users online
Forum » FFXI » General » The Voracious Resurgence
The Voracious Resurgence
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 18 19
By Pantafernando 2020-11-11 16:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Shiva.Liam said: »
excellent work, trying to figure this out has been the most fun i've had on XI in ages

... but you cheated and looked for the answer instead of still trying? Guess it wasn't that much fun...

I think the actual fun was being part of a colaborative effort with other players to unravel a new content what we have no clue whats about and share information.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-11 16:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

White Rolanberry comes from the same NPC as the ripe ones. I decided to get a few berries from Awd Goggie for science! and got 4 ripe and 1 normal from the 5 trades.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-11 16:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

cherubiel said: »
trade to Kupipi the ripe white rolanberry
talk to shantotto, quest end, 20k gil reward
new quest
talk to shantotto
talk to kupipi
speak to sassa-kotassa, shelala and habida jubida
go East Sarutabaruta K-8, check disturbed earth
fight vs 4 yagudos, they are attacking the king of spades that must be protected i guess
re-check the disturbed earth
talk to kupipi
reward 20k

Ow damn

I already earned 80k from voracious.

Ibf4 RMT running 16 naked galkas just to grab the cash, delete and restart.
 Asura.Suteru
Server: Asura
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-11-11 16:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
excellent work, trying to figure this out has been the most fun i've had on XI in ages

... but you cheated and looked for the answer instead of still trying? Guess it wasn't that much fun...

I think the actual fun was being part of a colaborative effort with other players to unravel a new content what we have no clue whats about and share information.

This. The first time in a while where everything wasn't datamined.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-11 16:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean if that's so why isn't figuring out the MM brackets fun ,or how HP? Holy works, or how the shields work exactly on the soulflayer ambuscade

Life's great mysteries, days of fun to be had

(Rhetorical, it's no mystery, just a comment)
By Pantafernando 2020-11-11 17:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean if that's so why isn't figuring out the MM brackets fun ,or how HP? Holy works, or how the shields work exactly on the soulflayer ambuscade

Life's great mysteries, days of fun to be had

Because those answers arent necessary and can be bypassed.

Mission no, there is no shortcut.

Also, there is a difference between figuring an obscure mechanism and doing some exploring effort to find drops, though, in the end, restricting a drop with a move sounds quite obscure by itself. Eventually someone learning BLU spell would figure it but anyway.

I also would like to understand HP ? Holy, but its not that easy to collect a clean data, and the possibility of having a random parameter in this is terrible.

Its just frustrating elaborating a hypothesis, get data that agree with that hyphotesis then the next few sample is something that totally contradicts what you were about to conclude.

At that point i stopped working on HP holy, also because i need some progress in other stuffs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2020-11-11 20:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

call me crazy but this last night i did pop some crawlers with rolanberries and not popped 100%, but now after turning in petal I've been popping 19 each with 100% popping on each type of rolanberry.
By Kahvi 2020-11-11 21:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It was also fun watching some of the wikis update in real time as more info was discovered.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rosalee
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2020-11-11 21:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

haha true, part of the fun of this game is the team effort, I contributed in the trying for a change instead of just waiting for the wiki to update ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I gotta work you know... Been updating bg as I have time to play.

Edit: Walkthrough's done now!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-12-10 02:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So, doing the first mission, was going smoothly,

1.) Talk to Kupipi in Heavens' Tower.
2.) Talk to Tosuka-Porika in Windurst Waters in the Opistery.
3.) Go to the vault in Giddeus, open the door and click the chest to spawn a SAM NM that uses both Meiko Shusui and Yaegasumi.
4.) Click the chest again for a CS with another Yagudo.

Anyone have any ideas? lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-12-10 02:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Never mind, I got another CS at Tosuka after the yag.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-12-10 02:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, now I'm stuck. Finished that first mission next one:

1.) Talk to Tosuka-Porika again.
2.) Talk to the Star Onion kids behind the warehouse in Port Windy.

This is where i'm stuck. I got a "piece of evidence"
I tried talking to Tosuka-Porika again, and Nanaa Mihgo, nada.

Gonna go back to sleep and try more in the morning.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2020-12-10 03:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Read the evidence KI then talk to the star onion brigade kids again. next go to the boyahda tree around the area between Unut and Aquarius there's a small cave with knight crawlers. there's a glowing muggy air that pops a Templar Crawler on checking it so call trusts before hand. Once you get KI head back to the SOB and talk to them and talk to them again for the next mission, you might have to zone back and forth I don't know. Next mission walk out to West sarutabaruta from Windy Waters there should be a glowing spot around the tower to Horo ruins. Clicking once is a cutscenes so summon trusts before clicking again to fight against a female elvaan BST and pet tiger. She uses axe weapon skills including ruinator and decimation, as her HP drops she summons rabbit then sheep. After the fight touch the glowing for CS then return to SOB then to Kupipi to end this updates set of missions and receive Perfect Lucky Egg ammo TH+1.

EDITED
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-12-10 03:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Found the Muggy air, but it's not glowing and it does nothing.

I get the message "Nothing seems out of the ordinary. Perhaps you should check elsewhere."

Ugh... there's multiple Muggy Air's in this zone... I guess it random for each person which is the right one...
 Shiva.Shinsonja
Server: Shiva
user: Shinsonja
By Shiva.Shinsonja 2020-12-10 03:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

read the temp key item "piece of evidence" talk to kids again for a long cs, they ask for ""sublime lucky egg" ki, head to the boyhada tree area near entrance with robber crabs where aqaurius spawns, in areas with the weak crawlers look for "muggy air" glowing on ground to spawn Templar crawler NM, it will drop ki of sublime lucky egg. ugh you bet me to it
 Asura.Kresaera
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2020-12-10 03:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So my muggy air isn't glowing? I got the KI from Tosuka, returned the doll, examined the letter, talked to the kids again then they told me to go to the boyahda tree. I found the tunnel with the crawlers but the muggy air just says nothing out of the ordinary. What did I miss??

ETA: Ugh, just saw it was updated as I submitted that, guess I'm off to look for other muggy air!

ETA2: My muggy air was next to the big tree in the middle room!
 Bismarck.Zuidar
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2020-12-10 03:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kresaera said: »
So my muggy air isn't glowing? I got the KI from Tosuka, returned the doll, examined the letter, talked to the kids again then they told me to go to the boyahda tree. I found the tunnel with the crawlers but the muggy air just says nothing out of the ordinary. What did I miss??

ETA: Ugh, just saw it was updated as I submitted that, guess I'm off to look for other muggy air!

There's 3 Muggy Air that looks like it changes whenever someone triggers the fight then? The one I popped had the glow in the hole with crawlers along with the occasional thunder elemental if thunder weather was present.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-12-10 03:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in West saru now, been to all three towers, I can't find the glowing spot. I ran around all three multiple times...
 Bismarck.Zuidar
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2020-12-10 04:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
I'm in West saru now, been to all three towers, I can't find the glowing spot. I ran around all three multiple times...

it's close by the horutoto ruins next to windurst waters entrance.
just hug on the outside of the tower, should be able to see it
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-12-10 04:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Never Mind... I found it... -_-;
[+]
 Asura.Kresaera
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2020-12-10 04:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Asura.Kresaera said: »

There's 3 Muggy Air that looks like it changes whenever someone triggers the fight then? The one I popped had the glow in the hole with crawlers along with the occasional thunder elemental if thunder weather was present.

Idk that it's every time, I had someone trigger theirs right behind me with the same muggy air. Maybe it's just random? That's strange.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-12-10 04:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol at the title for finishing the last mission in this set.

"Ghdwk Vshdnhu"
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-12-10 04:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone that cares, I cracked the code on the "piece of evidence"

I REQUIRE THE SPECIAL EGG AND A VERY STRONG INDIVIDUAL. FIRST COMES THE EGG.

Using the exact same code as the evidence. The titles translates into "DENTH SPENDER"

Not sure Denth makes any sense. But it's definitely a D there assuming it uses the same code as the evidence.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-12-10 05:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So, is the egg a reward for completing those missions?

If thats true, then thats a good reason to do those for all mules, for a quick and easy TH+1 in a garbage slot
By Thunderjet 2020-12-10 05:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If thats true, then thats a good reason to do those for all mules, for a quick and easy TH+1 in a garbage slot
maybe since this story has something to do with eggs too llol
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2020-12-10 09:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, you get the TH +1 egg from Kupipi at the very end of the last mission.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-12-10 16:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
For anyone that cares, I cracked the code on the "piece of evidence"

I REQUIRE THE SPECIAL EGG AND A VERY STRONG INDIVIDUAL. FIRST COMES THE EGG.

Using the exact same code as the evidence. The titles translates into "DENTH SPENDER"

Not sure Denth makes any sense. But it's definitely a D there assuming it uses the same code as the evidence.

It's ROT23, "Death Speaker"

Edit: Really annoyed that it only checks your *current* allegiance, not whether or not you have Rank 10. The kids say

edit 2: We also got a new piece of music!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 18 19