The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 237 238 239
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-25 19:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

How does the Thf-solo method work for Segment farming?

Which keys do you use on the boxes?

and I presume you're invisible, but you need to turn off invisible to open the boxes. So how do you avoid aggro?
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-25 19:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't work for segments. Opening a chest gives you a grand total of 10 segments in C.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-02-25 19:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Keying boxes gives you 1/10th of what you would get opening them with izzat (10 for chests, 15 coffers, 20 aurum) so don't use keys if you want segments. Mimics (I've heard but not confirmed) give 0 segments. Use skeleton keys for best results, and yes you have to drop invisible, do it when mobs aren't looking at you.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-02-25 19:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
Keying boxes gives you 1/10th of what you would get opening them with izzat (10 for chests, 15 coffers, 20 aurum) so don't use keys if you want segments. Mimics (I've heard but not confirmed) give 0 segments. Use skeleton keys for best results, and yes you have to drop invisible, do it when mobs aren't looking at you.
Can confirm killing a mimic gives 0 seggies. You get bonus boxes upon touching the exit conflux if you kill one.
[+]
 Asura.Yankke
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Yankke 2021-02-25 19:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Ngai be soloed with trust?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Taint 2021-02-25 20:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yankke said: »

Yes, one of the first solos was a MNK doing Ngai.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-25 21:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Asura.Yankke said: »

Yes, one of the first solos was a MNK doing Ngai.

Pretty sure Logical will find a way to solo it on Nin too.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-25 21:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Logical said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
Another interesting thing I noticed, on the two piercing nm's when I died I could get back up and then resummon trust and fight again and the mob's HP level would not have changed. On Mboze he regained to 100% after the wipe. May be a DoT situation or something going on in the first examples but thought I'd point it out.
Uproot (the move that gives it its aura) grants it a moderately potent regen effect.

I don't remember if it's a fixed duration or linked to the aura specifically, though.

Ahha! This would explain it as I wiped with Aura up. Bet you are right on this.

Following up on this, just did Mboze again. Noticed many things I thought I would share. Keep in mind some of this just might be normal tree stuff, keep in mind I skipped Delve.

1. A few times during the fight I would start hitting for 0 damage on about half of my attacks. Happened for about 30 seconds or shortly after a Canopierce was used. Unsure if related but it went away and damage went back to normal.

2. Red !! Blue !! on this guy is confirmed two times during my run. After Uproot, Any skillchain to proc red (I was ten-kamu) and then another weaponskill to make it a three step (finished with shun) Blue !!. Note this only worked once. When he used this again later in the fight I now needed to four step in order to get Blue proc. So now I had to Ten, Kamu (Red !!) Shun, Shun (Blue !!). One of his times when I started hitting for crap damage like above was during this second occurrence. All of my ws's hit for 500-1500 Damage, yet proc still occurred so damage does not seem to matter.

3. Timber... WTF! I know I heard others complain of it but I thought that blue proc would make it not go off or that Migawari would save me so I could resummon trust. Both proved Untrue. Blue proc'ed at ~55%, Timber used at 35%.

4. Again he regen'ed his health after I died, the piercing nm's did NOT do this and this time his aura was NOT up so not sure why the difference here.

5. After getting back up I had 5 mins left, I ran in with crap trust and was somehow instantly doing much better damage, took me 3 minutes to get him from 100% to 50% with my ws's doing 8-12k. Then suddenly at ~50% they started hitting for those low numbers I spoke of and that's when the second occurrence of red/blue occurred.

6. Tested out Mpaca/Malignance combo set, actually was disappointed in DPS and switched to normal Ken+1 set for DPS and then damage really took off. Was surprised it didn't do better as straight Mal usually does fine. Lots could have been going on here so more testing needed.

Gonna be difficult to solo this one due to that Timber move unless someone knows another theory on how to avoid it. Really hoped Migawari would save me. Maybe I'll give it a try on SMN, anyone know what the range is on it?
By Guyford 2021-02-25 22:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Another interesting thing I noticed, on the two piercing nm's when I died I could get back up and then resummon trust and fight again and the mob's HP level would not have changed. On Mboze he regained to 100% after the wipe. May be a DoT situation or something going on in the first examples but thought I'd point it out.
Uproot (the move that gives it its aura) grants it a moderately potent regen effect.

I don't remember if it's a fixed duration or linked to the aura specifically, though.

Ahha! This would explain it as I wiped with Aura up. Bet you are right on this.

Following up on this, just did Mboze again. Noticed many things I thought I would share. Keep in mind some of this just might be normal tree stuff, keep in mind I skipped Delve.

1. A few times during the fight I would start hitting for 0 damage on about half of my attacks. Happened for about 30 seconds or shortly after a Canopierce was used. Unsure if related but it went away and damage went back to normal.

2. Red !! Blue !! on this guy is confirmed two times during my run. After Uproot, Any skillchain to proc red (I was ten-kamu) and then another weaponskill to make it a three step (finished with shun) Blue !!. Note this only worked once. When he used this again later in the fight I now needed to four step in order to get Blue proc. So now I had to Ten, Kamu (Red !!) Shun, Shun (Blue !!). One of his times when I started hitting for crap damage like above was during this second occurrence. All of my ws's hit for 500-1500 Damage, yet proc still occurred so damage does not seem to matter.

3. Timber... WTF! I know I heard others complain of it but I thought that blue proc would make it not go off or that Migawari would save me so I could resummon trust. Both proved Untrue. Blue proc'ed at ~55%, Timber used at 35%.

4. Again he regen'ed his health after I died, the piercing nm's did NOT do this and this time his aura was NOT up so not sure why the difference here.

5. After getting back up I had 5 mins left, I ran in with crap trust and was somehow instantly doing much better damage, took me 3 minutes to get him from 100% to 50% with my ws's doing 8-12k. Then suddenly at ~50% they started hitting for those low numbers I spoke of and that's when the second occurrence of red/blue occurred.

6. Tested out Mpaca/Malignance combo set, actually was disappointed in DPS and switched to normal Ken+1 set for DPS and then damage really took off. Was surprised it didn't do better as straight Mal usually does fine. Lots could have been going on here so more testing needed.

Gonna be difficult to solo this one due to that Timber move unless someone knows another theory on how to avoid it. Really hoped Migawari would save me. Maybe I'll give it a try on SMN, anyone know what the range is on it?

Timber range is 20'. I've been telling ppl he uses it outside of aura for over a week and ppl been ignoring it lol. I didn't notice the damage reduction mechanic in any of our fights, but its all stats down move reduces all stats to 1 I believe, maybe this is the dmg reduction? Anyway, here are a few things I noticed.
1. Timber damage seems to be higher against targets with more hp, and seems to be reduced by pdt. Puppets took 12-14k, trusts took about 6.5k (MM45 so they have dt). Capped dt sam took 5kish, epeo run took 3k. I get that the puppet should take less dmg if pdt works but maybe the max hp increase is even worse. EA and Scherzo ineffective, ignores yaegesumi. I suspect sentinel/invincible might allow a pld to survive. Its worth checking fealty as well as sometimes its resistance works on moves like this (dating myself here but see King Cobra Clamp from Moogle scenario nanaa fight way back at 75)
2. Wind based enfeebles are super easy to land on this guy. Cherukiki landed silence in 1 go, gravity was never resisted.
3. Uproot damage seems to be based on the number of enfeebles on it. Uproot also fully clears all debuffs from it. Didn't notice earlier uproot damage, but the one time we had a considerable number of debuffs on it it did 2-2.5k to everyone in range and killed half the party.
4. Timber is unlocked for free use under 50%
5. It resists mewing. Not fully, but mew does not reduce its tp to 0. Had a sam meleeing it in a non subtle blow set and conduit mew was seeing its tp bounce around from 400-700 throughout.

I'm starting to think SE's idea was to make us have a rdm keep it gravitied, and to throw pets at it. Bst Smn Pup organizing multistep scs will be very annoying. My only other thought is a sam with a full cure-cureskin killing it as fast as it can under 50% maybe with a mew conduit and some subtle blow.

Another thing to check would be if certain enfeebles (gravity) might stop timber. Grasping at straws here.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-25 23:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, we decided to try a V15 Ngai(Shark) now since we had new info on the proc. But well, we had no luck at all procing and things were a mess.

We definitely did consecutive WS faster than the SC window multiple times but never Blue proc'd. So there is some requirement we're not meeting. Also tried using blunt WS for both ws, and WS'ing near simultaneously,but no procs.

Frustrated by this, I did a bit more digging, and I manage to find a JP V5 video where they did get a blue proc. I just can't tell what the hell is going one, and can't read the chat. Also, the timing on the procs seems.. off. Like they are happening like 3~5 seconds after any visible action that might have triggered them.

A few timestamps.
3:31 Verve then aura up
3:39 Red Proc
3:49 Red Proc again
3:58 Blue Proc

That blue proc was almost 10 seconds after the red proc... Doesn't seem to match with the idea of WS'ing twice rapidly to proc.

Well, unless they meant WS once for red proc, then WS>WS really fast for blue? That's something we did not try.

Post deleted by User.
By Guyford 2021-02-26 00:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Well, we decided to try a V15 Ngai(Shark) now since we had new info on the proc. But well, we had no luck at all procing and things were a mess.

We definitely did consecutive WS faster than the SC window multiple times but never Blue proc'd. So there is some requirement we're not meeting. Also tried using blunt WS for both ws, and WS'ing near simultaneously,but no procs.

Frustrated by this, I did a bit more digging, and I manage to find a JP V5 video where they did get a blue proc. I just can't tell what the hell is going one, and can't read the chat. Also, the timing on the procs seems.. off. Like they are happening like 3~5 seconds after any visible action that might have triggered them.

A few time note on times.
3:31 Verve then aura up
3:39 Red Proc
3:49 Red Proc again
3:58 Blue Proc

That blue proc was almost 10 seconds after the red proc... Doesn't seem to match with the idea of WS'ing twice rapidly to proc.

Well, unless they meant WS once for red proc, then WS>WS really fast for blue? That's something we did not try.

Looks to me like they proc it with a tarutaru sacrifice.

But seriously, its hard to tell what's happening, maybe its using wses at the same time as the sharks tp moves? Or its AoE melee attack? Maybe its wses in sc window that don't sc? Although they do get a light during that mess.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-26 01:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

They are getting lag, but it does appear that a WS is proccing red, and a critical hit (or series of them) during the SC window is what causes the blue. I slowed the video down, and if you look at 3:38, the DRG uses a WS and the red !! appears at that exact moment (you can see the lines coming out of the DRG). At 3:49, the RUN uses a WS which also procs red (its hard to see because he's standing inside a fetter, but you can see the animation lines). Shortly after creating a light skillchain, you see a couple of critical hits go off from the Monk which then procs blue. I counted 3 seconds from when light was made, so it was definitely proc blue during the SC window. I also didn't see a WS during this window when blue!!.

If you get a chance, try this: WS to proc red > create SC > critical hit during SC window for a chance at blue.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-26 03:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

They are getting lag, but it does appear that a WS is proccing red, and a critical hit (or series of them) during the SC window is what causes the blue. I slowed the video down, and if you look at 3:38, the DRG uses a WS and the red !! appears at that exact moment (you can see the lines coming out of the DRG). At 3:49, the RUN uses a WS which also procs red (its hard to see because he's standing inside a fetter, but you can see the animation lines). Shortly after creating a light skillchain, you see a couple of critical hits go off from the Monk which then procs blue. I counted 3 seconds from when light was made, so it was definitely proc blue during the SC window. I also didn't see a WS during this window when blue!!.

If you get a chance, try this: WS to proc red > create SC > critical hit during SC window for a chance at blue.

I suspect on the shark a crit after ws or after light skillchain willnot be enough just because I am somewhat sure that I had critical hits after my solo light skillchains on the shark (monk in ken+1 and likely impetus up is likely to have every other punch or more be a critical hit), and I only saw red procs. I think maybe we didn't fully understand what makes a blue proc on the shark yet as the description of consecutive ws too fast to make a skillchain might seems a bit fuzzy ad there might be another requirement on top of it like hit from the back etc..

Plus for higher vengeance levels i suspect that SE made the conditions increasingly strict, so you have a chance to guess a general rule at v0 but you have to refine it at v15 (i'm jut guessing but it matches other things in game). So maybe the tree at v0 is easy to suppress with any multistep, but at higher vengeances you need more specific elements for each multistep?

But also the new update mention more additions to odyssey o.O I wonder what else they will add. And they'll probably fix the lag which will make figuring this stuff out easier
By SimonSes 2021-02-26 03:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I also didn't see a WS during this window when blue!!.

Nah its not what happened. You are watching wrong things. What you should watch is TP dropping on party bar.

Red Proc was caused by
Valgert Vsmite in 3:48 who WSed right after Zbraslavet WSed in 3:47, but I think it doesnt matter, since previous red proc in 3:38 was just from single WS by Goldtail.

Blue proc was made by
Valgert Vsmite in 3:57 after Nomnom opening SC window with Asuran Fists in 3:51 which resulted in Fragmentation.

Not sure whats the conclusion is, but thats what happened XD
 Bahamut.Omegus
Server: Bahamut
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2021-02-26 05:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so regarding the Mpaca set, is there any merit to working damage around the killer traits? either with cookies/crackers or subjobs. with the sets 16% killer effect and the correct food you could have 28% more damage on the right opponent.
Any of the math heads interested in working on some numbers?
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-26 05:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omegus said: »
ok so regarding the Mpaca set, is there any merit to working damage around the killer traits? either with cookies/crackers or subjobs. with the sets 16% killer effect and the correct food you could have 28% more damage on the right opponent.
I am not 100% on this and have not had time to test it but I think I've seen the killer effect intimidate from some mpaca pieces I now have in my ws set kick off even without a natural killer effect from subjob or food, which I think makes sense since it doesn't say "enhances" but +. I'll try to do some testing on it on monk later on. Also there are places like reisenjima where you already have some level of all base killer effects so that should help with testing.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-02-26 06:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
I am not 100% on this and have not had time to test it but I think I've seen the killer effect intimidate from some mpaca pieces I now have in my ws set kick off even without a natural killer effect from subjob or food, which I think makes sense since it doesn't say "enhances" but +. I'll try to do some testing on it on monk later on. Also there are places like reisenjima where you already have some level of all base killer effects so that should help with testing.
Logical's video on Mpaca set already proves that the trait is granted via the gear, as he is intimidating crabs, pugils, cracklaws, and bats, without 'natural killer effect from subjob or food's.
By SimonSes 2021-02-26 06:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Killer effect doesnt increase damage on its own. You need Founder's body or AF3+1 BST body to get 50% of killer effect as Damage taken/done. So you can only exploit Mpaca set on SAM. Without outside help it has the most potential on Demons, since you can on your own put yourself on 43% killer effect vs them with 4/5 Mpaca(11), Red curry +1(6), trait(10), circle(17). Nerfed to 28% on NMs. So overall vs Demon NM, you would have 28% intimidation rate and ~26.8% Damage+ and Damage taken-
For other families the potential is smaller (because no trait and not all have food) and it would require help from BST, DRG or DRK to be truly efficient probably.
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2021-02-26 07:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

In that shark video it looked like the finale that landed after verve procced the first red? Then another finale went off and another red proc happened. Verve applies 2 buffs and it makes sense that dispelling the buffs would trigger something.
By SimonSes 2021-02-26 07:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Brixy said: »
In that shark video it looked like the finale that landed after verve procced the first red? Then another finale went off and another red proc happened. Verve applies 2 buffs and it makes sense that dispelling the buffs would trigger something.

Both were resisted as far as I can guess that JP chat. Also both were cast few seconds before proc. I already explained what happened too XD
 Bahamut.Omegus
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2021-02-26 08:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

this is why i ask, there is a killer food with +10/12(hq) for every type with the exception to arcana. Some with 5 mins duration so you could rotate depending on what your killing. the NM nerf kinda sucks.
By SimonSes 2021-02-26 08:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

this is why i ask, there is a killer food with +10/12(hq) for every type with the exception to arcana. Some with 5 mins duration so you could rotate depending on what your killing. the NM nerf kinda sucks.

Its very complicated question :D

It depends what you plan to fight. Is damage your only concern or survivability too? Generally just food and Mpaca head is probably not enough. 12% killer effect will only boost damage by like 4% on NMs and switching from bis WS body to Founder's is bigger loss than 4%. You would probably need at least food and killer Instinct or Circle to make Founder's body worth for damage.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-26 09:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
Mboze was really easy with Rdm, Cor, Brd, Whm, Run and SMN. Cor and Rdm melee it down to 50%. Gravity, take it downstairs and kite for the last 50%, Smn kills it with Garuda's Predator Claws.

I caveat with it may have been luck on TP moves. But we went in with sam war brd cor geo whm and full buffed. The sam engaged first and the war stayed back for impending death. The sam absolutely destroyed it and the war never got to even engage.
By Guyford 2021-02-26 09:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Mboze was really easy with Rdm, Cor, Brd, Whm, Run and SMN. Cor and Rdm melee it down to 50%. Gravity, take it downstairs and kite for the last 50%, Smn kills it with Garuda's Predator Claws.

I caveat with it may have been luck on TP moves. But we went in with sam war brd cor geo whm and full buffed. The sam engaged first and the war stayed back for impending death. The sam absolutely destroyed it and the war never got to even engage.

We tried something like this once and got unlucky. It timbered the first DD at about 40%, sam went in and got off 2 fudos before it timbered again.
By Kilogram 2021-02-26 10:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

We tried something like this once and got unlucky. It timbered the first DD at about 40%, sam went in and got off 2 fudos before it timbered again.

can do 1 sam dd, and a smn using conduit mew. add buffers, whm not even needed but still safer
By Guyford 2021-02-26 10:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea this works on +0 but clearly wont work on higher difficulties

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-02-26 13:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I know nothing about PUP or it's viability, but it almost seems like Mboze shifted toward pet jobs. If nobody is surviving Timber, couldn't you jam a PUP, BST, and SMN in there and be fairly gucci? Toss in a RDM, GEO, and COR for buffs/gravity.

I feel dirty for suggesting pet setup.
First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 237 238 239