New Dragon-Mireu
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 24 25 26
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-13 17:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
I don't understand why either. They could probably consolidate down to 4-5 servers. I couldn't do a small server again... There is nothing on the AH and trying to do the occasional pick up for random content isn't an option. There are more yells in 5 mins on Asura than all day on some servers.

I'd welcome some server merges to be honest. Levi's AH is empty AF. Obviously for this particular fight, more people = bad, but for everything else in this game, some servers are suffering from lack of people. Lack of crafters, lack of craft mats and other items on AH, lack of potential team mates, etc.

It took me (relatively speaking) quite a while to get my hands on a Shigi, until I managed to run into a few generous crafter to make the base katanas for me (actually found a muketsu on the AH suprisingly, then I started shouting for the other one, I was offering a flat mil for a level 70 katana just so I could peak some interest. They hooked me up for free though, even refused the gil when I tried to sneak it into the trade, they even busted out their own private reserve on mats when our first attempt failed with the mats I had managed to get my hands on) Love ya Levites! But we need more to come into the fold!
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-13 17:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Not everyone wants to be on a bigger server and populations have been relatively stable for years. Most of the shrinkage on small servers was due to people going to Asura, not quitting.

It's fine the way it is and the cost is not a significant factor. It never ceases to amaze me how Asura players are so concerned with other servers' sizes when it has literally 0 effect on them.

As far as practical reasons, the cost to run more servers is more than paid for by the people who buy transfers to get off asura during CP campaign and back after, or buy transfers to bring items from asura to their small server.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-13 17:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

For what its worth "the asurans" that care are people that don't want to be stuck on asura.

if there were another viable option(s) it would balance itself out and you could have a "better asura" can't say you wouldn't be interested in seeing the population of asura, without any asurans. (server with an IQ test to enter? basic game knowledge quiz? literal vote to force server transfer tards?)

But that whole debate is fruitless. Just a comment.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-13 17:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally i believe they keep small server because they dont produce enough instances to large community imo.

For example, up in arms you just can have 3 instances at same time.

Ambuscade they had to make a second instance exclusively for Asura, because no other server need that.

Im not sure how is the cost of having many small servers vs having bigger servers but having to increase infraestructure. What the reality says is that it shouldnt be that costly maintaining multiples small servers, otherwise they wouldnt keep things like that for so many years.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-02-13 18:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

112 people in the zone...just died.........*** the devs
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-13 18:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
You died or it died? unclear.

112 is the entire population of bahamut right?
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2020-02-13 18:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »

Dragon died.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-13 18:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Your server is good enough. On mine i was starting to gather my points together with a dozen of other chars, then Mireus poped right in front of me.

Dudes started to engage, next frame all of them dead in front of him.

Just warped out and tomorrow gonna resume my points.
By malakef 2020-02-13 18:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

112 is probably the entire portion of good players in Bahamut..I kid. We had to really coordinate that and Lex has to spam yells to keep the noobs off it’s ***. Only 6ish minutes left but we didn’t start in earnest until about 45 on the clock. And 112 was what we finished with the start was much lower I think.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-13 18:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be impossible to even get 112 without recruiting sdjwne, kiajsn aiwudnwi and asoucsk in some servers. Sad thing they would just contribute as a BST.
 Bahamut.Nikkije
user: nikkije
By Bahamut.Nikkije 2020-02-13 18:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think we really started the fight until we had already lost about 10-15 minutes, but it went down steady and consumed nearly all of the time we had left. Besides notifications of "Mireu refused to give in", at various points I saw notifications of "Mireu is ready to fight once more". I'm not sure what was triggering any of that.

And one thing is for sure, you cannot have people in there that aren't pulling their weight.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-13 18:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

BST actually contributes heavily to that fight. Purulent Ooze removes 10% of his HP if you do It at start. But keep up the BST hate and lrn2ply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Also: the new Domain Invasion wyrm, Mireu, is susceptible to Purulent Ooze's Max HP-10% effect.
[+]
 Bahamut.Popeh
user: Popeh
By Bahamut.Popeh 2020-02-13 21:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun fight

But as already mentioned, half the battle is the lag!

/ta didn’t work; direct spell target did (for cures etc)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2020-02-13 23:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

112 is the entire population of bahamut right?
OOF. Too bad the heavy population of asura is working against it atm. I dont care if the victory is hollow, pointless, or means my servers dead. It also something asura cant have yet.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-02-14 01:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure after that one kill we will start ignoring it too on Bahamut, unless maybe JPs will want to kill it too (we killed around 9AM JP time). I think it was even less time than people suggesting until we had everyone there. I showed up around 80%HP left I think, on DNC to add Steps to the mix (Lex coordinated our LS, so we already had most GEO bubble there). With everyone gathered it was going down around 1% per 20-30 sec. It was funny because Lex had so much lag, that for HP on dragon got stuck at some high % and with 14 min left and 14% left he said something about we might need Brew lol I think it went down with 8-10min left, not 6, but I might be wrong and it was at 1% for good 1min.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-02-14 01:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
It never ceases to amaze me how Asura players are so concerned with other servers' sizes when it has literally 0 effect on them.

It never ceases to amaze me how people don't see the big picture of how most things do impact others. For example, if Asura wasn't known as "The only active server in the game" and population was better spread out across the servers, either Asura wouldn't be as insanely stacked as it is, and/or people would have other options they feel they could transfer to without any real loss of quality.

I feel like the game as a whole would be better served by having mostly even populations across servers, and it would also help the dev team tweak things better when it comes to devising population variant mechanics.
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2020-02-14 02:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It kinda makes me laugh. I suppose it was supposed be nostalgic of 3 kings but it's implementation is like Damn KB popped. /ma Warp <me>
By Pantafernando 2020-02-14 02:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I still see wannabes engaging it on my server.

The biggest slap on devs face is that after just 3 days of update people are almost considering Mireus like Escha Chest-of-Plenty.

Well i suppose initially their idea was having one mob to give same points of 4 dragons, but there is no much point when that big dragon takes more time to fight than all 4 dragons together and considering warp and waiting time...
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-02-14 02:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
It never ceases to amaze me how Asura players are so concerned with other servers' sizes when it has literally 0 effect on them.
I've always been from Asura since NA launch. I care because I honestly feel a more even distribution would be ideal imo.

People from Asura get hosed with the influx of players. Yes if we were bottom of the barrel server population we might feel other wise but the people that have been here for years before all of this feel we're overcrowded at this point.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-14 02:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh and just have more 2 active hours to play and still need 40 to cap... and saw Mireus poping twice in same day.

If i see him again, not gonna cap my points today
By Draylo 2020-02-14 02:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura is the noahs ark
 Bahamut.Minimuse
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-02-14 04:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Mireu needs server cooperation to defeat.

Phoenix's Mireu was killed around 1 hour after JP midnight. This is when most of the Asian LSes are in mid-event time on Phoenix. Phoenix's Asia LS leaders generally cooperate with each other. This makes server cooperation possible around JP midnight or 10AM EST.

Bahamut's Mireu was killed because the 3rd time it spawned was when Inquisition was starting to gather for an Aeonic Run, about 5:40 P.M. EST. Inquisition members come from different time zones and we do a roll call around 5:30ish PM EST. Many of Inquisition members help other LSes either by direct participation or serve as mentors when people are not buying Mercenary services from Lexouritis. Lex can be intimidating to some, but he and Xiutaru are very kindhearted and knowledgeable.

Inquisition brought in an alliance of 16 with about 5 extra members outside of the alliance on GEO and tank jobs at about 45 minutes on the clock. Just before 6PM EST. (7PM EST is the general gather prime time for NA LSes.) The first 15 minutes was a disorganized mess with people dying. Once Inquisition got into position and Lex started shouting for people to recall tank trusts and get into position, people from other LSes pretty much listened.

People who were not quite listening or lacked solid DT MEVA sets just died and moved on.

The 4th time Mirieu spawned, most people ignored it.

Mireu battle is very much a level 75 old school Vrtra WYRM battle. People outside your alliance are either allies or annoying undead aggro. The Wyrm's AOE will take care of the inexperienced people. If they want to become part of a bigger picture, it is up to them to acquire the proper gear.

The bottom-line here, is learn to cooperate with the people you share a server with. We don't need to be competitive trolls. Also, kill it once to show server team spirit and then IGNORE it!
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-02-14 05:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »
It kinda makes me laugh. I suppose it was supposed be nostalgic of 3 kings but it's implementation is like Damn KB popped. /ma Warp <me>

If you want nostalgia of 3 kings, allow CFH :P
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2020-02-14 05:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lexouritis burns all the thing! Again =o
By malakef 2020-02-14 07:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact it popped right as all the prime NA players were logging in helped. And Lex actually /yell in town to let people know it was up to get more of those players to show up, it’s why I was there anyways. The other stuff was common knowledge for anyone who had played the game any length of time. The only thing I think we did special is when in /say Lex asked for someone to take care of languor which I did on my alt, and then the DRG’s, kalliste only one I can recall, spamming dragon breaker and notifying people when it was used.

I’m also nearly positive it was right at 6 min left because I remember it being at 2% with 6:50 on the clock. We also had it at 12% with 12 minutes left just to let people know how fast the damage was going. So as someone said about 1% every 30 seconds towards the end. My DPS was very bleh 2k for the duration which considering only crappy trust brd songs and COR rolls is what it is. I agree with the whole fixing that issue may be the biggest help. Wondering if we can get a better guess on its HP.

I believe accuracy cap is 1750 in case people are wondering but because of GEO debuffs and steps and whatnot you could see it go a fair bit lower.

And now that it’s dead, I’ll probably never do it again unless they change something. Just wastes what little time I have.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-14 08:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

malakef said: »
I agree with the whole fixing that issue may be the biggest help. Wondering if we can get a better guess on its HP.

I believe accuracy cap is 1750 in case people are wondering but because of GEO debuffs and steps and whatnot you could see it go a fair bit lower.

And now that it’s dead, I’ll probably never do it again unless they change something. Just wastes what little time I have.
Smells like a nerf for Acc and HP in a few months.
EDIT: Double checked the latent DI gear to see if they had 50+ accs... they don't. So I stand by them probably nerfing acc down a couple hundred in a few months.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-02-14 09:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

malakef said: »

^

We had a similar setup to what Thorny posted above with the exception of taking 4 tanks to hopefully mitigate someone flailing it. Most of the GEOs (at least within our group) were outside of the alliance. I sent about 10 tells to random people telling them to get on the front feet >.> whenever i would see someone on it's ***, lag willing. Most of them moved, but i'm sure a few were dragon bots and did n't. I'm not sure if it flailed, it may have, there was a point where a lot of people seemed to have died.

We had our GEOs doing all the debuffs other than languor, which Malakef took over. (Wilt/Frail/Torpor/Fade/Vex/Malaise/and Slip cause why not) I think we had some overlap on bubbles as well to make sure they took effect cause of the lag. The alliance had 1 COR, 1 WHM and 1 BRD in each party, with the exception of the 4 man party.

I like how it's somewhat challenging and takes server wide coordination, but SE should cut it's HP down to maybe half of what it is. Otherwise it might get killed once on each server and then it will be ignored. It took about 40mins to kill it once our Ls engaged, and some of the other relevant players/Ls got there. Heretic, a large portion of Sentai's sidegroup, Belkin's group and many others were there. I could see 1-2 alliance taking this out if jobs were proper, and there was coordination. I think Mischief attacked it immediately lol, but most of the group waited until we got set up.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-02-14 09:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

It never ceases to amaze me how people don't see the big picture of how most things do impact others. For example, if Asura wasn't known as "The only active server in the game" and population was better spread out across the servers, either Asura wouldn't be as insanely stacked as it is, and/or people would have other options they feel they could transfer to without any real loss of quality.

Loss of quality is becoming less and less of an issue over time. On smaller servers, there exists a market of what I'd call "importers"- people who take advantage of free server swap times, or even just do it and pay for it, and return to the smaller servers with a bevvy of goodies that are hard to find on those smaller locales.

In addition, as more time passes and more shields come into existence, even the need for that "service" is being reduced. No, its not of the VOLUME on the AH that one sees on the Big Three servers, but its improving. And, on those smaller servers, word travels fast about WHO has what shield, and direct orders are common compared to AH sales. Just because its not on the AH doesn't mean you can find it.

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I feel like the game as a whole would be better served by having mostly even populations across servers, and it would also help the dev team tweak things better when it comes to devising population variant mechanics.

This is where I definitely disagree with you, but only in a limited fashion. Should they CAP population on a server, or temporarily close transfer and creation of new characters on said server? Probably. But forcing a balanced population takes away variance in the game.

Some people love a small server. They like knowing they can spend 4 hours farming Chloris without interruption or competition. Or never waiting for Lilith queues. They'll deal with difficulties on purchasable gear, or fewer linkshells to join, for that freedom of play. Relationships matter more on a smaller server, because you can't just linkshell hop as you piss off people, or they piss you off.

And some people like the excitement and access that a large server provides. Maybe they like the competition. Maybe they want a fully stocked AH at all times. Maybe they want to either be part of or take advantage of a lively merc environment.

Varying size servers gives players that freedom to choose, and experience the game in different ways. Go ahead and prevent future characters from migrating to Asura and the like, but a forced migration or more mergers to even out numbers...that I feel reduces the game's uniqueness.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-02-14 09:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Japanese are killing it now, looks like 2 wins for Baha. (and now the japanese are going to ignore it forever)
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 24 25 26