Moogle Ambuscade V1 Kupo!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Moogle Ambuscade V1 Kupo!
Moogle Ambuscade V1 Kupo!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Pantafernando 2019-10-29 08:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
1) The SMN are utter *** (especially if you go wih the "only" 2 SMNs setup, they need to be good)
2) There is no THF or the THF fails at stealing Invincible
3) Benediction goes off at like 1% or close to that

Other than that SMN strat is pretty failproof and each attempt, fail or not, lasts like what, 1,5 mins max? So it's not too big of a deal to go again even if you fail, with the current very fast queues.
(well you do need to reset SPs in that case of course, and that can be annoying)

I was thinking in a 5 man party but could try landing silence with GEO, that would make things even more failproof.

Just a minor fix, moogle doesnt use invincible.

Probably that lazy *** didnt unlock any job, thats why he just can use the 6 starter jobs 1h
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2019-10-29 09:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

A few observations and common knowledge to some I'm sure.

Avoid AoEs so you don't kill Regen Moogles. Sometimes you have to remind jobs with AoE skills they might use. You're screwed if they die, they do not seem to respawn.

Run from Invite Over ASAP. Auras don't wear instantly because you leave the AoE. This is true for mobs with GEO bubbles as well. Expect a tick or two more damage if the aura is on you.

The boss gives warning by talking in chat, then 1hr cloud, and finally Kaustra aura.

I noticed that if he is using certain 1 hours that he stops TP moves. Known from other mobs but worth mentioning it helps burning him down with white damage to keep him hopefully locked out.

Magic Hammer actually lands well with a decent set on BLU. I expected them to be light resistant.

Don't bother with Regen, it will get overwritten by aura. Sorry SCHs.

There is equal Regen and Kaustra aura. The way the game works applying both, you'll just be in yellow health constantly. Heal to keep health around the mark you start taking damage. Don't need to overheal, it won't make you catch up ahead of Kaustra aura.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-29 11:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I was thinking in a 5 man party but could try landing silence with GEO, that would make things even more failproof.
Been in PTs with the GEO landing Silence, but it wasn't me.
The few times I was on RDM I always used Stymie+Saboteur, we were going to reset SPs regardless after the run so might as well.

GEO is using Bolster pre pull though so I guess... you could indi-focus before pull and then swap to a different bubble after silence has landed?
Like I said before I'm sure with a decent Macc build and Bolster Idris Focus, you're gonna land Silence quite nicely on GEO.

Quote:
Just a minor fix, moogle doesnt use invincible.

Probably that lazy *** didnt unlock any job, thats why he just can use the 6 starter jobs 1h
Right, I probably meant Perfect Dodge I think, sorry for that invincible ***.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2019-10-31 00:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
Aura is not instant. Should have plenty of time to move after SP.
That's the issue though, you don't have plenty of time and the amount of time you have is highly dependant on server-client communication, which means sometimes you will be in the perfect position at the right time on your screen, but not for the server. A tic of 1000+ damage is enough to kill you and from there it's a wipe.

I think there's a reason if this specific Ambuscade Fight is appearently the most hated and was the only one which got never repeated so far not even a second time, where multiple fights have already been repeated for their third time.

So again it's not the strategy in itself that's insanely hard, it's more that due to technical issues the potential space for error is sometimes almost non existant.

The conversation was about RDM binding after SP, then everyone moving away. You have at least 10 seconds before the aura starts (little moogle auras start immediately, however). You've gotta react pretty slow to not have enough time, no matter how much lag you might have.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2019-10-31 03:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to be -that guy-, this month's fight is easy but takes long.
I did it with 4 chars on Very Difficult:

MNK(Karambit, Malignance 4/5, SB capped and SBII at 20)
along with BRD RDM and COR.

Save silence for chainspell + manafont, and keep up all appropriate enfeebles between BRD and RDM.
Turn when it uses Bill Toss to avoid terror.
Wait until moogles start to move, proc 85/65/45/25/10, go run in front of the moogles, do not /follow.
They run to fixed positions every time.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-10-31 04:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what everyone has against 'that guy'. I like being 'that guy'.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-11-03 03:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This is how I feel about this month's Ambu.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2019-11-04 20:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

A tad late to share this experience, but I only started a few days ago.

PT Setup: MNK COR GEO BRD WHM RDM
The above setup was by far the most efficient, safest, and easiest of front line job strategy.

Mages were doing the necessary, silence, dispel, curaga etc
COR Roll SAM+Chaos (or sam/monks)

Monk went all out all on the moogle, corsair did not engange, everyone else was well versed with the moogle movement so we 'did not wait' for the little moogles to start moving, instead everyone ran to the nearest moogle, and we had no issues staying with the moogles if they moved. The whole trick is to be on full alert to the moogle movement, anticipate its path, and stay ahead of it. Running behind the moogle highly increases your chance of death due to client server latency and other factors. Also do not wait to follow other players.

This strategy took us 7-8 minutes a on clean VD kill including benediction. Furthermore at the 10% SP the corsair engaged along with the MNK and zerged the moogle to its demise.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [766 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Emba
user: Emba
By Asura.Emba 2021-12-09 14:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping this as it looks like this is next up for us. Doesn't sound like a very fun time.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-09 14:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's one of the easiest, depending how you do it. 20 second conduit burn.

Or one of the most annoying depending on how you do it. Any other way.

Luckily it's never been easier or cheaper to make a maxed out (non nirvana) smn. Not that you need better than nq but let's not do the thing.
 Asura.Emba
By Asura.Emba 2021-12-09 15:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Luckily it's never been easier or cheaper to make a maxed out (non nirvana) smn. Not that you need better than nq but let's not do the thing.

Possible to replicate that level of damage via Mighty Strikes burn? I was not around when this ambu cycled through initially so flying blind a bit here.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-09 15:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

In theory you can do 1.5 million damage with a melee zerg in the time alloted, however it does obnoxious aoe tp moves like knockback, stun, sleep, terror. Sakpata is op but maybe not op enough.

Can always try, quite a bit of power creep since 2019
 Asura.Emba
By Asura.Emba 2021-12-09 15:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Was kind of thinking in the vein of a Mighty Strikes burn backed by Asylum to block out any of the muck. If we're already burning 2hours might as well thrown in the kitchen sink.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-09 15:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno. Can you do 50k dps, you need that and luck to not hit bene.

Possible with war geo cor brd whm thf(to larceny PD or risk it with a 2nd melee/cor)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-10 22:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't see it mentioned, but the Moogle also has a Virus enfeeble during SP which chews at your MP. Tried a "heal through SP" method and we ran out of MP.
By Heck 2021-12-10 22:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Dual-boxed this on Normal. WHM & MNK, with Arciela(Dispels + Haste II), Monberaux (AoE debuff removals for stray DoTs), Joachim (1 March) and Sylvie (Geo-Buffs). Had WHM stand on 1 moogle, and I positioned trusts and myself on the other.

WHM had a mediocre silence set, and he started to resist it after silence landed four times. Curaga 3/4, C4-5 when needed. (Went SCH sub, but RDM sub probably better for attempting dispels since Arciela's AI is sometimes stuck in support mode.)

MNK was in hybrid set (capped Subtle Blow), and I only had Godhands. Trusts died to baby moogle spawn around 30% since I wanted to see if I could kill it quick enough but Giant Moogle got unsilenced, started resisting and was hitting trusts pretty hard. Should of just repositioned a bit in all honesty. Big moogle doesn't hit that hard, even when he Hundred Fisted I tanked it without dropping that low, and his nukes don't do much with WHM cures and a good hybrid set.

Cleared in about 16 minutes, could definitely get it down to 12-14 after repeated attempts.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-12-11 00:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Emba said: »

Possible to replicate that level of damage via Mighty Strikes burn? I was not around when this ambu cycled through initially so flying blind a bit here.

Also wondering if:
War, War, Brd, Cor, Whm, Geo

Would work
 Ragnarok.Lowen
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-12-11 00:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What's been added recently to make gearing SMN easy?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-11 02:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The question answers itself, it's not so much a what, but a why; nothing has been added, it's all old and cheaper than yesterday
[+]
By Seun 2021-12-11 03:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »

What's been added recently to make gearing SMN easy?

Use the code "Starlight2021" to receive an additional 5% at checkout.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-12-11 09:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess we have an answer for melee burn. Keep in mind everyone there contribute to dps.

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-11 09:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK WAR COR BRD THF/DNC WHM more or less what I expected

10kish dps from each attacker gets you the 1.5 million before a second 2hour

Missing the details but it's "use all the buffs" then "make hp zero" full break, dia, box steps, spam cures
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-12-11 12:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

For those with more patience and commitment...

Rdm, Whm, Cor, Brd, Geo all buffing me on Dnc.

Evis > Rudra > Rudra for endless Darkness.
Trigger 2 hr, disengage, follow the mini moogles until 2hr is over, trigger next 2hr, and repeat until dead.

Dnc obviously should have decent tank sets, Fan dance. Self cures, cure'ga, erases, help when not amnesiad, and Box Step obviously does wonders with -23% Def.

The only real issue was a poorly timed terror just before a 2hr, where I obviously couldn't run away. Were able to recover and kill before time expired though, so not a huge deal.

Acc not an issue with Nyame, Malig, or Gleti, I used meat with 95% Acc.
By macsdf1 2021-12-11 13:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cambion said: »
For those with more patience and commitment...

Rdm, Whm, Cor, Brd, Geo all buffing me on Dnc.

Evis > Rudra > Rudra for endless Darkness.
Trigger 2 hr, disengage, follow the mini moogles until 2hr is over, trigger next 2hr, and repeat until dead.

Dnc obviously should have decent tank sets, Fan dance. Self cures, cure'ga, erases, help when not amnesiad, and Box Step obviously does wonders with -23% Def.

The only real issue was a poorly timed terror just before a 2hr, where I obviously couldn't run away. Were able to recover and kill before time expired though, so not a huge deal.

Acc not an issue with Nyame, Malig, or Gleti, I used meat with 95% Acc.

Peeps would die if moogle moved and tried to follow. Still safer to wait for moogle to move, then go where i stops and beat it up repeat.

for jpn strat was it just lucky win or do they win all the time? Seems pretty risky.

as for summoner, master lvls gives you free summon skill, thus easier gearing. I've got 690 skill myself personally with nq gears
 Asura.Cherished
By Asura.Cherished 2021-12-11 13:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shameless plug of the SMN burn method.
By Mrxi 2021-12-11 13:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You dont need to gear for skill for conduit burn, the pet str would help though with master levels. Maybe the prices on gear has come down but its also a lot harder to make the gil so about the same imo.
By macsdf1 2021-12-11 13:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

money not hard to make, just farm some astrals in omen, do some oddy c, dynamis D

and ambu of course
By Mrxi 2021-12-11 14:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

they still sell for way less then last time this ambu was around so yes its less inflated now and nothing has really changed
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-11 19:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So if anyone wanted to put 10 yalm circles around the moogles and/or smaller (5? yalm) circles around the stawarts, that'd be pretty helpful.

It's a real pain in the *** knowing if Yoran ran just too far away or not. Wish his pathing wasn't so erratic, you stand in the same spot 10 times, the *** will pick a new spot every time. Of course it would help pick up noobs too if they found it.