Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.
Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 15 16 17
By SimonSes 2019-11-13 15:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
Wouldn't the WSD on barbarity be subject to diminishing returns on a weapon with 120 WSD? On top of already only being active for 1/5+ hits on a WS.

That 120% is multiplicative with WSD in gear, not additive.
By Spaitin 2019-11-22 09:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty fun option on war is Drepanum if you like to do darkness SC. spiral hell hits pretty strong during warcry. I think i use high TP impulse set. i think 43k is the number i see a lot at high TP. Has some different options you dont really get with other 2 handers on war.

ItemSet 366516

Something like this set i think.

An option that isnt talked about enough imo is sonic thrust on shining as well.

Shining one is also a good darkness option with war. you can 2 step darkness with scythe. iirc you cant do that with polearm.
Edit**** This is what i use i think
ItemSet 369811

Not sure on rings or waist.

For impulse i deff recommend metalsinger because of the 100% str mod.
 Asura.Mysticzero
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Mysticboi
By Asura.Mysticzero 2019-11-22 09:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice! I'm glad to see that Drepanum can do some damage. I was very curious about the weapon. I'm sitting on a pulse weapon right now trying to get ambuscade points to turn it in. It's been a hectic few weeks with the up coming holidays and a recent fall out in an ls. I'm trying to keep up tho.

As for the Impulse drive build ya have there. If you don't mind can you let me know what you are hitting for 43k ^^;? Impulse drive is a beast of a weapon skill. Can one shot dyna wave 1 fodder mobs and can do upwards to 70k+ to Kirin and Koryu with the right buffs.

Thank you!

Also I haven't done the builds for that scythe but I'm wondering if it's possible to get an xhit and 100% DA.
By Spaitin 2019-11-22 09:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I was saying spiral hell is hitting for 43kish USING the same set as impulse. impulse goes much higher at high TP values. The targets lately were stuff like neak and when i get bored on this months ambu.

With the set I posted for impulse. 70k+ is pretty common on high TP values. You get the random 99k as well. impulse for DPS is deff a better weapon than drepanum.Drepanum is just another pretty fun spam option or darkness SC.

As far as xhit build. i think 3 hit build with sam/fighter with 100 da on drepanum. 528 delay is kinda nice.

With my typical fighters roll set 379 TP per swing. 2 swings per round and 297+ tp return. Total of 1055 But that is with 11 sam roll.
 Asura.Mysticzero
By Asura.Mysticzero 2019-11-22 11:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That's my bad I misread, was a quick read on my break at work. That is very cool. Looking forward to trying it out myself now! I wonder how it would do in dynamis wave 1 and 2.
By Felgarr 2019-11-24 09:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are the 3 cloudsplitter sets built the way they are? (I was hoping to use Valorous sets for both Cloudsplitter on both WAR and BST). The Valorous vs. Odyssean set is a difference of -2 total STR on Valorous.

Is MAB more important/slightly higher priority than Strength? I ask because I just got a Valorous Mask with MAB+42 and no stat mod :/
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-11-24 12:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Why are the 3 cloudsplitter sets built the way they are? (I was hoping to use Valorous sets for both Cloudsplitter on both WAR and BST). The Valorous vs. Odyssean set is a difference of -2 total STR on Valorous.

Is MAB more important/slightly higher priority than Strength? I ask because I just got a Valorous Mask with MAB+42 and no stat mod :/

On WAR yes it is, by a lot. Not only does WAR not get much MAB to begin with, but he STR mod isn't very large and there is no dSTR type stat to double dip.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2019-11-24 12:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking about ranged war the other day, I haven’t even tried to set it up yet, with Kaja bow do you guys think mistral axe or emperial arrow would do better damage for ranged? Or if we could even get enough Racc to make this even possible?
By Spaitin 2019-11-24 19:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Mistral by far. The only use i get out of it was farming ruan dragon. spam mistral when he is flying and use bow/arrows to get TP. Makes the fight take like 4 minutes solo.

Granted you can just use the throwing weapon ffom Sovereign behemot and get close to the same results. The biggest issue imo with the ranged set up on war is the complete lack of ranged ACC to make it viable on anything above domain invasion. The best set for it is a bit hard to get.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-11-24 22:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

I'm doing Valorous myself because I play WAR alongside BST, I think it makes sense (Ody hands do get 2% WSD so maybe not that slot). WAR gets a ton of strength gear and even WSD gear but very little MAB gear, and Valorous has no magical path, so a big MAB piece like that is valuable. Primal Rend *does* have a dSTAT mod but a CHR/WSD/MAB augment on Valorous is gonna be a rare one.
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-11-25 09:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What numbers are people getting out of CloudSplitter?
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2019-11-25 12:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

My set is nowhere near ideal and it’s been awhile since I have used it but when I used it at apex camps I think I was getting 8-10k.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2019-11-25 14:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
Mistral by far. The only use i get out of it was farming ruan dragon. spam mistral when he is flying and use bow/arrows to get TP. Makes the fight take like 4 minutes solo.

Granted you can just use the throwing weapon ffom Sovereign behemot and get close to the same results. The biggest issue imo with the ranged set up on war is the complete lack of ranged ACC to make it viable on anything above domain invasion. The best set for it is a bit hard to get.

Heh, I was just looking at my options to gear up for Racc on war and Jesus it is abysmal, for Ilvl gears there is 119 Ohat and the rest is volte gear... fkn fantastic.
By Nariont 2019-11-25 14:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres always augmented acro
 Asura.Mysticzero
By Asura.Mysticzero 2019-11-25 19:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What numbers are people getting out of CloudSplitter?
ItemSet 369350
I use a Variant of this set atm as i dont have Sacro body. For head im using Valorous Mask with 30 MAB Wsd +5%.

I used Asida as a practice test and was able to reach 15k(2200ish TP) and 20k~ (3k TP) for Cloudsplitter. I was also using Renauds TP Bonus axe sub hand. Trusts were; Yoran/Apururu/Ulmia/Qultada/August.

Note: Odyssean augs are 15-20 MAB // 3-5 WSD. Is just what i got stuck with.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-11-26 02:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
I was thinking about ranged WAR the other day, I haven’t even tried to set it up yet, with Kaja bow, do you guys think Mistral Axe or Emperial Arrow would do better damage for ranged? Or if we could even get enough RAcc to make this even possible?
Mistral by far. The only use I get out of it was farming Ru'an dragon. Spam Mistral Axe when he is flying and use bow/arrows to get TP. Makes the fight take like 4 minutes solo.

Granted you can just use the throwing weapon from Sovereign Behemoth and get close to the same results. The biggest issue IMO with the ranged set up on war is the complete lack of ranged Acc to make it viable on anything above Domain Invasion. The best set for it is a bit hard to get.

Heh, I was just looking at my options to gear up for RAcc on WAR and Jesus it is abysmal, for iLvl gears there is 119 Ohat and the rest is Volte gear... fkn fantastic.

Ranger sub? (22)
4/5 AF+Regal Ring for a base? (45)
That one Acc/RAcc ring from Unity Carmine Dobsonfly? (14/15)
Ranged earring from Abyssea (HTB Leviathan + Vagary earring)? (8~9?)
Ranged Necklace (12~15?)
Belt slot, I can't even remember if there is a non-RNG/COR one...

'-')
Nariont said: »
Theres always augmented Acro
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-11-26 02:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 369856

best i could think of
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-11-26 02:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

think the crafted 115 set might get slightly better r.acc though but i don't remember what the agility was on those to be sure
By BlaTheTaru 2019-11-26 09:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What rolls are we looking for on the odyssean and valorous pieces for impulse drive?
By Spaitin 2019-11-26 10:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

IF you have one of those 2 volte set you can get good racc. or augmenting val/acro gear? it is pretty rough. i guess aggressive aim helps? if you put a TON of effort into it you could probably get something semi decent.

ItemSet 369858

this gear is pretty good for it. but probably tied for hardest set of gear to get in the game with the other volte shiz. The idea is to TP using the bow and WS using the axe. there is no good options for ranged WS on war. but mistral is probably the strongest physcal WS that can be used at range and you can just use your normal wsd set.

Should have pretty solid R.Acc actually. Could also use that axe off of that NM that i cant remember the name of. Maybe Beryllium Arrow instead.

Inside of escha i would probably go with raetic bow +1 over ullr. More acc and faster TP.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-12-02 19:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just wanted to say that Dual Wielding on WAR for the first time since Colibri Meripo has been the most fun I've had on WAR in quite some time! Perhaps it's just doing a different weapon skill animation besides Upheaval, Ukko's Fury, and Fell Cleave for the billionth time each but I'm glad you made this thread Mystic. Cheers!
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2019-12-03 02:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh, the true fun of WAR. <3
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-12-03 17:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So I probably already know the answer to this but what are the chances of getting shield blocks on Warrior with say... an Adapa Shield? Will it go above the floor of 5% with Blockrate+20% given a Shield skill of 378?

Used my DM campaign chances to make a couple pieces of Shield Blockrate pieces (+9 per piece on Odyssean Helm and Valorous Hose) for a niche PLD Ochain build for funsies and it occurred to me perhaps they could be frankensteined into a Warrior singleweild build. Thoughts?

ItemSet 369933
 Asura.Mysticzero
By Asura.Mysticzero 2019-12-03 21:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's my understanding that shield block rate is determined by skill, shield size and the level of your foe. As far as I can find on bg wiki so I'm not exactly sure on where block rate+ gear comes in the formulas. If block rate plus gear works like reprisal it could be pretty significant to a point but we as wars will reach a point vs ilvl+ mobs where we can't get any better. Would be nice to know where that line is. Idk if anyone has tested adapa shield to see where it begins to faulter. There is probably a mathematician who can figure out tho. Hopefully one drops by this forum soon!
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-12-04 16:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Block rate, as I understand it, after level/skill correction can actually fall below the 5% minimum. The game will force a 5% Block rate regardless, even though your character could potentially be at... -5% for example. In such a case, you would need +11% just see an increase.

In the setup I was describing I'd have +40% in Block rate gear (Shield, Head/Leg DM Augment, Earring).

I tried Alexander on VE (CL 119) last night and saw a pretty significant blockrate, but again that was CL 119 so higher difficulty testing would be required.

In the end, it's just a suggestion. Doing something different on my WAR mule besides hitting stuff with GA has been fun and given me reason enough to want to log in and do stuff.
By Spaitin 2019-12-05 15:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

so i recently learned that the trust mayakov gives 10% ja haste with haste samba. This makes soloing with h2h or sword/shield extremely potent. Can solo gin and kyou pretty easy. probably not kyou any more though with trust campaign over though. I am not positive, but SB spam with capped ja haste might actually be wars biggest spam WS. you tp VERY quickly with capped haste and retal is much more consistent. I use them every now and again when bored or soloing pulse weapons off of t3.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-05 15:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

so i recently learned that the trust mayakov gives 10% ja haste with haste samba.

Wait what? Do we know it's 10% and does he change it up for drain samba, aspir samba or anything else silly like that? Like ohh noes you have 150/250 MP, so you must need Aspir Samba! Cause that just made fencer builds really REALLY powerful.
[+]
By malakef 2019-12-06 08:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m nearly positive it’s the only samba I have ever seen him use. Also if you haven’t seen the awesome power of the fencer build /DRG you should really go check it out. It’s super fun if nothing else and a consistent 40k plus WS spam. I love it’s just almost no variation in damage output unlike WAR’s multi hit options.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-06 08:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

malakef said: »
I’m nearly positive it’s the only samba I have ever seen him use. Also if you haven’t seen the awesome power of the fencer build /DRG you should really go check it out. It’s super fun if nothing else and a consistent 40k plus WS spam. I love it’s just almost no variation in damage output unlike WAR’s multi hit options.

/DRG is only +7% WS Damage (it's not WSD) and we can already do 40K SB's with Fencer builds. My highest so far is 99K. /SAM' 15 Store TP is anywhere from 7~15% increased TP gain with the likely value falling around the 10~11% mark.

The wiki has that guys Haste Samba value as unknown, Haste Samba naturally is only 5% not 10%, it's Dancer's merits that make it 10%. Some testing and research is required to verify this though.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 15 16 17