The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 167 168 169 ... 237 238 239
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-27 15:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Heck said: »
the BST + BLU rotation is pretty strict so miss timing will likely be a wipe.

It is very strict for Mboze. We got our first run to 1% before Uproot went off. After we decided to get on voice (me the BLU and the BST) and we coordinated our tp resets that way. I would count 8-10 Seconds between Reaving Wind and Feather Tickle to stagger our resets just enough for TP Drainkiss to be ready. With Caster's Roll, sometimes I would get both of my spells back before BST could Drainkiss again, so I would use that opportunity to not lose a reset spell, and ask the BST to hold off on using his reset move until a few seconds later.

A lot of these T3 fights require good communication over some form of voice chat to be max efficient. Like, it might not even be possible to beat Ongo without it.
[+]
By Heck 2022-01-27 16:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Heck said: »
the BST + BLU rotation is pretty strict so miss timing will likely be a wipe.

It is very strict for Mboze. We got our first run to 1% before Uproot went off. After we decided to get on voice (me the BLU and the BST) and we coordinated our tp resets that way. I would count 8-10 Seconds between Reaving Wind and Feather Tickle to stagger our resets just enough for TP Drainkiss to be ready. With Caster's Roll, sometimes I would get both of my spells back before BST could Drainkiss again, so I would use that opportunity to not lose a reset spell, and ask the BST to hold off on using his reset move until a few seconds later.

A lot of these T3 fights require good communication over some form of voice chat to be max efficient. Like, it might not even be possible to beat Ongo without it.

Funny that you would say that we had the same thing happen to us, a 1% Timberr wiped us too. We tried to reenter and zerg it with SAM, SCH, PLD, SMN, DRG, GEO with Bolster + Embrava + Yaegsaumi + SMN buffs and also got that to 1% before uproot again.

I would also count the seconds between reaving and tickle and keep track of BST ready strats to time it right and would also call out for DRK to stop attacking. I would also toss in another reaving or tickle to give BST time to recover sometimes. We didn't use coms though having coms would make this fight much easier.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2022-01-27 16:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Soul Enslavement will overwrite auspice. You'll want to make sure to recast auspice if soul enslavement wears off before it dies.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2022-01-27 23:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing Xevioso v20. His Impact move, under 25% HP, is hitting our DNC and WAR for more HP than they have. 3100 HP in full PDT. Any tips on how to handle this? When one of them goes down, it's basically cascade failure.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-27 23:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using Scherzo?

Personally, I like using 3 DD on Xevioso. It's a bit more TP feed, but it's better if one person dies vs if there's only one DD remaining (hate reset will destroy your back line). The dancer can serve as the front line healer and add some support and DPS while samurai and warrior handle the heavy DPS. Just my personal setup, since I've seen that happen several times and it's basically a loss after that point.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-01-28 03:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Doing Xevioso v20. His Impact move, under 25% HP, is hitting our DNC and WAR for more HP than they have. 3100 HP in full PDT. Any tips on how to handle this? When one of them goes down, it's basically cascade failure.

Unlike others, we're not using scherzo during our kills. We essentially go full DD for very fast kills. We had WAR,SAM,COR,BRD all going ham meleeing for TP. Our backline was WHM,SCH. SCH for Embrava, Regen, and spot heals to make sure no one gets dropped low then killed by the add.

While it did happen one time that our SAM got hit for more HP than he has, it was due to being in a WSD set. Unfortunately it's Max HP, not current hp. So if you get hit with a lot of Nyame in your WSD set, your HP is much higher than normal and artificially inflates the damage you take. Being careful made this fight a 100% success rate after figuring out what went wrong.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-28 06:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyame doesn't have a significant HP difference from comparable TP sets. It's got the same HP as Sakpata and only 80 more HP than Flamma+2, for example.

The HP difference from Nyame is too small to make a difference (if it's even there for your set) unless you're amazingly unlucky.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-01-28 07:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Nyame doesn't have a significant HP difference from comparable TP sets. It's got the same HP as Sakpata and only 80 more HP than Flamma+2, for example.

Getting hit for 80 more damage than you have in current HP still equates to a KO though. So it doesn't necessarily matter to what extent it's an issue.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-28 07:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It does matter, because an issue that has a low enough chance of mattering that it basically never affects anything means it's not an issue. The original poster was mentioning that they were getting hit for more than their max HP in full PDT (because DNCs and WARs don't have even close to 3100 HP), and an HP swing of 80 (or even less) in WS set isn't going to matter in that case at all.
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-01-28 13:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone post the set their dark is using for Mboze Torcleaver, our Dark is just not doing the damage we need it to be and damage is an issue for us which is not helping.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2022-01-28 13:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also use SV Wind Carol II to get a high chance of nullifying damage from the two Incisive moves, they cannot be resisted but are still treated as wind based attacks.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-01-28 13:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »
Can anyone post the set their dark is using for Mboze Torcleaver, our Dark is just not doing the damage we need it to be and damage is an issue for us which is not helping.
I use SB set after Unleash is off in the last few % just to help with TP spam. Normally kill speed as not been a problem for my group.

Edit: Buffs: HM Attx4, SAM/Chaos, Abs VIT (When DS/NV is up), Killer Instinct (BST normally reapply but is off by end), Armor break 3k at start, Dia2 +Light shot
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-28 13:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What buffs are you using? Hopefully, you're going full attack and not using Scherzo, if the idea is TP reset method. Think the group I went with ran into the exact same problem until the DRK suggested going full attack buffs instead. The rest of the backline was buffed with defensive song/rolls to help handle the add. Made a big difference.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-28 13:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What buffs are you using? Hopefully, you're going full attack and not using Scherzo, if the idea is TP reset method. Think the group I went with ran into the exact same problem until the DRK suggested going full attack buffs instead. The rest of the backline was buffed with defensive song/rolls to help handle the add. Made a big difference.
Damage wasn't bad before full attack, and would have been easily sufficient for clear in time, but faster kills are also safer kills when one error can mean the end of the run
 Valefor.Cinzia
Server: Valefor
user: Mipha
By Valefor.Cinzia 2022-01-28 14:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Damage wasn't bad before full attack, and would have been easily sufficient for clear in time, but faster kills are also safer kills when one error can mean the end of the run

I'm having issues as well, same gear WS for DRK as above more or less, R20 nyame/sakpata etc. Not enough dmg and timing out at 37%. Last checked DRK was at 6800attack, did fullbreak 3000tp but never saw message wears off even after 9mins. Do we need 7500 attack or something?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-01-28 14:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using the same buffs?

Edit Also want armor break not full break, I normally see it wear off using the following set and Wind Threnody
 Valefor.Cinzia
Server: Valefor
user: Mipha
By Valefor.Cinzia 2022-01-28 14:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Are you using the same buffs?

Edit Also want armor break not full break, I normally see it wear off using the following set and Wind Threnody

Oh wind from brd.. maybe that's why it's not landing .. I tried on SAM and ageha lands without issue. I'll try again landing brd's debuffs first and maybe windshot
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-01-28 14:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

When using Caladbolg on DRK for Mboze, I do the following even before engaging-

1. someone swaps to SAM and shiki's me 3k TP with Lycurgos on in the Lobby.

2. upon Engaging, drop a 3k Armor Break on Mboze.

3. Swap to Liberator, and use DS/NV for Absorb-VIT. Even bursted, you'll never get a respectable DS/NV Drain 3 that justifies the JA usage, but you can land a pretty damn massive Absorb-VIT which serves the double purpose of boosting Torcleaver numbers and providing a little extra defense.

4. At this point, swap to Caladbolg. This is the set I use for Mboze on him, and it assumes Chaos/Sam Rolls as well as a WHM providing Auspice using Ebers Duckbills +1.

ammo="Yetshila +1",
head={ name="Sakpata's Helm", augments={'Path: A',}},
body="Dagon Breast.",
hands={ name="Sakpata's Gauntlets", augments={'Path: A',}},
legs="Ig. Flanchard +3",
feet={ name="Sakpata's Leggings", augments={'Path: A',}},
neck={ name="Abyssal Beads +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
right_ear="Schere Earring",
left_ear="Cessance Earring",
left_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
right_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},

key notes regarding RP- Sakpata feet are R20 for the full +10 Subtle Blow. Hands are R17, Schere is 19 but those two don't matter as much regarding augs for whether or not to use them.

If your Sakpata Feet don't have +10 SB on them yet, you do have the option of using Fallen Sollerets +3 while Last Resort is up. It'll be up for about 85% of the fight, and full-timing these feet while it's up means +15 Subtle Blow. This means just adding Schere Earring/Sakpata Hands OR a single Chirich Ring+1 will cap SB1 with Auspice.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-28 14:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Cinzia said: »
Not enough dmg and timing out at 37%

Timing out on Mboze? DRK should be more than enough damage to take it down solo, unless there's something wrong. Maybe Mboze is using RotP and absorbing some buffs like Protect or whatever, and making him more tanky. The fight should be over at around 7-8 minutes if all you're doing is using Torcleaver non-stop (and saving Soul Enslavement/Unleash for the last 25% push). I have even heard of Samurai's doing this fight, and they have far less attack (though probably higher frequency) than DRK.

Maybe share a video and we can critique it.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-01-28 14:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Attack down aura? Cause that would slow things down a bit
[+]
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-01-28 16:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys we got it dead, seems we were relying too much on pdl in the ws set and made a big difference. Cheers for all the suggestions.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2022-01-28 17:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using Scherzo?

Personally, I like using 3 DD on Xevioso. It's a bit more TP feed, but it's better if one person dies vs if there's only one DD remaining (hate reset will destroy your back line). The dancer can serve as the front line healer and add some support and DPS while samurai and warrior handle the heavy DPS. Just my personal setup, since I've seen that happen several times and it's basically a loss after that point.
How do you handle the add with 3 front-liners? Our current group is: WAR, DNC, COR, BRD, RDM, WHM
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-28 17:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

We ignored it. With 3 people up front, chances are the add will stay on the melee and not go to the mages so it makes healing more concentrated on the front line instead of split between the mages. We just had the Dancer use Waltzes from time to time to help out with heals. SAM and WAR are relatively tanky, and DNC can use Fan Dance for survival. WHM threw up Slow and Paralyze, and BRD used Elegy to slow down the add a little bit. Chapuli's normal attacks are all single-target anyways, so it's not nearly as bad as Cracklaw, for example, which might need a RDM to control. But we just let it beat us while we went after Xevioso.
By Ruaumoko 2022-01-28 21:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Another neat trick for Xevioso is for the DNC to hit Trance when Xevioso hits 25% and rotate Curing Waltz IV and V on the front line to spike Enmity to keep the Chapuli off the WHM.

Curing Waltz IV has a baseline Enmity of 400 CE and 700 VE while Curing Waltz V is 400 CE and 800 VE. With a decent set spec'd for some Enmity+ you can keep hate off the WHM surprisingly well. If all the WHM has to do is Na/Erase they're getting an opportunity to cool their Enmity down.

Trance lowers the reuse timers of all Waltzes to 6 seconds, so you can rotate the two easily.

ItemSet 383495
By SimonSes 2022-01-29 02:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Another neat trick for Xevioso is for the DNC to hit Trance when Xevioso hits 25% and rotate Curing Waltz IV and V on the front line to spike Enmity to keep the Chapuli off the WHM.

Curing Waltz IV has a baseline Enmity of 400 CE and 700 VE while Curing Waltz V is 400 CE and 800 VE. With a decent set spec'd for some Enmity+ you can keep hate off the WHM surprisingly well. If all the WHM has to do is Na/Erase they're getting an opportunity to cool their Enmity down.

Trance lowers the reuse timers of all Waltzes to 6 seconds, so you can rotate the two easily.

ItemSet 383495

You cant take hate back unless Caper was used, in which case enmity doesnt matter, just use waltzes.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-29 05:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not true. The add registers enmity actions from characters not at the top of the boss list.
By SimonSes 2022-01-29 06:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not true. The add registers enmity actions from characters not at the top of the boss list.

It's the first time I hear this. All we knew so far is that it goes for 2nd on the hate list and stays on it.

But even assuming what you are saying is true, how would WHM have hate on Xevioso? The only possibility really is that DNC took hate on NM, in which case it's Hate got fully reset and WHM is another on the hate list. Again all we knew so far is that after taking hate on NM, even for a sec, you are no longer accumulating hate on the add.

If you know for sure (100% sure), ideally with proofs, how add's hate works EXACTLY, then please write it down, because I'm interested and probably not only I.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-29 06:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I already summarized what seems to be the main feature of the adds' hate system a bit ago, though I don't claim to be completely sure it catches all the details (especially if the reports of the add beelining to people that immediately raised up is true, which suggests am additional quirk).

In that light, if the boss turns to you, then your hate gets wiped on the add, but if it turns away afterwards, you are able to start building hate again (though you have to start from 0). Other than the boss wiping the adds hate for whoever is on top, enmity seems to work (mostly) normally. There are several reports in this topic of people holding the add with bards by spamming songs on the add until it goes after them.

In the scenario Ruaumoko was talking about, my guess is that the add is on the white mage because the boss hate reset all of the DDs as some point in the fight. With that in mind, as long as the dancer is not currently on the boss's top enmity spot, they could grab hate on the add by spamming enmity actions like waltzes under trance.

I'm not sure it'd work, though; I feel that it would just as quickly steal hate from the actual boss as well since enmity is low due to common hate resets, which would just wipe all that hate on the add away again.
By SimonSes 2022-01-29 08:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

There are several reports in this topic of people holding the add with bards by spamming songs on the add until it goes after them

This is completely different thing. This is only possible after Caper, which doesn't need to mean anything. I'm not saying you are wrong, but I haven't seen any 100% reports of someone stealing hate on add from 2nd person on the hate list with just enmity generation toward adds.
First Page 2 3 ... 167 168 169 ... 237 238 239