ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
ALL TRUMP!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 142 143 144
By fonewear 2020-01-31 08:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I identify as all races at once. I may appear white by in my soul is black or something !
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-31 08:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That and the DNA test says I"m like 0.2% African American which is good enough for me.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-01-31 09:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m glad no one told me adults would argue about race my entire life. I’d have killed myself as a teenager for sure.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-31 09:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
That and the DNA test says I"m like 0.2% African American which is good enough for me.

One drop standard is all you need.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-01-31 09:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2020-01-31 10:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Yea Civil War slavery etc. but how can America survive a D list celebrity turned President !
[+]
By fonewear 2020-01-31 10:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like we don't have a vote in the matter. Trump declared himself King now and forever.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-01-31 11:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Is that 0.2% African? Don't remove the heritage of your Africanness!

My latest result has me at 1% Native American. Perhaps I'm related to Elizabeth Warren?!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-31 11:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like we don't have a vote in the matter. Trump declared himself King now and forever.

You can only be trusted to vote if you vote correctly.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-31 12:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, yes. An excerpt from Hamilton’s letter to Washington about tax policy that Democrats are claiming was Hamilton’s take on impeachment. Revisionist history at its finest.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-01-31 12:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Ah, yes. An excerpt from Hamilton’s letter to Washington about tax policy that Democrats are claiming was Hamilton’s take on impeachment. Revisionist history at its finest.

First off it’s “Objections and Answers Respecting The Administration August 18th 1792”. It is not a letter about tax policy. There is a large portion of Objections and Answers covering Debt and Centralized Banking. Which was major issue among those running the then fledgling nation.

The quoted portion was his response about instilling a monarchy:

Quote:

Objection XIV44   The ultimate object of all
To this there is no other answer than a flat denial—except this that the project from its absurdity refutes itself.
The idea of introducing a monarchy or aristocracy into this Country, by employing the influence and force of a Government continually changing hands, towards it, is one of those visionary things, that none but madmen could meditate and that no wise men will believe.
If it could be done at all, which is utterly incredible, it would require a long series of time, certainly beyond the life of any individual to effect it. Who then would enter into such plot? For what purpose of interest or ambition?
To hope that the people may be cajoled into giving their sanctions to such institutions is still more chimerical. A people so enlightened and so diversified45 as the people of this Country can surely never be brought to it, but from convulsions and disorders,46 in consequence of the acts of popular demagogues.
The truth unquestionably is, that the only path to a subversion of the republican system of the Country is, by flattering the prejudices of the people, and exciting their jealousies and apprehensions, to throw affairs into confusion, and bring on civil commotion. Tired at length of anarchy, or want of government, they may take shelter in the arms of monarchy for repose and security.
Those then, who resist a confirmation of public order, are the true Artificers of monarchy—not that this is the intention of the generality47 of them. Yet it would not be difficult to lay the finger upon some of their party who may justly be suspected. When a man unprincipled in private life desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper, possessed of considerable talents, having the advantage of military habits—despotic in his ordinary demeanour—known to have scoffed in private at the principles of liberty—when such a man is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularity—to join in the cry of danger to liberty—to take every opportunity of embarrassing the General Government & bringing it under suspicion—to flatter and fall in with all the non sense of the zealots of the day—It may justly be suspected that his object is to throw things into confusion that he may “ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.”
It has aptly been observed that Cato was the Tory-Cæsar the whig of his day. The former frequently resisted—the latter always flattered the follies of the people. Yet the former perished with the Republic the latter destroyed it.
No popular Government was ever without its Catalines & its Cæsars. These are its true enemies.
As far as I am informed the anxiety of those who are calumniated is to keep the Government in the state in which it is, which they fear will be no easy task, from a natural tendency in the state of things to exalt the local on the ruins of the National Government. Some of them appear to wish, in a constitutional way, a change in the judiciary department of the Government, from an apprehension that an orderly and effectual administration of Justice cannot be obtained without a more intimate connection between the state and national Tribunals. But even this is not an object of any set of men as a party. There is a difference of opinion about it on various grounds among those who have generally acted together. As to any other change of consequence, I believe nobody dreams of it.
Tis curious to observe the anticipations of the different parties. One side appears to believe that there is a serious plot to overturn the state Governments and substitute monarchy to the present republican system. The other side firmly believes that there is a serious plot to overturn the General Government & elevate the separate power of the states upon its ruins. Both sides may be equally wrong & their mutual jealousies may be materially causes of the appearances which mutually disturb them, and sharpen them against each other.

You may want to reconsider your revisionist comment.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-31 13:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhh, not exactly. Here’s some historical context for Hamilton’s thoughts.

One, he was the treasury secretary at the time, so it wasn’t just that it was a big concern for the nation. It was his job.

Two, the reference to the instilling of a monarchy was a direct reference from a previous letter from Washington to Hamilton wherein Hamilton’s opponents believed a certain tax plan that Hamilton proposed would pave the way for a monarchy to come into effect due to its intended effect of centralizing more wealth among the rich. Hamilton was ticked off at this characterization, saying that it wasn’t his views that would lead to a monarchy, but those of his opponents. He was against direct democracy, hence why he talks about “popular demagogues”.

You can’t get the full context from even this letter alone. You need historical context, and yes, that context came from a discussion about taxes.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-01-31 13:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

One, he was the treasury secretary at the time, so it wasn’t just that it was a big concern for the nation. It was his job.

Two, the reference to the instilling of a monarchy was a direct reference from a previous letter from Washington to Hamilton wherein Hamilton’s opponents believed a certain tax plan that Hamilton proposed would pave the way for a monarchy to come into effect due to its intended effect of centralizing more wealth among the rich. Hamilton was ticked off at this characterization, saying that it wasn’t his views that would lead to a monarchy, but those of his opponents. He was against direct democracy, hence why he talks about “popular demagogues”.

You can’t get the full context from even this letter alone. You need historical context, and yes, that context came from a discussion about taxes.

Yet you can't grasp the context of the passage being quoted in respect to the Republican Senate Majority abdicating the Legislative authority to the Republican in the Executive at this moment.

You might think this is "winning" but you and your friends here will bemoan the power just granted to a future Democrat president who acts selfishly under the pretense of "national interest and security".

This is that moment and you've missed it because you think it's all about hoaxes and the results of 2016.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-01-31 13:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Zerowone said: »

Yet you can't grasp the context of the passage being quoted in respect to the Republican Senate Majority abdicating the Legislative authority to the Republican in the Executive at this moment.

You might think this is "winning" but you and your friends here will bemoan the power just granted to a future Democrat president who acts selfishly under the pretense of "national interest and security".

This is that moment and you've missed it because you think it's all about hoaxes and the results of 2016.

Uhh, it’s not the Republicans who put us into this situation. Any negative side effects from a Hail Mary impeachment with no listed crimes lies squarely in the laps of Congressional Democrats. Nice tangent from the historical discussion, but I rather enjoyed that more than whatever this last post was trying to do.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2020-01-31 14:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »

My latest result has me at 1% Native American. Perhaps I'm related to Elizabeth Warren?!

Strange they group Wales and England together and not Scotland and Ireland.

Isn't the second bullet point on that list Ireland and Scotland?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-01-31 15:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

No it's not. The people in Scotland and Ireland are more related to Vikings and Saxons, Romans and then the French pushed them out to Scotland and Ireland when they came and are why England and Wales are separate.
The Irish claim the Scots are sissies they put skirts on and kicked out of Ireland.

The Scots claim the Irish are sissies they pulled the skirts off of and kicked out of Scotland.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-01-31 16:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey you guys should start a Brexit thread since,(correct me if I am wrong) didn't that finally happen today?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-01-31 17:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »

Strange they group Wales and England together and not Scotland and Ireland.

I'm guessing the DNA markers for England/Wales must differ enough from Ireland/Scotland to be significant...DirectX's explanation makes sense. It's also funny how Norway's color coding is inclusive of Iceland. That little 1% from the Baltics is where the name Ozment originates, original spelling Osman. It's Turkish, and that part of the family migrated here in the early 19th century when the decline of the Ottoman Empire began.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-01-31 17:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Brexit is done, there is nothing to talk about now.

Hopefully the awful united states of Europe idea can fall apart in the years to come, since without us Germany and France are going to find it really difficult to fund that ****show.

Well their problem was they were trying to form a country without informing everyone they were forming a country. Meaning the powers in the EU attempted to take national sovereignty from all the member countries, effectively turning them into vassal states, without telling people they were going to do that. Telling member states countries that they can decide their own destiny, only if it aligns with the totally not a country European Union policies that totally aren't laws, that isn't gonna go over very well.

Now if those in Europe want to form a centralized republic with an elected body, laws, central bank, central currency, trade agreements, and basically everything that makes the US the US, then *** announce you want to do that. Have all the countries who want to join vote to send representatives to a central body that drafts an ironclad European States Constitution, write in all the framework and basically do what the founding fathers did in 1787. Each country when they be required to hold an internal referendum validating their desire to give up their national sovereignty in exchange for being made a member of a greater Republic. There would be nothing wrong with that, people deciding to band together.

Trying to do it sneakily is wrong, and totally in line with the real powers over there, European Aristocracy. The upper Aristocrats wouldn't ever want to risk their wealth accumulation on the whims of a Democracy. Hell look what happened to Briton when the people go to choose, they ended up choosing the "wrong answer", the Politically Incorrect answer.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 142 143 144