user: Ghoztt
By Sylph.Ghoztt 2020-08-21 09:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Emeici +1 with Augments

Plus Augments:
[1] DMG +30
[2] Accuracy & Magic Accuracy +30
[3] Critical Hit Rate +10%

Is it worth it for someone not wanting to push for REMA at the moment on Monk? How do the numbers compare with the other top 5-6 H2H weapons?

Seems like a decent tanking choice. It clearly pulls ahead of some previously popular (read: out of date) H2H options. Has this been tested? Thoughts?
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-08-21 09:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably the best None Rema H2H and relatively cheap to make. I'd say go for it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Blackstar
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Blackstar 2020-08-21 10:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Better off with Karambit if you don't wanna do a REMA rn.
[+]
 Sylph.Ghoztt
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Ghoztt 2020-08-21 10:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Blackstar said: »
Better off with Karambit if you don't wanna do a REMA rn.

Looks like Karambit is more geared towards WS damage, and purely offensive. Not as well rounded though for a tanking role + mixed/decent dps rate, no? I realize that dps = easier to hold enemies but you'll take more of a beating as well. Nearly the same base damage, the crit+10% & the TA+3%, seems like they could balance out quite a bit depending on supporting gear set. Is anyone able to run the numbers on this?

Personally, the issue is I working towards other things right now that take up the ambuscade reward slots. However, I will consider it, thanks!
By Nariont 2020-08-21 11:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want a "tank" h2h su4 path A is possibly cheaper if available, depending on prices obviously. But you really dont need a tanking h2h, can fill in the dt through various gear, specially with malig available, so if you can get karam id definately reccomend it over everything else non-rena
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-08-21 11:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Get Karambit, if you are worried about tanking, buy a pair of Jolt Counters (since you probably wont be making Spharai) to swap on.

PDT-4 on the H2H are a nice bonus, but negligible for tanking.

I'm also not a fan of Godhands delay on something that isn't godhands or SU5
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-21 11:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Emeici +1 are pretty hawt out-the-box H2H that requires basically nothing but ~24M. I would have made these in a heartbeat if I didn't have MNK weapons already. The NM for this is dumb easy, and the scales are buyable. Done in a few hours. I would put that Pulse weapon for Karambit towards a nicer weapon, if you needed one for another job (Naegling, Tauret, Shining One, Dolichenus). But if you got the points and the pulse to spend, that seems like the better choice overall.

I don't know what you keep referring to as "tanking weapon" - Emeici are barely that. They are mostly geared towards offense as well. I assume you're talking about the PDT, which is not much for MNK (Helps I guess).

If you are looking for a true hybrid Tanking weapon for MNK and do not want to make an REMA, there is R15 Fists of Fury. I wouldn't recommend actually making these since they are weird and the NMs are not as easy to solo, but if you like weird combinations of stats (counter, regen, syncs with Relic+3 body and AF+3 legs nicely), then you could create a pretty nice Tanking set using these and probably Invigorate merits, if that is to your style. They are basically Cross Counters 3.0. (should have been regen+50)
[+]
 Sylph.Ghoztt
By Sylph.Ghoztt 2020-08-21 11:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Emeici +1 are pretty hawt out-the-box H2H that requires basically nothing but ~24M. I would have made these in a heartbeat if I didn't have MNK weapons already. The NM for this is dumb easy, and the scales are buyable. Done in a few hours. I would put that Pulse weapon for Karambit towards a nicer weapon, if you needed one for another job (Naegling, Tauret, Shining One, Dolichenus). But if you got the points and the pulse to spend, that seems like the better choice overall.

I don't know what you keep referring to as "tanking weapon" - Emeici are barely that. They are mostly geared towards offense as well. I assume you're talking about the PDT, which is not much for MNK (Helps I guess).

If you are looking for a true hybrid Tanking weapon for MNK and do not want to make an REMA, there is R15 Fists of Fury. I wouldn't recommend actually making these since they are weird and the NMs are not as easy to solo, but if you like weird combinations of stats (counter, regen, syncs with Relic+3 body and AF+3 legs nicely), then you could create a pretty nice Tanking set using these and probably Invigorate merits, if that is to your style. They are basically Cross Counters 3.0. (should have been regen+50)

That's kind of the direction I was going with this. Easy to obtain, already have scales sitting around. My pulse weapon build is currently preoccupied with another job direction. I'm stuck with some somewhat easily obtainable H2H in the meantime for the foreseeable future. It just seemed like a nice balance of hybrid stats, but no one says anything about it. By "tanking" I guess I should have elaborated more... Apologies, and you're right, PDT by itself doesn't make for a "tank" equip so to speak. Emeici +1 seems to slid in somewhere in the middle of many higher level H2H weapons, minus a few direct modifiers for any WS, but making up for it with raw dps (high crit %, stp, acc, TA+3%). Maybe I'm way off base but it felt decent lol.

I appreciate everyone's input. I still haven't made my decision as I'm weighting what everyone says, and hoping it will help someone else as well to make a more informed decision since there isn't much info on this weapon. Thanks.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-21 12:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Best tanking weapon is the weapon that kills the target faster than it can kill you.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-21 12:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ghoztt said: »
It just seemed like a nice balance of hybrid stats, but no one says anything about it.

Except for me:

If you can run him through Odyssey, you can help him make an Emeici +1 and R15 it, which IMO is a very good starter H2h and is very affordable with the price of scales. Makes an absurdly good Victory Smite weapon as well. The ambuscade h2h is fine but the pulse weapon locks some newer players out of it. I think the UNM piece is much easier to finish quicker, since it doesn't require spending Ambu points on mats (which can be used for the capes he will need)

Just as a side point, for any up and coming MNKs out there who don't have Karambit/REMA yet, Emeici +1 (aug) looks pretty sweet for a full spread of useful stats for MNK:

177 dmg
+40-50acc
ta+3%
stp+5
pdt-4%
crit hit rate +10%
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-21 12:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Still a waste of money. Less wasteful than it was last time, still a waste.

If it hit a mil a stack? Maybe.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-21 12:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing is a waste of "money" if it fills a need for a time being and you get use out of it. It's a video game. That statement can apply to everything about FFXI in general.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-21 12:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's temporary, it's a waste.

Instead of wasting 24m on this until you can get something better, keep the 24m and get that "something", faster.
[+]
By WhissTHeGOAT 2020-08-21 13:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I got these as soon as it came out.. they are ok i guess.. i only used my MNK that had Ambu wep on Alexander HTB. prolly the easiest/best option if you don't wanna spend the gil on a pulse or have a pulse weapon lying around.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-08-21 14:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there is always Kaja Knuckle then you can just save the pulse.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-08-21 14:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I totally agree with Eiryl here, this is a poor investment. I like Panta's suggestion of Kaja Knuckles - even if you don't have a pulse weapon, they are fairly close to Emeici +1 R15 for DPS if you're just looking for a holdover. And eventually, for anyone who upgrades Kaja > Karambit, the completed Ambuscade weapon easily beats maxed out Emeici.

If you're gonna get something as a temporary piece, use something cheap/free (e.g., Condemners), or something you can further upgrade in the future (e.g., Kaja Knuckles). There's no point in investing ~24mil in upgrade materials for a weapon you can't resell and will be trash if you get anything Karambit or better.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-08-21 14:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Worse than trash if you cant send it to same account.
[+]
 Sylph.Ghoztt
By Sylph.Ghoztt 2020-08-21 16:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I totally agree with Eiryl here, this is a poor investment. I like Panta's suggestion of Kaja Knuckles - even if you don't have a pulse weapon, they are fairly close to Emeici +1 R15 for DPS if you're just looking for a holdover. And eventually, for anyone who upgrades Kaja > Karambit, the completed Ambuscade weapon easily beats maxed out Emeici.

If you're gonna get something as a temporary piece, use something cheap/free (e.g., Condemners), or something you can further upgrade in the future (e.g., Kaja Knuckles). There's no point in investing ~24mil in upgrade materials for a weapon you can't resell and will be trash if you get anything Karambit or better.

Okay. How does it easily beat it out? Do you have numbers to back that up that I can see? Can anyone verify this? The only thing I see the ambu weapon beating it on is WS's, it looks close for TP otherwise factoring in all of the extra stats on the Emeici +1. Unless I'm missing something? They look pretty close IMO. The scales can be farmed pretty easily.

I appreciate your opinion on the matter.
By Boshi 2020-08-21 16:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You could also argue the kaja/pulse ones have some blunt dmg utility on some other jobs like nin or thf

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-08-21 17:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay. How does it easily beat it out? Do you have numbers to back that up that I can see? Can anyone verify this? The only thing I see the ambu weapon beating it on is WS's, it looks close for TP otherwise factoring in all of the extra stats on the Emeici +1. Unless I'm missing something? They look pretty close IMO. The scales can be farmed pretty easily.

Remember that Emeici +1 has high delay too, so aside from the attribute stats for WS purposes that's a disadvantage.

I did a very quick-and-dirty comparison on an old spreadsheet I had. Pretty sure someone in the MNK forums had a more up-to-date one (maybe Sechs or Buukki) - I'd take a look there for a more current/reliable one. And actually, going back to it now and looking more closely, I see that whoever filled in the original Emeici +1 stats got the dmg/dly wrong. When I corrected that, I get Kaja Knuckles BEATING the fully upgraded Emeici +1.

With standard BRD buffs (HM and March/Min/Mad) and COR rolls (Samurai/Chaos), Apex Crab as the target, and quickly inserting fairly high end (but likely not optimal) TP/WS sets (Victory Smite), I got the below:

Set DPS:
Emeici +1 R15: 2168
Kaja: 2265
Karambit: 2384

WS Avg:
Emeici +1: 9797
Kaja: 9838
Karambit: 10274

Note that Karambit was only considering its base stats (not including the STP/crit mechanic), so it's actually even better than the above for total DPS.

So yeah, don't bother with upgrading Emeici +1. Even if you can farm the materials from Odyssey, you could just SELL those and put the gil toward a more useful purpose (including buying pulse cells to upgrade Kaja Knuckles, if you aren't up for the bigger expense of building a Verethragna or something).
[+]
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2020-08-21 17:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Capuchin did a much better job than I lol. I can't figure how to format on these comments apparently.
 Sylph.Ghoztt
By Sylph.Ghoztt 2020-08-22 21:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember that Emeici +1 has high delay too, so aside from the attribute stats for WS purposes that's a disadvantage.

I did a very quick-and-dirty comparison on an old spreadsheet I had. Pretty sure someone in the MNK forums had a more up-to-date one (maybe Sechs or Buukki) - I'd take a look there for a more current/reliable one. And actually, going back to it now and looking more closely, I see that whoever filled in the original Emeici +1 stats got the dmg/dly wrong. When I corrected that, I get Kaja Knuckles BEATING the fully upgraded Emeici +1.

With standard BRD buffs (HM and March/Min/Mad) and COR rolls (Samurai/Chaos), Apex Crab as the target, and quickly inserting fairly high end (but likely not optimal) TP/WS sets (Victory Smite), I got the below:

Set DPS:
Emeici +1 R15: 2168
Kaja: 2265
Karambit: 2384

WS Avg:
Emeici +1: 9797
Kaja: 9838
Karambit: 10274

Note that Karambit was only considering its base stats (not including the STP/crit mechanic), so it's actually even better than the above for total DPS.

So yeah, don't bother with upgrading Emeici +1. Even if you can farm the materials from Odyssey, you could just SELL those and put the gil toward a more useful purpose (including buying pulse cells to upgrade Kaja Knuckles, if you aren't up for the bigger expense of building a Verethragna or something).

Thank you! Ok, this is much more clear cut, thanks Capuchin. Even though you didn't factor in the stp/crit mechanic for the Karambit, I'm guessing you did for the Emeici+1? Just making sure. This is helpful info.
By pawnoee 2020-08-23 02:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Comeuppances +1
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-08-23 03:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just if he has one already, otherwise its not easy to get.

High expectations when this gets augmented though. Maybe next month or octomber the odyssey C?
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-08-23 04:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I checked Emeici R15 in sheet and it beats kaja in every setup. By a small margin tho (like 3%), while Karambit beats Emeici more significantly (up to 10% in some setups).
[+]
 Sylph.Ghoztt
By Sylph.Ghoztt 2020-08-23 09:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I checked Emeici R15 in sheet and it beats kaja in every setup. By a small margin tho (like 3%), while Karambit beats Emeici more significantly (up to 10% in some setups).

Thanks for your input. Can you post numbers?
By SimonSes 2020-08-23 10:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Thanks for your input. Can you post numbers?

Specific numbers doesnt really matter for this tbh (and I havent saved them and dont really want to go switching everything because that actually takes time :P). They will change several times when you switch between various setups and different WSs. The 2.5-3% advantage over kaja seems to be pretty consistent tho. I mainly checked impetus up with vsmite capped attack and impetus down with Howling Fist and uncapped attack. I used 4/5 hq kendetsuba set for impetus up and 5/5 for impetus down. That favors kaja and obviously even more Karambit. Malignance and max tp set with adhemar head, hands, af or herc feet etc. will favor Emicei (because of lower crit rate and/or lower ta rate, which improve value of this stats on Emeici), but I havent checked those sets (I wanted to check worst case scenario for Emeici, because it was hard to believe they would lose to Kaja).

You are welcome to play with sheet yourself and check everythig you want, but I think I only added Emeici+1 to my private version and havent updated public one. I will do it soon and post link if you dont have it.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-08-23 12:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Simon, did you verify that Emeici had correct dmg/delay stats in your sheet? I was surprised to find in mine that they were wrong, must have been an input error from whoever originally populated the one I was working from. Before I changed those stats, I was also getting Emeici +1 R15 slightly beating Kaja Knuckles. After I corrected it, Kaja did better.

Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised to see Emeici +1 edging out Kaja in at least some situations. But they're close enough that the same point remains: it doesn't seem like a wise investment to put ~24 mil worth of Lustreless Hides into a weapon that's little more than a sidegrade to Kaja, and that clearly loses to Karambit or better.

Thank you! Ok, this is much more clear cut, thanks Capuchin. Even though you didn't factor in the stp/crit mechanic for the Karambit, I'm guessing you did for the Emeici+1? Just making sure. This is helpful info.

What I was talking about is Karambit's weapon-exclusive effect: "Auto-Attack": "Store TP"+50 gained when landing critical hits. That's a unique effect only from Karambit, giving additional TP on crits.

pawnoee said: »
Comeuppances +1

Right? I'm reaaaally looking forward to seeing what kinds of upgrades those get. Wonder if they'd dare make them on the same level as Vere/Godhands, in keeping with the spirit of the OG Shenlong's Baghnakhs from Pandemonium Warden (which were elite tier H2H for quite some time).

The un-augmented Comeuppances +1 are already not far behind a Karambit, so I kinda expect that at a minimum, any decent augments should put them ahead of anything but Vere/GH.

Even if you don't have a group capable of killing Tumult Curator, whenever the Unity Dial campaign is up, remember to spin that thing daily for a chance at the H2H!

I say this with some reservations, because I'm currently snagging any TC Blood I can to +1 the body, in hopes that an augmented version might be good for SAM (as well as the staff for my alt's mage jobs) - but GL, everyone ;)
By SimonSes 2020-08-23 12:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Simon, did you verify that Emeici had correct dmg/delay stats in your sheet? I was surprised to find in mine that they were wrong, must have been an input error from whoever originally populated the one I was working from. Before I changed those stats, I was also getting Emeici +1 R15 slightly beating Kaja Knuckles. After I corrected it, Kaja did better.

Yeah I was reading whole thread, so I havent overlooked that.
I wasnt also trying to suggest Emeici is worth to make or not, I simply provide info :P

Also I have this line in sheet I was upgrading and releasing some time ago :P

Quote:
"1. Fixed damage/delay for several non rema weapons (Jolt NQ/HQ, Come NQ/HQ, Chastisers, Denouements, Reisenjima h2h).
Rest of the non-rema weapons have probably invalid stats."

Also another line that is kinda important here

Quote:
"2. I added automatic store TP to Karambit, but it's still not accurate, because it adds sTP to kicks too and afaik Karambit stp doesnt work with
kicks right? So Karambit numbers are slightly too high. I will keep trying to figure it out how to fix that further."

Link
[+]
First Page 2