users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 238 239 240
By SimonSes 2021-01-16 05:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Oh, yeah. I guess I should report this.

Killing all Atonement 1 NMs on V5 unlocked V5 for Atonement 2.

Then, once we killed an Atonement 2 NM on V5, we got RP and were able to Augment. Although the moogle did not give any additional dialogue this time.

Interestingly, Killing a V5 Atonement 2 NM, did NOT unlock V10 for that NM.

I suspect we will need to kill All Atonement 1 NMs on V10 to unlock V10 for Atonement 2. But we're short on segments now so further attempts will be delayed a few days.

Or you need to do both (beat all A1 on V10 and specific NM from A2 on V5 to unlock V10 for that NM)

This will be the longest grind ever >.>

Possibly even like 60000 segments to even unlock V15 on one Atonement 2 NM >.>
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-01-16 07:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So.... This will be as tedious as Atonement mythic trial?
By SimonSes 2021-01-16 07:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Suph said: »
So.... This will be as tedious as Atonement mythic trial?

Atonement trial can be cheesed, this one cant XD
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-01-16 10:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Oh, yeah. I guess I should report this.

Killing all Atonement 1 NMs on V5 unlocked V5 for Atonement 2.

Then, once we killed an Atonement 2 NM on V5, we got RP and were able to Augment. Although the moogle did not give any additional dialogue this time.

Interestingly, Killing a V5 Atonement 2 NM, did NOT unlock V10 for that NM.

I suspect we will need to kill All Atonement 1 NMs on V10 to unlock V10 for Atonement 2. But we're short on segments now so further attempts will be delayed a few days.

Or you need to do both (beat all A1 on V10 and specific NM from A2 on V5 to unlock V10 for that NM)

This will be the longest grind ever >.>

Possibly even like 60000 segments to even unlock V15 on one Atonement 2 NM >.>
It's possible to skip some steps by having someone who has access to higher levels than you bring you in for clear, so with some organization it could be done with less. Have person A, B, C, and D each solo one of the the 4 V1 NMs up to 10, then they group up for the 15s, which would bring that part from 48000 per person to 21000 per person.

That also gives you 2 free slots for a group of 6, who would only have to spend 12000 segments total.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-16 10:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's progressive, grind content like Odyssey has always been. I suspected that, just wasn't sure how it was implemented totally. Players will always want the better rewards, but the logical thing to do is to just get your clears up to v+15 for atonement 1 so you can fully augment for atonement 2. Or do what Geri suggested and split progress so you can skip tiers. You're always going to be blocked by segments, so there's no reason to try to rush the process. It's designed to be more long term rather than be fine in two weeks.

2+ weeks to complete one piece of gear sounds like a repeat of domain invasion when it first came out anyways
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-01-16 10:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not "just" ~2 weeks of casual solo play, though. If we assume perfect coordination and win rate, 0 segments built up beforehand (but Gaol access), 4000 segments per run, and that L15 is the highest mob level, to get a single V2 item to R20 would take:

30000 segments to unlock R15 on a V2 (312 RP so far), then 99000 segments for the remaining 33 L15 runs.

That's over a month in absolutely optimal conditions. It's going to take much longer than that in any real situation, because few people are going to be able to do a full group segment farm for every moglophone, I imagine the V2 NMs are hard enough at L15 to risk failure even for a competent 6-man group, and it's often going to be tough to convince a group to do the NM you want first all in a row.

To top it off, they're adding more NMs in a later update, which will likely manifest as a 3rd tier, which means we'll likely need R15 clears of all 6 V2 NMs just to start RPing any of those.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-16 12:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate you laying it all out like that so that it's clear how grindy the process is. It will take a very long time for good groups and much longer for solo players. For the sake of debate (not defending the process), I just want to point out a few things (not attacking your post):

Segments came out in November, and players had 2 months to save for the eventual Sheol: Gaol. Honestly, many players (including myself) disregarded this suggestion by the devs to start saving points, even though we had a delay from Boss release. Even just doing 5 Odyssey Segment runs per week @4000 segments/run would net 20,000 Segments. We could have had well over 150,000+ segments by the start of release, which would have given everybody a head start. The Segment block now is only exacerbated because it requires us going back to farm lower tiers to even qualify for boss area, and that is gated by 1 KI/day. So if you don't have segments, you are locked out of participating, and that sucks.

Now they also put an NPC that gives us some of the metrics behind what is required from an RP and Veng progression perspective. So we have the benefit of saying "ok, it will take a player exactly x amount of segments to gain access to this, and y amount of rp farming this, so it will take z days to finish". When Moogle Mastery came out, we didn't have this and had to figure out every single objective threshold on our own, and that took literal months to map out. We did it anyways. I'm sure if the Pilgrim Moogle gave you a list of all of the tiers you needed to hit for MM45 it would have seemed extremely daunting and grindy. How long would it take a new player without "optimal" Odyssey farming methods to get MM45? Even with optimal, it could take several months at the very least, especially for the harder objectives (Aurums). You had to do it every day or you could fall behind. The problem many players had with Odyssey is that it only ever gave mats that people just decided to buy, and "pointless" Moogle Mastery. So many players key farmed and bought/sold everything, treating the event as a cash daily.

People complained that Odyssey was boring and you could do it in 5 hours. Now it will take such a long time to even get one item and the complaint is "this takes too long". At this point, it should be expected that SE operates in extremes. Making it worse is that SE often release things all at once, or not frequently enough. They did this with Sheol B+C, I think they were a month apart. So players who were still working on B couldn't even complete it because C came out and they had to hurry to get into the next zone. They look to be doing the same thing with next month's release. We don't really know if it's going to be a higher tier of Atonement, though. It could just be new gear/bosses within the existing 1/2 Atonement, since those bosses only have 1 item to buy each. And when you talk to the Moogle for progress on augments, he lists the boss + RP you have gained for each. It kinda would be dumb if the boss only had 1 item, so I expect at least for there to be more items in the Atonement 1/2 stages. Otherwise, it's impossible for a solo player to progress in Atonement 2 unless he can find other players who happen to also want to augment the 1 item that boss drops, which could be quite rare if its something like Katana.

I do wish the RP was shared among all bosses in the tier, that is one of my complaints. Let the players decide what to spend RP on, not boss-specific.

Also, we don't know if the RP gained in Atonement 2 could go higher than the rate of Atonement 1. I.e. timing out to Atonement 1 V+15 with 10% HP remaining gave me around 170 RP. Perhaps that same formula might be adjusted for harder bosses so losing is less harsh on the player. Or the max RP could go up substantially. The bosses in Atonement 2 are much harder, so if they make an Atonement 3 with lvl 140 bosses (some people wanted this), it will be a grind to get there, but also a higher ceiling on content people have been waiting for.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-01-16 14:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, just did 3 NMs in 1 run and can confirm that no +20 option showed up for NMs on which +15 was cleared for the 3rd NM. There are appears to be 0 benefit from doing multiple NMs in a row.

RP -> segment exchange rate is 1:1 so that sucks.
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2021-01-16 14:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I do wish the RP was shared among all bosses in the tier, that is one of my complaints. Let the players decide what to spend RP on, not boss-specific.

Then people would just spam the easiest one.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-16 14:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
Ok, just did 3 NMs in 1 run and can confirm that no +20 option showed up for NMs on which +15 was cleared for the 3rd NM. There are appears to be 0 benefit from doing multiple NMs in a row.

RP -> segment exchange rate is 1:1 so that sucks.
Just to confirm, was there any change to the RP earned from the second and third NMs?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-16 15:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ticktick said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Then people would just spam the easiest one.

Even more reason for them to implement a chain bonus to RP. Especially since by the third NM, you'd have less jobs/trusts to choose from, it would make for a more appropriate reward.
By Guyford 2021-01-16 15:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Just to confirm, was there any change to the RP earned from the second and third NMs?

No. First 2 gave 68 at +5, I actually failed the last NM because I was RDM and it took virtually no magic dmg (matamata). I got it to almost 50% and it gave 15 rp. Its possible that it was much harder than usual and that clearing it could have given bonus RP, but I think I just picked the wrong job.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-16 15:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you need to enter Sheol: Gaol other than

1) have completed all 3 Sheol A/B/C RoE
2) have 3x "Moglophone II" KIs?

I completed both these requirements but it's not giving me the option to enter Sheol: Gaol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-16 15:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

3 jobs at level 99
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-16 15:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I have all 22 jobs at 99, but when I try to interact with the Veridical Conflux I get no option, like when you try to enter Sheol A/B/C without a Moglophone KI.

"There appears to be a tear in the fabric of space..."
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-01-16 15:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I miss an announcement or fix?

I did 2x gaol fights in a row, then it wouldnt' let me enter again, even though I have 3x moglophone II
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-16 15:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its bugged or down for maintenance. I have 3 KIs, went last night, just tried right now and don't see the option.

Did anybody see a system message?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-16 16:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, asked other people, same result. It must be a temporary bug that only affects Sheol: Gaol.
Maybe the Sheol: Gaol servers crashed.

The fact that you get more lag in there than in the other Odyssey (A/B/C) seems to hint it has different "servers" than Sheol: Gaol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-01-16 16:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The fluturini nm seems to be a pld. does invincible.

maybe reduced damage on slashing also?

h2h and sharpshot automaton were doing good damage but decimation bst was more mediocre damage.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-16 16:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

They might all have access to 2 SPs, or more? I saw Gogmagog use both Hundred Fists and Mighty Strikes, U Bnai used Invincible (didn't catch his other SP).
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-16 16:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, anybody of those who say they farm 4-5k solo in Odyssey mind sharing which setup they use? In which Sheol?
Starting from which floors?
General Do and Do-not that they stick to during the farming run?

We went in for a run with a group of friends, was our absolute first time in there, and we got around 3k segments with a pt of 6 people.
Granted we lost a lot of time because one guy didn't have the warps etc etc, but I don't really see us getting 5k either though.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-16 16:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
4-5k solo

Not possible to farm this amount solo, unless you mean with alts? I've tried various different job combinations but the weapon resistances really slow you down solo

Tldr. Clear all of floor 1 and 2 and pop junctions
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-01-16 16:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I had an LS member who could sing and buff members but otherwise could not move his character or target people when doing fights for NMs 1-4. He was fine when we attempted NM 5; that battle takes place elsewhere. It was very odd..
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-01-16 16:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies for this being off topic with Sheol Gaol.

I've been doing key runs on an alt every day for a few months now. Post ninja-patch, I've had a fairly standard 33% (or 37.5% if you use 8-bit math) mimic rate on chests. However, every other week or so I get a run where I pop literally every chest in Sheol B plus some coffers using Living Keys only (i.e. ~25 total chests). It makes me think that every time you enter in Odyssey there's a "roll" where none of the chests can be mimics. Statistically speaking if the 35%ish probability of a mimic holds up, the odds of not getting one in ~25 chests, especially more than once, is about 1 in a million+. Anybody else share this theory?
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2021-01-16 17:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an agreed-upon strategy of farming the regular Sheols at this point? Ignoring enemies and popping just chests? A little of both?

My group has been hunting an Angon, clearing it, and then popping a chest. We're a trio.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-16 17:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
The fluturini nm seems to be a pld. does invincible.

maybe reduced damage on slashing also?

h2h and sharpshot automaton were doing good damage but decimation bst was more mediocre damage.
Flutterini is also blunt resistant. I estimate a 40% reduction to blunt dmg. Tested with shield bash.

Normal shield bash dmg range with Master PLD, Ochain and relic hands+3: 262~275
Dmg on flutterini: 162.
Roughly -38~41%. I figure 40%.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-16 19:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news26290.shtml

Quote:
Temporary closure of Odyssey’s “Sheol: Gaol” (Jan. 16)

An issue was confirmed for “Sheol: Gaol” from the battle content “Odyssey,” so we are temporarily preventing access to it. Currently, an option for “Sheol: Gaol” will not display when "Veridical Conflux" is inspected at Rabao (G-6).

We will inform users as soon as we get an estimation of when it will reopen.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-01-16 19:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends if you're farming for segments (for Sheol Gaol) or money. For money, some combination of regular mobs, Agon's, NM's, and chest popping (with Izzat, and lesser extent keys) is consistently profitable.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-01-18 08:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Question, what are the Augments on each item? I keep hearing of people upgrading to R10, R15... but what are the stats on the item your upgrading? I've been waiting for someone to post info on the Augments that are available for these and I'm just not seeing it. Most curious what's on Cosite Bodhar and SMN Ammo as far as augments go but I'm sure others will be interested in what the RP gets you on the other items as well. Thanks!
By SimonSes 2021-01-18 08:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Logical said: »
Question, what are the Augments on each item? I keep hearing of people upgrading to R10, R15... but what are the stats on the item your upgrading? I've been waiting for someone to post info on the Augments that are available for these and I'm just not seeing it. Most curious what's on Cosite Bodhar and SMN Ammo as far as augments go but I'm sure others will be interested in what the RP gets you on the other items as well. Thanks!

Augment thread

Matching augments is kinda intuitive, but I did it for you anyway.
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 238 239 240