[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-11 13:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fauve said: »
What is the precedent on banning for buying duped items? Do they ban you for buying, or get rid of them in a future maintenance?

If they judge you to be associated with the person duping, they will permaban you. Otherwise, nothing happens and you get to keep them. The most likely scenario is that you will get to keep them, unless you bought many hundreds, in which case the other outcome is possible.

They have never individually scrubbed items, and if they've done a rollback it was prior to 2004, when I started playing.
By Friedrik 2019-11-11 13:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
If I start off a sentence with clearly it automatically means I have proof and I'm right? Clearly you don't know. Also all the people claiming to not want this tool might want to chill. :)

Sure bud.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-11-11 13:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »
Some of you people have serious balls.

The amount of people openly saying "let me in on it / what's the secret?" on an open forum is just ballsy.

Not judging, but I'm having flashbacks to 2005/2006 where this would have been shrouded in mystery and everyone condemning.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-11-11 13:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Friedrik said: »
If I start off a sentence with clearly it automatically means I have proof and I'm right? Clearly you don't know. Also all the people claiming to not want this tool might want to chill. :)

Sure bud.

Let me send you my black book with my list so you can decypher.
 Sylph.Kemikal
Server: Sylph
user: kemikal
By Sylph.Kemikal 2019-11-11 13:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The only person who sells my signed necks is me and I don't sell medals I use medals so here we go again with random people just talking out their ***. And for my shell redic none of my guys use dupes we are all in here because you keep spamming view on our page because Eli has a pearl.
By Rips 2019-11-11 13:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So who was banned? Who is not able to login anymore?

Hands up if it's you. Man up.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-11 13:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So who was banned? Who is not able to login anymore?

Hands up if it's you. Man up.

Not a single person as of yet, not even the one literally yelling im an RMT with duped medals, ban me
By Foxfire 2019-11-11 13:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly i don't expect immediate action unless it's repeated behaviour over the course of weeks/months

there was a dude being a literal racist slinging slurs left and right in asura for weeks last year iirc, and that dude lasted way too long imo
By Draylo 2019-11-11 13:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes its part of the problem that SE has created. They have been so lax on policing this game that it has created a toxic environment wbere everyone cheats. Why wouldnt you cheat when the company themselves doesnt even police the game? Any MMo its an issue and this is one of the reasons why. Everyone begging for the dupe because these days everyone cheats. Have to blame SE for that as tbey stopped much support on this game and I personally blame them for that too.

People dont team up anymore because they 7 box everything with assisted programs. People selling gil and not letting anyone get kn their way, especially not returning players that need help. We are in a post apocalypse ffxi! SE needs to police and actually care about their game like they do FFXIV.
[+]
By Rips 2019-11-11 13:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Yes its part of the problem that SE has created. They have been so lax on policing this game that it has created a toxic environment wbere everyone cheats. Why wouldnt you cheat when the company themselves doesnt even police the game? Any MMo its an issue and this is one of the reasons why. Everyone begging for the dupe because these days everyone cheats. Have to blame SE for that as tbey stopped much support on this game and I personally blame them for that too.

People dont team up anymore because they 7 box everything with assisted programs. People selling gil and not letting anyone get kn their way, especially not returning players that need help. We are in a post apocalypse ffxi! SE needs to police and actually care about their game like they do FFXIV.

You nailed it. Without policing, it feels like this game is some old Runescape-Era game that is just an old relic of 20 years ago. Certainly cheapens the experience - and its legacy.

Remember when Fell Cleave bot parties were a thing and RMT were selling spots? SE eventually banned that, didn't they?

They certainly don't ban Doh Gates 10M parties at all nor care to.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-11 13:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

While I don't disagree with the 7 boxing discouraging teamups, having automation in general reduces people's willingness to actually do things.

By being able to advance your character while AFK, you artificially lower the bar for advancement, which results in content that you need to actually participate in seeming more tiring. Now, we have an entire subclass of players who sit around in town 'too lazy' to enjoy the game they're paying for because the bar has gone so low that playing is tiring.
[+]
By Rips 2019-11-11 13:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Some part of me thinks that some people at SE just wished FFXI died. It still brings in money, but just how much?

It's like they think of it as the annoying family member they wish they didn't have to deal with anymore, but they throw table scraps at it (us) because they have an obligation to.
[+]
By Rips 2019-11-11 13:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
While I don't disagree with the 7 boxing discouraging teamups, having automation in general reduces people's willingness to actually do things.

By being able to advance your character while AFK, you artificially lower the bar for advancement, which results in content that you need to actually participate in seeming more tiring. Now, we have an entire subclass of players who sit around in town 'too lazy' to enjoy the game they're paying for because the bar has gone so low that playing is tiring.

You're right. It's kind of depressing, really.

Even for gil buying - it cheapens the experience.

Is the community that bored that they don't want to play the game? If so, just move on. Life is large and there's other games / things to do.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-11-11 13:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Some part of me thinks that some people at SE just wished FFXI died. It still brings in money, but just how much?

It's like they think of it as the annoying family member they wish they didn't have to deal with anymore, but they throw table scraps at it (us) because they have an obligation to.

Had they simply named it "Final Fantasy: Online" vs a numbered title, I have no doubt they would have let it die a short time after the release of 14. But they have a very valuable legacy in the FF franchise, one that in part depends on keeping the numbered titles in playable status for posterity.

Oh, and I think we can be honest that for most players FFXI nowadays is a very pretty chatroom instead of a game.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-11-11 13:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Not entirely true, but I agree to an extent. I take responsibility for the fact it got out, whether it be directly through me, or me shining light on it's discovery; and I can genuinely accept that. This game has just evolved from it's original core that we have a wide mixture of players, this game was the last of a specific breed of games where the content was much harder and more like old school style quest.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-11-11 13:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This is everything in a nutshell for me. I was so exhausted of doing anything. If my accounts DC'd I wouldnt log in for a week because I was tired of even logging in. If more content would have been pushed it might have been different. It does help on some servers where there are not enough people for players to complete content.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2019-11-11 13:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
honestly i don't expect immediate action unless it's repeated behaviour over the course of weeks/months

there was a dude being a literal racist slinging slurs left and right in asura for weeks last year iirc, and that dude lasted way too long imo

It took me 45 minutes of spamming the N-word in 2006 when I was trying to quit, to get sent to GM jail for a warning. Ironically, something about the experience left me feeling so defeated that I just quit naturally right after that.
[+]
By Rips 2019-11-11 13:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Not entirely true, but I agree to an extent. I take responsibility for the fact it got out, whether it be directly through me, or me shining light on it's discovery; and I can genuinely accept that. This game has just evolved from it's original core that we have a wide mixture of players, this game was the last of a specific breed of games where the content was much harder and more like old school style quest.

I'm at least happy you made it come out. At least an end can come to it.

Edit - Mind telling us if you were banned or not? Again, not judging, but genuinely curious how you coded something and were not banned.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-11-11 13:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm at least happy you made it come out. At least an end can come to it.

Edit - Mind telling us if you were banned or not? Again, not judging, but genuinely curious how you coded something and were not banned.

Nobody has been banned, but we both fully expect atleast our two accounts to potentially get banned.

Though I didn't bring to light of this level- comeatme did, and he had his reasons.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-11 13:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone tell catchyname to do beastman medals they're more valuable (to me) Voids are cheap, shards are overpriced

(nevermind he has those too, just not cheap enough)
By Rips 2019-11-11 13:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Someone tell catchyname to do beastman medals they're more valuable (to me) Voids are cheap, shards are overpriced

(nevermind he has those too, just not cheap enough)

Maybe when you're picking those up you could pick up some integrity as well.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-11 13:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Who the *** needs integrity, I need money (not really money, but cheap relic+3)

Sold my ffxi integrity in november '16
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-11-11 13:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe when you're picking those up you could pick up some integrity as well.
integrity isn't cheap enough either.
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2019-11-11 14:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

SE probably doesnt have the Ban Hammer anymore. They had to drop due to inventory restraints.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-11-11 14:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Snk said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Honestly this thread should be shut
Quite frankly it should be nuked, pretty sure it crossed the "player warning" threshold awhile ago (there's been nukes for a lot less).

I really don't see a point to nuking this thread this late in the game's life.

It's not like anything discussed here is going to change what's happened already.

Then you obviously never read the rules.
By Jetackuu 2019-11-11 14:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It does help on some servers where there are not enough people for players to complete content.
Which is quite literally 0 servers.
By ashcrow 2019-11-11 14:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Some of you people have serious balls.

The amount of people openly saying "let me in on it / what's the secret?" on an open forum is just ballsy.

Not judging, but I'm having flashbacks to 2005/2006 where this would have been shrouded in mystery and everyone condemning.
that logo brings back trauma.
By clearlyamule 2019-11-11 14:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

In english? Is there anyone who actually speaks non-translator JP that can make a post?

You just need to say the exploit exists and the details of how to fix it have been submitted via task force report.
I'd stick to STF report. Just posting it over there is hit or miss even on the jp side. I still remember a jp player documenting a bug/exploit on pup them telling him they couldn't replicate it so he nailed down exactly how linked a youtube video of him doing it... and SE just came in and said stop talking about it deleted talk about it and never fixed the problem. Granted this is just a tad worse for the game but I can see them going lazy mode and just doing some suspension bans and sweep it under the rug
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9