When Is Doing AFB To Much, To Much?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » When is doing AFB to much, to much?
When is doing AFB to much, to much?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-06 11:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

tl;dr for most of it. I skimmed and saw some, "U SUCK!" "NO U!". Booooring.
[+]
 Remora.Morphius
Server: Remora
user: Morphius
By Remora.Morphius 2009-11-07 10:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I skimmed too, first sentence or so for most of the paragraphs.

Complaining is too silly. AB is never too much, game is free reign. I have a post earlier that I think would be a fair "nerf", because what I am seeing is a general lack of looking for party, and more so looking for a regular exp party. A slightly higher percentage of less skilled players is just a part of it. However I've realized the game is just evolving like it always constantly does, there are plenty ways to make exp now. Easier solo, duo, trio.

Meh, my view has always been leveling a job, actually leveling it, has always been one of the easiest things to do, long and repetitive as it may be. AFB is short, but it's not the only option to appear during the last year or so. New things are new.

~I honestly think SE devs should nerf AB in some small way, but this is only because they have always attempted for game balance and I see this as a small wrench in the system. Whether it is nerfed or not we will adapt soon enough.
 Bahamut.Satanas
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2009-11-07 11:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

how could the ability astral flow be nerfed? also AB is badass just cause you take a job to 75 through AB doesnt mean u dont know how to use it, lol ***its like who here wish they could AB NIN to 37?
 Remora.Morphius
Server: Remora
user: Morphius
By Remora.Morphius 2009-11-07 17:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Satanas said:
how could the ability astral flow be nerfed?
Something like this.

----

Bahamut.Satanas said:
also AB is badass just cause you take a job to 75 through AB doesnt mean u dont know how to use it...
Remora.Morphius said:
A slightly higher percentage of less skilled players is just a part of it.

Yes, unbiased, losing experiences gained while leveling and in between the leveling process drops some skill and little nuances of playing that particular job (even if not in one specific role) that one would have acquired. Not to say everyone, not to say everyone, not to say everyone... and not every time. Three times said, I promise.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2009-11-07 18:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Doh, someone in my ls just dinged "Maat's Cap", took him 3 weeks to get it, we have decided he got the ghetto buyable version called "Matt's Cap"

He actually got butthurt cause instead of congratulating him I pointed out he got it cheaply and I'm not impressed. I mean really, he did absolutely nothing special.

If ya have to defend it so heavily and get so pissed off when the truth has been told then yea, then obviously deep down even you know your cap isnt that great and didnt impress and isnt impressing anyone including yourself since you get so upset when the truth is spoken. Hell, it isnt earned, its actually a bought cap.

Like I said, I'm pro-afb for like, smn, bst, and drk jobs that are hard to get lv'd and merits and a few lv's here and there but wasting good party jobs like sam, rng, brd, rdm, straight through 10-75 cause your just lazy and want the easy street way to a gear piece and 75's is just pathetic imo. I don't see how anyone can say that is the way it should be and the way SE intended for people to get maat's cap, yea more power to them w/e for getting it done but it is cheapened and unimpressive considering it was gotten through afb. People need to quit being ball swallowers and just admit it, the more they deny the truth the more foolish they look.

These Maat's Caps shall now be dubbed Matt's Caps
Matt's Caps for all ^^b
[+]