Change Domain Invasion Into Weekly HELP!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Change Domain Invasion Into Weekly HELP!
Change Domain Invasion Into Weekly HELP!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Taint 2019-12-12 11:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Yeah... no

I don't play games when I have stuff to do..i play games after im done with the stuff I need to do...

If thats what you do... awesome... But for most people we play to unwind... not to wait

Again weekly with a 2k cap with old spawn system or this events *** trash

Besides grabbing lunch I played the entire time....the point is most people rush to the next dragon when its a 10+ minute wait. You should use that time wisely, in game or out.

I'm not applauding this event at all, but I could see how people just rush to the next dragon and poke players for 10+ minutes would absolutely hate it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-12 11:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This is hardcore content. Dragon died before I could find the damn thing to engage.

Not only is it fun you get 20 points for doing nothing !

Thanks SE !
[+]
 Phoenix.Hova
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Titanfoo
By Phoenix.Hova 2019-12-12 11:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope SE releases some content that makes you stand around doing NOTHING for 10min and then do a 1 min fight, like HTB, ambuscade, DI. SE really killing it with the end game...

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-12-12 12:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
It will get better when people start getting their gear. After that the numbers will drop in participation and beads will go up. Will take a few months but that is just like any other new/changed content... 30 page ques for Lilith bring back any memories?

Yea... in 6 months, then you can farm beads normally again.. chill out guys and enjoy the journey...

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-12-12 12:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice opinion dude

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yottaxa
Server: Asura
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2019-12-12 12:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You can whine about it or just do the content. The game isn't made to be geared 100% in a week. If you don't have time go play something else?

Theres no objection to the time gate - the issue is forcing this to a limited daily total, wherein a lot of players cant not make that level of commitment - the core request it to make it 80x7 per week and not this 80 per day nonsense...
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-12 12:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So why not uncap gobbie box points also? I don't have time to do that daily. Lets also uncap merits because so I don't refarm them after 7 htbf fights and don't have time to go get more. Lets also uncap the ah limit, I don't have time to wait for 7 items to sell. Lets take off the dynamis entry limit also, I don't have time to wait 60 hours. Lets take off the time for relic/af/empy armor upgrade because I can't wait 1 hour to get them back.

I second this and add unlimited salad and breadsticks !
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-12 13:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
So why not uncap gobbie box points also? I don't have time to do that daily. Lets also uncap merits because so I don't refarm them after 7 htbf fights and don't have time to go get more. Lets also uncap the ah limit, I don't have time to wait for 7 items to sell. Lets take off the dynamis entry limit also, I don't have time to wait 60 hours. Lets take off the time for relic/af/empy armor upgrade because I can't wait 1 hour to get them back.

I second this and add unlimited salad and breadsticks !

Honestly after clearing w3 sandy last night we had close to 30 mins left. They need more mobs lol... 100+ Mil gil in drops every 60 hours is not enough...

600 astrals in next logon campaign make it happen !

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-12-12 13:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's my domain points and I want it now !

Call J G Wentworth 877 Domain Points now !

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-12 13:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost nobody asked to uncap it. They wanted a weekly cap instead of daily, because spending 6 hours throughout a week is possible for most people who have a desire to stay up to date. Spending 50 minutes every single day is not for most of those people. It's not a matter of free time, it's a matter of scheduling, and it only exists to artificially extend the content. It can still do that on a weekly system.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Chimerawizard 2019-12-12 13:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Because I have 30 mules, most of which I never bother to reactivate.
And every single one of them has been collecting login points for 5 years.

If I could spin that SP dial 10,000 times all at once ... (10/day*365days/year*5years*30characters/50/spin)=10,950. I've probably opened <950 of those in total.

Sarcasm really needs its own font...
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-12-12 13:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sarcasm really needs its own font...

Pretty sure literally no one missed the sarcasm.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-12-12 13:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you playing down what we really want

Im ok with gated content thats engaging, challenging and strategic

No one wants to be handed anything easily and to compare a new event to a rehash 4 year old event with a daily cap that's piss easy doesn't make for a good analogy

1000 weekly cap where the dragons don't take 15mins to spawn and 20 seconds to die as they spawn on their own timers per zone isn't asked to handed anything.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2019-12-12 14:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused. Are you arguing against people asking SE to enforce its own rules? Or are you indignantly saying "Oh people drove too fast on that highway. Better turn it back into a dirt road. Hahaha *** you commuters?"

Either way your argument does not support the necessity of a DAILY task at all. In fact it is now EASIER to bot points than ever before since you can do 100% nothing at all and still get your 80 daily points.

The only thing this has hurt is the players trying to farm these points legit since now casuals are forced to waste an hour every day of the week or fall behind the hardcore folks. A weekly cap of 560 as opposed to a daily cap of 80 does not do anything to release casual and hardcore players from throttled content, it does however allow the flexibility of non-hardcore folks to have some possibility of catching up.

Now what they have created is a situation where NEW players are forced to choose. Do they get the new accessories and crafting material to sell, or do they get abjurations and gear to kill the dragons with? And not only are they forced to choose one of those two options in the short-medium timeframe that is upcoming, they also have to play literally every single day to do so. If they don't, they risk falling even further behind or losing out on all that potential income that would help get their characters on track.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-12-12 14:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »
The only thing this has hurt is the players trying to farm these points legit since now casuals are forced to waste an hour every day of the week or fall behind the hardcore folks. A weekly cap of 560 as opposed to a daily cap of 80 does not do anything to release casual and hardcore players from throttled content, it does however allow the flexibility of non-hardcore folks to have some possibility of catching up.

Uh... casuals who didn't make 3 full Ambuscade capes a month also fell behind. People got over it, and many of those casuals are still working away at their own pace on Ambu stuff like finishing capes, +2 armors, and Kaja/final stage weapons. Sometimes they get 0 or 2000 ambuscade points in an entire month, while hardcore players are getting 200,000 on day 1 after an update (and sure would have liked to be able to make TEN capes a month). All of this is fine.

I get that you WANT to be able to do stuff whenever you want during the week, but the devs are just practicing a pretty common modern design philosophy: provide some incentive for people to log in EVERY day. They don't care that it isn't the most convenient setup for you.

And come on, it's not like people don't have the possibility of catching up. 50 (very easy) dragon kills to get a potentially BiS accessory? OK, sounds fair enough. Especially when most of the more "casual" players might care more about like, 2 or 3 of the accessories. They can play a lot for a couple weeks and finish one in that timeframe, or do it more sporadically and maybe take 2-3 months or longer (just as they have done with things like Ambu gear that the hardcore would complete within hours of a monthly version update).

Quote:
Now what they have created is a situation where NEW players are forced to choose. Do they get the new accessories and crafting material to sell, or do they get abjurations and gear to kill the dragons with? And not only are they forced to choose one of those two options in the short-medium timeframe that is upcoming, they also have to play literally every single day to do so. If they don't, they risk falling even further behind or losing out on all that potential income that would help get their characters on track.

This is literally EVERYTHING in FFXI. Someone could farm Omen or Salvage for gil, or they could do high tiers for gear, or they could CP for JP/gifts to improve their job, or they could do Dynamis for JSE neck progress and item drops, or they could do Ambuscade for items/gil... There's ALWAYS a choice of how to prioritize your time. And quite frankly, DI is not really that bad in that if someone has only 15-20 minutes to play they can make some meaningful progress by getting a couple dragon kills in.

High end sellable DI crafting materials really weren't made for these more casual players anyway - they are for the hardcore, crafting bots, mules, etc. And the casual players aren't the market for the crafted gear, which is seemingly intentionally designed to be expensive and for the more hardcore players. If anything, it's nice that truly casual players have options to access (solo, even) some really BiS stuff - they don't have the option to get things of that level by themselves in other relatively recent content: they can't solo Omen bosses, get decent Ambuscade points without exorbitant effort, do higher difficulty HTBFs (and if they do VE, it's gonna take a huge chunk of their more limited time), even stuff like SR for the still valuable items that drop there. You even have to get 3 people to do some things like Vagary or Delve.

I think from the perspective of the "poor downtrodden casuals" that people here seem to want to defend as an excuse to complain about DI, this is actually a GREAT event since they can progress by themselves and get truly good rewards.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-12-12 14:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It will get better when people start getting their gear. After that the numbers will drop in participation and beads will go up. Will take a few months but that is just like any other new/changed content... 30 page ques for Lilith bring back any memories?

This. Hell, even yesterday on day 2 of DI with large amounts of people insta-killing every dragon, I did a few on SAM and was able to get 300-500 beads a kill when I actually focused on the dragon (I'm not on Asura, but the dragons were still dying in ~1min or so). That's roughly 50k beads in a month of DI that I'll be doing anyway... and that doesn't account for ANY other beads from any other sources, nor does it account for the inevitable slowdown in DI excitement that will clearly lead to significantly more beads/kill as things settle in.

I get that it isn't the same, and people hate change. And I *do* think they should add more sources of beads (SUPER bead pouches, and add that ish to login points, copper vouchers, RoE, Ambuscade rewards, whatever). I get that it's annoying to people who lost a good way to farm a lot of beads very fast for a new Aeonic and get other party members up to 50k fast (and they may have to do that in other ways like spamming T1 Geas Fete for now). But things will be OK. Really.

I like it because now you can actually upgrade your regen and refresh vorseals pretty easy now too!

F yes. Me too.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-12 15:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The point system and reward pace are fine, and including ruaun abjs and reis sets was a great touch to reduce mercing of low tier gear.

Cutting the number of spawns to 1/3 is a negative for beads no matter how you look at it, and even if it becomes better for casuals in the long run that could have been accomplished without making it worse for people who can farm effectively.

Calling it content or pretending the actual gameplay is worthwhile is pure delusion, though. It's just mobile game *** where you get your reward for logging in and running to camp. They could have kept the reward list, left DI alone, and made some other minor open world content to put it on if they wanted to do handouts.

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
But things will be OK. Really.
And this condescending horse ***. You can be critical of new content. That's why forums exist. The game isn't ending, but if everyone pretends everything is great then SE might get the impression it actually is.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-12-12 15:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

guess if 10 mins out of your busy schedule to get 80 DI points a day is too tough

If your gonna drink this shitty SE koolaid atleast be factual...

Its takes a hour to get cap points if you add the waiting for dragons... and 10 mins of play time is generous... id say 5 mintues of actually doing something on your character during that hour.. so much *** fun man...
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8