First Page 2 3 ... 143 144 145 ... 237 238 239
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-06-18 10:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Either I'm missing something or you guys are contradicting yourselves.

The cost to open a chest is based on the stats of the person trying to open it (nothing to do with the pt in the zone with you), I can confirm this.

About "chests opened by other pt members counting towards your number of opened chests" I have two things to say:
1) Yes, if someone else in my pt opens a chest, the counter on the Pilgrim Moogle goes up
2) No, I didn't cap at 8 points (roughly ~50% cost reduction) for Coffers at 50, but exactely at 250. So either the number 50 is wrong, or the cost goes down not according to the total number of opened coffers (that you can check on the Pilgrim Moogle) but on the total number of coffers opened by you.

If things are like this, then maybe it's just a coincidence that the 250th coffer I opened was actually the 50th I truly opened myself.
The only possibility is that you're just mistaken on some point of your experience; I and many other people can 100% confirm that everyone opening counts for discounts (including with keys), and discounts cap at 50 opened, not 250.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-06-18 12:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I will try to check on various chars today and let you know.

The display error is no longer there.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-18 13:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Either I'm missing something or you guys are contradicting yourselves.

The cost to open a chest is based on the stats of the person trying to open it (nothing to do with the pt in the zone with you), I can confirm this.

About "chests opened by other pt members counting towards your number of opened chests" I have two things to say:
1) Yes, if someone else in my pt opens a chest, the counter on the Pilgrim Moogle goes up
2) No, I didn't cap at 8 points (roughly ~50% cost reduction) for Coffers at 50, but exactely at 250. So either the number 50 is wrong, or the cost goes down not according to the total number of opened coffers (that you can check on the Pilgrim Moogle) but on the total number of coffers opened by you.

If things are like this, then maybe it's just a coincidence that the 250th coffer I opened was actually the 50th I truly opened myself.
The only possibility is that you're just mistaken on some point of your experience; I and many other people can 100% confirm that everyone opening counts for discounts (including with keys), and discounts cap at 50 opened, not 250.
Can confirm that Coffers were not 8 points at 249 coffers (which is like the other day?)
Now I'm at something like 251 and it costs 8 points.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-06-18 14:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm was at 8 points with like 120 coffer opened last time I checked
By SimonSes 2021-06-18 14:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

70 Coffer on Baniak and it costs 8.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-18 14:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Aheeeem...

It was 49 into 51 not 249 into 251. Those are Chests lmao

Sorry everyone XD
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2021-06-18 14:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

How are people gonna trust italians if you keep posting wrong info...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-19 11:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to point out that Ninja is feasible in Segment Farm groups, provided it is well-geared. I was afraid it would lag terribly behind my WAR and SAM, and surprisingly, I parsed higher than my R15 Chango/Sakpata/Tatenashi WAR. My group was nice enough to let me try it out and I am happy I did. Hybrid WS work very well in Sheol C, depending on the monster. WS frequency is so high and with as many monsters that hybrid can work on, it puts out some great damage. Weapons used were R15 Heishi, Tauret, and R15 Kikoku and I swapped between the three for different monsters.

For slashing resist monsters (Aquans, for example), I started off swapping from Heishi to Evisceration with Tauret, but that averaged about 22k WS. Swapped back to Heishi and was able to pump 22-45k+ Blade Chi, even with the resistance. On C1-2 Agon Beastmen, I was able to rip off Blade Chi or Blade: Ten for similar numbers (in the 27k-40k range), with the exception of Lamiae, where I used Tauret. Damage did fall behind a little bit here, so this is one group you may struggle on. On C4 Agon Beastmen, the damage on Blade Chi started to fall, so I swapped from Heishi to Kikoku and spammed Metsu (around 27k with Darkness SC). It worked out well. and killed about the same speed as my WAR. C4 Agon Beastmen DPS was noticeably slower, mostly because I didn't have MS or SV songs, so I used Mikage for the Agon group. In general, I used Heishi for anything I could land Blade Chi on, Tauret for Lamia, and Kikoku for everything else.

Fortunately, I didn't run into any undead monsters (skeleton, ghouls), where I assume NIN would struggle pretty badly, but it more than makes up for it on other monster groups. Was even able to hit capped damage on C1, but only around 70-80k tops on C2 and C3 was closer to 45k. Not saying NIN is wildly better than other jobs, but it sure was fun, and was relatively safe behind shadows, which Odyssey is one of the few events where Shadows still is very useful.

Buffs were Chaos/SAM 3 Minuets + HM VM.

[+]
By Vaerix 2021-06-19 12:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Newest fight comp and will be the comp for the foreseeable future.

A3 Ongo V15
BLM/COR/BRD/GEO/SCH/RUN
Int etude x2, Ballad x2, VM, (Cor gets Prelude x1, HM, Agi Etude x1) Evoker and Warlock/wizards for mages, Sam for self. Tabula grav SC while up, after tabula, sniper > earth immanence for scission.

A1 Gogmagog
MNK/RDM/BST/BLU/WAR/PLD
TP Drainkiss during 1hr

A2 Procne
DRG/PUP/SMN/DNC/SAM/WHM(*Could* be ANY in the future, looked like all damage was conal at the pup tank)
EA/H2/TP Bonus/Warcry SMN buffs,
(EA is superfluous but a nice safety net)
SMN Manages DNC and SAM Enmity, DRG Manages DRG enmity, PUP TANK does PUP Tank things.
By SimonSes 2021-06-20 03:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Buffs were Chaos/SAM 3 Minuets + HM VM.

And what gear? 4/5 Nyame R20?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-20 10:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. Katana is also R20. No Orpheus, and I can't remember if it's regal ring or hetaroi, but it's close to this.

ItemSet 380353
By SimonSes 2021-06-20 10:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You should probably mention that, because the difference between Nyame R20 hybrid and non Nyame is gigantic in path C. So full sentence should be something like this

Just wanted to point out that Ninja is feasible in Segment Farm groups, provided it is well-geared including Nyame R20 body/hands/legs/feet
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-20 11:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

A "well geared" hybrid ninja is a rank 20 Nyame or comparable. It's been several months since Nyame was released and R20 has been obtained by many players. It doesn't really require an explanation at this point. I'm not going to spell out every single Ranked piece in a set, unless someone asks, which you did and I responded accordingly.

Look at you telling people how their sentences should be worded.
By SimonSes 2021-06-20 12:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well geared doesn't by any means tell anyone they need R20 Nyame. Logical's NIN is above well geared and missing Nyame (I think). Nyame is very specific gear required for Hybrid to works that good. There is no alternative really. You need mab/att/acc/macc in very high amount. There is not much things like that and Nyame has even WSD on top. You simply need Nyame and you should mention that if you want to report good performance of NIN.

Also assuming 4/5 Nyame R20 in well geared category is at least misleading.

No idea why you are butthurt about it. I simply wanted to make your post more informative and less confusing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-20 12:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody is butthurt, and the post is far from misleading or confusing. I included as much detail about the experience playing Ninja in Odyssey. That's primarily what the focus was. I didn't put the emphasis on the gear because YMMV if you are getting optimal buffs. I'm not going to make the determination on what gear someone needs for "good performance on ninja". Someone else posted in a ninja thread better damage with lower ranked augments. Somewhat else may be able to use fighters roll or bring along some other form of ideal buffs with better results and lesser gear. It's really besides the point.

You have a tendency to be persnickety in your analysis of things. If you have a question about the post, ask and you will get the answer to it. Simple.
By SimonSes 2021-06-20 13:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Look Nyame R20 is 35+% (assuming you have enough macc with that, because with partial resists its MUCH more) above Herculean 5%WSD/35MAB which is next best thing excluding DM augments. You put emphasis on Hybrid WSs in that performance. Nyame is key equipment for that performance and its not the same situation with gear as idk Caladbolg DRK with next best thing items loosing 5-10% to bis.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-06-20 13:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »
A1 Gogmagog
MNK/RDM/BST/BLU/WAR/PLD
TP Drainkiss during 1hr

Just use Sudden Lunge during 1-hour window. Only takes 3~4 casts to burn through a 30 second window.

Or better yet, Intervene. '-')
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-20 16:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Look Nyame R20 is 35+% (assuming you have enough macc with that, because with partial resists its MUCH more) above Herculean 5%WSD/35MAB which is next best thing excluding DM augments. You put emphasis on Hybrid WSs in that performance. Nyame is key equipment for that performance and its not the same situation with gear as idk Caladbolg DRK with next best thing items loosing 5-10% to bis.

I understand how valuable nyame r20 is, you don't need to spell it out. I was just making a ninja appreciation post for those who might not have known how well it can perform. Not really getting into particulars about it, buffs, gear etc, but just showing that you don't have to necessarily have the optimal 3-5 Odyssey DD jobs to be effective. For someone who loves Ninja but might be blocked from using it in Odyssey for fear it might not perform well, the idea was to show potential. Especially for an event you do every day and can get sick of quickly.

What I showed is the upper end of what you can expect. Doesn't mean someone with less than perfect gear can't still get some use out of it in Odyssey
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-20 16:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to point out that Ninja is feasible in Segment Farm groups
Would love to see your sets in detail, maybe in the NIN thread rather than here. Would really help anybody else willing to try NIN in Segments, I know I am.

Your numbers seem pretty low tbf, I think the major difference between DDs in Odyssey is being able to oneshot monsters or not.
If you don't oneshot them wether you remove 75% of their health with a single WS or 50% it doesn't matter, because you're still gonna have to WS twice to kill it.
And yes, I think that's a major difference setting apart DDs who can achieve that from those who cannot.

But I digressed.
If you have time Buukki, I'd love to see your:
1) TP set
2) Ten set
3) Chi set
4) Evisceration set

Did you use any other hybrid WS other than Chi? Do you know which targets it works well against and those where it doesn't work?
Also surprisingly you didn't list Savage Blade. You refused to use Naegling? Kudos to you if you did xD
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-06-20 16:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

75% in one WS is just fine if your melee hits are strong enough to bring them to that point quickly before you WS. Very few DDs legitimately oneshot from full HP with normal Odyssey buffs, since they have like 70-80k HP.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-20 17:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
75% in one WS is just fine if your melee hits are strong enough to bring them to that point quickly before you WS.
Yeah I found that somewhat viable when I'm on MNK, with Vere AM3 up and I'm fighting something that's not resistant to blunt.

Quote:
Very few DDs legitimately oneshot from full HP with normal Odyssey buffs
Yes very few DDs, and it's why I'm saying those DDs can make a noticeable difference compared to everything else. At least from my experience.
In the end a lot depends on group coordination, jobs synergy, luck with positioning of Halo/NMpop etc.
By Chimerawizard 2021-06-20 17:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

don't have to deal with changing targets much if you can legitimately 1-shot and gets even faster since you can /ws <lastst> mobs while TP'ing to death the one you build TP on. no auto-target lag slowing TP gain.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-20 17:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Your numbers seem pretty low tbf
Did you use any other hybrid WS other than Chi? Do you know which targets it works well against and those where it doesn't work?

This is probably the main reason why. I didn't really know which monsters it didn't work on for my first run. Was just eyeballing though, they could be off a little. Not trying to derail so will take it elsewhere.

The thing about Odyssey is those monsters all have unique stats and behavior, so it's not really clear what hybrid works well on what. For example, the screen shot above shows capped damage on Imps. I would have assumed Imps had much stronger magical stats, so then I tried it on Soulflayers and it did poor damage. Aquan as have a 50% slashing resistance but blade chi was outperforming blade ten on some of them. It was more a learning experience seeing what worked.

Edit: for anything chi didn't work on, I would use teki then to to see if could see a damage bump.

About Naegling on ninja, I don't use it and have never used it. I can change to any other job to use Savage blade. Not doing it on ninja
[+]
By Vaerix 2021-06-20 20:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
A1 Gogmagog
MNK/RDM/BST/BLU/WAR/PLD
TP Drainkiss during 1hr

Just use Sudden Lunge during 1-hour window. Only takes 3~4 casts to burn through a 30 second window.

I will bring up sudden lunge to my group! Definitely a great idea, iirc our pld is our run and we do use odyllic during bird at times so it isn't necessarily up for Gogmagog but I'll share the idea non the less, thanks much!
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-06-22 08:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried searching to see if this had already been posted, but didn't readily find anything, so here goes.

While it's been easy to watch the cost of equipment drop as server kill counts for the various NMs in Gaol increases, it appears that the prices the moogle is willing to pay for items are increasing proportionately at one fourth of the decrease rate; i.e. sell % increase = buy % decrease × 25%.

That being the case, the ??? Pilgrim Moogle is by far the best place to NPC your 36 acheron shields and 10,000 prize powders from sparkolades each week (and anything else you want to get rid of), assuming your server has killed the bosses enough times to reduce equipment costs by more than 10% (versus the +2.5% sell price for max Norg fame), and you have at least one clear in that Atonement category to unlock it.

Currently on Valefor, that nets an extra ~264k past the base 1,991,800 gil NPC sell price.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-22 10:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
A1 Gogmagog
MNK/RDM/BST/BLU/WAR/PLD
TP Drainkiss during 1hr

I will bring up sudden lunge to my group! Definitely a great idea, iirc our pld is our run and we do use odyllic during bird at times so it isn't necessarily up for Gogmagog but I'll share the idea non the less, thanks much!

In your setup you have a few additional options for dealing with Gogmagog's SP.

Bind or Regurgitation/Blast Bomb from RDM/BLU
Gravity or Subduction from RDM/BLU and run for 30 seconds

Have personally used these debuffs so I know they work.
[+]
By Vaerix 2021-06-22 10:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The rdm stuff in particular is helpful because that's something I can do specifically :-D greatly appreciate the advice I tend to forget about all the useful things I can do beyond just the normal aids stuff ;-D
 Asura.Nususu
user: nususu
By Asura.Nususu 2021-06-22 11:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I am having some issues with the augments on Gleti's and Sakpata gear. I have cleared both Kalunga and Ngai V15 (confirmed by moogle's status dialog and max augment rank) but, for each set, one piece shows max rank of 20 while the other shows max of 15.
Sakpata's Gauntlets R10/R20
Sakpata's Helm R13/R15
Gleti's Cuirass R19/R20
Gleti's Gauntlets R11/R15

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is this just a visual bug, and the equipment that shows R15 max can actually go to R20? I've tried trading the R15 max gear to the moogle, and it hasn't changed anything.
 Bismarck.Darcain
Server: Bismarck
user: darcaine
By Bismarck.Darcain 2021-06-22 11:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You've spent rp on the gear after unlocking rank 20 that display rank 20 now. The other gear wont show rank 20 until you spend rp if you already had points in at a lower rank. That's what happened to me anyhow. I'm not sure if you're asking about the same thing.
 Asura.Nususu
user: nususu
By Asura.Nususu 2021-06-22 12:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Darcain said: »
You've spent rp on the gear after unlocking rank 20 that display rank 20 now. The other gear wont show rank 20 until you spend rp if you already had points in at a lower rank. That's what happened to me anyhow. I'm not sure if you're asking about the same thing.

It might be what happened to me. I will throw some RP at one of the items to see if that’s the cause.
First Page 2 3 ... 143 144 145 ... 237 238 239