PSA: Flaw Identified In Voidwatch Addon (Ban Risk)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » News » PSA: Flaw Identified in Voidwatch Addon (Ban Risk)
PSA: Flaw Identified in Voidwatch Addon (Ban Risk)
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13
 Asura.Meliorah
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-11-22 09:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
well considering they're literally using ps2 devkits...

Quit *** using logic, they shut down the PS2 and Xbox servers that means it's a PC onry game being developed on PC dummy face.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-11-22 09:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »

Quit *** using logic, they shut down the PS2 and Xbox servers that means it's a PC onry game being developed on PC dummy face.

they did not rewrite the game and optimize for a pc instead when this happened.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2019-11-22 09:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Link to post announcing extension to voidwatch campaign for easy access: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56165-Planar-Rift-absent-in-sky?p=621816#post621816
By Pudd 2019-11-22 10:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »

Typical, it's fine when SE dupes campaign days.
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2019-11-22 10:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pudd said: »
Bahamut.Unagihito said: »

Typical, it's fine when SE dupes campaign days.

Even thumb'd up their own post and duped it.
By Mrxi 2019-11-22 11:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Iryoku said: »
the voidwatch addon can be found at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ex1jtgqz4jtmxd8/voidwatch.lua?dl=0

This addon is not distrubuted by Windower
Is this not a form of distribution?
This thread should be deleted. because your basically handing out a apple with a razor blade in it to all the little kids at once by posting a bot to a forum like this, even if it is the version that doesn't dupe the pulse cells. Besides its fixed now.
Or did they break this bot with the update?
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-11-22 11:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Players who will be banned for abusing this exploit, thank you for your sacrifice.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-22 11:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »

I know, right?
By Jetackuu 2019-11-22 11:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Also woo, longer CP campaign.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2019-11-22 11:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrxi said: »
Iryoku said: »
the voidwatch addon can be found at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ex1jtgqz4jtmxd8/voidwatch.lua?dl=0

This addon is not distrubuted by Windower
Is this not a form of distribution?
This thread should be deleted. because your basically handing out a apple with a razor blade in it to all the little kids at once by posting a bot to a forum like this, even if it is the version that doesn't dupe the pulse cells. Besides its fixed now.
Or did they break this bot with the update?

The link is from the other ffxiah.com forum thread, where the addon was initially shared. the dropbox is maintained by the original author.

Windower never shared any copies of the flawed code. Windower is not handing children an apple with a razor blade in it. It is more like handing an adult a knife and saying "don't cut yourself".

the apple implies malicious intent, knowingly hiding harm in an inconspicuous package. the knife is dangerous and all parties are aware.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-11-22 14:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yassss

Finally some pvp
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-22 16:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd have to know what he was like before he got caught and banned the first time.

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2019-11-22 18:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

did he screw with and report ppls bots?
By Draylo 2019-11-22 20:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Draylo said: »
Hilarious a sock account and the guy pretending to be a GM slinging personal attacks.
How can you call me a liar when 1) you have no clue, 2) your whole "fame" in the FFXI community is based on you using cheats and not admitting to it.

You're a fraud, don't get butthurt because you're still seen and called as one 10 years later.

What in the actual hell are you talking about? lol. Fraud? I've been around for a very long time and I don't see why you keep going for personal attacks when we are discussing something so benign like FFXIV vs FFXI, get the stick out of your ***. You keep posting as if you're some super high up secret agent GM of FFXI that has so much knowledge, like always. Yet you post very generic crap with 0 substance. I also have no idea what your fraud accusation is? You should elaborate because I'm interested, people think they know everything lol.

Quote:
You'd have to know what he was like before he got caught and banned the first time.

You're speaking out of your ***, but we can certainly see what you're like right now I am guessing most have you blocked.

Quote:
While I think Draylo's fame is odd (and it speaks as much about the community at large as it does him as an individual), I must have missed something that makes it appropriate for him to be attacked and insulted like he is here. He's not impolite or offensive so I don't see why there is the need to be so strong in hating on him.

Essentially, a large portion of them have hatred towards me because they saw me as some FFXI defender for some years. When you have people who hated this game at one point or another, they have associated me with it. Then you have randoms who you've competed with in the game or in forum discussions. I have never played with any of these people but they act like they know me, its been this way for years. Most people these days in this community are socially autistic, and it shows in their posting. They are heavy on the personal attacks to try and hurt someone else. When SE announced they were stopping content production for the game after ROV, I used to get tons of PMs from people asking me to take videos of me slitting my wrists after it happened or that they are glad I'm gonna die with this game. The internet is filled with hateful weird people, but it never has gotten to me because you should see how see of these scrubs are like in RL.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-11-22 21:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

When SE announced they were stopping content production for the game after ROV, I used to get tons of PMs from people asking me to take videos of me slitting my wrists after it happened or that they are glad I'm gonna die with this game.
i'm doing my best but i haven't received one of those, i have to admit i'm a little jelly.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-22 22:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured it was mostly because you had a high horse going for so long, then it turned out you were just as willing to bot as anyone else. That, and 'ITS WORTH IT' basically became a meme because of the ridiculous level to which you went to defend FFXI against criticism.

That said, I have more reason to dislike you than most, and I certainly don't hate you or wish ill on you in real life. I just think many of your arguments are emotional, and you have trouble looking at FFXI from an unbiased perspective.
By Draylo 2019-11-22 22:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I've personally grown up with this game, so there are different phases of my life and I've grown and changed from each one. I started this game when I was like 12(almost 18 years ago.) and from a large change in my RL so I grew very attached to it. It's been there through my life and all the ups and downs. So there is definitely emotion attached when I talk about it.

That said, my opinion has obviously changed through the years. At the start I was anti-bots, then I mellowed out a lot over the years. I still have no idea what he is talking about though because he claims as a GM he has had "files" on me and knows everything.

I don't wish anyone ill will on these forums or the game. I still remember being angry at you a lot in the past for silly stuff lol, but some people just take it to the next level with their hatred. It's sad. When you've played this game for so long you're bound to create enemies, I've led an LS for years through all the content and it's taught me a lot about how people are online. Just to answer that guy who didn't understand the hatred.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-11-22 22:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
you have trouble looking at FFXI from an unbiased perspective.
something you have in common.

I just think many of your arguments are emotional
little does he know its all business, amirite?
By Luminohelix 2019-11-22 22:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

'ITS WORTH IT'
Yes

@draylo
I've led an LS for years through all the content and it's taught me a lot about how people are online.
I was there, yes it was worth it~
[+]
By Felgarr 2019-11-23 01:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Luminohelix said: »
'ITS WORTH IT'
Yes

@draylo
I've led an LS for years through all the content and it's taught me a lot about how people are online.
I was there, yes it was worth it~

Anyone else hear a meme train coming? :D
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-11-23 01:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut