First Page 2 3 ... 152 153 154 ... 237 238 239
 Asura.Trumpet
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2021-08-16 15:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aessk said: »
Oops, You're right. I don't think they do. I was copy/pasting a lot. I'll fix it now. You can use the DB browser program I linked at the bottom to make your own changes.

Cool deal and much appreciated! Gonna test this out so I can stop checking my silly onenote every time I'm in there, thanks for sharing :>
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-08-16 17:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

has there been any development on PorterPacker's functionality inside the lobby of Sheol:Gaol? My experience is that it will pack gear properly, but will not unpack. Was curious if I had missed an update note or anything.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-08-16 18:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Apkallus don't have dispel but Puks do.

I tried editing the db but I kept getting the error "Error changing data: unable to open database file". Solved by running the program as an admin.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-08-17 10:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
has there been any development on PorterPacker's functionality inside the lobby of Sheol:Gaol? My experience is that it will pack gear properly, but will not unpack. Was curious if I had missed an update note or anything.
I just added the two WoE zones to my lua and everything works for me.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-08-19 19:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I just added the two WoE zones to my lua and everything works for me.

Sorry for a late thank you, but a thank you needed nonetheless! Finally had an NM night since you posted this, and yes, completely normal functionality inside the lobby of Sheol:Gaol with that addition. Much appreciated!
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2021-08-27 00:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I was looking through pages and had a couple questions regarding amplifiers.
So when I do the initial three fights using all three ki, do I need to use an amp to get the bonus next time I enter?

Also, does this boosted amplifier apply to all nms on the run?
So say I'm on boosted run, use an amp on each nm I fight, I get the boosted amp for each fight?
By SimonSes 2021-08-27 00:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kingofthenorth said: »
So, I was looking through pages and had a couple questions regarding amplifiers.
So when I do the initial three fights using all three ki, do I need to use an amp to get the bonus next time I enter?

Also, does this boosted amplifier apply to all nms on the run?
So say I'm on boosted run, use an amp on each nm I fight, I get the boosted amp for each fight?

No, boost is only for the first amplifier used and afaik you can preserve the bonus if none in party use amplifier. So you can make single fight with none using amplifier, then go out and go in again and bonus is still up.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-27 00:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The bonus only wears off when you use an amplifier on a boosted run, but it's based on the individual not the group. So someone in the group can use l boosted amplifier and only they will lose their bonus if nobody else used their amp. Now while you're building a boosted amplifier, only one person needs to use an amplifier on the group for everyone to receive the message for bonus rp.
By SimonSes 2021-08-27 02:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Now while you're building a boosted amplifier, only one person needs to use an amplifier on the group for everyone to receive the message for bonus rp.

Pretty sure none needs to use anything. 3runs with RP just gives you boost. None needs to use amplifier.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-08-27 04:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Now while you're building a boosted amplifier, only one person needs to use an amplifier on the group for everyone to receive the message for bonus rp.

Pretty sure none needs to use anything. 3runs with RP just gives you boost. None needs to use amplifier.
There's literally a text line stating "You now have boosted RP because someone in your party used a Moogle Amplifier." Now, I wouldn't put it past SE to just forget to code in using the Amp as a requirement, but you're free to spend the segments to test it.
By SimonSes 2021-08-27 06:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
SimonSes said: »

There's literally a text line stating "You now have boosted RP because someone in your party used a Moogle Amplifier." Now, I wouldn't put it past SE to just forget to code in using the Amp as a requirement, but you're free to spend the segments to test it.

I cant really, because Im in static and we keep doing 3 fights with Amplifier. Maybe at some day for science, but I think I have already done that in the past and Im 95% sure you dont need Amplifier.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2021-08-27 08:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That's still confusing to me.
So you actually have to buy 2 amplifiers? One to use before doing the 3 runs, and a second to use afterwards?
By SimonSes 2021-08-27 08:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
So you actually have to buy 2 amplifiers? One to use before doing the 3 runs, and a second to use afterwards?

Imo you dont need any to charge the bonus. Also you can just do 3 fights all the time using boosted Amp for every time, which would result in one amp being both used to get points and during charging.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2021-08-27 11:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »

Pop amplifier before the run, kill 3 nms, repeat
 Bahamut.Kwech
Server: Bahamut
user: Kwech
By Bahamut.Kwech 2021-08-27 13:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

3x NMs in the same run charges the bonus. Using an amplifier activates that bonus and is consumed the next time you obtain any amount of RP.

Our group has done a few various screwups:
1) gone into the waiting room with full bonus and amp used, realized someone was missing amp, used exit item, re-enter, fight and kill mob and get full bonus RP.

2) gone into a fight with x9 bonus and amp active, wiped(homepointed) and re-entered, win and get x9 RP.
By SimonSes 2021-08-27 14:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »

I think the JP version says something like

"You will now receive more RP, when you use Moogle Amplifier"

English version says

"you now receive more RP, because you used moogle amplifier"

Im like 99.9% sure its broken translation and should be

"you will now receive more RP, because if you used moogle amplifier"
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-08-27 14:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There is two different messages for English.

"You now receive more RP because you used a moogle amplifier."

"You will be able to receive more RP if you use a moogle amplifier."

If anyone uses an amp in the party you get the top message even if you don't personally.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-08-27 14:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Here, I'll settle this debate from firsthand experience. I've gone in solo and fought Ubnai, Dehlan-Dhe, and Gogmagog on veng 15 with trusts. I chipped each as low as I could with reraise up and after I died I just reraised and waited to get booted to the lobby. I never used a moogle amplifier on any of the nms, and after my third fight ended my moogle amp was charged for the next run.

So no, you don't have to use a moogle amp to get the charged status. The only thing that matters is you fight three atonement NM's in succession without exiting gaol, and that you deal enough damage to each to get RP on exit.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2021-08-27 15:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
that you deal enough damage to each to get RP on exit

So this is something I'm curious about- we attempted a tier 3 v15 as our second NM after bumba and promptly wiped after bringing it to 96%, but we figured we would get RP anyway. We did not get RP but we still got fully charged status for our next bumba.
By Littleflame 2021-08-27 15:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »

So this is something I'm curious about- we attempted a tier 3 v15 as our second NM after bumba and promptly wiped after bringing it to 96%, but we figured we would get RP anyway. We did not get RP but we still got fully charged status for our next bumba.

Yes you do not actually need to receive RP to charge an amp, I'm not entirely sure if you even need to engage the boss or not at this point, but I have done tests in which I did not receive RP on 2 bosses but did on the third and received a fully charged amp all at V15.

I need to test if V level effects the bonus the amp gives or not also.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-08-27 15:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »

I think you need 94%
 Asura.Aessk
user: Hobbes423
By Asura.Aessk 2021-08-27 15:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only ever charged with a party, killing the NMs. But from what is being said here, The only real benefits from killing the NMs is the initial 1x RP, and the unlock.
Otherwise, you can go in solo. Presumably engage the NM (Maybe not?). Time out. Repeat. And once you get the initial charge you can make 1 of those NMs the one you actually want RP from. Pop amp on that one, receive x8 RP regardless of kill. Do two more NMs. Receive a new charge and repeat. Never actually doing much work at all.

Edit: Likely you have to get the NM you actually want RP from to 94%
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2021-08-27 16:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to bring it down at least to 95% to get RP.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-08-27 16:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
I've been bringing double amplifiers to my runs and they seem to have an odd interaction, it goes like:

Bumba - 3528 RP with amp and 9x
followed by
Arebati to 95% - 793 RP with amp
followed by
Gog kill usual 300 ish RP.

Not sure why using an amp and taking arebati to 95% seems to reward 793 RP (my alt gets 9 RP with no amp) when the 9x bonus has already been expended.

The amplifiers give you the (Base RP 392) x (2,4,6 or 8 boost depending on amp charge) + RP from current kill. So you're getting the 392x2 + 9 on Arebati.
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2021-08-27 17:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been bringing double amplifiers to my runs and they seem to have an odd interaction, it goes like:

followed by
followed by

Not sure why using an amp and taking arebati to 95% seems to reward 793 RP (my alt gets 9 RP with no amp) when the 9x bonus has already been expended.
Sorry, when you say 9x, what are you referring to?
 Siren.Hillclimb
Server: Siren
user: Hillclimb
By Siren.Hillclimb 2021-08-27 17:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kingofthenorth said: »

followed by
followed by

Sorry, when you say 9x, what are you referring to?

9x the RP. 3x for being charged, 3x for the amp.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-08-27 19:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The amps do not give a multiplier of total, they give a giant front loaded bonus for doing at least 5% HP. You can get Bumba to 94% HP, wipe, reraise and wait for the timeout, and still get ~3K RP. Afterwards you can get one of the other T3 NM's to 94%, wipe, and walk out with ~798 RP. Getting that same NM down to 74% only nets about ~880 RP.

Our current method is to use a Mog Amp on each of these.

V15 Bumba -> V15 Kalunga -> V15 Ngai

Results is 3.5K for full kill Bumba and 790~850 for the other two depending how far down we can get their HP.

Also the "charge" is consumed at the same time the amp is, so if you don't pop an amp on Bumba but do on Kalunga, you get the 3K points there. The "charge" is applied when you zone out of the lobby. Using this it's possible to always exist with a full charge and level up on a ton of gear at once.
By SimonSes 2021-08-28 02:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The preloaded bonus is still multiplier, just not multiplier for points you get, but max points you can get (like Berzerk explained)

Normal amplifier gives 2* max RP you can get for the fight
If you do V15 that max is 392, so it gives 392*2
For amplifier charged with 3* V15 fights, it's 8* multiplier.
To activate that bonus points, you need to get target to at least 95%.

I think it's actually an error in coding and amplifier was suppose to multiply RP you get, not max RP, but they *** up and maybe it was too late to fix it when they realized.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 152 153 154 ... 237 238 239