Superwarps - Questionable.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Superwarps - Questionable.
Superwarps - Questionable.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Nsane 2019-12-30 14:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Most of it is simple enough to fix. Treat the coordinates as 32 bit integers(16 bit for heading) instead of floats and you avoid any rounding errors. Obviously implement heading.

Same zone waypoints are screwy(and your waypoints in general are off) because the first 0x5B has all 4 bytes of option set in most cases and their meaning is not easily discerned. You're only setting the first 2 bytes, and to the wrong values(they are correct in second 0x5B, but first is much different). When using a same zone waypoint, the value you put in there means nothing and you're just requesting a warp with no accompanying menu. When using a different zone waypoint, I'm guessing it isn't critical to the zone accepting the later menu packet so it appears to function anyway.

I didn't check if other zone warps consume units, but that's certainly the reason same zone warps arent: the later 0x5C and 0x5B provide no information about which warp was used so it is provided in the first 0x5B which you are not properly filling out.

GDI, I wish I could have this guys knowledge in computer science.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-12-30 14:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Always wondered with Flippant never submitted Parse, it's so much better then scoreboard, almost Kparse level good.

https://github.com/flippant/parse
Yea, I really wish they did too. I've gotten most of the people I play with to switch over though.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2020-01-01 18:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I love parse, but I'd kill to have the level of detail that kaparser has in an addon.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-01 21:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
I love parse, but I'd kill to have the level of detail that kaparser has in an addon.

It largely does, the only thing it's missing is graphs of reports. Though it can exporr its dataset as an xml for later review.

Try

/parse report ws p
/parse report melee p

And so forth.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-01-30 02:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Could someone do me a favour and post a parse export here? I don't have my game machine with me and want to mess with some options using the exported data.

Thanks in adv.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-02-08 02:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Also the fact that you can learn the HP/SG/WP etc without actually poking the HP/SG/WP is less than ideal.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-08 08:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What if I tell you HP/SG/WP dont actually exist?...
By fonewear 2020-02-08 08:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The real question is why dumb threads get made over and over.
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2020-02-17 21:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just noticed that this addon is no longer taking gil for warping.
>< It seems to work on kinetic units but not gil. This addon has changed my life so much for the better.... I dont wanna give it up...
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-02-17 22:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Superwarps that fixes all (i personally haven't looked but i know a bunch of people hhelped with it) just went out of beta today. You should grab the latest copy from https://github.com/baharms/superwarp
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-02-17 22:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if this was something being looked at but if anyone needs a list of all the proper x,y,z coordinates I have them; it doesn't address the heading issue though. (Just skimming and had seen this.)

It was brought to my attention I was a tad bit late so do ignore me. :D
By SimonSes 2020-02-18 04:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Superwarps that fixes all (i personally haven't looked but i know a bunch of people hhelped with it) just went out of beta today. You should grab the latest copy from https://github.com/baharms/superwarp

Awesome :O
 Quetzalcoatl.Carste
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Carste 2020-02-18 10:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Great additions! Looking forward to not having to deal with that domain invasion menu ever again. Can you add the "domain" command to the readme so that when I invenitably forget that it exists after I quit again, I don't have to dig through the code or changelog?
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-02-18 11:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Carste said: »
Great additions! Looking forward to not having to deal with that domain invasion menu ever again. Can you add the "domain" command to the readme so that when I invenitably forget that it exists after I quit again, I don't have to dig through the code or changelog?
It is there :D

The list is getting big, so maybe I should separate them out into separate tables in the README.
[+]
 Asura.Chevalios
user: Chevalios
By Asura.Chevalios 2020-02-19 01:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for fixing this and all who helped with the data. I love the domain feature!

Only thing I'm missing now is //sw ew exit >:)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-19 02:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking nice! Can't wait for this to be on the official Windower app.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2020-02-19 09:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chevalios said: »
Thanks for fixing this and all who helped with the data. I love the domain feature!

This is nice. Might I make a suggestion and possibly add WKR to this? We're getting spoiled with 'no lag menu' now
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-02-19 09:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chevalios said: »

Can't see why not :)
By the way, to save you precious key presses, you can leave out all of the "sw" in any command. For example, (after I add exit) you could just type //ew exit
This assumes that you don't have another addon loaded that responds the shortcut "ew" or "hp" or "wp" etc. of course.

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
This is nice. Might I make a suggestion and possibly add WKR to this? We're getting spoiled with 'no lag menu' now
I did try early on in development, but I've learned a lot since then, so it might be possible. I won't promise this one yet, but I will definitely retry now that some major things are fixed.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-02-19 13:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
So is this safe to use now?

The main safety concerns have been corrected.
  • Waypoints now consume Kinetic Units. Fun story, the client calculates how much to spend at waypoints.

• Packets are sent following a menu update packet, so the out-of-order concern has been met. Additionally there's an option to enable a delay that simulates the user clicking through the menu.

• All warp systems check for available currency before warping.

• There is an option to disable warping to a location you don't have unlocked (see the update notes at the bottom of the README).

• The arrival locations are fully accurate now, and point your character when he/she arrives.

• The chance of locking up due to superwarp is incredibly rare. I would argue impossible, but nothing is.

• Before sending any additional packets, the incoming menu packet is double-checked that it's the expected one. The menu id is validated and the "poked" npc id is stored and compared. If this is too technical, just know that Superwarp is making sure everything is in order before it continues.

But look, literally no addon is perfectly safe. The only true way to ensure you're not banned for using addons is by not having Windower installed.

Honestly, if I haven't been banned for testing this stuff out (before it was released and therefore super buggy), I can't imagine anyone getting banned for it.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-02-19 13:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm personally surprised to see people that warp in less than a second of reaching an HP still freely walking around. Doesn't seem very smart to me.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-19 13:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
I'm personally surprised to see people that warp in less than a second of reaching an HP still freely walking around. Doesn't seem very smart to me.

Brah. People run around at 200% clipping all over the place botting 24/7

and you're surprised that they're getting away with a slightly faster menu interaction lol?
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-02-19 13:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a warp. It just simulates the menu interaction. That's it. It's no different than the QoL toggles/switches/Do-WS things that people put in their Lua files.

But, you really shouldn't allow warping to locked HPs/Survival Guides/etc by default. You should make the user set it from False to True. I would take this approach for all automated interactions. Just my two cents.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-02-19 14:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

It's not a warp. It just simulates the menu interaction. That's it. It's no different than the QoL toggles/switches/Do-WS things that people put in their Lua files.

But, you really shouldn't allow warping to locked HPs/Survival Guides/etc by default. You should make the user set it from False to True. I would take this approach for all automated interactions. Just my two cents.

Right, he's saying that there is no way to get down to xarcabard within the menu the moment you run up to the home point.
By Meeble 2020-02-19 14:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome to see the improvements!

Waypoint travel within a zone seems to behave differently to the menu version, though.

SW is triggering a zone transition when going from, say, Eastern Adoulin AH to Eastern Adoulin MH, or Marjami #1 to Marjami #2.
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-02-19 15:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeble said: »

Waypoint travel within a zone seems to behave differently to the menu version, though.

SW is triggering a zone transition when going from, say, Eastern Adoulin AH to Eastern Adoulin MH, or Marjami #1 to Marjami #2.
It shouldn't be. Hmm. Check that in your data/settings.xml file, you have enable_same_zone_teleport set to true.

To be honest, I don't know why I left that in.
By Meeble 2020-02-19 15:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akaden said: »
Meeble said: »

It shouldn't be. Hmm. Check that in your data/settings.xml file, you have enable_same_zone_teleport set to true.

To be honest, I don't know why I left that in.

You're right - Changing it to true fixed things, it isn't zoning anymore.
[+]
By Mrxi 2020-02-19 15:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Same zone should be set to true by default. And warping to points you don't have should not. for Thorny's uberwarp plugin you actually have to create a file and put in it "I acknowledge that using uberwarp for locations I have not yet unlocked may get me banned."
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-19 15:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akaden said: »
kireek said: »
So is this safe to use now?

The main safety concerns have been corrected.
  • Waypoints now consume Kinetic Units. Fun story, the client calculates how much to spend at waypoints.

• Packets are sent following a menu update packet, so the out-of-order concern has been met. Additionally there's an option to enable a delay that simulates the user clicking through the menu.

• All warp systems check for available currency before warping.

• There is an option to disable warping to a location you don't have unlocked (see the update notes at the bottom of the README).

• The arrival locations are fully accurate now, and point your character when he/she arrives.

• The chance of locking up due to superwarp is incredibly rare. I would argue impossible, but nothing is.

• Before sending any additional packets, the incoming menu packet is double-checked that it's the expected one. The menu id is validated and the "poked" npc id is stored and compared. If this is too technical, just know that Superwarp is making sure everything is in order before it continues.

But look, literally no addon is perfectly safe. The only true way to ensure you're not banned for using addons is by not having Windower installed.

Honestly, if I haven't been banned for testing this stuff out (before it was released and therefore super buggy), I can't imagine anyone getting banned for it.

Make sure your packets are clean I suggest scrubbing them with soap and water.