The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 237 238 239
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2020-09-30 13:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Behemoth, Cerberus, Khimaira and Dvergr are resistant to piercing.
Wyrm and Hydra are resistant to blunt.
It seems to be -50% in all cases.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-30 13:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you. That will help me a lot during Chest farming runs
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-10-01 10:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

For whatever reason, Wamoura in Sheol C aggro to magic.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-01 11:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like another bug (no pun intended). Would report it.
By SimonSes 2020-10-01 11:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Sounds like another bug (no pun intended). Would report it.

I doubt its not intended. Imps aggro to ability and I dont think they normally do that either. Its probably intended.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-10-01 11:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odyssey Evil Weapons used to blood aggro before SE fixed it, so it's entirely possible that it's a bug like that was.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-10-01 12:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if others have run into this but I fell down one of the holes on the first floor.

I will forever be here now so watch out on your next run.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-01 12:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a number of family irregularities with Odyssey monster aggression vs their outside form Simon, I understand that. But there are ones that are entirely illogical and clearly seem bugged. Something like wamoura not aggroing true sight might be intended, but the example Geriond listed was unusual and SE fixed it. Also very weird is that Ghouls in Sheol B do not aggro blood despite every other single undead having that trait. We don't know if SE is simply unaware of it being a bug or if it's intended, because w assume SE made it that way. The same thing with Moogle Mastery system, when the message was bugged. Nobody noticed the issue with the trait not working until SE said there was something wrong with it.

You can't trust anything in that zone as intended if it seems off. Odyssey is full of bugs (it's nice that monsters can fall through stairs and attack you, and you can't attack them back), general practice is to submit everything as a bug and have them address it later on.

Edit: the chest count for Sheol C is also incorrect. Doesn't display my coffer count, and for the first 10 chests, showed zero despite gaining a MM level from it. Now it shows over 100 chests opened in only 3 runs. Riddled with bugs, trust nothing
By Pantafernando 2020-10-01 12:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
I will forever be here now so watch out on your next run.

That sounded quite tragic...
By Pantafernando 2020-10-01 12:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ibf4 falling in those holes puts you in Mordion Gaol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2020-10-01 12:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The bugs listed here, detection irregularities, navmesh issues, and system coding are all so familiar.

Everyone who's experienced these in Odyssey now has a good idea of what it's like to play on a private server.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-10-02 11:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone figured out yet how many kills of each NM you need to max out the NM part of Moogle Mastery in C?
By SimonSes 2020-10-06 19:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we know exact threshold of how many NMs kills is needed for MM leveling in A and B? 6x each NM in A and 3x each NM in B?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-06 21:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes that is correct Simon

Unrelated. Imps aggro job ability
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-08 21:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

There appears to be a 250+ Nostos' kills minimum criteria before you can advance from MM VI to VII.
By Shichishito 2020-10-10 01:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

did anyone open a chest while he had active aggro from a mimic and it did NOT also turn out to be a mimic?
i've opened a couple while having mimic aggro and i think they always turned out to be mimics, too. starting to wonder if i just have bad luck or if its a built in mechanic.
 Asura.Silvannesti
By Asura.Silvannesti 2020-10-10 01:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just bad luck on your part, I've opened a fair few while having aggro on a mimic that haven't resulted in a second mimic.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-10-10 01:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You just had bad luck (and possibly were also using thief's tools instead of skeleton keys), I had 2 chests near each other and was almost out of time, had a mimic pop but while engaging to get AAEV on mimic I used trade and tab to open the other while fighting, and just got normal content from it as expected.

So far I have MM 29
(14/15 levels from A, missing last strongbox,
12/15 from B from all NMs killed at least 3 times,
3/? from C, 6 unique NMs so far, some killed twice, wyrm is the worst on monk solo s people mentioned it has a strong blunt resist)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2020-10-10 02:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

did 2 runs today, opened 3 chests total and every one of them was a mimic. first trove and now odyssey, starting to cringe hard every time i spot a chest.
By SimonSes 2020-10-10 02:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
Shichishito said: »
did anyone open a chest while he had active aggro from a mimic and it did NOT also turn out to be a mimic?
i've opened a couple while having mimic aggro and i think they always turned out to be mimics, too. starting to wonder if i just have bad luck or if its a built in mechanic.

I have had all 3 chests be mimics on a floor all at once... It's just bad luck. Had several other chests not be mimics while one is active.

I think what he means is opening chests while mimic fighting your trusts (or just 2nd chests is next to mimic and you try to open it when mimics swings at you).
By SimonSes 2020-10-11 05:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The biggest Odyssey trolling I experienced so far...
I was using thief's tools if someone is wondering about that.

[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-10-11 07:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess you take for certain that the type of key have no effect on mimic spawn rate?

Then all left would be to compare the costs per chest opened using each key
By SimonSes 2020-10-11 08:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I guess you take for certain that the type of key have no effect on mimic spawn rate?

Then all left would be to compare the costs per chest opened using each key

I opened around 1000 chests with Skeletons keys, then started using thief's tools. Skeleton keys definitely opens chests faster, but if there is difference in mimic spawn rate, its too small to eyeball it.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-10-11 15:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I was meaning. I've had all 3 chests be mimics at once on a floor.

First of all, what you are saying doesnt mean you opened 2nd and 3rd chests and get mimics while still fighting mimic from first chest. You can deaggro mimic, then get mimic on next chest, deaggro that mimic and get 3rd on 3rd chest on same floor. Description of that would also be "I got all 3 chests being mimics at once on a floor" because mimics never disappear.
Second of all he is asking of evidence of opposite scenario, where you have successfully opened the chest while still having active aggro from mimic.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2020-10-11 15:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sheol C:
Got XII with all NM kills x9, no increase at x12 then we got XIII with 700 nostos kills.
The last two levels should be unlocked with gold chests, I think.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-10-11 18:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

All 3 chests in the same spot within a few yalms of each other. First one was a mimic, put trusts on it to move to second chest, popped a mimic. Put trusts on it also and moved on to third chest. Popped it and was a mimic. How hard is it to understand 3 mimics at once? Hopefully that dumbed it down enough for you to understand.
the odds of that to happen seem pretty low and could indicate that every chest within maybe 20 yalms of a active mimic or if mimic aggro is still active also become mimics?
i know i've also opened chests outside of the 20 yalm radius but didn't clear hate yet by dieing and that chest also turned out to be a mimic, could just be a coincidence tho.

did anyone have a similar scenario as endxen or me described with one or multiple active mimics on you/your trusts, you didn't die yet to clear mimic aggro, but managed to succesfully open a chest that did NOT turn out to be a mimic?
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 237 238 239