Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Volume 1 - August 2017
Ambuscade Volume 1 - August 2017
First Page 2 3
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Aikido
By Shiva.Martialartist 2017-08-04 00:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone figure it out yet?? Can't dispel Songs from adds but able to on Mega Boss. Can sleep adds also with Lullaby. Mega Boss doesnt seem to move when engaged
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-08-04 00:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

havent won it yet but did some messing around, killing an add(blue) mob lowered brd(yellow) by 12% on normal, they only seem to take decent dmg while near the brd, while in the corner my WSs did like 2k and they healed to 100% right after, near the brd my WSs did more like 10-20k and SC killed them. repops adds a few mins after they die, and something resets hate.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2017-08-04 00:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you edit the title to include the month/year please? To keep the formatting uniform with the rest.

Didn't we have the Sahagin's previously, too?
By clearlyamule 2017-08-04 00:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »

Didn't we have the Sahagin's previously, too?
no
By Peeks 2017-08-04 01:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
havent won it yet but did some messing around, killing an add(blue) mob lowered brd(yellow) by 12% on normal, they only seem to take decent dmg while near the brd, while in the corner my WSs did like 2k and they healed to 100% right after, near the brd my WSs did more like 10-20k and SC killed them. repops adds a few mins after they die, and something resets hate.
Hydro shot?
 Asura.Lior
Server: Asura
user: Lior
By Asura.Lior 2017-08-04 01:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What I gathered:
- You want to make the Regen disappear, we had a RDM doing enfeebles on the BRD. Needs 3-4 enfeebles to stop the Regen. It is the main problem imo.
- DPS can be slow because of the stun moves. Healers want to stay at max range, but be careful with Tank/Melees running out of range. Can anoyne confirm that the stun move is absorbed by Shadows?
- The Adds do sleep from sleepga etc.

I have beaten a V1 N with a *cough* pick up group in 18 mins... Hopefully we can figure out the gimmick this month. But then again I'm worried about the sahagin supplies once everyone spamming Ambuscade again :/
By Staleyx 2017-08-04 02:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
What I gathered:
- You want to make the Regen disappear, we had a RDM doing enfeebles on the BRD. Needs 3-4 enfeebles to stop the Regen. It is the main problem imo.
- DPS can be slow because of the stun moves. Healers want to stay at max range, but be careful with Tank/Melees running out of range. Can anoyne confirm that the stun move is absorbed by Shadows?
- The Adds do sleep from sleepga etc.

I have beaten a V1 N with a *cough* pick up group in 18 mins... Hopefully we can figure out the gimmick this month. But then again I'm worried about the sahagin supplies once everyone spamming Ambuscade again :/

Applying only silence stopped the regen for us. Fighting away from brd makes adds level up like crazy making them impossible to kill. Once we bring them back around megaboss they de-level back.
 Asura.Omgwhy
By Asura.Omgwhy 2017-08-04 02:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo'ed VE on blu right after the update:

The main brd NM cannot be damaged unless all the adds are dead.

I killed the drg and then the mnk, the brd was at like 50% after, i auto-targeted the brd and had 1200~ tp so i hit CDC and took it to 9%.

It did 1hr annimation and popped a drg add and went back to taking 0 dmg.

I killed the drg add that popped, and the brd died at the same time.

I hope this helps.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-08-04 07:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Beat D Ambu Volume 1... NIN BLU BRD COR WHM GEO...... after like 10 tries...and multiple job changes, and plans of attack.

I personally think Nuke method might be viable (wanted to try Deaths BLM x3, GEO, support, and RUN) but jobs were not available. A 50k Death MB did about 33% of a monk add's HP on VD.

Keep the BRD enfeebled, and Silenced. Periodically he will remove all the debuffs he has on him, and regen effect/Bio aura will happen. For D it seems you need 5 debuffs on it before silence lands (6 for VD?). (WHm and GEO were doing debuffs along with the BRD)

This happened about 6 times in our win (BRD boss purged itself debuffs) and he gets serious resistance to silence after about the 4th time.

Kill WHM first ------>DRG--->DRG----> and keep killing the DRGs that respawn. BRD has their hands full resleeping ***. I'd rate this ambu harder than SL Master Trials unless something else is discovered. On VD we got close but ended up getting overwhelmed. We were killing Charby--->DRG (wait for Charby and DRG respawns). At some point we had 1900 acc and were wiffing. Ambuscade this month= Wut.

Pulled Mobs to the SE corner, N/T Slept them then brought them back to the BRD boss one by one where the party was waiting. Used Kill order stated above~ They have about 150k HP

Used Idris Wilt/Frail Entrust Fury, DDs subbed NIN to block stuns/hate resets (there are multiple hate reset things they do >.>), COR used swords AND melee'd , Sam/Chaos, Honor/Madrigal/Minuet/x2, MG, haste 1. BRD has to Lullaby like 15 times, single target or AOE.

Hope this helps people trying this/hope others figure out something else to make this easier.

*Few of my Japanese members say BLU breath Attack on the BRD Immobilizes/Staggers it and stops regen/bio auras (yet to test)

*Many edits on original Post, sorry.
By Staleyx 2017-08-04 07:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

*Few of my Japanese members say BLU breath Attack on the BRD Immobilizes/Staggers it and stops regen/bio auras

Absolute Terror or a actual breathmove?
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-08-04 07:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

An actual breath move, like Poison Breath
 Valefor.Maurauc
Server: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2017-08-04 08:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's any breath, that would be interesting. If it's Bad Breath, that would make sense (Lots of debuffs + silence)
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-08-04 08:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, maybe. Something might have been lost in translation and it actually is bad breath? But what Maurauc said~ We might try again with breath moves in a few minutes, some of us are awake. Will report!
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-08-04 10:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Errr.. Bad Breath seems to just do what normal single target enfeebs do, this ***is still unworkable atm for VD, D is down right hard. Need more discoveries if any are even available. Otherwise it's a 'skip this month's ambu after getting seals'
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-08-04 10:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't skip if you still need Abdhaljs metals :(
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-08-04 10:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye :(
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-08-04 10:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean N is pretty easy, but the grind to get the metals is that much worse ><
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-08-05 14:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

We were able to clear Vol 1 VD last night with DRK, SAM, RUN, GEO, BRD, WHM.

We started with pulling away, sleeping, and grabbing 1 by 1. We started with Kraken since it can't be slept. Kraken is incredibly dangerous and capable of blowing back DDs when it uses Mighty Strikes. GEO, BRD, and WHM attempt to stack debuffs so Silence could land. Once Silence is on and we get the Message "Songstress can no longer Sing", the SAM and I do a SC: Torcleaver > Tachi: Kasha > Resolution > Tachi: Fudo. This is enough to KO each mob. We always prioritized the Kraken when it respawned and never touched the WHM due to Bene.

The adds (the DDs at least) seem to level up for each WS you use on them and stopping all WSs for some amount of time appeared to delevel them. So if BRD used Cleansing Bubbles and SC can't kill it over its Regen, we'd back off, let the BRD resleep, and start SC on something else once Silence is re-applied.

There appears to be an Evasion mechanic based on distance or something. On one of our runs our accuracy was suffering prior to multiple level ups and the only change we made was that we slept the adds really far from the BRD.
[+]
By Staleyx 2017-08-05 16:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If reading this right you were waking up and draging the kraken/dd near bard then killing them correct?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-06 08:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my god this month's Vol1 looks so insanely annoying like we haven't seen in ages.
The last fight I remember to be so annoying is, I dunno, the Quadavs one?

So *** tempted to skip my 20 metals this month...
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-06 08:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

This month yeah, is pretty damn irritating (for shouts). Did one, absolutely no issue (N) got KI went back to repeat, completely wrecked.

Once the mobs all have songs with the Bio aura and the stun, it gets out of hand really easily.

If you actually debuff, silence, use barthunder/meva its not terrible but with shout content, good luck.

Oh, and Velkk was still the worst damn month. Screw Velkk.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-06 08:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think so. I've completed Velkk no problem. Granted it wasn't easy, but with a good group it was pretty fast.

Not sure if you were playing when the Quadav one came out, it's one of the first months of Ambuscade, I think like the second or third?
It was close to impossible.
Some people developed a strategy when the month was almost over (Llwewelyn?) but it took more than 20 minutes for each VD run.
Back then VD vol.1 was giving the same points as VD vol.2 so basically nobody was doing that given how hard it was.

Don't think we've ever had an Ambuscade as annoyng/slow as that one.
This month's might be a close second, dunno.

I'm talking about VD of course, I'm not even taking into consideration D and under >.>
Altough I probably should, spamming D vol1 is still better than spamming VD vol2
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-06 08:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, as a personal preference, time:reward 1D is the best ratio of effort:reward. VD is a complete waste of effort (barring seal usage).

But, if the group is good/coordinated the event goes fine. It's shouted debuffers that make the thing hard(er).
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-08-06 10:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I don't think so. I've completed Velkk no problem. Granted it wasn't easy, but with a good group it was pretty fast.

Not sure if you were playing when the Quadav one came out, it's one of the first months of Ambuscade, I think like the second or third?
It was close to impossible.
Some people developed a strategy when the month was almost over (Llwewelyn?) but it took more than 20 minutes for each VD run.
Back then VD vol.1 was giving the same points as VD vol.2 so basically nobody was doing that given how hard it was.

Don't think we've ever had an Ambuscade as annoyng/slow as that one.
This month's might be a close second, dunno.

I'm talking about VD of course, I'm not even taking into consideration D and under >.>
Altough I probably should, spamming D vol1 is still better than spamming VD vol2

Minor nit-pick, but Vol 1 VD gave double the points of Vol 2 VD when it first came out. They doubled Vol 1 VD from 600 to 1200 back around the end of last year/start of this year, I can't remember.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-08-06 21:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quadavs just required to keep a certain add alive in order to reach the real next phase instead of the fake one where the boss was unkillable at 1% but it took quite some time before people found out that.
Mamools were very annoying with the many skillchains to perform on adds and all the stupid rules to weaken the boss : type/number of SCs used, had to occur when the enemy wasn't casting/doing a TP move, easy SCs with JAs/BPs didn't count, SC would count double if it triggered the enemy SP. It was necessary to exit/restart if a enemy was killed before the SCs were done... Also there was the Charm/Poison counter attack and Mijin Gakure Kai (99k AoE) to handle 3 times.

This month might be even worse. We managed to clear VD with RUN NIN SMN WHM GEO BRD after many tries/tests. Multi-step SCs are really essential to kill adds. We did Ten > Volt Strike (frag) > Shun (light) > Dimidiation (light) with Shock Squall right before, the final Light does 99k. W/o regen aura the adds will die before Dimidiation. We didn't try to make them level down and only killed the Sea monk and DRGs, often had time to do a MNK but I'm not sure they are worth the risk with their possible Guard and Max HP boost traits.
The Sea Monk gains Avoidance Down aura during Mighty Strikes.
DRGs have aqua/poison spikes, poison is dangerous coupled with the bio aura.
RUN will resist the 15 seconds Stun with Tellus x3 + Pflug.
It takes 8 kills in total to win.

There must be other conditions that trigger the level ups, DRGs seems to lvl up everytime they use Hydroball or wake up/are pulled.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-08-07 00:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I did some messing around on VE as SCH didn't find out anything that exciting it seems but if I spam thunder on an add like 3-4 casts it builds resist and takes 0 DMG from thunder for a few seconds. If I spammed any other element I never saw this "shield".

Total derp moment he was using Lightning Carol II :/
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-07 01:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah Papesse, the Mamool one was pretty annoying too.
I spent like 1+ hr trying to do VD and D yesterday with my friends and we utterly failed.
Some things I noticed:

1) Level-up - I don't think it's strictly connected to the use of WS. My friends claimed they didn't see a Levelup each time they WSed and that sometimes they were levelling up on their own randomly. One thing I noticed is a Sahagin that popped, went straight for the WHM with no levelup, after 1 or 2 hits he went for the RUN and on the way to him he levelled down. Wut? He had just popped...

2) Landing Silence - Not sure on the exact number of debuffs required because we had multiple people casting debuffs. I was landing 4 songs, then GEO was using Frazzle, Distract, Impact, and we were also sticking Blind, Slow and Paralyze. Past a certain point you don't seem to get a bonus in the landing rate of Silence. Speaking of which, landing it the first time is super easy, from the second onwards it gets harder, to the point where even with Wind Threnody II, Macc food and Idris Focus, we were still having issues landing it despite getting the right "message" in the chat log. We attempted to do a (D) run after, and strangely enough I didn't really notice any big difference from (VD), as in after the first landing time of Silence, it got progressively harder. Songs always landed 100% of the times on all targets, lullabies included.

3) Accuracy - Not sure on the TP gear my friends were using or their food, but for VD with Marcato Honor March and 2x Madrigal, they were a bit under 30% accuracy. With Soul Voice they were above 94% just fine. Despite SV and 5 songs and an accuracy that was just fine, they were having issues killing those adds. We only killed a few and they were ignoring the Kraken, who was being tanked by the RUN (with Elegy and Slow on)

4) Adds - Kraken pops only in (VD) it seems

5) Enemy buffs - it can take some time to re-silence the boss. In that meantime he can land several powerful songs on the adds. It's not really feasible for the BRD to cast Finale multiple times on all of them, you just have no bloody time. Maybe a BLU with AoE dispel would help, I dunno.

6) Immunobreak - Neither me nor my friends ever seen a single Immuunobreak for Silence on the megaboss. Not sure if it's just a coincidence but I bet it's not

Couldn't notice anything else in our several attempts. Looked like a very annoying fight but I'm not sure what was making the enemies so durable (there has to be some other key at play other than "level up"?) and the strange resistance on the Boss
[+]
 Asura.Lior
user: Lior
By Asura.Lior 2017-08-07 04:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

can anyone confirm the setup BG Wiki suggests?

Taken from the ambuscade wiki:
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-07 05:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you "use the bio aura to level down a mob"?
Also I don't see the necessity for Wilt on (D).
(VD) maybe against the Kraken.

I'm also not sure the tank standing away is gonna be good. I mean it offer pros but it might make things more complicated for the BRD to keep them slept.
Keeping them all at distance should reduce the chance for them to receive songs from the Boss though. I suppose her range is not that big as to reach the corner (over 35 yalms away!)
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-08-07 05:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
How do you "use the bio aura to level down a mob"?
Most of the bg wiki info is from Spicyryan's testing. While I haven't gone with him at all this month this is what he was telling me on TeamSpeak. When the adds are in BIO aura range from the main NM they will level down way quicker then if you take them out of range.

I can't confirm or deny this info since most of my testing was from before he posted this and we were sleeping them out of range.
First Page 2 3