Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-01 08:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I like that the 6 monthsish it was going to take become a 5 minute task on a whim to get people to do it more.

Never stop coming short and then overshooting square.

(Congrats on your newfound boredom though Weeew!)

Lets not make the whole thread about this but we ran ~1 hour a day / 6 days a week, lots of laughs and good conversations. You can say what you want but we didnt rush for the sake of completing and we still have alot of Odyssey fun ahead :) The content is far from perfect but its enough to keep us entertained.
Its almost like people find entertainment in their own way its crazy. You mean to tell me you had fun doing this and odyssey isn't over for you? Some people seem to think once you finish a set your just gonna sit bored in town all day. Grats on the set I know you guys worked hard to get good to hear your gonna enjoy the content still :)
By SimonSes 2021-06-01 09:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I like that the 6 monthsish it was going to take become a 5 minute task on a whim to get people to do it more.

Never stop coming short and then overshooting square.

(Congrats on your newfound boredom though Weeew!) Only an entire 11 months to go until new stuff.

You realize there is 6 more sets in Odyssey right?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-01 10:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Whoaa... taking their sweet time, aren't they.

I dunno, I didn't wanna risk it so far, but if in say 2 months from now things are gonna still stay like this I might do it myself.

In two months, you can have 1-2 armor sets capped, lol.

If you already have a group that can clear V15 bosses, what is the benefit of doing this? It actually takes much longer to get (less) similar points (though it is no effort). Basically doubled the time it would take a group to do a T4/T3 + 2x T1/T2 (V+15), and you lose segments in the process for the lower tiers, if you factor in the RP:Segment conversion. I just don't see why any player who has the means would do this over the fights normally with their group. 1h minimum vs 30min clears for 4 NMs.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2021-06-01 11:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Whoaa... taking their sweet time, aren't they.

I dunno, I didn't wanna risk it so far, but if in say 2 months from now things are gonna still stay like this I might do it myself.

In two months, you can have 1-2 armor sets capped, lol.

If you already have a group that can clear V15 bosses, what is the benefit of doing this? It actually takes much longer to get (less) similar points (though it is no effort). Basically doubled the time it would take a group to do a T4/T3 + 2x T1/T2 (V+15), and you lose segments in the process for the lower tiers, if you factor in the RP:Segment conversion. I just don't see why any player who has the means would do this over the fights normally with their group. 1h minimum vs 30min clears for 4 NMs.

You all are forgetting Sechs is a Galka. He is built for comfort not for speed
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-01 11:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I have a group, yes we have all kills, yes we are currently halfway done with nyame, yes we use the three nms in a row method.
We don't run every day and usually it's segments that cockblocks us because someone is always short on segments. That someone typically being me.

We farm together but the six of us come from three different continents, it's not always easy to find a slot of time where the six of us are free together.
Three days a week are occupied with ls events, we're left with 4 free days and clearly we all have busy lives and it's not like we can login every single day.

What would be the benefit of exploiting this "bug" be, you ask.
For instance getting points on a nm that nobody else in my group needs anything from.
Especially if it's a nm that I loathe with all of my soul age don't wanna touch Ever again until they nerf it, if ever.
Sounds good to me!

If they fix it whatever, I won't slash my wrists for that.
Part of me hopes they fix it, it's a really stupid bug.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-01 11:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and I forgot, in July we're likely gonna be on holidays so our static will be on break. Could do that stuff on my own then!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-01 11:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

sually it's segments that cockblocks us because someone is always short on segments. That someone typically being me.

getting points on a nm that nobody else in my group needs anything from

That actually hurts your segments even more doing it this way, so the method doesn't ultimately benefit you if you are looking at it from a long-term segment approach. You would be better off asking your group to include the boss in your cycle at some point, and then any excess RP you gain from other bosses you don't need can be converted back to segments. Everybody in the group has to cooperate on bosses and clears so that everyone gets something out of it. It's not really fair that everyone would stick together for the 1-2 bosses that some people want, but those people won't reciprocate that when others need something later on. Crappy system, but have to work with it regardless for everyone's benefit.

It does, however, suck for NMs like Marmokrebs which does require a very specific setup, and mostly nobody is interested in upgrading the katana. Doing 3 NMs with Marmokrebs in the mix is going to really hurt job flexibility. I can agree that trying to convince 5 other people to do such an annoying NM which uses a good bit of support (hurting your other boss runs in the process) is a hard sell. So in the case where you happened to have a lot of excess segments, it could be beneficial if that's what you really want.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-01 11:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
You all are forgetting Sechs is a Galka. He is built for comfort not for speed

I am galka too, watch your tone!
 Asura.Daiiawn
user: daiiawn
By Asura.Daiiawn 2021-06-01 12:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That someone typically being me.

Can confirm, im general, if there is a guy, Sechs is usually that guy!
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-06-01 13:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I was kind of surprised that once you V15 all the pre-reqs, there was nothing preventing spamming Bumba and ignoring the prior NMs. Seems to fly right in the face of all other tiered systems SE has always used, from Limbus chips to access Ultima/Omega, to building a Kirin Popset, to Omen beads to access Ou, to even building a Pandemonium Warden Key via ZNMs. Usually the "big baddie" is gated behind the prior enemies, not just time.

But they have teased something that will "require" fighting 3 mobs in a row- possibly some unlocked enemy above Bumba? Whatever it is (or isn't- could easily have been talking out their ***, of course), I sincerely hope it requires mixing up the mobs we fight, almost as a forced detox for the burnout so many groups are seeing by spamming 1 NM only.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-01 14:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine the grind if you had to kill all prior NMs every single time for the "Information on..." KI to access a new Bumba fight, haha

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
But they have teased something that will "require" fighting 3 mobs in a row- possibly some unlocked enemy above Bumba?

I thought this was just them talking about the process of them looking to implement the Amplifiers for the bonus. They spoke about it before they were released but the interview came out after amplifiers were a thing (I think). So it sounded like they were talking about something else in the future, but I believe they have already covered everything they said they were going to do. Plus they said Bumba was the final baddie. So unless they add R30 augments or something, I think that's all there is to Odyssey.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-06-01 14:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

oh I would have loved a system that just required 1 KI from each of the 3 prior tiers to access Bumba, that a V15 win in Atonement 1 grants a different temporary KI (let's just throw out something random, like "testimonial of Atonement I"), and having all 3 testimonials would allow entry to Bumba, but be used up like Omen beads. Forcing all the wins for ONE bumba fight would of course never have worked.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-01 14:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

They could have easily done that, you're right. They did it with the whole Voidwalker and Zeni systems as well.

I would take a system like that if it allows the user to purchase additional Nyame sets xD
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-06-01 14:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It does, however, suck for NMs like Marmokrebs which does require a very specific setup, and mostly nobody is interested in upgrading the katana.

I realize this is an example that could apply to other NMs and to the event design in general, and that it's an issue that you might have one guy who really wants to augment a certain piece where that NM is not very helpful to the rest of the group (e.g, I have zero Bunzi jobs on my main). But with respect to the Marmorkrebs example:

1) Is the setup really that specific? That fight works fine tank+healer and various combinations of backline jobs. Either ranged focused with RNG COR, more nuke focused with BLM SCH taking a more featured role, or a combination of both (have a RNG and COR do a SC and magic bursts from mages?). There are legitimate spots for over half of the jobs in the game: PLD RUN PUP (tank, or hell maybe even nuking puppet) WHM RDM BLM SCH SMN COR GEO BRD RNG COR. That's 13/22 jobs, and I'm sure someone could come up with ways to fit others who could add some contribution if you're stretching (NIN nuking? BST debuffs? Toss in one melee DD in a defensive leaning set in to do SCs but not be too much strain on the healer?)

I'm sure other NMs with a party composition "meta" also don't HAVE to be done exactly that way, where's the creativity? Are we really at the point where it's THAT hard to think of anything but (1) a cookie cutter heavy DD melee strat (and if you can SAVAGE BLADE even better... /eyeroll), or (2) all the SMNs (which, IMO it's kinda nice that Gaol restricts that)? Maybe you don't have the absolutely ideal mix of jobs for one fight, but surely you can make due with slightly less than optimal setups that still get it done in a slightly longer time... This isn't a lengthy event in any case.

2) Even for NINs who use the katana... do you REALLY care that much about adding 20 DEF and Daken+5% on a tanking offhand piece? Like... I'm a Ninja, I actually use Tsuru regularly, and I honestly don't freaking care. Would much rather do T3s, even the ones I don't personally care about as much (because that helps my friends who I play with, and their improvement helps me get stuff done). This is one of those "I guess maybe I'll try to upgrade this a bit once my group has done everything important to max level, and we're just hitting people's random niche pieces for the hell of it".

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
oh I would have loved a system that just required 1 KI from each of the 3 prior tiers to access Bumba, that a V15 win in Atonement 1 grants a different temporary KI (let's just throw out something random, like "testimonial of Atonement I"), and having all 3 testimonials would allow entry to Bumba, but be used up like Omen beads. Forcing all the wins for ONE bumba fight would of course never have worked.

Love this, Einherjar Odin style. But Cele's ideas are often too good for SE...
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-01 14:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

With the new Amplifier the amount of grind is feasible and in line with my expectations and the other game content, I can't complain with that.

The only three small problems that remain with Odyssey imho are:

1) The fact that you can't do anything with RP other than empowering items (buying amplifiers with RP for instance would be a cool idea, if they don't want us to convert)

2) The fact that you lose KI on entry instead that on win, like Ambuscade. I feel that losing the KI on win instead than on fail would make people more relaxed and more willing to join pugs, to test things, to help friends, to test different things.
Of course in this scenario they would have to remove the fact that you can get partial RP for timeouts. No partial RP, just let us keep the KI until we win. Would sign for this change anytime

3) The fact that it's hard to "help friends". They should add a way where you can join a friend's fight without spending Segments. Of course in that case you wouldn't gain RP either, obviously.
Lot of friends are asking for my help and I would be very glad to help them, but segments are such a cockblack that I can't keep up with segments needed for myself, of course I can't use the spare segments I have for other people.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2021-06-01 14:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

3) The fact that it's hard to "help friends". They should add a way where you can join a friend's fight without spending Segments. Of course in that case you wouldn't gain RP either, obviously.
Lot of friends are asking for my help and I would be very glad to help them, but segments are such a cockblack that I can't keep up with segments needed for myself, of course I can't use the spare segments I have for other people.
This sounds quite nice. However I already know my friends and I would exploit it to merc fights endlessly.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-06-01 14:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You can turn RP into segments no?
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-06-01 14:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed, amplifiers made the grind a bit more reasonable/tolerable.

For your 1st and 3rd points I totally agree, I wish you could convert RP back to the segments you spent otherwise I don't see myself being able to help people outside my group once we're done with certain NMs if the RP is just sitting there and I can't do anything with it, and segments are still not great to farm.

Some changes to helping at no segment cost and no RP reward, or the ability to convert it back to segments, maybe even more than was spent to help incentivize helping once you're done farming the NMs would be great.

On your 2nd point, it's really disappointing this wasn't the original design considering the mechanics for each of the A3-4 fights, would be nice to try out more strategies and setups without feeling like you're wasting time/segments.

EDIT:
Asura.Bippin said: »
You can turn RP into segments no?

it's a 1:1 conversion so you have to spend 4.5k segments to get 1,176 segements back, or 3k segments to get 392 segments back. Not great. You're getting less back for <V15 fights too.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2021-06-01 14:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You can, yes.

[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-01 15:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Oooh that's something new, I didn't know about that option! What's the conversion rate?
1:1?

Not ideal but... better than nothing I guess!
You basically spend 3k Segments to help a friend doing a NM you don't need and you recover 392 of those 3k segments, a bit more than 10%.

Ungh... not exactly fair or ideal but, again, it's better than nothing I suppose.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-06-01 15:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I for one wish the cap was higher for stored RP. There is some gear I don't wish to buy and augment yet cause I am not playing the jobs right now, but I will end up buying and augmenting some of the stuff just due to 50k cap.

Something to allow me to help people with kills w/o spending segments would be cool though.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-01 15:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The segment conversion rate is crap, but it does allow you to recycle some of the rank points from the atonement 1 and 2 nms you probably did. Beyond that it's not reliable. It's not going to encourage players to spend 3k segments fighting NMs they aren't interested in, that's for sure.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-01 15:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
It's not going to encourage players to spend 3k segments fighting NMs they aren't interested in, that's for sure.

But earning/retaining the boosted amplifier bonus will.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-06-01 15:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, convert RP->segments at least gives some use to them vs just sitting un-used, and since the Atonement 1 and 2 mobs only had 1 item attached to them, the possibility of "wasted" RP is most there.

I would have much preferred RP earned on earlier Atonements be applicable to gear from Atonement 3, at reduced values and only if you already have the wins at matching Vengeance levels. Something of 10% of Atonement1 /20% of Atonement2 RP earned can be applied to an A3 gear piece. Oh well. Its still a good system overall as most point out, there's just two or three issues that get magnified the longer the content exists, so they stand out.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-06-02 18:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Could someone help me please?

We've been trying, and failing, to kill Mboze V10 for weeks now.

We've tried:
1. Whm, Brd, Cor, Geo, Pld, Sam -> died.
  • Pld - Rampart to save from timber. Atonement with Mythic.
    Sam does self SC to remove aura + spams fudo with empy. Has subtle blow / -dt armor on.

2. Whm, Brd, Cor, Geo, Pld, Drk -> died.
    Drk - Soul Enslavement @ 50% to keep TP low. Torcleave with empy.

3. Whm, Brd, Cor, Bst, Blu, Smn -> died.
  • Smn - Atomos to remove stolen buffs.
    Bst - Slime pet debuffs -> vermin for Killer Instinct.
    Blu - Tanks / DD.

We've killed every other V10, and few V15s. But can't find a way to kill the tree. We always have a SC to remove the aura, and our damage isn't bad, but we always fail. It either kills us by canopierce at low HP, or Timber gets us. What're we doing wrong?
By Titorinho 2021-06-02 19:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What BRD songs are you using?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-02 19:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »

We've tried:
    Sam does self SC to remove aura + spams fudo with empy. Has subtle blow / -dt armor on.

Blu - Tanks / DD.

We've killed every other V10, and few V15s. But can't find a way to kill the tree. We always have a SC to remove the aura, and our damage isn't bad, but we always fail. It either kills us by canopierce at low HP, or Timber gets us. What're we doing wrong?

Have you tried just being better? Gettinggood as the kids say? I hear that works.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-06-02 22:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

We've tried:

Blu - Tanks / DD.

Have you tried exploiting the mog amplifier bug?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-02 23:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That wouldn't give much RP on V10, and that has nothing to do with getting a clear for V15 access.

Anyways

We've tried:
Pld - Rampart to save from timber. Atonement with Mythic.

Pld - Rampart to save from timber. Atonement with Mythic.

Make sure your COR has Loaded Deck 5/5, which helps with Rampart resets. Have your PLD announce when it is up, wearing, and off, so your team can prepare accordingly and the COR can fire off Random Deal. You can also try not giving the PLD protect, so that his defense is a little weaker for the final zerg. A proper Soul Enslavement DRK can take down a good chunk of damage on V10. Even if you wipe early on, you should still be able to recover and re-attempt since it doesn't regain HP.

Are you using Shell Crusher/Armor Break? Might help a little.

It either kills us by canopierce at low HP, or Timber gets us. What're we doing wrong?

Probably just execution. What songs are you using? Everyone has to gather for Tiiimbeeer and Canopierce on the final push, to distribute damage. Though, I am not sure how you could be losing on V10 using the BST+SMN setup. That's two extra bodies and the damage isn't nearly as bad as V15. But if you need to mitigate even further, you can have your WHM and BRD bring along a Poseidon's Ring buddy to help out.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-03 01:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

We've killed every other V10, and few V15s.
I honestly didn't notice any big difference between V10 and V15, they were pretty close and both were overly annoying.

One big difference is the use of Yaegasumi. ~75% for V15, ~50% for V10.

Play it safe (don't use SPs or big cooldowns) until he uses Yaegasumi, go all out after.
Keep Subtle Blow until at least 50%, can probably go all out after that (but you might still need DT in both TP and WS sets for your SAM).
Leave the PLD unengaged

I forgot to mention, we tried both your approaches 1) and 2) but ultimately decided we liked #1 more, and we succeeded with that after a very large amount of tries (compared to everything else which we usually killed on the first try)

Some notes:
1) Make sure your SAM uses Yaegasumi at the end for a final push
2) Make sure all your people (except the PLD and SAM) stay at the maximum possible distance from Mboze, but within the range of Tiiimbeeer (which if I recall is 15 yalms). Have the PLD and SAM stand on 2 different sides from each other, and from everybody else.
3) It goes without saying, everybody should stay in maximum turtle gear while idling.
4) Tell the BRD not to bother with Finale unless he has NiTro up. It won't land
5) Use small amount of buffs on the PLD, especially no protect please.
6) We noticed that Canopierce damage was higher the times we got MDB down aura from Mboze. Implying that Canopierce damage is, maybe, somehow related to MDB and hence magical damage? I tried both Earth Carol 1 and 2 but didn't notice any difference. Not enough tests to rule out anything though, I guess.

You said damage was solid and not what got you guys killed, so what I'm about to say might be useless to you, but in the last phase if you see the fight is going on so long that you run out of Ramparts, it could be useful for the COR and BRD to have a Poseidon Ring. If they use it at different times, when Rampart isn't up, you can get one additional target being hit by Tiiimbeeer, hence less damage for everybody else, raising your chances to survive without Rampart.

If all of this doesn't work for you I dunno what else to suggest. Try with the Asylum trick maybe?
If your PLD and WHM have other jobs like SMN or BRD or COR they could swap to those jobs, give buffs to the pt, then quickly swap back to their proper job and have the WHM use Asylum right before entrance, to keep the buffs.
Afaik all the buffs (except Crystalline Blessing) are kept if using this method.

It's kinda of an exploit though, not sure if SE will take action against it in the future and I'm not sure it's gonna make a huge difference on Mboze.
Most of the time the problem is in the defensive compartment, and some moves (like Tiiimbeeer) there is no buff that will protect you against its damage.
The other moves though, maybe there's something that will?
For instance if what we experienced with Canopierce is true, maybe Magus Roll could help reducing its damage?
Also if you have means to slightly raise the DPS output of the SAM by raising its average WSdmg it means Mboze will go down faster.
Going down faster > less risks for bad things to happen.
So I suppose it can help maybe?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 137 138 139 ... 238 239 240