The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 238 239 240
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-10 01:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody tried if the lag is better after the update, and how are the new bosses? I soloed all tier 1 and tier2 bosses but I barely have enough segment for 1 entry and want to know if the new tier 3 bosses of sheol are still soloable and if there's any gimmick to them especially for the Mpaca armor which is pretty awesome (killer effects plus tp bonus plus a combination of malignance and ken. su3 multi-attacks...)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-10 01:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

soooo... how about that consolidated easy to read strategy guide for catching up now that the good ***came out
By Ruaumoko 2021-02-10 01:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, lag in Sheol is still god awful.
By Creecreelo 2021-02-10 02:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tried an Atonement 3 fight and wanted to post some details.

Similar to A2s, only the leader needs all A1/A2 NMs in order to allow entry to A3s for the entire party. It was just me and my bud and we went in as Pup and Brd just to check things out.

After a simple google search, it seemed Ongo was connected to Mpaca, so figured to give it a go. Edit: Didn't come true; Ongo unlocks Agwu armor.

Ongo is Waktza (Hurkan) mob and uses typical Lightning attacks. It seemed to take hardly any physical dmg (like 130-150 dmg auto H2H hits from R15 Ken at start, then like 80-100 near the end; not sure if PDT increased or just lack of Dia/Buffs from trust); couldn't really test magic unfortunately. Skillchain damage was rather poor.

Despite slow kill speed, Ongo didn't seem that dangerous until it used Crashing Thunder. This caused an untargetable fetter to spawn on our Auto Tank and appeared to cause severe Shock DoT (upwards of 200 dmg/tick?) to anyone in range of the fetter's target. I tried moving my auto tank around, but the fetter literally was following him wherever he went. Things got a little chaotic here and started to fall apart; I think this happened around 60%? Auto tank seemed not ideal at this point since we couldn't repeatedly cure the auto.

During this time, I just happened to make a 3-step Fusion SC and King MB'd a Firaga IV, which gave a Red Proc on Ongo. Didn't get rid of the fetter tho; not sure what the Red Proc may have done.

It opened with Thundaga IV and casts single target Thunder nukes, as well as Diaga III.

We wiped at 52%; had the fetter thing not happened, likely would've came out with a win even with the slow kill speed. I'm guessing that if you have a real tank and a Whm, this fight wouldn't be bad at all (or high MM for Trust tanking). If magic dmg/MBing plays some sort of role, Rdm might be really nice as well.

Final note: The lag was literally the worst it's ever been for us in Gaol. The WORST ever. Lag was definitely the other enemy in the fight...
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-02-10 02:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Nah, lag in Sheol is still god awful.

It sure is.

Its bugged btw, when you win and get your new KI, the option to purchase is invisible. Move the cursor down to select the option and hit enter.

4.5-6M per piece.

Xevioso unlocks Ikenga set and the sexy katana.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-02-10 02:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ongo is Hurkan, he chai spams fetters. If u leave too many up or try and kite, he'll chainspam more. There were 10 at some point. Ongo was doing zero dmg to my pld with tp moves, fetters hit me for up to 700. Trying him again, lag was beyond nuts with all the fetters up and we fell apart at 20%. (Mischief x3, me and Deadly, and ygnas trust) (RDM PLD COR BRD WHM and ygnas)

went with SCH this time, like delve, crashing thunder triggers aura, use stone MB to break it, it stops fettering. win~

edits x2: Ongo unlocked~ the mage setm including weapons, all Agwu ***
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2021-02-10 02:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Creecreelo said: »

I was the other person with him, after we wiped I died with the Shock active and it stayed after dying. When I home pointed I realized I still had the shock and died in town. In addition to the high DoT it brought my MND down to 1.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-02-10 02:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gobbo said: »
Creecreelo said: »

I was the other person with him, after we wiped I died with the Shock active and it stayed after dying. When I home pointed I realized I still had the shock and died in town. In addition to the high DoT it brought my MND down to 1.

same thing happened to us LOL
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-02-10 02:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
Anybody tried if the lag is better after the update, and how are the new bosses? I soloed all tier 1 and tier2 bosses but I barely have enough segment for 1 entry and want to know if the new tier 3 bosses of sheol are still soloable and if there's any gimmick to them especially for the Mpaca armor which is pretty awesome (killer effects plus tp bonus plus a combination of malignance and ken. su3 multi-attacks...)

Yah, no. Not soloable at all. At least not yet. This stuff is too new, just took some of our best to take one down.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-02-10 02:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Mboze= Tree= Timber does 10k+ dmg lmao. No doom, just u all *** die~ Canopierce also hit *** hard, killed the 2 DDs. hit 3 of us with over 10k lol

edit: win first try but god he surprised us... unlocks: entire Bunzi set. Keep people at range, and it melts to Slashing. Run in/out and SB it is what we did when we got timber *** at 25%. gravity lands easily, not much else lands well.

Trying something not Xevioso, since we know what that unlocks thanks to the guys on Bismark
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-02-10 02:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Tojil(Kalunga) is the easiest one we fought, u can lol at Incinerating Lahar.

unlocks~ the whole Sakpata set

edits~augments so far look weird as hell.
[+]
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-10 03:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Ongo unlock the full set of armor for purchase?? any weapons too? What's the starting price? Also can you still warp out after using 1 moglophone2 and keeping the other 2 without having to do 3 battles in one go?
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-02-10 03:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Ongo unlock the full set of armor for purchase?? any weapons too? What's the starting price? Also can you still warp out after using 1 moglophone2 and keeping the other 2 without having to do 3 battles in one go?

It unlocks the full set and multiple weapons (? idr) Prices are 6M for equipment and yes you can warp out.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-02-10 03:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
edits x2: Ongo unlocked~ the mage setm including weapons, all Agwu ***

^
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-10 03:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

wait so if Ongo unlocks Agwu, what unlocks Mpaca?
Btw I am glad to hear a melee set doesn't require stone SC from SCH, it's nice when you can use the job you care about to get the gear you care about.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-02-10 03:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Arebati= Lion does delve Lion things. Weak to piercing. Magic is ***on it. hardest one thus far was the Hurkan variant.

Unlocks~ whole Mpaca set
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-10 03:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Arebati= Lion dos delve Lion things. Weak to piercing. Magic is ***on it. hardest one thus far was the Hurkan variant.

Unlocks~ whole Mpaca set
Do you see anything specific making it hard/impossible to solo on monk? Aside from lack of piercing.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-02-10 03:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

For those who PMed me already.. no, we're not mercing this, yet... segments are a bish to get..
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-02-10 03:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you see anything specific making it hard/impossible to solo on monk? Aside from lack of piercing.

Hurkan would be hell no, ice lion i doubt, Tojil, maybe if u can deal with lahar. My PLD is pretty decked out and has all the things, so i laughed at lahar. tree= nope if it TPs Timber or canopierce thing, u will die, plus bunt is *** on it. tbh just find a group. I would not attempt these solo until more information is learned/released. We're taking a full party og Gunslingers people, and they are n't exactly a cakewalk.

Tojil variant might be soloable, that thing was pretty lame. Would not try the others with trusts, they likely will leave u hanging.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-02-10 03:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So far, weaknesses:

Hurkan=Magic (Stone SC/MB to break aura so it does n't spam fetters on you) he was the hardest by far on the initial level)
Tojil=Slashing
Lion=Piercing
Tree=Slashing, TP moves one shot DDs, timberr one shots everyone in range (EA/Scherzo/migawari may help?)
Shark=Blunt, use thunder damage to break auras so it ddon't spawn fetters.
Bee=Piercing

And i'm out of segments. Mischief is gonna do Shark now with some more from our Ls.
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-10 03:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hurkan would be hell no, ice lion i doubt, Tojil, maybe if u can deal with lahar. My PLD is pretty decked out and has all the things, so i laughed at lahar. tree= nope if it TPs Timber or canopierce thing, u will die, plus bunt is *** on it. tbh just find a group. I would not attempt these solo until more information is learned/released. We're taking a full party og Gunslingers people, and they are n't exactly a cakewalk.

Tojil variant might be soloable, that thing was pretty lame. Would not try the others with trusts, they likely will leave u hanging.
Thanks I kind of want to try, my monk is very sturdy and my trusts are mastery 40 and re-summonable, but as you mentioned segments are a pain to farm which is why I am not jumping right in and asking more questions :P
 Asura.Wotasu
Server: Asura
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-10 03:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you give an example about augments?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-10 03:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So far:

Hurkan=Magic
Tojil=Slashing
Lion=Piercing
Tree=Slashing

and i'm out of segments.
Is this the weakness or their resistance?
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-02-10 03:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wotasu said: »
Can you give an example about augments?

Mpaca's
Staff: DMG 15, MAB 15
Vow: DMG 15, Ranged attack 30
Cap: Attack 15, Skillchain dmg 8%
Doublet: attack 15, STP+4
Gloves: attack 15, TA DMG 5%
Hose: attack 15, Physical dmg limit +4%
Feet attack 15, MAB +30

Sakpata
Fists: dmg 15 attack 30
Sword: dmg 15, attack 30
Helm: (yowza) attack 15, DA dmg +8%
Body: attack 15, occasionally resistance to status ailments +8 (what)
hands: atatck 15, STP +4
Legs attack 15, skillchain dmg 8%
Feet: attack 15, sublte blow 8

Agwu
Claymore: dmg 15, attack 30
Axe: dmg 10, attack 30
Scythe: dmg 15, attack 30
cap: MAB 15, magic damage 8
robe: MAB 15, enmity -4
gages: MAB 15, magic burst dmg II +3
slops: MAB 15, Damage taken -5%
pigaches: MAB 15, drain and aspir +8

Bunzi
Chopper: dmg 15, attack 30
rod: (rip kaja rod for blue) Dmg 8, MAB +15
Hat: attack 15, maic damage 5, store tp +4
Robe: atatck 15, magic dmg +15, Physical dmagae limit +4
gloves: attack +5, magic damage +15, Magic Burst dmg II +3
Pants: attack 15, magic dmg 15, Blood pact dmg +4
sabots: attack 15/magic dmg 15, regen potency +5

Don't have access to shark and bee Augments personally cause RIP segments, but others have killed those. Misc jsut killed shark with more Ls members, but he rarely posts here :p
[+]
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-10 03:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
So far:

Hurkan=Magic
Tojil=Slashing
Lion=Piercing
Tree=Slashing

and i'm out of segments.
Also, If it's their weakness as I suspect, are they equally resistant to other 2 types or do they act like sheol C with 1 weak, 1 normal, 1 resistant? E.g., is Arebati weak to piercing and strong to slash but normal to blunt, or equally resistant to blunt and slash?
By Guyford 2021-02-10 03:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shark was weak to blunt
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-02-10 03:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So far:

Hurkan=Magic
Tojil=Slashing
Lion=Piercing
Tree=Slashing

and i'm out of segments.
Also, If it's their weakness as I suspect, are they equally resistant to other 2 types or do they act like sheol C with 1 weak, 1 normal, 1 resistant? E.g., is Arebati weak to piercing and strong to slash but normal to blunt, or equally resistant to blunt and slash?

weakness, highly resistant to everything else we tried.
 Bahamut.Omegus
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2021-02-10 03:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone taken a picture of the sets yet to show of the new styles
By Mrxi 2021-02-10 03:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So far:

Hurkan=Magic
Tojil=Slashing
Lion=Piercing
Tree=Slashing

and i'm out of segments.
My guess would be like how they are in delve and change every 25%
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 238 239 240