Emeici +1 w/ Augments
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-23 13:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I say this with some reservations, because I'm currently snagging any TC Blood I can to +1 the body, in hopes that an augmented version might be good for SAM (as well as the staff for my alt's mage jobs) - but GL, everyone ;)
Don't you need the clear to +1 a unity item?
By Clement 2020-08-23 13:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
I say this with some reservations, because I'm currently snagging any TC Blood I can to +1 the body, in hopes that an augmented version might be good for SAM (as well as the staff for my alt's mage jobs) - but GL, everyone ;)
Don't you need the clear to +1 a unity item?

Negative. +1'd Montante on a second character without Sarama done.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-08-23 14:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Simon, did you verify that Emeici had correct dmg/delay stats in your sheet? I was surprised to find in mine that they were wrong, must have been an input error from whoever originally populated the one I was working from. Before I changed those stats, I was also getting Emeici +1 R15 slightly beating Kaja Knuckles. After I corrected it, Kaja did better.

Yeah I was reading whole thread, so I havent overlooked that.
I wasnt also trying to suggest Emeici is worth to make or not, I simply provide info :P

Also I have this line in sheet I was upgrading and releasing some time ago :P

Quote:
"1. Fixed damage/delay for several non rema weapons (Jolt NQ/HQ, Come NQ/HQ, Chastisers, Denouements, Reisenjima h2h).
Rest of the non-rema weapons have probably invalid stats."

Also another line that is kinda important here

Quote:
"2. I added automatic store TP to Karambit, but it's still not accurate, because it adds sTP to kicks too and afaik Karambit stp doesnt work with
kicks right? So Karambit numbers are slightly too high. I will keep trying to figure it out how to fix that further."

Link
I don't think there is a way to reliably apply the Karambit function in a spreadsheet.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-23 14:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Since the DPS spreadsheets calculate based on taking averages over long periods of time, just multiplying that value by the ratio of punches to total hits should get you close enough for the difference from actual performance to be negligible.

Change the Karambit function you have in the Store TP cells on the Data page to to (for Melee set 1):

+ IF(Gear!B3 = "Karambit",50 * B91 * B198/(B198+B199),0)
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-08-30 18:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The real value of Kaambit is not fully captured in spreadsheets even with a store-tp adjustment.
If you are in a setup where you don't have capped m.haste (e.g. you are soloing with 5 trusts and can't fit haste2/march) than karambit can be the difference between making 3-4 steps solo skillchains or none at all, which is a lot of damage not accounted for in averages in spreadsheets. It's situational but not that rare when you are still building up your character, making them worth having them.
With monk's high critical rate (kendatsuba set, impetus etc) it feels just like having a full potency SAM roll on.

I am not sure if there are situations where Emeici+1R15 would be uniquely useful, maybe monsters with mechanics where critical hits have special effects, like breaking off unicorn horns or chigoes dropping from any critical hit, but I don't think those are really worth the inv-space -1 for most people as once you augment you can't send to mules anymore for storage..
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-30 19:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, whenever a person asks "is this..." you can probably go ahead and throw out any and all reasons you think it would be.

IE: this is good because all the best gear fits it so well. If they can't figure out what weapon to use they don't have (any) good gear. So all the scenarios and numbers are meaningless (even though they always ask for it)

How you gonna care about "this weapon" when you can't even get cheaper HQ gear. Priorities.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.