Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 157 158 159 ... 237 238 239
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-28 12:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

They have to include a distance Nerf to spells like cruel joke, otherwise people will just cruel joke + subduction and run away and do something else else. Mortal Ray being single target is much less abusive, that didn't necessarily need to have a distance nerf. A good use case would have been if you're running and you get one random aggro. Rather than fighting it, you could blast bomb or regurgitation+mortal Ray, then continue onward. Free kill, minimal time investment. But alas, nerfed blue magic
By SimonSes 2021-10-28 13:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
What is the point though? Solo on BLU without CJ is a crawl in Sheol C, so you're not doing it for Segments. Wings are worthless, so gil is not being earned. You can argue doing this on lower zones, but unless soloing on BLU is for MM increases (Clearing Nostos with CJ is a much more efficient way to hit this MM), I see no reason to ever solo like this on BLU unless you are using CJ strategy.

You really ask me this? There is many people who solo segments and they don't have gear to solo pull mobs for CJ. I imagine it would be hard to manage mp to use MR often without Tizona tho. It's like asking why you melee farm Omen on THF in 30 minutes, when you can have right gear and do it in 13 min with AoE :) it's not like I suggest to farm BLU solo not using CJ, i was just tried to find use case for it that I know some people might find themselves in.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-11-01 01:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Did SE recently change how to get boosted AMPs?

I ran with a group earlier today that got RP/hit the threshold for 2/3 of the V15 NMs, but not the 3rd. We exited and it doesn't seem like we have a boosted AMP.

So is it now required to hit the 94% max hp threshold on all three fights to get the RP?
By SimonSes 2021-11-01 01:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »

I ran with a group earlier today that got RP/hit the threshold for 2/3 of the V15 NMs, but not the 3rd. We exited and it doesn't seem like we have a boosted AMP.

So is it now required to hit the 94% max hp threshold on all three fights to get the RP?

Yeah. I learnt it the hard way too. You need to get RP from all 3 fights (which means doing at least 5% to all). I think this was changed during that update that fixed the bug that sometimes gave amp boost after 2 fights.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-11-01 08:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Yeah. I learnt it the hard way too. You need to get RP from all 3 fights (which means doing at least 5% to all). I think this was changed during that update that fixed the bug that sometimes gave amp boost after 2 fights.

Oof. Well, at least now we know about the new mechanic.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-01 10:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to get RP from all 3 fights (which means doing at least 5% to all)

It might be 6% now. We didn't get any RP from dealing 5% to a certain NM on a triple run.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-01 10:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Were you going by the HP percentage addon? That thing rounds remaining HP down to the nearest percent, so even if it said 95% HP left your actual damage done was like 4.69% or something.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-11-01 11:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Were you going by the HP percentage addon? That thing rounds remaining HP down to the nearest percent, so even if it said 95% HP left your actual damage done was like 4.69% or something.
This. I have always been going for under 94%
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-11-01 12:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have an up-to-date Bst Pet M.Acc armor set for landing the HP Down? I’m curious how my set compares.
By SimonSes 2021-11-01 12:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Do people even TRY to go just to 94%? When I do it, I try to go as low as possible. Whats the point of going just to 94%? I understand failing and not making 94%, but I dont understand setting 94% as target and not trying to push it as much as possible.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-11-01 12:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have an up-to-date Bst Pet M.Acc armor set for landing the HP Down? I’m curious how my set compares.

Imo that's the most obvious set possible. You just go for as much pet macc as possible in every slot. Unless you want to know what are the pieces with max pet macc in every slot, but then why not just use advance search here?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-11-01 15:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Do people even TRY to go just to 94%? When I do it, I try to go as low as possible. Whats the point of going just to 94%? I understand failing and not making 94%, but I dont understand setting 94% as target and not trying to push it as much as possible.
Always push as low as you can.

My point was just that 94 is what needed for RP
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-11-07 16:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Encountered an interesting situation today doing V15 Ongo in a PUG. We timed out at ~5%. My Amplifier gave me 970 RP. We decided to go back in on off-jobs to finish it out, as some people needed clear. I Amped again, and gained 969 RP after killing it.

The RP rewards shouldn't behave this way. Or am I missing something? A regular Amped kill without 9x bonus should reward 1176 RP. This gave me 1939 RP. I'm curious now if it would be possible to abuse this. Enter an NM, do ~50%, time out intentionally. Re-enter, do 40%, time out intentionally. Enter a third time and kill, for a possible reward of ~2800 RP. Yes, this is less RP than you would earn if you were doing 3 different NMs to charge the 9x bonus. However, some people are in a situation where they only still need RP from one or two NMs. This method could be advantageous to that small subset of players.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-11-07 17:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
Encountered an interesting situation today doing V15 Ongo in a PUG. We timed out at ~5%. My Amplifier gave me 970 RP. We decided to go back in on off-jobs to finish it out, as some people needed clear. I Amped again, and gained 969 RP after killing it.

The RP rewards shouldn't behave this way. Or am I missing something? A regular Amped kill without 9x bonus should reward 1176 RP. This gave me 1939 RP. I'm curious now if it would be possible to abuse this. Enter an NM, do ~50%, time out intentionally. Re-enter, do 40%, time out intentionally. Enter a third time and kill, for a possible reward of ~2800 RP. Yes, this is less RP than you would earn if you were doing 3 different NMs to charge the 9x bonus. However, some people are in a situation where they only still need RP from one or two NMs. This method could be advantageous to that small subset of players.

This is a little off topic, but...:
So you don't get the Boosted AMP from the 3x rotations if you re-enter the same NM you previously timed out on?

(Seriously asking, was wondering for a while).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-07 17:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The game probably views going back in to finishing the NM as a new NM. It consumes a new KI, and still grants the bonus for meeting the damage threshold. Yes you could keep repeating the process but you'd just limit yourself with jobs, no? This is nothing different than dealing 5%, timing out, exit gaol, and going on another run and repeating the same fight, without any job limitations. Think the only advantage here is getting the clear, your not really abusing the NM for extra points, just saving yourself reentry time.

Edit: just thought of something; the real question is, can you repeat an NM 3 times, earn RP each time, and then boost your amp so that your 4th NM gives you the x9 bonus? That would be an interesting way to finish off gear:

amp an Ongo, deal dmg to 94%, amp second try on Ongo to next %, amp third try on Ongo to next %, get kicked out, go back into Ongo and get x9 charge. That would be much faster than fighting and exiting, and you can get a free charge out of it and repeat the process indefinitely.
By Littleflame 2021-11-07 18:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: just thought of something; the real question is, can you repeat an NM 3 times, earn RP each time, and then boost your amp so that your 4th NM gives you the x9 bonus? That would be an interesting way to finish off gear:

amp an Ongo, deal dmg to 94%, amp second try on Ongo to next %, amp third try on Ongo to next %, get kicked out, go back into Ongo and get x9 charge. That would be much faster than fighting and exiting, and you can get a free charge out of it and repeat the process indefinitely.

Yes I've personally done this on some of the T1 and T2s to get those knocked out quickly solo.

To give the most extreme example you can enter on Bumba use a BST to knock 10% off time out receive 3155 RP, reenter with a PUP use OD to get another 10% off get 803 RP, then reenter a third time with a real party and finish him off and get whatever is left.

I haven't done this so I can't confirm if his aura is removed after you exit but from what I've seen from reentering only once, his timer for the aura resets if he doesn't have it up letting the PUP swing at it for a full 5 minutes.

In theory this should give around 5000 RP and it will still charge your amp, unless SE changed something recently.

Edit: Doing Bumba only twice and a random boss for the third, 3958 total Bumba RP
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-11-07 19:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be around 4800 RP at cost of 13500 segments.
Killing that NM and then killing 2*T1 would be 3528 at cost of 9716 segments (you can exchange 392 RP from each T1 back to Segments).
So around 2.8125 Segments per RP for first method and 2.7539 Segments per RP with 2nd Method. 2nd method is also faster, because you don't need to wait 3 times to time out. I guess it could be slightly more effective if you intentionally time out 2 times, then kill it on right jobs in 3rd fight, but you are kinda risking on some NMs that you won't be able to even push 5%? How you do it 2 times on Ongo for example without access to most nuke jobs and most support? I guess maybe you could do it once with NIN skillchain and bursting, then with RDM, but who will tank one of this fight? Maybe PUP? It's doable I guess, but seems really annoying for being 4% more effective with your Segments. Also such run would be like 45min, while T3+2*T1 is like 30min. So one would be 4% more Segments efficient and second 4% more time efficient :)

I guess it's a good option for easy T3 NMs and for people who time out on all 3NMs doing only 5% anyway, because they solo or something.
By Littleflame 2021-11-07 19:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Certainly, I wouldn't suggest that a group that can handle killing multiple bosses or at least need RP from various bosses do this method. Only the people that need RP from a single boss and don't mind the time investment (or have a second monitor), and people like me with a lot of segments left over and a second character that needs Bumba RP. I also do this for friends that missed the train on this content w/o having to go through the hassle of forming a party and figuring out jobs for a triple boss run.

As for the T3s I'll leave that up to someone else to figure out how to do, I'm not touching those again.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-07 20:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

being 4% more effective with your Segments

I don't think many of us care at all about being "efficient with segments" anymore. I have over 150k and will never use them, since I am only a few pieces away from being 100% done Odyssey. I know some people with over 200k in a very similar situation. They are looking for a reason to spend segments and just get RP on the last few pieces remaining. We actually don't even "seg farm" anymore, we just kill as many Nostos and ignore Halo/Agon for gil reward, since segments are irrelevant after a certain point.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-11-07 21:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know what the lowest cost for popping floor 4 nms are in shaol c?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-11-07 23:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

4 unity items
 Bismarck.Drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-11-08 00:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I was guessing as much as I haven't seen a decrease in a while. was hoping it would be 1 for each floor lol. Thanks for the info!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-08 00:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
4 unity items

It costs me 2 unity materials for C4 UNM pops, and it might even go to 1 if I did other NMs.

Here's my list of UNM kills in Sheol C:
Lotanu 154
Kurmajara 13
Dabbat al-Ard 228
Choas (sic) Steward 226
Wayra Tata 12
Asena 182
Bygul 11

Might be somewhere around 10 kills per NM for max discount
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-11-08 11:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I lowered all the other floors too 1 pop item only doing the same nm on that floor but they all start lower. Might need to rotate bosses then.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-08 12:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no definitive idea what influences material cost. I thought at first it was how many times you pop/kill an NM on that floor, but I have party members whose cost is still 4. I initially thought Moogle Mastery had nothing to do with UNM material cost either, but after eliminating other possibilities, it seems that it could be a factor in lowering the cost for C4.

Try popping Bygul on C4 and let me know how that works out for you /trollface.jpg
 Bismarck.Drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-11-08 19:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

will talk to my oddy group and try out some different nms on floor 4 and see if anything changes, I also only have 50 cerby kills so it could just need more kills.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-08 19:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I was kind of joking about doing Bygul on C4. He might rip your group apart if you are unlucky. Stun aoe, perfect dodge, fulmination, tourbillion. You have a lot of balls to try that NM that high up :)
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-11-08 19:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

After 4 minutes on Bumba, he obviously goes ape ***and gains access to his Orbs / Aura.

If doing a 3x rotation, and he had gained access to the aura, if we were to re-enter the Bumba fight would it reset his 4-minute timer? Or would he still have aura/orb access?

Same with any of the T3s. If they used their auras, would it still be up should we re-enter the fight?
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-11-08 20:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

They (aura) would still be up if they were not removed afaik if reentering the same fight/mob.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-11-08 21:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I was kind of joking about doing Bygul on C4. He might rip your group apart if you are unlucky. Stun aoe, perfect dodge, fulmination, tourbillion. You have a lot of balls to try that NM that high up :)
I was thinking to just rotate through the 4 we currently do minus TC as his pops cost too much, dragon/kb/cerby/ but might try killing the ones we avoid on floor 1 or 2
First Page 2 3 ... 157 158 159 ... 237 238 239