First Page 2 3 ... 174 175 176 ... 238 239 240
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-02-23 12:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
There was no "intended" strategy, they just took the Delve boss's, turned the stats up, gave them various immunities, then put them inside a battlefield where we lose access to our subjobs. It's likely there is some sort of internal joke amongst the devs on how much crap they can get away with putting the player base through.
Pretty sad but... yeah, that's my take on the topic as well, I think it's alas the most realistic scenario.
By SimonSes 2022-02-23 13:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
There was no "intended" strategy, they just took the Delve boss's, turned the stats up, gave them various immunities, then put them inside a battlefield where we lose access to our subjobs. It's likely there is some sort of internal joke amongst the devs on how much crap they can get away with putting the player base through.
Pretty sad but... yeah, that's my take on the topic as well, I think it's alas the most realistic scenario.

It's not tho. They addressed Tiiimber being broken pretty fast and reduced it's damage to intended level, which is having ideally 6+ targets or ways to reduce its damage (Rampart, Barrier tusk, Killer Instinct). The intended strategy is to use 6+ targets, reduce TP gain, reset TP and reduce damage of TP moves. You can mix all of that, or focus more on one. It's your choice.
Once again, if you have unlimited access to jobs and people playing them well, you have several setups that would work. People are just not creative enough, have not enough geared off meta jobs like BST or simply have no knowledge about specific JA/spells like Barrier Tusk and Killer Instinct.
[+]
 Bismarck.Feanorsof
Server: Bismarck
user: Feanorsof
By Bismarck.Feanorsof 2022-02-24 13:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to confirm for anyone following our difficutlies on Mboze V15, we won after the change to BST from SMN, we actually won with attack down aura as well.

A few things that definitely help:

1. Endark was a good chunk of attack, it was easy to cap Subtle blow I when you don't have Dagon and can wear Flamma body
2. Our DRK swapped out of subtle blow sets for unleashed and soul enslavement and kept up LR with random deal.
3. BLU started keeping up def down after Armor break wore, saved Tourbillion for unleashed and soul enslavement
4. BLU timed spells around TP drain from BST
5. BST used Purulent Ooze at the beginning of the fight, this made a huge difference for us getting him down in time with attack down aura.

We used Unleashed and then Soul Enslavement at around 30% he went down fast once the DRK swapped sets so don't lose hope if time is running out as you get to this point.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Feanorsof
By Bismarck.Feanorsof 2022-02-24 17:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

We gave up on killer instinct as we felt the 10% HP was worth more, so we did Arthur then Fargo.

We had an idea to try and get up killer instinct during Invicible but honestly with the BST pulling out all that TP we weren't too worried about it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-02-24 17:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats on the win, but if Purulent Ooze had resisted, you would have had neither, so it's kind of a gamble to do it that way. The only way I can see getting both off would be to have insect out for KI > Leave > CB > Arthur Ooze > Leave > BL > Fargann, and then hope RD resets either or both pet JAs. Would take a few seconds, and you could probably do it if you are fast and the BLU covers for you on the first cycle of resets.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-02-26 07:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I got Moogle Mastery X in Sheol B when my 10th NM hit 3 kills.

I got Moogle Mastery XI in Sheol B when my 14th NM hit 3 kills.

I got Moogle Mastery XII in Sheol B when my 17th NM hit 3 kills.

I entered this run with Moogle Mastery XII and left with Moogle Mastery XIII, but never got a message about the upgrade (probably dropped).

The only notable thing I did this run was kill my third Shara, which gives me 21 NMs at >= 3 kills.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-02-26 07:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

6 NMs left below 3 kills and I'm @10/16 Aurum Coffers, so those are where my last two Moogle Mastery levels are hiding.

I have been entering on THF and doing 1 Halo + 5 mobs, then popping chests with Izzat (hoping for Aurum). If I get an Aurum, I key it. Otherwise, I pop a NM, kill it, and farm Nostos until I'm out of time (typically 10 minutes remaining).

I manage to get an Aurum about 50% of the time, but I'm running out of NMs that I'd want to fight on THF. Remaining are the 2 Scorpions, Vampire, Sea Monk, Manticore, and Wyvern. Using Larceny to steal their 2-hours helps, but Cross Attack / Death Scissors still can one-shot August in my experience.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-02-26 08:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You should try AAEV; she's more physically durable than August is except for maybe when he has wings up.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2022-02-26 12:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, question about amplifiers. So we all know about charging the amplifier with three NMs, then the next trip to Gaol you get a huge amount of RP based on the average vengeance level of the previous Gaol trip, the vengeance of the 1st NM you fight, and the amount of damage you do to the NM. But I'm wondering the following:

-How much RP would you get if, say, you didn't use an amplifier before the first NM?
-What if you use an amplifier prior to the second NM only?
-What if you use an amplifier for both the first and second NM?

Basically wondering if any additional amplifier use would make it possible to farm more than one NM at a time.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-26 12:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »
How much RP would you get if, say, you didn't use an amplifier before the first NM?
Would be based on amount of damage you did or killed. Would have no bonus as no amp was used.

What if you use an amplifier prior to the second NM only?
Would get bonus from amp and charge on that NM then.

What if you use an amplifier for both the first and second NM?
First NM would have charge bonus, 2nd would just have normal amp bonus.

When farming RP normally use amp on all 3 NMs assuming you still need RP from them. First amp used would get bonus of charge and others will just get amp bonus.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2022-02-27 01:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for that explanation Bippin, I think I understand now.
 Bismarck.Feanorsof
By Bismarck.Feanorsof 2022-02-27 05:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Grats on the win, but if Purulent Ooze had resisted, you would have had neither, so it's kind of a gamble to do it that way. The only way I can see getting both off would be to have insect out for KI > Leave > CB > Arthur Ooze > Leave > BL > Fargann, and then hope RD resets either or both pet JAs. Would take a few seconds, and you could probably do it if you are fast and the BLU covers for you on the first cycle of resets.

Agreed, we had no idea if it would land and it was our only time trying, and thankfully it did so I can't comment on what the resist rate would be.

The Killer effect is nice but only helps if you have concerns about TP build up. Switching to BST removed this concern for us and I was focused on dps and time when we did this fight.

I also highly recommend any BLUs ensure they cap recast and wear empyrean gloves for Reaving Wind and Feather Tickle.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-02-27 07:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You're aware that Killer Instinct gives a sizeable damage bonus and makes the players take less damage, right? It's not for the intimidation effect.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-02-27 08:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
You're aware that Killer Instinct gives a sizeable damage bonus and makes the players take less damage, right? It's not for the intimidation effect.
+1, Killer Instinct is what finally gave us the DPS we needed for v20 mboze with just DRK on it. It DRASTICALLY moves the needle.
 Valefor.Cinzia
user: Mipha
By Valefor.Cinzia 2022-02-27 09:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

For my setup, I still can't beat mboze in time, if not triggering a TP move before 85% sometimes, the cycle of BST/BLU sometimes doesn't remove enough tp, and all videos I've seen I don't see the DRK really turning around but if I don't turn around here and there, mboze gets a TP move off.

The only plausible way to win this is shaving off 20% with another setup first, which I've done but again, the chance of TP move screwed me over on the second fight and I waste 6000 seg for the attempt.

I might take on WAR instead with savage but again, single wield gives more TP than 2handed, so not sure how that'll play out.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2022-02-27 12:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

How big is the HP increase going from V15>V20? For A3/bumba
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-02-27 13:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Cinzia said: »
For my setup, I still can't beat mboze in time, if not triggering a TP move before 85% sometimes, the cycle of BST/BLU sometimes doesn't remove enough tp, and all videos I've seen I don't see the DRK really turning around but if I don't turn around here and there, mboze gets a TP move off.

The only plausible way to win this is shaving off 20% with another setup first, which I've done but again, the chance of TP move screwed me over on the second fight and I waste 6000 seg for the attempt.

I might take on WAR instead with savage but again, single wield gives more TP than 2handed, so not sure how that'll play out.

what are your subtle blow numbers in terms of gear and auspice combined? does your whm have the ebers feet+1? Are your blu and bst getting space between their TP drains, or ending up on top of each other?
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-02-27 13:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
I don't believe there's much of an HP increase, if any at all. ~2.2m HP for T3s if I recall correctly. The Regen from the add after 75% *technically* gives them more HP, how much they'll 'gain' is dependent upon how fast you kill the boss.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-02-27 13:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Are your blu and bst getting space between their TP drains, or ending up on top of each other?

This quote from Celebrindal is very important, and I find it is often overlooked. I have joined a few PUGs for Mboze and there is no real coordinated timing on when TP Drainkiss + BLU reset spells are done. The first few times I did this fight, I wasn't watching the log or really coordinating with the BST, just using my spells on timer. I have found that doesnt work, even if you time it to 8-10 seconds perfectly from the BLU, and 30s for the BST for Drainkiss. Once I started paying attention and got the hang of it, I sometimes would go sooner than 8 seconds if I noticed Mboze had a ton of TP drained from TP Drainkiss (like 1000+, because I would not want to see a TP move go off), but would hold my spell if I noticed TP Drainkiss didn't reset a huge chunk of TP and go a bit later than 10 seconds.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-02-27 13:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
I don't believe there's much of an HP increase, if any at all. ~2.2m HP for T3s if I recall correctly. The Regen from the add after 75% *technically* gives them more HP, how much they'll 'gain' is dependent upon how fast you kill the boss.
They go from about 2.2m on V15 to about 2.6-2.8m on V20, then the regen on top of that means you usually have to chew through about 300k-400k more on top of that.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-03-02 04:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I entered this run with Moogle Mastery XII and left with Moogle Mastery XIII, but never got a message about the upgrade (probably dropped).

The only notable thing I did this run was kill my third Shara, which gives me 21 NMs at >= 3 kills.

I got Moogle Mastery XIV in Sheol B when my 24st NM hit 3 kills.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-03-02 04:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I now have only 1 level remaining, but I have 3 NMs still at 1 kill and I've only opened 14 Aurum Strongboxes. I have an extra 12 NM kills over the 3 requirement (Tripix 13, Langmeidong 5) and I've opened >250 chests and 70 coffers. Seems like the system might not be as rigid as was thought and there may be some room for substitution of objectives. It will be interesting to see if I hit MMXV on an Aurum Strongbox open or a NM kill.

I bet on an Aurum Strongbox, with NM kills over 3 giving half credit.
By SimonSes 2022-03-02 05:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda doubt that. I have MM12 in C and I have everything beside 3 NMs killed enough times, but other NMs I have killed like probably 100 times.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-03-02 07:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If I do get it by clearing the last few NMs, my only guess is that failed Mimics count towards the Aurum Strongbox total but don't give a message and my level XIII was actually the 16th Aurum strongbox.

Right now I'm doing Halo + 15 Nostos -> Chest (Izzat) -> Coffer (Izzat) -> Strongbox (Key) (+ 1 NM), so I've gotten a few mimic Strongboxes at this point.
By SimonSes 2022-03-02 08:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If I do get it by clearing the last few NMs, my only guess is that failed Mimics count towards the Aurum Strongbox total but don't give a message and my level XIII was actually the 16th Aurum strongbox.

Sounds much more believable. Getting mimic is after all opening the chest, so I can see that being counted for MM, but not counted in sheol info.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-03-06 08:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we know what specifically lowers the cost of armor? The NPC indicates which NM is lagging by the most, but do V0 kills count the same as V20 kills? Can I blow a shitton of segments lowmanning V0s to fix my server's prices, or is it more efficient to go as 6 and kill V20s?

Really seems like another halfassed way to try to force people to Asura or Bahamut. It makes very little sense for small servers to have to pay 3x+ as much for NPC gear.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-03-06 10:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s total server kills per boss, SE stated as much. Not sure what the formula is, but Asura’s prices are so low because RMT sell V0s non stop. Not many people can tackle V20s, and we capped cost of armor long before it was ever introduced, although Mboze and Ongo gear took a bit longer to get down. So V0 kills count toward the overall reduction
 Odin.Lusiphur
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-03-06 10:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I was discussing this with someone else a little while ago. We wondered if you had to kill the requested NM to see a price drop occur, or if the request was involved in any way at all. It would seem bizarre for it to be given if it has no effect.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-03-06 15:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I now have only 1 level remaining, but I have 3 NMs still at 1 kill and I've only opened 14 Aurum Strongboxes. I have an extra 12 NM kills over the 3 requirement (Tripix 13, Langmeidong 5) and I've opened >250 chests and 70 coffers. Seems like the system might not be as rigid as was thought and there may be some room for substitution of objectives. It will be interesting to see if I hit MMXV on an Aurum Strongbox open or a NM kill.

I got Moogle Mastery XIV in Sheol B when my 24st NM hit 3 kills.

I got MM XV when I opened my 16th Aurum Strongbox, but got no MM levels from killing the NMs that remained after this last post. The three that were at only 1/3 when at this last post were the two scorpions and the manticore.
First Page 2 3 ... 174 175 176 ... 238 239 240