New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 237 238 239
By Chimerawizard 2020-07-12 22:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

what are some of the best setups for farming as a full party to get max scales/hides?

what have you all found is the best thing to target? mimics? beastmen > chest? other?

oh, and are bubbles like frailty nerf'd on anything in zone?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-13 01:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder... what was the purpose of putting the Exit on floor 5 instead of floor 6, on Sheol B?
They must have had something in mind when they did this but I fail to see the purpose.
By SimonSes 2020-07-13 01:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
Solo - Thf + keys

Party is great but you aren't getting squat for maximizing scales/hides. Solo is the way to go if that's what you want. If you want to maximize MM, do a normal party set up.

Im not sure if thats still true.
Even if you open all chests, which isnt as easy solo (some chests can be in really bad spot among tough high lvl mobs (Like Taurs, skeletons, ghosts etc.) at higher floors), you will get on avg probably below 200 scales. There is only 18 chests in B and many gives just 3 hides and there seems to be much higher probability of getting a mimic, which means no hides from that chest.

Now good group involving THF and BLU can:
1. Open all chests
2. Kill several mimics on the way
3. Kill tons of mobs with Cruel Joke
4. Kill some Halos + beastman

Assuming you only kill 2mimics, 2Halos and 150 fodders one person should get:
1. two large boxes
2. two small boxes
3. ~30 hides from fodders
4. ~30 hides from chests

Which is 180, so probably around the same as THF, but when you maximize chests/coffer discount, you should be able to pop at least 2-3 Aurum chests using 50+ Izzat from above kills. That should give more hides from additional 4 coffers and Aurums and/or another Mimic/s. It should be possible to get 3-4 Mimics that way. I would start at like 3rd floor and go down, then open chests/coffer/Aurum on 1st floor forcing lower levels mimics if you fail to open Aurum (you open chest and coffer with Izzat, Aurum with key). Overall it should be possible to get like 250 frequently per person.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-13 01:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is the discussion about Cruel Joke and how good/bad it works in Odyssey?

Also, don't you kinda need a tank for floor 6? When I did my solo run to unlock teleporters and do the Shel B RoE my RDM with Protect5, Phalanx and like ~40% PDT was getting hit by >350 per hit by Taurs.
That's pretty high o.o
By Pantafernando 2020-07-13 03:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
endxen said: »
Solo - Thf + keys

Party is great but you aren't getting squat for maximizing scales/hides. Solo is the way to go if that's what you want. If you want to maximize MM, do a normal party set up.

Im not sure if thats still true.
Even if you open all chests, which isnt as easy solo (some chests can be in really bad spot among tough high lvl mobs (Like Taurs, skeletons, ghosts etc.) at higher floors), you will get on avg probably below 200 scales. There is only 18 chests in B and many gives just 3 hides and there seems to be much higher probability of getting a mimic, which means no hides from that chest.

Now good group involving THF and BLU can:
1. Open all chests
2. Kill several mimics on the way
3. Kill tons of mobs with Cruel Joke
4. Kill some Halos + beastman

Assuming you only kill 2mimics, 2Halos and 150 fodders one person should get:
1. two large boxes
2. two small boxes
3. ~30 hides from fodders
4. ~30 hides from chests

Which is 180, so probably around the same as THF, but when you maximize chests/coffer discount, you should be able to pop at least 2-3 Aurum chests using 50+ Izzat from above kills. That should give more hides from additional 4 coffers and Aurums and/or another Mimic/s. It should be possible to get 3-4 Mimics that way. I would start at like 3rd floor and go down, then open chests/coffer/Aurum on 1st floor forcing lower levels mimics if you fail to open Aurum (you open chest and coffer with Izzat, Aurum with key). Overall it should be possible to get like 250 frequently per person.

Eh, this “only” Word seemed misplaced.

And while there are 18 chest, there is a couple of coffers too. In the end, its just 3 chest short of Sheol A.

I never did much of keying in Sheol A but mimic rate iN sheol B, seems like something like 10% the mimic chance to pop (skeleton key).
By Pantafernando 2020-07-13 03:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I wonder... what was the purpose of putting the Exit on floor 5 instead of floor 6, on Sheol B?
They must have had something in mind when they did this but I fail to see the purpose.

When i see something not "harmonic" or "ordered" i always consider that someone programming just messed something and did a ***workaround.

Suposing there is a sense in this, the question isnt why the EXIT is on 5th but why there are just 6 floors.

Because considering Sheol A and Sheol B pattern, what they didnt want was placing the EXIT in the same floor of Translocators. And Translocators were always multiple of 3 (1, 3, 6). So, according to those 2 first rules, the EXIT couldnt be at floor 6. If there was a 7th floor, probably the EXIT would be there, but there isnt, so they just placed it at floor 5.

But why they just did 6 floors, at first i considered it was because of shortage of WoE maps, but there are 15 while Odyssey just have 13 floors so far. Maybe they considered that 2 out of those 15 shouldnt be used to Odyssey and didnt have time to remodel a new WoE zone so they just left it with 6 floors.

Just theorycrafting.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-13 03:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Suposing there is a sense in this, the question isnt why the EXIT is on 5th but why there are just 6 floors.
If you mean to ask why there's 6 floors instead than 7 like in Sheol A, I think the answer is because floors in Sheol B are much larger than floors in Sheol A.

Quote:
Because considering Sheol A and Sheol B pattern, what they didnt want was placing the EXIT in the same floor of Translocators.
I guess this makes sense.
Granted that having to go to 6 then back to 5 to exist feels a bit... I dunno, stupid, and useless.

Considering how large floors are I would've personally made Sheol B with just 5 floors and put 4 chests in each.
By SimonSes 2020-07-13 03:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Where is the discussion about Cruel Joke and how good/bad it works in Odyssey?

Also, don't you kinda need a tank for floor 6? When I did my solo run to unlock teleporters and do the Shel B RoE my RDM with Protect5, Phalanx and like ~40% PDT was getting hit by >350 per hit by Taurs.
That's pretty high o.o

I wouldnt bother with floor 6. Cruel Joke floor 3>2>1 (should be around 150 mobs easily there total). Kill Halo and beastman on floor 3>1. Open chests on floor 3 and 2 with keys and on floor 1 with Izzat (chest and coffer, then Aurum with keys). Then just go open chests on floor 6>5>4 (taking personal reward at 5).

Eh, this “only” Word seemed misplaced.

And while there are 18 chest, there is a couple of coffers too. In the end, its just 3 chest short of Sheol A.

I never did much of keying in Sheol A but mimic rate iN sheol B, seems like something like 10% the mimic chance to pop (skeleton key).

Getting Coffer while keying with THF is very rare. On avg it might be 1 per run. Its not only 3 chests less than in A, but also mobs are much harder, some are true sight, so its much harder to open everything. That being said, very good geared THF should be able to first kill many things on floor 1, including Halo and get at least 13 izzat easily, which will very often result in getting Aurum chest after unlocking discounts for chests and coffers. Aurum Chest opened solo might be a big deal, since it can contain 1-3 large boxes. So THF only keying might not be best imo for hide farming, but THF killing enough to pop Aurum chest with Izzat, then keying, would probably be the best.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-13 03:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not sure about that rare tbf.

Isnt it related to how many chests you already opened? Im at 34 chest opened, while all those days since update i didnt get any chest upgrade, yesterday i got 2 of them becoming coffers.

Maybe i just flucked but maybe also its related to how many chests were already open.
By SimonSes 2020-07-13 03:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not sure about that rare tbf.

Isnt it related to how many chests you already opened? Im at 34 chest opened, while all those days since update i didnt get any chest upgrade, yesterday i got 2 of them becoming coffers.

Maybe i just flucked but maybe also its related to how many chests were already open.

Coffers rate being higher when you open 50 Chests total is only affecting chests>coffer opened with Izzat. Thats why its very easy to force pop coffers and Aurum when you open with Izzat after opening 50 chests and coffer (it will be like 90% rate to spawn coffer and like 60% to spawn Aurum). While keying, its totaly random and coffers are rare.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-07-13 06:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I've been posting in the wrong thread, but I did two more runs this morning:

First run, I cleared the halo on floor 1, popped Fleet-footed Lokberry with the unity item. He did Astral Flow at 50%, but it didn't really seem to hurt anyone. I spent some time failing to kill the halo on floor 3, popped a chest and left.

Second run, I cleared the halo on floor 1, popped Ishum using Grand Grenade's Ash (PD at 50%), and then went to floor 3 and killed the halo there. I popped two chests and left.

When chest prices start dropping, I'm going to be able to pop a coffer in a 2-halo run. They are still at 10 for me.

I ended up with 215 hides.

Exiting definitely does give you CP too, which isn't on bgwiki.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-13 07:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I think is an entire JP instead some amount of CP (or high enough CP to earn a JP).

Though i was expecting more than 1 JP because gil earned after fodders killed raised from 5k to 6k, so i was hoping it was 2JP per NM in Sheol B.

Not that would be anything relevant though. They could should make at least 5 JP to earn then it would be a relatively good idea bring non master mules just to leech while NM are being killed
By Pantafernando 2020-07-13 07:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Unrelated, but i guess there is some distance restriction to beat halos?

On COR i tried to shoot the halo at max range but i wasnt getting any TP. I dont think it was racc problem so i guess you need to stay within a certain distance to dmg the halo?
By SimonSes 2020-07-13 07:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

On COR i tried to shoot the halo at max range but i wasnt getting any TP. I dont think it was racc problem so i guess you need to stay within a certain distance to dmg the halo?

Yeah that was discovered like day one of Odyssey and should be somewhere on first few pages of this thread :)
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-07-13 08:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Coffers rate being higher when you open 50 Chests total is only affecting chests>coffer opened with Izzat. Thats why its very easy to force pop coffers and Aurum when you open with Izzat after opening 50 chests and coffer (it will be like 90% rate to spawn coffer and like 60% to spawn Aurum). While keying, its totaly random and coffers are rare.

After many many runs, I believe chest upgrade rate increases substantially after clearing (the floor's) beastmen/halos, too.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-13 10:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Translocators were always multiple of 3 (1, 3, 6).

In Sheol A, the Translocator is on 1/3/5, not 6. By placing a Translocator at 6, the top floor, they probably wanted to encourage players to either start higher directly from the start or to lessen the amount of time it would take to click the final vortex for your rewards. In Sheol A, you can only get to 7 by warping to 5 and then walking about 4+ minutes to floor 7. In the case of B, you only have one floor to travel through, though the zones are bigger. The distance is probably about the same if you factor in the size of the zone
By Chimerawizard 2020-07-13 10:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

okay, so THF & blu would need to be part of the party.
What about the rest? COR, BRD, GEO, WHM?
would EA/BOG-Wilt (atk-88.75%~106.5%) drop the non-DRK's attack enough to make them impotent or have they been given a trait to reduce wilt's effectiveness? (Smite)

Also, do you need to limit Cruel Joke so you can actually keep claim on the enemies before they fall to the ground or does it actually count even the enemies that don't give xp for MM/izzat?

I am assuming cruel joke works the same as a helix as far as xp/drops are concerned, tag enemy, it will die after a time. keep it claimed for xp/drops, or let it go yellow and when it falls to the ground you get nothing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-13 10:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted a video earlier, just stay in range of them and sleep them. They should all drop and you still get rewards.

There might be a cap off cruel joke though, so use at your discretion. And they do not appear to work on magic pots either
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-07-13 11:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this answers your question, but I took my smn in and killed a halo while staying out of range. I had a clear moment to run in while engaged as to avoid aggro so trusts would start fighting and I ran back out of range.

Also would like to note that I buffed up with noctoshield and winds Blessing and the halo did 0 damage to me and trusts.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-13 11:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, when odyssey just started i resorted to SMN and its dmg were landing, i just thought it was a shame i couldnt do it with ranged.

Im really bad at crowd control, and that just gets worse with some semi transparent mobs roaming there.
By SimonSes 2020-07-13 12:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
okay, so THF & blu would need to be part of the party.
What about the rest? COR, BRD, GEO, WHM?
would EA/BOG-Wilt (atk-88.75%~106.5%) drop the non-DRK's attack enough to make them impotent or have they been given a trait to reduce wilt's effectiveness? (Smite)

2x mammbo, indi voidance and ninja roll and pull on blu with Occultation and WHM assist. Focus/langour when all mobs are ready and slept before Cruel Joke.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-13 12:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Isnt best to just bring a proper tank?
By SimonSes 2020-07-13 14:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Isnt best to just bring a proper tank?

For pulling? Probably, but then you would need to drop brd, cor, whm or geo and I think it would hurt mimic and Agon Beastmans killing time more than it would help pulling.
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-07-13 16:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got around to doing some NM' runs again today in Sheol B.

Man-kheper-re was a very easy Beetle. Invincible and win shown.

Gravehaunter - Corse - This guy sucked as you can imagine. Charm and Manafront. If going to solo must let the trust tank. Unsure if adds can charm.

Also had an interesting deaggro occur. Put it all into a vid if anyone wants more details.

Made video
YouTube Video Placeholder
By SimonSes 2020-07-13 16:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Deaggro happened because Ants were hit by Ark EEAV AoE WS (Arrogance Incarnate), while you had no hate on them at all (you just aggroed them). Ark AoE didnt make any damage but still actually "claimed" them. Since you havent done any action on ants or buff/heal on Ark, you had 0 hate generated. So they deaggroed after killing Ark and Yoran (who got hate curing Ark).

It's similar to you aggroing something and other player going to hit it, then dying. Mob wont go back to you, because you only aggroed it, but havent generated any hate.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-13 16:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

In case none mentioned before, mimic spawned isnt considered as chest/coffer opened.

I didnt test if kiling it will change this.
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-07-13 17:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Deaggro happened because Ants were hit by Ark EEAV AoE WS (Arrogance Incarnate), while you had no hate on them at all (you just aggroed them). Ark AoE didnt make any damage but still actually "claimed" them. Since you havent done any action on ants or buff/heal on Ark, you had 0 hate generated. So they deaggroed after killing Ark and Yoran (who got hate curing Ark).

It's similar to you aggroing something and other player going to hit it, then dying. Mob wont go back to you, because you only aggroed it, but havent generated any hate.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I was paying too close attention to the time right when the Ant's aggro'ed and not what happened later. I now see exactly what you mean. So had he not done that AI those ant's would have just kept swinging on me and Yoran and the others never would have gotten hate. Appears too difficult to try to replicate this into any kind of strategy but was certainly interesting. Thanks!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-13 17:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

In case none mentioned before, mimic spawned isnt considered as chest/coffer opened.

Neither is popping an NM and dying to it considered a clear xD
By Pantafernando 2020-07-13 17:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well physically the chest was "opened".
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 237 238 239