Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.
Warrior: DW/Fencer/Polearm/H2H/Ranged.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17
By Spaitin 2020-12-16 18:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, did 6 schah, 3 albumen .

For 1st schah I did a solo MNK DPSing with 2 cor whm geo bard. Did not work for schah because of adds. Second Schah, I replaced 1 cor with a RUNE and had success. Problem was, had to do it the long way. Mob used numerous TP moves.

Tried the fight again with the mnk rune bard and cor all spamming TP moves and killed schah at the 55 second mark. Schah used 5 TP moves.

Tried it with war sam geo cor bard whm and killed schah at the 42 second mark. MS was not used. Neither was yag. Schah used 4 TP moves

Next did 2 mnk spamming tornado kick and killed him at the 51 second mark. Used 5 TP moves. This was the most interesting one. So I did 2 more. Results stayed pretty consistent. Got roughly 1 TP move every 10 seconds.

Conclusion for Schah, SB builds don't help. Spawning adds makes the fight too long and dangerous and you cant get enough DPS to solo DPS before adds become an issue. So for schah, a SB build is not safer/faster/easier than a zerg. It just isn't a good fight for SB.

Albumen

First run was the mnk SB build. Had mnk solo DPS with corx2 geo bard whm. Took 2 minutes and albumen averaged a TP move every 12 seconds. Had to deal with "phases". The MEVA gear seemed to help.

Next did 2 mnk spamming tornado kick with geo cor bard whm back up. Fight took 50 seconds and he used 5 TP moves. Bard and Cor also spammed.

Did a war rune geo cor bard whm with no war 1 hours (for some reason people like to see that on helm testing lol). Fight took 41 seconds. Albumen used 4 TP moves.

I would keep testing, but it is pretty obvious. Same conclusion on Albumen that I had on Schah, Just not a good fight for SB. MEVA on the other hand was really useful for alb.

Guess Ill do more vini next? He has regain, so unlikely SB will help, Teles also has it. idk.
[+]
By zixxer 2020-12-16 21:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
Alright, did 6 schah, 3 albumen .

For 1st schah I did a solo MNK DPSing with 2 cor whm geo bard. Did not work for schah because of adds. Second Schah, I replaced 1 cor with a RUNE and had success. Problem was, had to do it the long way. Mob used numerous TP moves.

Tried the fight again with the mnk rune bard and cor all spamming TP moves and killed schah at the 55 second mark. Schah used 5 TP moves.

Tried it with war sam geo cor bard whm and killed schah at the 42 second mark. MS was not used. Neither was yag. Schah used 4 TP moves

Next did 2 mnk spamming tornado kick and killed him at the 51 second mark. Used 5 TP moves. This was the most interesting one. So I did 2 more. Results stayed pretty consistent. Got roughly 1 TP move every 10 seconds.

Conclusion for Schah, SB builds don't help. Spawning adds makes the fight too long and dangerous and you cant get enough DPS to solo DPS before adds become an issue. So for schah, a SB build is not safer/faster/easier than a zerg. It just isn't a good fight for SB.

Albumen

First run was the mnk SB build. Had mnk solo DPS with corx2 geo bard whm. Took 2 minutes and albumen averaged a TP move every 12 seconds. Had to deal with "phases". The MEVA gear seemed to help.

Next did 2 mnk spamming tornado kick with geo cor bard whm back up. Fight took 50 seconds and he used 5 TP moves. Bard and Cor also spammed.

Did a war rune geo cor bard whm with no war 1 hours (for some reason people like to see that on helm testing lol). Fight took 41 seconds. Albumen used 4 TP moves.

I would keep testing, but it is pretty obvious. Same conclusion on Albumen that I had on Schah, Just not a good fight for SB. MEVA on the other hand was really useful for alb.

Guess Ill do more vini next? He has regain, so unlikely SB will help, Teles also has it. idk.

Good info!
By Pulptenks 2020-12-17 01:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume all these for /nin? Or there's actually a benefit for war to use /dnc in DW scenarios? (Sorry I'm new player trying to figure this out!)
By Kikomizuhara 2020-12-18 23:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Been hitting a few flurries of 90k crits here and there in this (Qutrub) ambu with Farsha - which is encouraging. Not just Ukon that is shining XD
By Spaitin 2020-12-23 16:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, did a bunch of vini/teles/WOC/Kirin etc without MS and I have come to this conclusion: SB builds are generally behind zergs in Safer/Easier/Faster methods. Some fights where SB really shines. About 4 that I can think of.

With MS, zergs are safer faster and easier at almost all times.

SB is very potent for a small handful of fights and mostly meh for some other fights. Vast majority of fights it does nothing beneficial.

If you are underbuffed/geared then maybe SB performs better.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Spaitin 2020-12-24 11:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing to consider is axe has a ws that hits at range
It also hits much harder
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Caius
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Lavid
By Cerberus.Caius 2020-12-26 11:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Having crap luck for DM augments so far. Seems all my augments for Odyssean gear are falling on Magic augments. Since i have so many pairs of Odyssean Cuisses to play with i kept a few of the augments are any of these any good for Cloudsplitter and which would be better?

Accuracy/Attack +17
Macc + 44
MAB + 20
Magic dmg + 14

Str 7
Accuracy/Attack +13
Macc/MAB + 19
DA +4%

Str +4
Macc/MAB +19
Magic Dmg + 25
By Crossbones 2020-12-26 12:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Augury_Cuisses_%2B1

These have 46 MAB and a bunch of other stats, I think they would be pretty tough to beat for the leg slot. No macc however.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-12-26 14:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Kikomizuhara said: »
Been hitting a few flurries of 90k crits here and there in this (Qutrub) ambu with Farsha - which is encouraging. Not just Ukon that is shining XD

Only thing that keeps me from using warrior this month, well aside from being paladin and being needed for that, is we don't get that much fc gear for Utsusemi. How are you finding survivability?
By Spaitin 2020-12-26 15:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
Only thing that keeps me from using warrior this month, well aside from being paladin and being needed for that, is we don't get that much fc gear for Utsusemi. How are you finding survivability?
we get a good fast cast set.
ItemSet 377171

67% is pretty good.

I actually found farsha will far out DPS ukon for this months ambu.
By Kikomizuhara 2020-12-26 17:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah my FC gear is mostly that set. Although I do go on nin when I want to chill.

I haven't had a chance to PT with an Ukon war for this. Spaitin was that fencer with a dnc in the pt?
By Spaitin 2020-12-26 18:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Kikomizuhara said: »
Yeah my FC gear is mostly that set. Although I do go on nin when I want to chill.

I haven't had a chance to PT with an Ukon war for this. Spaitin was that fencer with a dnc in the pt?
Yes, Farsha was in a fencer build with a real dnc.
By Kikomizuhara 2020-12-27 00:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhh we had no DNC so I was Dual wielding with a max acc aug Digirbalag. The max white dmg set for these doesn't have the best acc sadly :(
 Cerberus.Caius
By Cerberus.Caius 2021-01-02 22:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a specific best option for H2H tp for war these days? i have seen sets that focus on White dmg, subtle blow(dont want to start that again lol) and then the Prior all around Sets that Spaitin posted.

When it comes to just playing around or having fun with H2h whats everyone's go to TP set?
[+]
By Spaitin 2021-01-03 14:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The sets I posted were bis for h2h dps. if you are undercapped on haste. then mache earrings become better swaps. If max magic haste. Go /mnk and have cor or bard go /dnc and your haste is perfectly capped.

They were BIS for h2h,Fencer and 2hand builds.
[+]
 Cerberus.Caius
By Cerberus.Caius 2021-01-17 23:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mysticzero said: »

Hand-to-Hand Weapon Skills
Raging Fists: Delivers a five-fold attack. Damage varies with TP.
Physical > 30% STR / 30% DEX > TP 1000 fTP: 0.975 > 2000 fTP: 2.25 > 3000 fTP: 3.75.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Raging_Fists
ItemSet 369372
Tornado Kick: Delivers a threefold attack. Damage varies with TP.
Physical > 40% STR / 40% VIT > TP 1000 fTP: 1.68 > 2000 fTP: 2.8 > 3000 fTP: 4.575.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Tornado_Kick
ItemSet 369372

Are these sets still best bet for TK and RF? Or anyone found some improvements considering updated/augmented gear? Got my Karambit for some fun and just putting things together.
By Spaitin 2021-01-18 11:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 377641

New earring replaces brutal and new ammo is BIS for ammo.

well augmented val, dagon or agogee body are great substitutes.
Ammo can be seething, aurgelmir or peupea
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-01-18 12:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not just go for full 100% DA? MA can only proc twice in Raging Fists and it's already a 5-hit. 2 DA is a guarantee 7-hit. You can't get 2 TA because that would be 9-hit.
By Spaitin 2021-01-18 12:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Why not just go for full 100% DA? MA can only proc twice in Raging Fists and it's already a 5-hit. 2 DA is a guarantee 7-hit. You can't get 2 TA because that would be 9-hit.
SO, with new ammo and earing and sulevia hands. You only need 22 DA from roll, which is a weak roll to hit 100.

Probably should swap out the hands for tatenashi now that I think of it.

Which guarantees you 7 hits and gives you a good chance of hitting 8

So without new ammo and earring use sulevia peapea and lugra for easy 100 DA.

with them use that set.

So, the answer to your question is, already considered that.

For raging fists in particular you should absolutely be using fighters roll. Very easy to cap pdif. without fighter's roll, those sets mathed out higher ws damage than the 100 DA variants i came up with.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-01-18 13:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I see. I don't usually have any fighters roll. Any set without considering rolls?
By Spaitin 2021-01-18 13:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
I see. I don't usually have any fighters roll. Any set without considering rolls?
Spaitin said: »
For raging fists in particular you should absolutely be using fighters roll. Very easy to cap pdif. without fighter's roll, those sets mathed out higher ws damage than the 100 DA variants i came up with.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2021-01-18 15:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, isn’t Raging Fists actually 6-hit because of Hand-to-hand being treated like Dual-Wield or something? Or am I losing my mind?

It’s been a-few months since I played, sorry.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-01-18 15:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Multi-hit (3 or more) H2H WS, with the exception of Tornado Kick, have always had the correct descriptions regarding their number of hits. A few years ago the descriptions were updated so that all are correct.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2021-01-19 04:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Multi-hit (3 or more) H2H WS, with the exception of Tornado Kick, have always had the correct descriptions regarding their number of hits. A few years ago the descriptions were updated so that all are correct.

Gotcha, thank you
 Siren.Sebian
user: Camilien
By Siren.Sebian 2021-02-02 14:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone plz explain to me in some TP sets listed on the front page have relic+3 legs over AF+3 legs ? Is this just the case if you don’t have the AF+3 or are the relic better in certain scenarios ?

(Mostly interested in fencer and two handed builds)
 Asura.Biglovin
Server: Asura
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-02-02 15:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sebian said: »
Can someone plz explain to me in some TP sets listed on the front page have relic+3 legs over AF+3 legs ? Is this just the case if you don’t have the AF+3 or are the relic better in certain scenarios ?

If you have Fighter's Roll up (the TP sets with FR UP on them) you most likely do NOT need the +5 DA on the AF+3 legs and can use the Relic+3 for More attack+11%DA damage.
By SimonSes 2021-02-02 16:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Biglovin said: »
Siren.Sebian said: »

If you have Fighter's Roll up (the TP sets with FR UP on them) you most likely do NOT need the +5 DA on the AF+3 legs and can use the Relic+3 for More attack+11%DA damage.

Its not even that. Some sets there has 100%DA with Relic+3 legs even without Fighter's roll. That being said, those sets arent updated with Tatenashi pieces, so Im guessing for Fencer, you would use like Tatenashi body and hands, Flamma head, AF+3 legs and feet and ignore not capping DA.

Tho tbh you can also use something like this:

ItemSet 377907
empy slots being new items from Odyssey Schere earring and Coiste Bodhar.

Thats 100%DA and 9%TA and good amount of storetp. its exactly 25% equip haste tho, so it might be possible that 1% more is needed to truly cap haste in gear. Only solution seems to be 1% haste memento from Moster Rearing. That being said this set is probably not better than the one with uncapped DA, but more TA.
 Siren.Sebian
user: Camilien
By Siren.Sebian 2021-02-03 16:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17