The Voracious Resurgence
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-04 20:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There's also a bunch of other ones that were never given to players in any capacity, though they're wildly imbalanced in terms of weapon type distribution.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-08-04 20:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Was it ever said as to why the NPC was using Excalibur in ROV? I don't think I remember
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-08-04 20:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they just wanted to pick something that there's "only one of" lore-wise so they could have a line about that in the RoV dialogue
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-08-04 21:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What if the hill in the background is a side-on view of Tavnazia?
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-08-04 21:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i can't wait to read the replies on here after this is released lol
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-08-04 22:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »

I would be rather happy to get a new city.
By sabrtooth 2020-08-05 00:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

wonder if this is just part 1 of 3 new content:

part 1 : free. reward: access to grind for dark relics

part 2 : the voracious menance
release jan 2021 and span 5-6 mth and cost money. reward: access to grind for dark/full powered/ mythic

part 3: the voracious defeat
release july 2021 and span 5-6 mth and cost money. reward: access to grind for dark/full powered empy

all 3 part completed: reward: access to grind for dark/full powered aeonic

Come 2022, Nexon FFXIR will be ready and we can all migrate there XD
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-08-05 01:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

sabrtooth said: »
Come 2022, Nexon FFXIR will be ready and we can all migrate there XD
And start the grind all over again.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-08-05 07:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aburaage said: »
werent there only 2 campaign weapon skill and they were both sword?
Only 3 we can use but a bunch that the campaign NPCs have. I want Bloody Quarrel!
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-08-05 09:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aburaage said: »
werent there only 2 campaign weapon skill and they were both sword?
Like Topace said. There's a lot that never got given to players.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-05 09:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

upgrading relics is a pretty good possibility.

The roll out of this should be very parallel to rhapsodies. That fits the development model.

Rhapsodies didn't have new jobs and not alot of new zones, but it had alot of story. It had alot of gear and events: domain invasion, Geas Fete, Aeonics, Omen

probably take awhile to roll it all out though.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-05 10:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark or not, bows and guns still don't show in town naturally.

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-05 10:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

... meaning they would only ever be lockstyle pieces so don't bother?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-05 10:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

...butbutBUT how will I lord my completion of a free expansion over others if it doesn't show in Mhaura???
[+]
 Asura.Tallywally
user: talaya
By Asura.Tallywally 2020-08-05 12:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

im wondering if we will go to the empty due to the siren story being rather open ended.
two sirens are holding the masked jerk and we got to meet a new NPC who we dont even know yet.
i imagine we will continue from this point, it is possible there may be some links or parallels to FFXIV but ultimately it will be its own contained story following on from the events of Siren.

maybe the shadow relics are upgrades to the current one, meaning you will need the current relic to get the upgrades.

i just hope we get more zones to explore like before.
Reisenjima is nice and all but it lacks the openness the other zones have, the views of the beautiful landscape.

i am excited regardless
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-08-05 12:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed. I’m limiting my expectations to the things they have actually guaranteed (e.g. new story content) so that I’m not disappointed if, for example, dark relics are not actually a thing that we can obtain.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2020-08-05 12:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

if they only upgrade relics then everyone who enjoys playing jobs like BLU, COR, PUP, GEO, RUN can take another long time break cause SE never bothered to add those jobs on relics.
By Taint 2020-08-05 12:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
if they only upgrade relics then everyone who enjoys playing jobs like BLU, COR, PUP, GEO, RUN can take another long time break cause SE never bothered to add those jobs on relics.

They aren’t on them due to lore.

Easily fixed with a story Arc.
[+]
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-08-05 12:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

...butbutBUT how will I lord my completion of a free expansion over others if it doesn't show in Mhaura???

You could write an add-on that does /aim on idle :P
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-05 12:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

A member of the Hydra Corps escaped the final fall of the Shadow lord, taking the weapons of the fallen heroes he had slain with him East, to Aht Urghan. He had slain a Paladin, Ranger, Monk, White Mage and Dark Knight, and brought with him a Sword, Great Sword, Club, Gun, and Hand-to-Hand weapons.

Upon landing of the shores of Arrapago Islands, he was set upon by group of rogue Corsairs, who killed him and stole the weapons. Unable to understand them, they sailed for Whitegate, and sold them to the Crown in return for the fastest ship on seas. For years, they were locked away with the Myriad Arms of Balrahn, and the weapons spoke to each other.

After seeing such a connection, Balrahn feared corruption of the Mythic weapons, and seperated the stolen Relics, now tarnished after being improperly stored. He sent two, the Great Sword and Club, to Ulbuka where the rulers of Adoulin swore to imprison them in the Ra'Kaznar Turris. But not before the Inventor's Coalition made dutiful copies for their own studies. They developed stable versions of these two, creating the Idris and Epeolatry.
[+]
 Fenrir.Pirinolon
Server: Fenrir
user: Pirinolon
By Fenrir.Pirinolon 2020-08-05 13:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

A member of the Hydra Corps escaped the final fall of the Shadow lord, taking the weapons of the fallen heroes he had slain with him East, to Aht Urghan. He had slain a Paladin, Ranger, Monk, White Mage and Dark Knight, and brought with him a Sword, Great Sword, Club, Gun, and Hand-to-Hand weapons.

Upon landing of the shores of Arrapago Islands, he was set upon by group of rogue Corsairs, who killed him and stole the weapons. Unable to understand them, they sailed for Whitegate, and sold them to the Crown in return for the fastest ship on seas. For years, they were locked away with the Myriad Arms of Balrahn, and the weapons spoke to each other.

After seeing such a connection, Balrahn feared corruption of the Mythic weapons, and seperated the stolen Relics, now tarnished after being improperly stored. He sent two, the Great Sword and Club, to Ulbuka where the rulers of Adoulin swore to imprison them in the Ra'Kaznar Turris. But not before the Inventor's Coalition made dutiful copies for their own studies. They developed stable versions of these two, creating the Idris and Epeolatry.

this just made me go to google to look for more fan made stories, so cool!
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-05 13:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Rofl, ty- someone casually mentioned earlier in this thread about creating a FFXI storyline that "drives" us into FF14, and honestly from a marketing standpoint I've always been shocked they didn't do that from the beginning of 14's life.

In regards to fan made stuff- sometimes I just get bored after smoking a bowl and start typing and let it go wherever it wants.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-08-05 14:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't really need a lore reason to include more jobs on relic weapons, as they were never all that closely connected to particular jobs to begin with even within the existing lore. For instance, blue mages can already use swords of a similar design, so there's little reason why a non-JSE weapon couldn't be wielded by one.

As far as Crystal War/relic weapon lore goes- I think people forget how recent the Crystal War was in Vana'diel History, so tying in stuff like Balrahn and the Ergon weapons (I forget how old they are exactly, but it's 100+ years) doesn't make a ton of sense unless you want to talk about their histories pre-Crystal War. For instance, I recall Ragnarok belonging to a Kindred before being taken by its penultimate elvaan wielder.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-05 15:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
They don't really need a lore reason to include more jobs on relic weapons, as they were never all that closely connected to particular jobs to begin with even within the existing lore. For instance, blue mages can already use swords of a similar design, so there's little reason why a non-JSE weapon couldn't be wielded by one.

As far as Crystal War/relic weapon lore goes- I think people forget how recent the Crystal War was in Vana'diel History, so tying in stuff like Balrahn and the Ergon weapons (I forget how old they are exactly, but it's 100+ years) doesn't make a ton of sense unless you want to talk about their histories pre-Crystal War. For instance, I recall Ragnarok belonging to a Kindred before being taken by its penultimate elvaan wielder.

you are quite right, that literally was just some keyboard vomit for the sake of fun. I did zero comparison to the Crystal War timeline vs the Eastern timelines. While it may be fun to really delve into the proper history and work with that- the above was just silliness and never truly vetted :)
By FaeQueenCory 2020-08-05 16:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
As far as Crystal War/relic weapon lore goes- I think people forget how recent the Crystal War was in Vana'diel History, so tying in stuff like Balrahn and the Ergon weapons (I forget how old they are exactly, but it's 100+ years) doesn't make a ton of sense unless you want to talk about their histories pre-Crystal War.
The lore excuse was always 100000000% BS.
Especially for stuff like not having Epeolatry being added to the mythic making process instead of its own thing (e.g. ergon).

If anything RUN being able to use Relic weapons and Balrahn knowing about it is justified by the lore... because RUN is the one of the oldest job in the game lorewise. (Originating with the precursors: the Zilart.)

GEO not so much... but lore being the reason why ToAU, WotG, and SoA jobs not being on Relic/Empy weapons has always been the weakest of excuses.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-08-05 17:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Indeed. I’m limiting my expectations to the things they have actually guaranteed (e.g. new story content) so that I’m not disappointed if, for example, dark relics are not actually a thing that we can obtain.

Right? People sure are reading a lot into a screenshot and a piece of promo art.

Don't know why there's some expectation of anything more than a storyline mini-expansion like the three previous ones. Expecting some sort of eventual storyline reward a la mission reward rings/earrings is a reasonable assumption. Thinking that the art means we're getting revamped dark versions of all of the relics - whether a new class of ultimate weapon or a relic upgrade - is such a freaking mental leap. That's already pretty outlandish, yet we're going down the rabbit hole of pre-emptive hand wringing about non-Relic jobs not having access, mythic/empy weapon upgrades in future parts of the storyline content, etc... Sheesh. I applaud the creativity, but I'm gonna set my expectations a lot lower and not be disappointed if the outcome is more modest.

But who knows, maybe I'm totally wrong and shadowrelics are a thing we'll see this week.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-08-05 17:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Right? People sure are reading a lot into a screenshot and a piece of promo art.

Don't know why there's some expectation of anything more than a storyline mini-expansion like the three previous ones. Expecting some sort of eventual storyline reward a la mission reward rings/earrings is a reasonable assumption. Thinking that the art means we're getting revamped dark versions of all of the relics - whether a new class of ultimate weapon or a relic upgrade - is such a freaking mental leap. That's already pretty outlandish, yet we're going down the rabbit hole of pre-emptive hand wringing about non-Relic jobs not having access, mythic/empy weapon upgrades in future parts of the storyline content, etc... Sheesh. I applaud the creativity, but I'm gonna set my expectations a lot lower and not be disappointed if the outcome is more modest.

But who knows, maybe I'm totally wrong and shadowrelics are a thing we'll see this week.

Not really a huge leap about relic weapons, they added dynamis D in a similar way which both added new upgraded to current armor and all RMEA, sooooooo..... this very well could be the addition to Empy armor and the boost to relic weapons people have been asking for.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-08-05 17:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

BRUH I SAW AN EGG! REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED TO FFXIV 1.0 WIPING THE WORLD OUT BEFORE REALM REBORN? BAHAMUT CAME FROM AN EGG! THAT PRETTY MUCH CONFIRMS FFXI IS DIEING WITH THIS EXPANSION.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19