Change Domain Invasion Into Weekly HELP!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Change Domain Invasion Into Weekly HELP!
Change Domain Invasion Into Weekly HELP!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By fonewear 2019-12-12 15:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Caerda said: »
guess if 10 mins out of your busy schedule to get 80 DI points a day is too tough

If your gonna drink this shitty SE koolaid atleast be factual...

Its takes a hour to get cap points if you add the waiting for dragons... and 10 mins of play time is generous... id say 5 mintues of actually doing something on your character during that hour.. so much *** fun man...

You should probably quit then. Cause this is the end game content we have been waiting for !
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-12 15:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
The time you spent bitching about all this you could have capped your domain points !
he probably was, considering you spend 40 minutes out of it waiting
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-12 15:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It was dumb even before the changes. Let's kill the same dragon over and over. That is pretty good content.

At least now they are giving you decent rewards for doing the same ***.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2019-12-12 15:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

guess if 10 mins out of your busy schedule to get 80 DI points a day is too tough

Its takes a hour to get cap points if you add the waiting for dragons... and 10 mins of play time is generous... id say 5 mintues of actually doing something on your character during that hour.. so much *** fun man...

Takes 2 mins to move zones, warp ring and home point crystal and get evoseal. Not hard to do

2 mins ! But I need my domain items now !
By fonewear 2019-12-12 15:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The super casual will benefit from this the most.

So tell your friends FFXI has new end game dragon killing content.
By Chimerawizard 2019-12-12 15:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This update hurts the merc community as well. Less beads = less buyers for aeonic wins. Abjs/Reisenjima gear will still be merc'd no matter, no one is going to wait 10 days for them. This update is cleared a deterrent to botting the dragons for easy beads/upgrade stones and to try to cut the merc monopoly down. I'm fine with the update, I actually like it better.
The one dragon at a time, is good for restricting the bots at least they have to actually hop around instead of just sitting in front of the npc while you never leave zone.

It's amazing how well the daily limits to fishing cut down on the fish bots. Once that daily limit was added, all the fishbots dissapeared.
You know what, since daily limits worked so well before, we should keep that up.

SE just wants more players paying extra every month to loosen the daily limits.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-12-12 16:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Cutting the number of spawns to 1/3 is a negative for beads no matter how you look at it, and even if it becomes better for casuals in the long run that could have been accomplished without making it worse for people who can farm effectively.

I totally agree with you on that point. I think the bead changes are the biggest issue, and due to DI they really should add more alternatives for efficient bead farming/acquisition. But changing daily DI point limits to weekly/monthly/whatever doesn't substantially fix the bead problem that this change introduced.

My big disagreement with the "REVERT DI" people is the frequent griping about a 80 point/day cap. I find it totally legitimate to put time gates around acquisition of the R/E gear and crafting materials. They want to encourage people to keep coming on a *regular* basis, enticing them with the carrot of shiny new accessories and a pricey craft material. Personally, I'll do this braindead "content" for a few months to get the R/E accessories I want, then I'll rarely touch DI.

At the same time, they're adding an alternative for more casual players to have a different way to obtain previously existing gear instead of actually fighting the Geas Fete mobs (which are still a more efficient option for those who can fight them). That's fine too, doesn't really impact me but it's an undeniable QoL improvement for some players.

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Calling it content or pretending the actual gameplay is worthwhile is pure delusion, though. It's just mobile game *** where you get your reward for logging in and running to camp. They could have kept the reward list, left DI alone, and made some other minor open world content to put it on if they wanted to do handouts.

Whether it's log-in-to-win content or not (and yeah, it obviously is) is kind of beside the point. It's not exactly a super compelling event, but IMO it's not THAT much more dull than the repetitious auto-pilot of mechanically farming stuff like Salvage/Omen, repeating the same Ambuscade for the Nth time a month, most of the SoA Coaltion tasks, or any number of the MANY other repetitive FFXI tasks most of us have done repeatedly despite the "fun factor" being about as compelling as cleaning the bathtub. Hey, people sell sparks gear to NPCs... not exactly FUN AND ENGAGING GAMING, but it sure is a thing people do that takes up time. It's an MMO, some of that kinda inherently comes with the territory - suffer through some tedium for the reward of shiny gear that lets you do better in the fun stuff.

One I get my R/E shinies, I'm not interested in continuing to do content that's quite this vapid in order to get a crating material. I'll leave that to the bots or farmers - who WILL do this - and who will in turn supply the AH with mats/crafted gear. That's fine. I wasn't interested in farming beehive chips back in 2004 either, HELM, or Dynamis 2.0 currency, or any number of other boring 'activities' FFXI has offered over the years.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-12 16:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what happens when you can't get all the new shiney stuff instantly.

I can't wait to see what ash and ashmade gear sells for.

They've had you by the balls for years, just a tighter grip now.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-12-12 16:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Takes 2 mins to move zones, warp ring and home point crystal and get evoseal. Not hard to do

Wow if thats really great content then... ffxi warp ring simulator 2019... wow this is *** amazing ***right here my dude...

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-12-12 16:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow if thats really great content then... ffxi warp ring simulator 2019... wow this is *** amazing ***right here my dude...

You could make the same complaint about like 90% of the dumb crap FFXI has ever featured. This is a game that, even in its heyday, featured stuff like Gardening, Mining, Chocobo Racing/Raising, equipping a dumb camera to take pictures of dragons, etc, etc...

At least this one has some nice rewards. And really, the number of (non Wyrm Ash, which... leave that to bots?) rewards isn't even that high to make people do this a truly excessive amount to get the good stuff. On my two characters, I'm really only seriously interested in a handful of items for each. I'll be largely done with this "content" after a couple months, and I'm OK with some mild tedium for that relatively short timeframe (hey just killed a dragon right now while writing this).

This month I'll do the WSD/STR Earring and SIRD/PDT Waist for my main (uses DD/tank jobs), and bring my alt (mage/support jobs) at the same time for the points to grab the Enhancing Duration Waist and Macc/Enfeebling earring.

Aside from those, I'm not even super interested in much else. I'll go back for another month or two of dragon killing to get some more niche pieces: the DEX/Crit ear, the Waltz Potency ear, I guess the AGI/MAB bullet for Quick Draw, a couple of the 600 point skill+ earrings for the mage alt. Then I'm pretty much done.
By fonewear 2019-12-12 16:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Then don't play the *** game lol

[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-12-12 16:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Also... LOL can't wait for the new Domain Invasion PLUS campaign. 240 point a day cap! Half priced Wyrm Ash!

There ya go, whiners.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-12 16:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

They could have made all the other useless dragons drop domain points !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-12 16:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill Jormungand for 20 domain points.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-12-12 16:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill Jormungand for 20 domain points.

OMG please yes.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-12 17:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill Jormungand for 5000 domain points, but it's killshot only.

Fixed. Bring back HNM camping!
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-12-12 17:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Kill Jormungand for 5000 domain points, but it's killshot only.

Fixed. Bring back HNM camping!
Me, an intellectual starts doing ENMs for The Wyrmking Descends.
I'll be able to kill Tiamat, Jourmungand, Vrtra, Ouryu, & Bahamut all in a single sitting and make out like a bandit.

(literally did this yesterday for screenshots, and the windower4 screenshot function broke Q_Q )
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Honeybaked 2019-12-12 23:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you really not have to do anything once you grab the seal? I assumed I at least had to try to hit it or something.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-12-12 23:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct. You can grab your Elvorseal and AFK for 10 mins while other people kill it and move to the next zone
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-13 00:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that people get out their damage dealing trusts is one of my (sarcasm font)favorite(/sarcasm font) things. Like these wyrms need any help dying.

To the person above that pointed out Domain Invasion Plus campaign with reduced price items, that sounds too much like what they already do (have done) that it is exactly what they'll do. I'll be sitting on my points probably after the one item I have my eye on.

In other news, someone a few pages back mentioned it hurt the community (?) of people that sold 3-zone full clears. I was never going to make an Aeonic, but now... after 125 days of getting 80 points, as long as I make 400 beads per day (100 each wyrm of the 4 I need to kill), I'll have the 50,000 beads and I have been sitting on hundreds of millions of gil from selling orbs on 16x characters each month so... at least I'll be buying up a full clear at that point. Womp womp.

Oh, and yeah. I really want to know what you all think the price on these wyrm ashes is going to be? Really curious.

Edit: Oh yeah. The Unity chat thing to keep track is a pain in the *** for this if you're in one of the useful trust's unity chats.
By Chimerawizard 2019-12-13 00:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
The fact that people get out their damage dealing trusts is one of my
favorite
things. Like these wyrms need any help dying.

To the person above that pointed out Domain Invasion Plus campaign with reduced price items, that sounds too much like what they already do (have done) that it is exactly what they'll do. I'll be sitting on my points probably after the one item I have my eye on.

In other news, someone a few pages back mentioned it hurt the community (?) of people that sold 3-zone full clears. I was never going to make an Aeonic, but now... after 125 days of getting 80 points, as long as I make 400 beads per day (100 each wyrm of the 4 I need to kill), I'll have the 50,000 beads and I have been sitting on hundreds of millions of gil from selling orbs on 16x characters each month so... at least I'll be buying up a full clear at that point. Womp womp.

Oh, and yeah. I really want to know what you all think the price on these wyrm ashes is going to be? Really curious.
I'm going with 45m early, 30m after the first wave of mules have started botting it. 15m after mules have been botting this a few months.

I should also start an aeonic, I'm sitting on 50k beads and don't know what to make. a shield perhaps.

I'm trying to level a mule legit while doing missions; I miss all the movement speed+ gear and having all the various teleports.
Also, wish I log'd in last month to pick up a shantotto2 on it, that trust would do so much better than adlheid. (probably misspelled)

I use DD trusts >_> they're there to get my crits in because I'm too lazy to fix my gearswap at the moment and geo's the only one I've bothered to check. gotta get in those crits somehow, right?
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-13 00:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I find the lack of memes about this, so far, disturbing.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Alihasan
Server: Ragnarok
user: edrakali
By Ragnarok.Alihasan 2019-12-13 08:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-13 08:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
The fact that people get out their damage dealing trusts is one of my (sarcasm font)favorite(/sarcasm font) things. Like these wyrms need any help dying.

Edit: Oh yeah. The Unity chat thing to keep track is a pain in the *** for this if you're in one of the useful trust's unity chats.
When blessings go up, it'll be ~200 minimum per dragon, and a good crit set can still get you to the second tier for ~400 even with how fast they're dying. I've even gotten to the third tier of bead rewards (~300/600) when I had the damage bonus from killing last add. That's not great compared to before, but it's not completely negligible for people doing the daily grind for points.
 Ragnarok.Alihasan
Server: Ragnarok
user: edrakali
By Ragnarok.Alihasan 2019-12-14 07:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8