :P
By Pantafernando 2023-07-05 12:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Its indeed the most risky moment when the hate reset happens leaving tank unprotected, gravitied and weakened.

Having some DD voking it and quickly get the WHM in position to both cure and stona, while being safe from AoE is key to win.

At this point, really dont need tank. I actually leave mine to die while DDs do their work.

WHM is the MVP this moment. Eber hands gives a lot of protection from stone, and allow DDs to always have TP ready to unleash when the dmg windows is open, while allow some degree of freedom for the WHM to cure from the tp move.

Personally i think thistp move is quite strong. Lately ive been playing on the safe side, on every content over 130 i always throw some minne and gallant roll, eventually magus

Using magus against the turtle really reduce a lot of the dmg output from tp move. Without it normally DDs goes to orange, with it DDs stay safely at yellow.

I actually think that SE, when they are simply giving 30%DT from 3 pieces or empy, they are hinting we must resort to defensive buffs to take the increasing dmg those high lv mobs can deal.

Milleage will vary, but unless youre running with an experienced party that kills really fast, never neglect the defensive buffs