Multi-Box Temp Bans?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Multi-Box Temp Bans?
Multi-Box Temp Bans?
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
By Draylo 2020-01-31 20:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Either botted for any period of time, POS warped (easy ban with auto ban on), speed hacked or more unlikely, superwarp/homepoint. It's almost 90% chance one of those things, so you should admit to what you used within those to help others avoid it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Banhammer
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-01-31 20:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Cry harder about it. You've got 3 days to form a river over your dumb accounts.

I'm not crying. I was trying to figure out some sort of pattern but instead I got SE's White Knight Brigade of mouth breathers storming the thread to wag their finger at me.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2020-01-31 20:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You're crying about it. Who gives a *** about getting banned on a 18 year old MMO?
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-01-31 20:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You're crying about it. Who gives a *** about getting banned on a 18 year old MMO?

No, you're crying!
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2020-01-31 20:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I wAsN't BoTtInG bRo
[+]
By Draylo 2020-01-31 20:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They come up every thread to start drama, just ignore them. If you want to figure out the pattern then say what you use without holding back behind silly phrases.
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-01-31 20:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I wAsN't BoTtInG bRo

I wasn't.
By vinnyp 2020-01-31 20:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

1/5 characters impacted. You don't think if I was using homepoint/super warp I just used on 1 character? I just botted on 1 character? Above all on my main? Glad it's just a temporary suspension, strange behavior on SE if you ask me.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2020-01-31 20:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are trying to figure out a pattern, why not say what you used?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-01-31 20:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Draylo said: »
They come up every thread to start drama, just ignore them. If you want to figure out the pattern then say what you use without holding back behind silly phrases.
What got you banned?

ur mum.
By Draylo 2020-01-31 20:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

vinnyp said: »
1/5 characters impacted. You don't think if I was using homepoint/super warp I just used on 1 character? I just botted on 1 character? Above all on my main? Glad it's just a temporary suspension, strange behavior on SE if you ask me.

It doesn't matter if you use it on 1 or all, it isn't a guarantee that they will ban all characters for using something once. It's either random when their auto ban picks it up or when reported.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-01-31 20:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
It doesn't make financial sense to instant ban that large a chunk of the playerbase, so they periodically sample from it to scare the rest.
 Sylph.Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-01-31 20:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

It doesn't matter if you use it on 1 or all, it isn't a guarantee that they will ban all characters for using something once. It's either random when their auto ban picks it up or when reported.

Do you really have rules if you selectively enforce them randomly on 1% of the population every once in a blue moon?
By Draylo 2020-01-31 20:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I find it ridiculous. They care more about XIV, to the point they police random twitch streams thats outside the actual game. They care almost nothing about XI, they just do this after an exploit to scare people. I'm almost convinced its an auto-ban that is getting people, they turned on after the last exploits.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2020-01-31 20:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

do you pool your gil on the one that got banned?
condition1: use any of these obvious hax.
condition2: have more than X gil.
if yes to both, BAN.
By Draylo 2020-01-31 21:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really, theres these mules that sell the SU crafted gear and they regularly cap gil, yet I see them all the time still online.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-01-31 21:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Tons of people have *** tons of money now. It's not that.

If they are periodically temp banning for minor offenses then they shouldn't do 1 72 + perma really, that is harsh. If they deter multiboxing this game is over in no time. 2400 chars online is no more than 1800 unique people I would say as a guesstimate.

Around 450 logged in is the peak on Sylph during JP prime on a weekend.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By vinnyp 2020-01-31 21:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If I find out more information I'll post it here. I don't bot sparks, that is for children. I don't pull gil on one character either. With 5 characters you can run a weekly vagary and make 10's of millions; same with running ambuscade/HTB/Delve, etc. It's not hard to make gil now. This post is to see if any others shared the same experience of a suspension. Auto-ban seems the likely cause...whatever that is.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-01-31 21:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter if you botted sparks or a WS trial. Were you using any type of program like that to automate movement? Automate WS's? There are a lot of ways you could have gotten caught up in it.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-01-31 21:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I say this with the utmost respect but ban hammer you kind of sound like an ***. Is it possible you were an *** on the character that got banned? It’s possible they’re banning people for community violations and just too lazy to put the appropriate flag for the email so you just got an email saying you were banned for botting but really got banned for being an ***.
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2020-01-31 21:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »
I say this with the utmost respect but ban hammer you kind of sound like an ***. Is it possible you were an *** on the character that got banned? It’s possible they’re banning people for community violations and just too lazy to put the appropriate flag for the email so you just got an email saying you were banned for botting but really got banned for being an ***.

Your cat is ugly.

And I say that with the utmost respect.
[+]
By huttburt<3 2020-01-31 22:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Would a magic skill up script trigger anything?
Asking for a friend.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-01-31 22:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Banhammer said: »

Your cat is ugly.

And I say that with the utmost respect.

Noted.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
Server: Carbuncle
user: Eirza
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2020-01-31 23:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't.[/quote]
Sylph.Banhammer said: »
I wAsN't BoTtInG bRo

I wasn't.
So WHAT were you really doing to get a temp ban and NO it was not for nothing SE doesn't ban people cause it was a mistake.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15